Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Express/GMC Savana Electrical Problems

ckofodckofod Member Posts: 2
Hello, Have a 2007 Express Van. I got a warning light on the dash the other day. Van has 18k miles on the 4.8l V8. The light appears in the upper left of the cluster. Yellow in color. Oil fill can with open end wrench. Do not have an owners manual. Bought the van used and it did not come with it. If I did get one were is it stored? I was thinking oil level or time for an oil change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You should be able to download a free manual from GM. I think your guesses about the oil level or oil change are right though. Not sure which one though. :shades: .

How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online

Steve, visiting host
  • ckofodckofod Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Great Link. The oil change light resets by turning key to run but the car is not running. Fully depress gas pedal (slowly) 3 times in five seconds. Warning light should flash. Reset complete. Thanks again.
  • mas1169mas1169 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2002 Savana 3500 cutaway box truck with 5.7 L gas. The other day I noticed my speedometer seemed to be hanging up and not working correctly. When I got out of the truck with it still running my daytime running lights(which in 2002 is still part of the headlights) were alternating like an emergency vehicle. When I turned the actual headlights on at the switch the alternating stopped but when switch was turned off they started alternating again. This has happened only one time since but both times it involved the same symptoms with the speedometer acting up and the drl's alternating. Anyone have any ideas?
  • mas1169mas1169 Member Posts: 5
  • ffrrggyyffrrggyy Member Posts: 3
  • ffrrggyyffrrggyy Member Posts: 3
    How do I change the front turn signal bulb on a 2004 Savanna? Thank you.
  • bum2bum2 Member Posts: 2
  • bum2bum2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Chevy Express 1500 AWD. My question is when I push the traction control button on the dash, there is no indicator light showing whether it is on or off. I have another AWD GM product that shows a lighted skid mark when it is truned off. Where would I find the indicator light on the Express or Savanah1500 AWD?

Thanks for your help.

Bum
  • myrmidon111myrmidon111 Member Posts: 2
    Help! I have a 2006 GMC Savana Model #G13405. The low beams, high beams, markers and daytime running lights are all out. I have checked all fuses and relays in the engine compartment and under the driver's seat (literally every single one) and they are all fine. The turn signals, hazard and brake lights all work fine. What could it be?
  • myrmidon111myrmidon111 Member Posts: 2
  • zilatuzilatu Member Posts: 1
    Second time in a row, my 1997 express van would not start after a hard rain. Never happened before. It was tuned at 100K miles, now has 130K. any suggestion what might be wrong or where I should start looking.
  • jonathonbjonathonb Member Posts: 1
    How do I replace the headlight switch on a 2003 Chevy Express Cargo van?
  • greenbdgreenbd Member Posts: 1
    The radio has been taken out to get a new one put in, in the process, after we had taken the original radio out, the car would not cut on for two days, and I wanted to put the original radio back in to find the problem, but I could not because the person that did it cut the wires out of the wire hornace. I went on line to order what I needed, everything is here now, but I have not put the radio in yet. But ever since I took the original radio out, when I drive the van the speedomeeter does not work. What could be causing this?