Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Only one side mirror goes down when in reverse?

terpmjnterpmjn Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Honda
I just bought a 2009 Pilot Touring w/RES this week and noticed a quirky thing about both the model we bought and also the 3 other cars of the exact same makeup that we test drove.

When the car is placed in reverse the side mirrors tilt downwards for convenience. For some reason, only ONE mirror tilts each time. Sometimes the left, sometimes the right, but always only one. Does anyone know why this is, all other cars with this option tilt both mirrors. Also, does anyone know how the car chooses which mirror it lowers, the right or the left?

I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere on the internet and I'm dying to know!

Warm Regards,
Michael

Comments

• Options
    bobotbobot Member Posts: 3
    The mirror that tilts down in reverse is dependent upon the location of the mirror adjustment switch on the driver's door. If the switch is pushed to the driver's side mirror, the driver's mirror tilts down when you put the shifter in reverse. If the switch is pushed to the passenger side mirror, the passenger mirror tilts. If the switch is in the middle, the mirrors do not tilt.
  • Options
    terpmjnterpmjn Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!
  • Options
    jwallsjwalls Member Posts: 30
    Ya, thanks....its a pain in the butt.....I dont like the mirrors tilting down at all...it serves no purpose as far as I can see.

Jim
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I don't know how much it tilt down but maybe a feature for you to see the parking lines that helps you park squarely with the park space.
This discussion has been closed.