Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Low Fuel Warning Light

gungagunga Member Posts: 16
Got my 1st Low Fuel Warning Light this week.
Light and chime went on and then Enclave STOPPED 5 blocks later.

Upon refilling, I had less than .8 Gallons left

Be Warned. Don't lit it get down

Comments

• tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    Holy cats!

THANKS for the heads up. That could be REALLY bad on a road trip for example.
  • chumsterchumster Member Posts: 3
    Strange, I've driven at least 30 miles with the light on without a problem. I was paying attention to the Range in miles, got to the point that is said 10 miles ..
  • yankeebelle1yankeebelle1 Member Posts: 8
    Wow! I usually fill at 1/4 but the hubby likes to go low, thanks for the warning!
  • holly15holly15 Member Posts: 1
    On my 2009 Enclave my light and chime stopped working about a month a go and we almost ran out of gas. When we noticed, it said 7 miles until empty. Thanks for confirming there is a light that comes on. The dealer mechanic said he only new of the warning that displayed on the Driver Information Center. Does anyone know at what point the light comes on? Is it when you have 60 miles left until empty?
  • aaplsueaaplsue Member Posts: 37
    I never had a light go on but just a warning. Is there suppose to be a light because I almost ran out of gas. I never liked the warning as it is not enough.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon aaplesue,

There is the "Fuel Level Low" warning that will appear in the DIC (Driver Information Center) but no additional lights aside from the fuel gage to indicate that a fill-up is necessary (the gage will first indicate empty before the vehicle is out of fuel, but the vehicle’s fuel tank should be filled soon).

Sarah
    GM Customer Service