Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Volkswagen Golf Brake Problems

gagostinelligagostinelli Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Volkswagen
Hi, I have a 96 Golf. I want to replace the drums and brake shoes, but I cant get the drums to come off.I tried hitting around the drum with a hammer to free it up but it just wont release.Any suggestions.Is there a trick to these or is it just being stubborn.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks alot!

Comments

• amy14amy14 Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 VW GOLF with 24,000 miles. While driving on the highway, after 3-4 hours, the ABS, ASR and brake fluid lights all suddenly went on at the same time, and stayed on for the rest of the drive (about 1 hour). I waited a few minutes after turning the engine off, and started it up again...the lights did not go on. They also did not go on the next morning, when I drove for 30 minutes in the city, nor later today when I started it up again. Anyone have any ideas about this or similar experience? I bought the car a couple of months ago, so not sure about the history.
  • 600kgolfgt600kgolfgt Posts: 690
    There is a recall for the brake light switch - which is part of the ABS, ASR, and brake fluid indication systems.
This discussion has been closed.