Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sorento Towing

2000gls2000gls Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Kia
I would like to hear from anyone who has wired their Sorento for a 7-way trailer connection to pull a small travel trailer. My Sorento came wired with a flat -four connection for a utility trailer. Are the other wires back there waiting to be hooked up or will I need to run some new wires?
Thanks, Al

Comments

• roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    i am considering purchasing a 2011 kia sorento. I tow a boat trailer, and i need a five way for the brake lock out. I was wondering if you had any luck wiring up for the travel trailer. thanks. rr70
  • 2000gls2000gls Member Posts: 4
    I ended up running a wire from my controller to the rear for my trailer brakes. I spliced into my brake light switch and ran a wire to my controller. There is no factory wiring in place for this purpose.
    the hyunai santa fe comes with a plug module at the rear left side, which accepts a trailer wiring kit. is there anything like this for the kia sorento? also, thanks, for your reply 2000gls. i don't need a brake controller. i just need a way to connect to something that gives me either a 12v. when the back up lights go on, or at the very least, a 12v line which I can manually switch. thanks. rr70
    The plug module in my Sorento is behind the spare tire. Drop the spare and it should be visible
    Thanks for the update. Does Kia have the harness which plugs in, and how much $$. I take it that it is still only a 4 wire harness. rr70
    The harness is already there. Kia has a converter that plugs in to allow you to use a single bulb for brake and tail light. Yes it is a four wire. I added a couple of wires on my own to run my travel trailer. Not sure of the cost as I had a factory hitch added at the same time. Keep in mind that my Kia is a 2004 model.
This discussion has been closed.