Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• skc7286skc7286 Member Posts: 7
    i dont now the eaxct date but it was at least a week ago as the dealership was talking to me about it before i bought.
    i also wanted anl xls with sun and sound. but being in new england (northern, MA to be exact), i figured i needed the AWD and that ruled out the FWD model. I never considered any of the 4 cylinder models as i always beleved that if they offer a car in a 4cyl and a 6cyl get the 6cyl.

i got such a good price by doing nothing other than making it clear that i wasnty super thrilled about it not having a roof rack option and asking them to look around to get once from another dealer. they did so and found one in NJ which fit my critera (i bought black but was a little more interested in blue). i went back to the dealer on the 30th ready to sign papers but walked around the lot one more time. the sales manager told me that if i would "settle" for one already on the lot he would go $500 below invoice and give me a "great" trade value. i was priced out at $200 over invoice so that was a $700 swing. and as far as the trade was concerned, i bough that malibu for $12K in 06 (a year old with 16k miles) and drove it for 4 year. i figured that $6k for it was a great deal (i knew about at least $2500 in repairs it needed and was hoping for $4K-$5K).

they also needed to sell a few more cars that day to get thier number for the quarter and were not going to let me leave without making a huge push.
  • achilles_heelsachilles_heels Member Posts: 9
    I think the 0% 60 deal started today. All of their previous incentives expired on 6/30, but I checked today and they have extended the incentives to 8/2, but changed the 0% deal from 36mo to 60mo. However, you can't use the factory rebate w/0% (and of course you need to qualify).
    i stand corrected.

they must have know it was coming. they were trying to talk to me about it last week.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

GT crossing a water path
  • ermal1ermal1 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2010
    thank you

i dont understand the fact that AWC has less packages,does that mean that sun&sound is standart in AWC?

and when i try to add luxury package the sun & sound package adds automatically does that mean that i have to buy both of the packages if i want only one?
  • mjrtopmjrtop Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked is that this incentive (the 60 months 0%) was posted on the Mitsubishi home site on 6/28/10 (BEFORE the end of their 36 month offer). Since I hadn't visited their site since 10 days prior to the 28th, and had purchased on the 23rd under the 36 month, I was curious. Thanks again and if anyone has the exact date, it would help since I can't get from Mitsubishi. My dealer stated that they didn't even know about the change.
    you have to get the lux package with the sun and sound for an xls 2WD. no idea why.

I assume they want you to step up to the GT.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited July 2010
    this one is the best looking one.

And, just like the look a the Rally Red on my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, they look so so hot in Mitsu's patented Rally Red, boys.

Number Two would be Kia's new 2011 Sportage.

2011 Kia Sportage in Ignition Orange

The Mitsubishi Lancer is the best looking compact, the Eclipse has gotta be one of the hottest looking Coupe's (challenging Kia with their new Forte Koup), the new Lancer Sportback looks great in the hot hatch category and the '10 Outlander leads in my own personal SUV competition.

Mitsubishi is really making fine vehicles these days. Couldn't be happier with my '08 Lancer GTS.

Note: the Rally Red '08 Lancer GTS by Mitsubishi pictured above is not iluv's personal car but just a very reasonable likeness.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

i just parked my new blue GT in garage :D
    i just bought 28 k with 0.0% for 60 month and remote engine start included in price :)
    they really insisted to the gt i wanted a xls but they were giving me more expensive xls than the GT so i just went for the GT :)
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I'll bet it looks nice in blue! Last time I was at local Mitsu dealer they didn't have any GT's. I would think they'd have one or two sitting in the showroom or near the road to bring people in, they are a sharp SUV.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
    Congrats on the new GT! Yep, I bet the blue looks sharp. They didn't have a blue GT at my dealer, but they had black, so that's what I got...love it!

Congrats on the great deal too.
  • modachemodache Member Posts: 5
    Great deal you got there. Is 28K out the door? Does it have the navigation and leather?
  • modachemodache Member Posts: 5
    That's an incredible price! Was that after incentives and loyalty bonus?
    no loyalty bonus this is my firts mitsubishi and actually I LOVE IT i really mean it i love everything on it.
    and NO navigation sistem and this was without the 1000$ because i chosed the 0.0% for 60 month.and 28 was without taxes and fees with all that stuff it went a little bit more 30 k but they told it was the last day of the month so they wanted to sell the car or smthng like that and i got 2 free oil change and one free full tank of gas and if i install the scoof plates and rear bumper step protector they will give those to me with the invoice price thats what they said at least :P

i love the car. it is GREAT
    Why is so hard to change to low beam to high beam? is it only me that have that problem? why isnt the tradional way up and down the stick :( every time i made to change them the left signal turns on this is frustating....BUT i still love everything else
    edited July 2010
    are they kinda touch-sensitive? Because the high-beams on my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS are turned on by the left stalk, and IIRC, they will at times cause a blinding-flash type of sensation. A stutter-light and then the blinker will come on inadvertently.

Ya just turn off the blinker and then re-apply the left stalk, pulling it towards you a tad until you feel it fall in to the place it needs to be to turn on the high beams and you'll be fine.

You just have ta get used to the feel of the left stalk, come towards you with it until they come on and then release the stalk. They will work for you, you just need to practice turning them on and off a few times. Early new rig jitters iz zall. Enjoy your beautiful new SUV.

You guys are getting the best SUV available on the market...it's cool when you can match great engineering with the best looking vehicle bodies made on the planet anywhere, eh? ;)Score!

yeah i am practicing :) not that i am goona use it often(more likely never :P) but i was upset cause i thought it was smthng wrong with my car :( cause i was used with the honda ones :blush:
    the car is beautiful when you drive in the road or in a parking lot everybody keep looking at my baby :)
    and the feel of safety when you drive it is Great
    Thank you Mitsubishi for this Car
    edited July 2010
    like the new EVO, I had to step back and watch the look for a while. After observing it for months and months(and the new EVO look) I'd have to say it is working fine for Mitsubishi.

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

so today i went to put my remote engine starter and i ended up driving a Hyundai Lantra after working for more then two hrs on the car they found out that they needed another piece that would be shipped over night so i will go to take my car tomorrow
    i dont know if this is good or bad? any opinion?
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    The '10s are different from prior years WRT the remote start so I wouldn't be too surprised. My dealer actually installed an aftermarket remote start v. the Mitsu one.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    i just got my car back :)

what happened was that they were trying to install an aftermarket remote but they couldnt do it they said with the smart key it wont work so they ordered the mitsu remote and it came overnight and now i can turn on my vehicle from home :)
    one thing i dont like is that when you open the door the car turns off you have to go inside and turn it on again .......
    My aftermarket one works fine with FAST keyless. But similar to yours, mine will shut off when I press the brake so it still has to be started with the FAST fob in the car before I can drive off. It's a minor inconvenience but it has led me to use the remote starter probably less than I would otherwise.
    Wow, that's different than my old remote starter. I guess I hadn't really tried it out til today. Yep, it shuts off when you open the door. Another thing I don't like is that you need a separate fob for the remote start. It would be nice if the all the functions could be consolidated into 1 remote instead of having to carry around 2. Also, there is no 2-way feedback to let you know that the engine is started. There are some really nice aftermarket starters, but I wasn't really sure how they would "play" with the FAST keys.
  • comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    edited July 2010
    Like I've said before the Mitsu engineers must be dirking a bit too much sake when making some of their designs. It's not a question of a good design that broke with a later fix coming, but rather flawed thinking in the design to begin with.They really got to think through some of their designs before committing them to the production line.(are they skipping the pre-launch customer feedback part? ). While I felt my 2007 was the best overall choice at the time, I will be far more critical before making my next purchase and they will have to really up the usability ante considerably to get on my short list. It's really too bad that a few key flaws can spoil an otherwise great vehicle.How they ever had that red LED display is beyond me and shame on me that I didn't check it out in the daylight too. Other things just aren't intuitive (at least on the LS model) when it comes to the programming of the control center (like applying the parking brake, while doing X and Y , etc) My wife's Malibu is much more intuitive and I feel you must stand on your head while facing due east on the Outlander by comparison. I bought the factory fog light kit that had directions to self program when installing yourself. The directions had you put the key in and turn to a certain position while the new light switch alternated on and off while opening and closing the drivers door 5 times (like a bird flapping it's wings). It didn't work and the dealer later programmed it for me for free with their scan tool.. A user friendly design would be more self aware.like plugging in a USB device on a PC. From what I've read the XLS is better on some of this stuff than the LS, but it shouldn't be that hard/weird.
    i agree with you having two remotes sucks and having another remote for garage it sucks more :( that is true about the feed back but i couldnt choose since it was included in the price i cannot complain too much :)
    and smthng else is that i works from far far far away it is awesome i tried it today from different spots places.and it always worked and beleive me i was far and inside a building where my phone had no signal and it worked :)
    My remote starter flashes the lights on the car a second or two before the engine starts.
    Obviously, apply your critical eye to every model you look at. If you look at recent Inside Line posts, for instance, I believe it was the Flex or one of the other cars in their fleet that had a nav screen that totally washed out in sunlight.

Your programming sounds like the cryptic things they have people do to register a new key fob.
  • ny_outlanderny_outlander Member Posts: 16
    Blue GT? What color interior? Cloth, right?
    yeah they call it Cosmic Blue.interior is black and yeah it is fabric/leather sport
  • ny_outlanderny_outlander Member Posts: 16
    Great! I had to custom order the beige cloth interior. Took from Feb 1 to Jun 1 to get here. Nice car.
    i just realized that the center wheel caps of my gt are different color from the wheel and i went back in the dealership and told them ...they will give me some new caps :)
    guys plz keep us updated......and hands free system is awesome i really like the voice commands and for those that say that you cant see the stereo in the sunlight
    they are wrong i can see the stereo in the sunlight(not the nav system).....
    hey guys do you have any idea how much the insurance can be?for the gt so i get an idea about it?
    There are just too many factors that influence auto insurance costs. Your zip code, age, gender, driving record, and credit rating (believe it or not) all count. The vehicle counts too, of course, as there are factors like safety equipment, cost to repair, and so on. The distance you commute matters. Optional coverages like glass, towing, uninsured/under-insured coverage, coverage above the state minimums, and so on will make a difference. Then there's the possibility of multi-car discounts + discounts for having home + car together. Oh, no-fault states will be different as well.

Not to mention if you've paid off the car already then you only need state minimum liability coverage v. comprehensive.

My 6-month premium runs between $400 and 450. But that means little as the factors above that apply to me might not apply to you.

Call your insurance agent. A few minutes on the phone should reveal how the GT's rates compare with your other vehicles. BTW, the lizard and the weird lady have never had competitive prices for me. I've been with Farmers Insurance since oh, 1995 or so, and have always had the best rates or darn close to it whenever I bothered to compare.
    I've been with State Farm all my life. For some reason, the rates for my new GT are the same as my 2000 Galant ES!
  • comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    "and for those that say that you cant see the stereo in the sunlight
    they are wrong i can see the stereo in the sunlight(not the nav system
    ...."

I haven't been back to the Mitsu dealer in some time so I haven't seen 2010 models. Maybe they finally learned and fixed the non-Nav models (certainly hope so). In the 2007 model I guarantee you cannot read the red LED display in sunlight.
    Ditto. My GT is running within about $15 or so/6 months of what my '99 Galant cost when I had it. I'm in Farmer's Ultra Top Secret Double Probation Platinum Mega Hyper Discount rate group.

That doesn't mean I'm a safe driver; just that they haven't caught me. :P
    edited July 2010
    aye ta keep 'em guessing! We little people have to do what we can to get an edge.

Well, actually I am a fairly safe driver. Not slow, but safe. I pay attention to what's going on around me - other cars and what I can see of their drivers, pedestrians, weather & road conditions, etc. - and adjust my driving accordingly. I also factor in my car's condition. If I'm in a car with so-so handling (adjusted for road & weather conditions) I won't push as much as if the car can take whatever I can throw at it.

I also understand that AWD helps you get going on snow covered roads but it doesn't do a darned thing to help you stop.
    edited July 2010
    I started to become a safe driver while just 16. I was driving my Dad's '66 VW Fastback 4-speed on a Friday night. My friend was with me and it started snowing in Edmonds-Lynnwood, WA. I pulled off the road into a furniture store parking lot.

I started squireling around on that lot and slipping and sliding, having a ball! I remember saying to my friend "Watch this!"

I shifted up in to 2nd real fast and picked up speed, moving the wheel around and sliding. We started heading to the edge of the lot. Snow covered the landscaping rocks and shrubbery already.

I made the fatal mistake of hitting the brakes and the result was not a good one.

BAM! Up we went into a large boulder and SLAM down on to the side of the boulder we stopped. End of the line, padre.

Our heads had bumps from hitting the roof and my wrist started bleeding pretty bad. The VW's horn ellipse had busted off in the crash and sliced open my wrist.

My friend literally gave me the shirt off his back and tourniquetted my bleeding wrist with it. That guy should've gone in to medical work because he was quick and good at it!

His house was only about a half mile away and we left the '66 VW Fastback there out of commission.

Found out later the car was totalled and Dad had it fixed-the front end was badly damaged. Dad never scolded me for it but it left a gigantic impact on my attitude about safe driving.

I loved that V-Dub...it was the one I learned to drive stick on and I always took it to downtown Seattle and all aound the Sound. It was a very fun car to drive and we got it back.

But I never, ever drove crazy again. I basically drive like a Grandpa...I have fun in the '08 Lancer GTS, but no more out of control fun. Dad's method of getting through worked, only he didn't have to do anything! The example was set and I learned from it.

• blackngold1000blackngold1000 Member Posts: 7
    I've been reading Edmund's/Inside Line's Long Term Road Test with interest. The air conditioner on their test car failed with barely 1k on the car. Immediately, all the naysaying mudslingers villified the Outlander in the comments. Well, my two month old GT's air conditioning just started blowing hot air and wheezing like an asthmatic in a smoke filled room - mileage 1,280. I am less than pleased. Though I will say that if I have to have a problem with a new car I just bought, I'd rather it be the air conditioner than something major. It's a one week annoyance in the July Philly heat. Nothing that can't be dealt with even with the black leather interior.

Has anyone else run into this problem? The dealership suggested leaving the fan control in the auto position at all times. Naturally, this means that the A/C is blasting pretty strongly when the car is started up. I am wondering whether this was a contributing factor.

I am also having trouble synching up my Sony MP3 player with the sound system. It shows the loading progress bar for 30-40 seconds and then times out. Other times it synchs up successfully. Not sure what the problem is. My daughters Ipod works no problem, so I am wondering if it is the Sony that is the problem. I have close to 4,000 songs on it so I wonder if too much data needs to be transferred.

Other than these two minor issues, I really like the car. It's fun to drive and not a dime a dozen like the Rav4 and CR-V. In the last three months, I have not seen another 2010 and less than ten of the older models.
    mine now has nearly 800 miles but no problems with the AC actually i always leave it at Auto position and just change the tmp lower or higher but i dont think that the problem with the ac is that you dont leave it in auto if it is that than it is stupid,my only concern is that when ti start working it makes a destinguish noise louder then the other cars i used to drive but i never thought it is a problem.
    and about the synch with my ipod works perfectly i like the voice command you can use to play your favorite songs.i havent tried anything else to connect with stereo.....

and same here in tampa i havent seen a 2010 gt yet execpt mine(sometime i think is this a good thing or a bad thing,i like to think is a good thing)only some old outlanders around here :D i am happy about that
    No problems here either. I've had my GT for about 3 weeks now, but it was a demo and now have 5000 miles on it. AC works great and keep it on Auto. I haven't noticed any other problems either, but haven't had time to test all functionality yet.

The ipod integration works for me, but I'm a little disappointed as it takes a long time (relatively speaking) to sync up. My Alpine stereo that I had in my Galant sync'd right up no problem, but the Outlander takes a good 30-40 seconds to read all the data in. Not a big deal, but a little annoying (makes me want to listen to satellite more). I read that having too many playlists causes slow load times, but I removed all but 2 playlists and that didn't seem to help much. I also only have about 500 songs on it. I haven't tried reading directly from a usb drive or hard drive yet as I like my iTunes playlists.

Same here in Colorado Springs. I've seen 1 other 2010 Outlander on the road.
    7600+ miles on my GT. I run it in Auto for fan & vents and the AC is still blowing an arctic chill.

Re: Blasting strongly when the car is started. The fan should start slow & ramp up in speed after a few seconds. If the blast is bothersome to you, maybe moving the vent from Auto or face to defrost or feet might feel better. And there shouldn't be any issue with the AC compressor kicking more or less right away. Cars are designed to do that.

Re: MP3. Not all players are fully compatible. My phone streams fine via BlueTooth but not at all via USB. You might check for a firmware update to your player and maybe see if it has other modes to use when connecting via USB.
  • blackngold1000blackngold1000 Member Posts: 7
    No, the blasting of the fans doesn't bother me. I'm just casting around for some reason why my A/C should fail so soon and wondered if the 0-60 start up of the A/C could cause the failure. I am inclined to agree that it would be pretty stupid for that to be the problem. I don't know. I'm just annoyed.

My phone streams fine as well, but will not import the playlists which is why I want the MP3 player to work properly. One would hope that a Sony would be compatible, but I will look into it.
  • kurly212kurly212 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I think I saw you post a comment about your A/C over at IL's blog post, and I commented there as well. The A/C in my 4-month-old 2010 Outie SE with less than 1700 miles crapped out yesterday afternoon. Took it in this morning and was told it's a compressor leak, and they'll get the replacement "next week."

God, I hope this isn't a lemon. I also have squeaky brakes that they are going to sand down for me. I had an '05 Outie that never gave me a bit of trouble and a '97 Mirage that had a few minor problems around 36,000 miles and then no problems until I totaled it at around 80,000. So, I'm going to have faith that this is just a blip.

Also, in regard to MP3 player loading issues: I gave up on using my (half-fullish) 120GB iPod Classic in the car because I could often reach my destination before it would load! And my iPhone doesn't hold enough music for my liking, so I ended up buying a 16GB Nano just for use in my Outie - I even got it in red to match the exterior! :P I have it about 2/3 full (with several playlists) and it takes about 90 seconds to load. I just wish that the system had some form of memory (I don't have the Nav system) so if I leave the iPod connected it doesn't have to load every time I start the car. Kind of annoying after a 10 minute errand.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Other than these two minor issues, I really like the car. It's fun to drive and not a dime a dozen like the Rav4 and CR-V. In the last three months, I have not seen another 2010 and less than ten of the older models

Minor issues? To me, having no A/C in July and no tunes is NOT "minor"..... :P
    Also, there is a reason why you don't see many other Outlanders - with Mitsu sellling about 4K vehicles TOTAL a month, it's no wonder. As well as concern over their long term viability in the US market, these are serious issues. I've been considering the Outlander but have my doubts....depreciation issue is another concern.
This discussion has been closed.