Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• blackngold1000blackngold1000 Member Posts: 7
    Since we have two other cars that have A/C and the Outlander's main purpose is to a 10 minute drive to the train station for work, no A/C is not a big deal. I don't need the A/C in the morning and the drive home is not fun but it is bareable. As to no tunes, the radio works fine and so does the Sirius radio.

From what I have read, they sell about 2,500 Outlanders a month. Mitsubishi is a large enough company that if they decide they want to be in the USA, they will be there. Cars are only one part of the picture for them. They are a much bigger car presence in other countries around the world.

Lastly, I intend to drive this car for 12-15 years, so the depreciation is not a big factor.
    I took the car to the dealer yesterday to have the A/C repaired. The shaft seal on the compressor was leaking. Apparantly, this is a problem for all Outlanders built between February and May of 2010. There is a service advisory out on this that the dealerships know about. Of course, no compressor at the dealership so I have to bring the car back on Tuesday. When I called to make the original appointment last Monday, I specifically mentioned the compressor. I asked why they couldn't have had a replacement part ready. Service manager told me that they can't just do it on my say so.

However, if they know about the service advisory, know my car (purchased in May) was built in the time period covered by the advisory and know that I am aware that this is a potential problem with the Outlander, why wouldn't they have a part on hand to fix the problem. I am very unhappy about this poor customer service. I have to take two days off from work for a problem that could have been fixed in one day if they had been proactive rather than reactive.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I'm hoping with Mitsu coming out with electric vehicles, They're going to want to keep a presence and dealer network in the U.S. I think we're going to see a lot of electric and alternative fuel cars on the road in the next decade.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    B&G - You might want to comment in the Outlander long-term blog at Inside Line about the TSB. People are really slamming the Outlander for having the AC go at such a tender young age. There's a lot of hate for the brand, which I can't understand, and IL's Outlander having it's AC fail has only fanned the flames.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • kurly212kurly212 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I bought mine in late March, so I'm not sure if mine fits in that manufacturing date range. I'll check the sticker when I go out later. The service manager didn't mention anything about the service advisory, but he was strangely noncommittal when I mentioned that I saw online that at least two other people reported the same problem this month. So, is this a secret advisory? It's not listed in the TSBs on this site. In fact, there are no TSBs.

I agree, it would have been nice if I didn't have to sit around for almost 2 hours only to be told what I already knew the problem was (and what they knew when I called, if there's a service advisory), and then be given a vague "next week" as to when the part will be in. Then I can look forward to spending another 3 hours there unless I can get a ride to work. Unfortunately, the Mitsu dealership I used to deal with went to only Subarus and this "new" one doesn't do loaner cars and they don't have an organized shuttle service. :-/ I do feel bad that you have to take time off from work to deal with this. :( I'm fortunate enough to have a very flexible schedule that doesn't require me to use vacation time to deal with this.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    the following is truth. Although it won't help you with these nagging recent '10 Outlander problems.

From what I have read, they sell about 2,500 Outlanders a month. Mitsubishi is a large enough company that if they decide they want to be in the USA, they will be there. Cars are only one part of the picture for them. They are a much bigger car presence in other countries around the world.

Mitsubishi's CEO has stated that they're very excited about Mitsu's continued presence in the U.S. and their output of all-electric and hybrid rigs. I love my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. It has performed flawlessly and I really feel that overall Mitsu has it's engineering and production act together. Plus, IMHO of course, I feel they make the sexiest critters on the road, too. Yaa-hoooo! :shades:

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• noeffectxnoeffectx Member Posts: 32
    I just purchased my 2010 Outlander GT this weekend July 24th. Two days later the A/C doesnt work.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I made sure the snow icon shows and the little orange light is also on.
    If you adjust the climate control down to 70 or so and make sure the fan is on or on Auto, you're not doing anything wrong. If it's blowing warm air you might have gotten hit with a bad AC unit as noted in prior posts. Call your dealer.
    Thanks Fushigi,

Can I bring my Outlander GT to any Mitsubishi dealer? I bought my vehicle in New Jersey (about 12miles from where I live) I wanted the White GT and theyre the only one who had White GT in stock. There is a Mitsubishi dealer about 2 miles from where I live, can I get my A/C service there and still get free warranty coverage?

Thanks
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    You can go to any US dealer. Before you go, check your owner manual on proper AC usage.
    As piast says, any dealer can perform warranty work. When no dealer is available, call Mitsu (number in the manual) and make arrangements. Non-dealers can do the work as well but there might be an issue for paying & getting reimbursed v. the dealer who bills Mitsu directly.

That said, you might get more courteous service at the dealer you bought from. It shouldn't matter, and may not in your case, but the service departments of some dealers are a little nicer to customers who also bought there. This is an industry issue and not limited to Mitsu.
    One last trip to the dealer yesterday and the A/C is comfortably pushing out cold air again. Took about two hours.
    Thanks for the helpful info.

I brought my vehicle to the dealer this morning and mine has an air compressor issue. They ordered and will replace the compressor on Monday 8/2.

Thats 2days I bought my outlander gt and the compressor already died. Now i'm starting to rethink the reliability of Mitsubishi brand.
    I had a '99 Galant with a 3L V6 for close to 11 years and over 152K miles before I sold it & bought my '10 Outlander. During my Galant ownership I had 1 engine repair that was around $500; everything else mechanical was just scheduled maintenance. Everything still worked when I sold it, too, including the AC. I had blown out 1 speaker & had it replaced (I likes me music loud sometimes) and replaced a trim piece on the exterior that got damaged by a car wash. But the leather seats were still in good shape, it still had the original exhaust and passed emissions tests, and so on. It survived hot summers & cold Chicago winters.

I really don't think the Outlander will be any less reliable. My Galant was reliable enough to earn repeat business for Mitsu and no other brand I've owned so far has accomplished that feat. That includes Mazda, Toyota, Mercury, and Nissan (taking me back to the mid '80s).

My advice would be to try and think of your AC issue as teething pains. Consider cars have thousands and thousands of parts and you were unlucky enough to get a bad one. But it'll be fixed under warranty (and it has one of the best warranty's available) so you are seeing first hand that the dealer and Mitsu are standing behind the car.

And if you care to research reliability, you'll find most of the other Japanese brands are doing recalls. Not just Toyota (who just did another 400,000 or so car recall) but Subaru and others. I haven't seen any on Mitsus recently. Not that they can't/won't happen, but my point is no brand is immune to having a run of bad parts or suffering an engineering defect.

Best wishes and keep us informed how things go.
    @fushigi - good point! I love everything on my GT except for the air compressor hiccups, so yeah going to give Mitsubishi a chance. Actually, when I was on the market for suv/cuv for my family's vehicle, my 1st option was the Subaru Forester XT2.5 Limited (I'm big subaru fan and still own 09 WRX), then my friend introduced me to the Outlander GT for almost same price $$$ the Forester felt pretty cheap compare to Outlander GT and thats the reason I went with the GT. I just felt I'm getting more for my money.

On the side note the dealer I went to was very helpful and the staff really took care of me, as I mentioned earlier, they will replace the a/c compressor free of charge on monday 8/2, even though I didnt bought the vehicle from them. That also made me feel a lot better knowing Mitsubishi's warranty is pretty good.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted... Tnx again
  • achilles_heelsachilles_heels Member Posts: 9
    fushigi, makes excellent points about you just being unlucky that your compressor went out. It's a known issue and I'd rather it go out after 2 days than 2 months. Any brand, no matter how reliable, can and will have problems. Mitsubishi is not known (to Americans) to be in the same stature as its Japanese brethren, but IMHO they make really good vehicles.

Similar to fushigi, I had a 00 Galant ES with 173K and no problems. I drove it hard (lots of mountain driving), but performed the scheduled maintenance and wound up selling it to a friend where I expect it to keep running for a long time.

When comparing other CUVs I found that the 10 GT was way more bang for the buck and I could also get it fully loaded. My previous experience with Mitsubishi made my decision that much easier since I trusted the brand. Good luck with yours and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
    edited July 2010
    repeat Mitsubishi customers on here. My '08 Lancer GTS is my first Mitsubishi product but I am really impressed by it's build quality and the car's looks and performance. And the generous Warranty.

I look at Outlander customers too in seeing how Mitsubishi treats them as a whole. My view of Mitsubishi after 3 years of Lancer GTS ownership is very, very good and I really think their future is so bright they're gonna need some solid Burton Cummings shades to keep their fellow workers' success beams deflected safely away from them.

Wow, Sephia. If you're ever in SE Wisconsin, we'll have to cruise around and listen to some classic rock. You don't see too many Foghat or Guess Who references in car forums. :shades:

My '07 Outlander has been nothing but reliable. I'm assuming Mitsu or their supplier changed the A/C compressor design.
    Aside from the A/C problem, I love my Outlander. Assuming no further trouble (and really, I don't anticipate any), I expect to love this car for some time into the future. We put a lot of research into this car. As many others have mentioned, compared to the competition, you get the most for your money with the Outlander. We looked at the Escape, Grand Cherokee, Rav4, Highlander, Sante Fe, Tucson, Edge, CR-V, sorento, Murano, and Equinox. The combination of features, price and dealership experience made the Outlander the clear winner.

For us, the final decision was between the Escape, Rav4 and the Outlander. We wanted a 6 cylander engine so that knocked out the Tucson and CR-V. The Grand Cherokee, Highlander and Sante Fe were eliminated as we decided to stick to a CUV. As an ex-GM stockholder, I felt like they should be paying me to buy their car and not the other way around. I really was looking to reward Ford for not needing any government money and was interested in the hybrid option. My wife has an 80's bred Japanese car bias so was initially leaning toward the Rav4.

In the end, we didn't like the interior styling of the Escape. The price tag on the hybrid engine meant a 10 year payback period for the gas savings based on our driving habits. The Toyota dealer nearest us didn't seem like they wanted to make a deal. Sort of, we're Toyota, if you want our car you'll pay our price. The salesperson actually took us to the Toyota "Build a Car" website to show that he was offering a good price on the Rav4. Like I hadn't ever heard of Edmund's and Consumer Reports.

We got the GT with the Leather & Nav package, all-weather mats, cargo mat, cargo cover and wheel locks for $29,500. My main criteria for a car is to get me from point A to point B without breaking down - very utilitarian, but I'm loving the electronics that come with the car.
    SE Wisconsin? I'm in the Chicago suburbs. Are you considering going to Mitsubishi Owner's Day in September? I'll probably go. http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/owners-day.do
    Bit of a haul for me, but I'll keep it in mind. I just drove through Normal a couple of weeks ago for a motorcycle meet. I think I saw the Mitsu plant, west of the freeway.
  • jonoxjonox Member Posts: 100
    The following was posted on the Maintenance Forum last week but additional feedback would be welcome.

Just purchased 2010 Outlander AWD ES and would value comments/advice on the following:

Location is Southern Ontario, Canada, about an hour from Niagara Falls.
    Less than 4000 miles driven per year.
    Retired owner, usually avoids rush hour traffic.
    Hauling mainly golf clubs.
    No towing.

Quote from the Warranty and Maintenance Manual states "The Severe Maintenance Schedule best describes operating conditions in Canada and is the recommended maintenance schedule."

The US equivalent just sets out a list of severe driving conditions and recommends servicing the vehicle every three months i.e "Severe" schedule only if driving under one or more these severe conditions most of the time.

Canada is a big place and the "Severe" recommendation seems like a big generalization so I'm looking for advice on how much lee-way an owner has in choosing a "Severe" or "Regular" maintenance schedule without running the risk of warranty issues?

Is anyone out there actually opting for the "Severe" schedule with servicing every three months?
  • modachemodache Member Posts: 5
    29500 is a great price...was that after the $1000 rebate and/or loyalty bonus?
    No, we went with the low interests financing. We bought it at the end of April.
    My GT is back on the dealer/service shop today to replace the air compressor (cross fingers they get the air compressor delivered today).

I cant wait for their call and give me the update, esp nyc/ny area will be on the 100's temp again this week. I need the A/C =)
    To think back in the day I drove cars without A/C. In the spring the heater control valve on my Lincoln was bad, only heat, no vent or A/C. I couldn't get it fixed fast enough.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    Because I use the A/C only when it is really hot inside the car (I use the fan ON (A/C) instead of the automatic set) I am able to switch OFF the A/C when the car reaches a pleasant temperature. I repeat this process as required. First of all, when I switch on the engine and I have left the car with the fan setting ON after switching on the engine I receive a flow of warm /hot air inside the car (Which I thought Mitsubishi has been clever to warm the car as a soon as possible if I am starting the engine in very cold weather conditions or visa versa ( cool the car in warm weather). However after 1-2 minutes the temperature goes to the temperature that is already pre set on the control knob. Secondly, if I use the automatic A/C setting the A/C system will push itself to match the setting that has been left over from the previous day, e.g. 45 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit (Because the previous day the weather was very hot) pushing the A/C compressor to work very hard to match the request of acting automatically. This action is noisy because all the A/C system is struggling to reach the temperature inside of the car at 45 or 55 degree Fahrenheit which is extreme indeed. I think any extreme use of AUTO A/C for long time may damage the A/C system. I will say the normal operation (either with AUTO or without) is to pre-set your inside temperature at 70-80 degree Fahrenheit and then use your fan or auto at will.

Remember that you ought to operate you’re A/C system at least every 3-weeks (summer or winter) for at least 15-minutes in order that the A/C compressor can have a longer operational life. One time I left one of my cars in storage for 6-months to find out that the battery was flat and the A/C didn’t work after I recharged the battery or replaced the battery for a new one. There was one case that I had to buy a new A/C compressor (Lexus).
    Thats nice, If I'm single its do able, I can tolerate the heat. I have 1yr & 5months old baby girl and no A/C is not an option especially in HOT summer in New York.
    My local Mitsubishi dealer finally replaced my a/c compressor. I have A/C now, and can finally enjoy my new Outlander GT.
  • kurly212kurly212 Member Posts: 3
    My A/C compressor was replaced yesterday as well, and it took less than 2 hours, not the 3 they projected! :)
    "Recommended" does not mean "legally required to maintain warranty". They'd say "required" if it was mandatory. If you feel the normal service schedule applies to you, follow it. Or split the difference.

Example: The Outlander V6 recommends premium fuel but doesn't require it. I split the difference between regular & premium and buy midgrade for it.

Some people think that around here (Chicagoland) we should follow the severe schedule because of construction dust (not much of a problem now but pre-recession it was), hot summers, and cold winters. But I'm following the normal schedule.

Consider the type of driving you do as well. For instance, if your trips are mainly just a few miles, that's harder on the engine as it never fully heats up. lots of stop-n-go is also harder on the car (probably not an issue since you avoid rush hour). Off-roading, even just on sand/dirt roads might qualify as severe. Gravel would be normal/same as tarmac.
    Thanks for your reply fusigi and previously piast , I appreciate your comments.

I'm enjoying the new Outlander - neat interior, good sound system, bold exterior design, the clincher for me was the great AWD system - hope we get some snow this year!

I find Mitsu's Severe "recommendation" specific to Canadian vehicles quite surprising. The majority of Canadians live within a couple of hour's drive of the US boarder and Mitsubishi are putting themselves at a competitive disadvantage compared to Honda and others, (even GM) who rely on oil condition monitoring to get up to ten or even 12 months between oil changes.
    But, given the tougher operating parameters for newer motors - particularly four cylinder models - I'll go with the Regular six month schedule and enjoy my "free oil and filter for life" (part of the deal) for at least the next five years, maybe even ten. Yet to be determined is whether the Mitsu dealership can live up to expectations on servicing and maintenance, the Regular schedule this should be less of a concern.
  • ermal1ermal1 Member Posts: 19
    man free oil change for life that's a good deal :) anyway my gt is going 1.5k miles now and no problems for now and i still love my car :) i am happy for my choice if you use it manual it fly.

P.S do we know how that trip in south america with the GT ended?
    I think I said that the GT was left in a house’s garage in the city of Trujillo, Peru in July 2010. The GT has done 17,000 miles so far. We have returned to the USA for personal reasons (e.g. daughter wedding, other daughter new baby, and so on).
    The GT has got some scars of the torturous adventure to the South Pole, e.g. paint chips, scratches, the rear bumper with fasteners blown out or out of place, 1-inch stone crack on the windscreen, and a couple of body indentations. The interior of the car has some scratches (door panels) and some nasty patches from the continued massaging of the cargo bumping against the wall of the inside of the car.

Driving on tarmac is still smooth with the exception of the noticeable noise produced by the Yokohama Geolandar A/T. On other roads the driving is still good but it may be accompanied by intermittent very low intensity rattle (like wires being loose or fasteners). I must say again the GT has been subjected to very harsh driving at all the time with a total cargo equivalent to 7-people. Tire pressures were kept to 33 psia. I used synthetic engine oil (e.g. Mobil 5W-20) and I usually change it at 7.5K miles. Apart of the oil change I followed the severe maintenance schedule given for MMA for the Outlander.

In January 2011 we are returning to Peru to pick our GT and continue our adventure to the North of Peru and visit the third highest waterfall in the world in the region of Chachapoyas (Gocta waterfall). From there we will head to Ecuador (Volcano: Tungurahua & Cotopaxi), Colombia (Volcano: Galeras & Nevado del Huila), Venezuela (Angel waterfall), Brazil (Manaus), Peru (again) driving on the brand new Interoceanic highway constructed by Peru and Brazil to give Brazil a port to the pacific. This Interoceanic road (tarmac) undulates the 3-branches of the Andes at heights above the 15-16K feet to reach Machupicho and Cuzco before heading to Bolivia (Volcano: Irruputuncu), North of Argentina, and the Iguazu waterfall between Paraguay-Brazil and Argentina. Finally we will ship our GT (if the GT is still alive) to the USA from Buenos Aires (Argentina). We expect to drive another 10K miles.

In summary I may said, the GT has survived more than 10K miles of extreme conditions in South America). It excels on the snow and ice for sure. It is a good car that can cope well with the 20-30% of driving time off tarmac and 80-70% of driving time on road (Tarmac). If you wish to drive 80-70% of your time permanently off road then you may need to shoulder another $10-15K above the price of a GT to do that. You may buy a Nissan Pathfinder, a Toyota 4Runner with KDSS, or a Land Rover (7-seats). However if you are not in the extreme off road stuff, the GT may give you a nice and reliable adventure off tarmac at an affordable price. The driving is most probably improved changing the stock 225/55R18 to 225/60R18 or buying a set of 16-inches Mitsubishi (Outlander) wheel and fit to 225/65R16 or 225/70R16 or 215/70R16 or buying a set of 17-inches Mitsubishi (Endeavor) wheel and fit to a 225/65R17 tire.
    Many thanks for the excellent feedback "batman". Your experience with the Outlander is most encouraging for new owners like myself.
    Was your decision to use the regular oil change schedule governed by your use of synthetic engine oil?
    I guess oil and filter changes and additional inspection routines every 3 months makes sense where driving conditions are severe as defined by the US service schedule but I notice that the major maintenance points at 30K/24month, 60k/48month, 90k/72month and 120k/96month appear to be identical in both schedules.
  • ermal1ermal1 Member Posts: 19
    yeah it seems that we have a nice car in our hands anyway i like my 18" wheels since i am not going off road i will ok.btw what psi the tires should be normally mine are 30 i guess i tried to put them to 32 and it seems that one hour after they were 30 again :confuse: any advice?
    The main reason for using synthetic oil was that it has allowed me to extend the oil change from 3.5 K miles to 7.5 miles or more. The oil change was done by me and I didn’t want to be messing changing the oil outside populated areas where hotels or shelters weren’t available. The extension of the land between towns was not less than 100 miles plus the inclemency of the weather itself (cold and very windy). Also I had to unload the car, so the GT could be lifted, and crawl under the car to remove the oil and filter. However, to be on the safe side I didn’t wait for the 7.5 K miles and I changed the oil at 5K miles.

The best criterion to change the oil was its degree of darkness or blackness regardless of the miles performed. This is a very subjective measure but made me feel OK (the good feeling factor) and I did have the oil and filter at hand (part of our cargo). The average cost of doing an oil change + filter + gasket without using the services of a garage is about $30 (synthetic oil used). The benefits of periodical oil changes in your GT take precedence over the cost of the materials used.
  • picard12picard12 Member Posts: 55
    Does the Outlander run quiet on hwy ?

How did it perform in the winter in snow mode ? has anyone test it in snow mode ?
    The first time I tested the GT on snow was in December 2009 in the South West (California, Arizona, and Utah). Tarmac was cover with 3-4 inches of snow with patches of pure ice on the way. It was a pleasant experience. After being at the end of the world Ushuaia (Argentina) on my return to the North we were subjected to severe snow fall for 2-consecutive days on Route 40 that runs parallel to the Andes. Route 40 was closed by the traffic police but after firm deliberation with the officer responsible we managed to convince him that we had a special vehicle that can perform well on the snow. We even invited the officer to check the knob selection (i.e. snow) to confirm our willingness to proceed with our journey in spite of the snow. After 20 minutes of driving we couldn’t distinguish properly the edges of the road because the fallen snow had practically wiped away any vestiges of road boundary. We were the only one on this road and our GT tire trail was the only one left on the road for more than 50 miles. It was a frightening experience. The following day the snow started to become iced (patches), road boundaries were again visible, and we rushed in our GT to the next town 200 miles farther to get shelter.

Our GT did everything we asked of it. The noise of pieces of ice hitting underneath the car was so deafening but we had to drive fast in order to reach our destination before it became too dark and we didn’t want to get lost.

I think the success of the GT rests on its front differential that prevents the car sliding off course by controlling the rpm of each front wheel.

The Outlander isn’t known for being a quiet car; wind noise is very noticeable on highways. The tire groove design may diminish the HW noise for example the Outlander stock tires are less noisy than the Yokohama All Terrain A/T-S which have a groove design more aggressive than the stock Goodyear tires. In summary the Outlander is above average on the noise scale compared to other makes in the same league.
    I'm thinking of upgrading my wheels/rims to '19 245/50/19 or 20 245/45/20 this should be ok setup for driving to ski resorts we don't really get lots of snow here in the east coast. If it doesn't fit guess have to go with 245/45/19 or 245/40/20.
    Experts recommend staying within 3% of the diameter of the original (stock) tire. Any more than this and you face the risk of brake failure. The set of 245/50R19 has 3.15 % diameter difference and the 245/45R20 has 3.28% diameter difference.
    Batman47 - I should be safe within the range of 245/50/19 or 245/45/20 ?
  • comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    edited August 2010
    To each their own but going to 19" is something I would not do. If you increase the tire size the speedometer may be off. If you shrink the profile to keep the same diameter on the larger 19" rim the sidewall will be so thin the first pothole will destroy your wheel. If anything on a CUV I would go the other way to get as large a sidewall as possible for some energy absorbtion over potholes, etc. I have a 2007 LS and it has the 16" wheels and I chose this over the XLS for that reason and lower price. We aren't talking about a sports car. Tiger Woods proved it (look at front tire) but if you want to keep replacing expensive wheels go have at it! :P
  • westernonewesternone Member Posts: 5
    I am new to this site so any help is appreciated. I have leased Gallants for 12 years and my current lease is up in March. Wife & I are moving to Syracuse from NYC in March and I am looking to turn in the car early for a AWD SUV-crossover.
    I was also thinking of the Nissan Rogue as an option but have been scared off by several Posts on this site. A few questions:

1. Do you think Mitsubishi will continue to have a presence in the USA? obviously this is important for service reasons.

2. Does anyone reccomend the Outlander SE (i get confused I am looking at one step up from the base model which I think is the ES).

Would like to stay with Mitsubishi because I have been happy with the Gallant, they offer a $1,000 loyalty discount and my end-of-lease should go easier.
    Please help! I go for a test drive this Saturday so any input will be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds as though you have plenty of experience with Mitsu's service standards if it's been positive the Outlander would seem to be a good fit. I've had a 2010 ES for two months. It's fun to drive and well equipped with state of the art drive train and AWD.
    Mitsu are doing serious marketing in North America currently and have a great looking product line up but it would be interesting to know who Mitsu owners might turn to for service if a poor business climate did cause them to leave.
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    Even if they would leave US, they would be required by law to pass warranty responsibilities to other network of shops/dealers. But it is unlikely that they would leave one of the biggest car markets in the world.
    All I know is I'm 3 years in and 25K through my 10 yr/100K warranty and bet they'll be around at the end of it. Yes, considering how old Mitsubishi is (est 1870)and their worldwide corporation presence and wealth, I too wonder sometimes why they aren't a bigger presence in the US car market.
    edited September 2010
    is because American car buyers keep buying Ford F-150's and Chevy Equinox and Ford Fusion's. And continue to. Turcks are true appliances to drive. Come on, that's not really driving. My '08 Lancer GTS binds to turns and takes them on and makes mincement out of them. These guys are really star carmakers. They're great!

I bought a 1999 Kia Sephia and a 2001 Kia Sportage and now own a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. Now I'm looking at the new Toyota FT-86 4-door sedan in development. I look at that car and the new baby Outlander and the proposed 2013 Lancer GTS Hybrid for my next new car.

But Mitsubishi is sound as a pound. I really respect the Mitsubishi organization overall and they are really competent carmakers. 10 year and 100,000 mile Warranty on the powertrain, 5-year and 60,000 mile bumper to bumper Warranty. Really hard to beat those Warranties.

The more I drive my '08 Lancer GTS the more I think I'll just stay in the Mitsubishi family and get a baby Outlander or another new Lancer GTS next. I love this car and I put this car's bodystyle and that of the '65 Ford Mustang together as my favorite car bodystyles of all time.

• westernonewesternone Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all who have responded so quickly. Your positive comments make me feel much more comfortable going into the Mitsubishi dealer tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing the Outlander ES with a confident mind-set.
    Mind you my 2007 is an LS model V6 4X4 with 6 speed auto. (I needed good towing power in winter hauling a snowmobile trailer with 2 sleds)

The ES wasn't around back then so I've never driven one (not sure what I'd think of the CVT tranny).
This discussion has been closed.