Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    In August 2009 the 2010 Outlander was seen at a MM dealership in Monterey, CA and the vehicle has a California Number Plate. Lately in China the 2010 Outlander was displayed at the China’s Auto Show (September).

It is most probably that the sale of the 2010 Outlander GT will start in the US at the beginning of December this year as a 2010 model. MM hasn’t announced yet when this car will be sold in the US. I have contacted two dealers and one told me that the car will be for sale in October and the other the first week of December. But what is certain is that the car will be sold before the start of year 2010.

The good news of providing a deposit to MM dealerships is their promise that they will not charge you more that the vehicle invoice. Even one dealer told me that he will charge me $500 below invoice.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    MItsubishi NA says it's November. More pictures of this new redesign at: http://paxtech.blogspot.com/search/label/Outlander

More than the facelift, the 2010 model will feature additional engine hp for the same amount of displacement as previous model years.it will also feature idle neutral logic, and most importantly S-AWC.
  • huayeumhuayeum Member Posts: 1
    and it will available around Oct 13, after the National day break.

really wanna see it in Canada and try SAWC
    2010 Mitsubishi Outlander launch starts with Australia

The new Outlander will be available for sale in Australia from the 29th of September. The one getting launched is the road going version of the Outlander GT unveiled at the New York International Auto Show this April.

Soem reliable date for the US?
  • chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    cool.

Slalom (mph): 66.2 is incredible!

MT data:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Another comparo - the new 2010 X5 M comes in at 63.5.

The BMW X6 M comes in at 68.6 mph.
    It appears the new Outlander is more agile then most of SUVs and even Mercedes C Class car:

Edmunds IL slalom test:

BMW X6 M: 68.6
    Outlander GT: 66.2
    Mercedes C: 65.8
    RDX: 65.7
    Cayenne Turbo X: 65.2
    BMW X3: 64.4
    Outlander XLS:63.9
    BMW X5 M 63.5
    MDX: 62.6
    LR2: 62
    Audi Q5: 61.9
    RAV4 LTD: 61.6
    MB GLK: 61.3
    Forester 2.5XT: 60.3
    Murano: 59.2
    MB ML350: 57.5
    Lincoln MKX: 57.3

Note, that the X6 M on the top of the list costs $95K
    This photo shows the steering wheel for the 2010 Outlander models in the USA:

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    This photo shows the steering wheel for the 2010 Outlander models in the Protoptype and 2010 Outlanders sold in the Australia market:

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    the Outlander steering wheel you show in post #61 looks pert-near exactly like the one on my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

And compared to the one shown on the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander in post #62 for the Australian market, I like the wheel similar to the one on my Lancer GTS better.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• tcp2tcp2 Member Posts: 66
    #1 is exactly like mine on my 2007 outie LS. Other than what looks like a bluetooth mic built into the lower spoke of the wheel of #2, the button functions look the same.
    We are talking about the new steering wheel design of the 2010 Outlander. The #62 shows the same steering wheel that the 2010 Lancer Sportback Ralliart. However I think that the 2010 Outlander comes with the #61 instead of the #62.
    the steering wheel found in post #61 then I'll dig the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander's steering wheel, then. :blush:

• jrcolajrcola Member Posts: 4
    Say it isn’t so. :cry: So we here in North America are going to getting steering wheel left overs from last years model, and the Australians are getting the new steering wheels in their Outlanders like the ones in the EVO, and Lancer Ralliart?

The white contrasting double stitching looks way better, and the steering in general is much sportier. Hey if it’s good enough for the EVO.

I’ll be royally peed if they start offering the 6speed dual clutch transmissions down under in the Outlander. Just looking at Mitsu’s Australian web site you’ll see that we here aren’t getting any of the other good models that are available to the Australians.

I bet if Mitsubishi N.A. just started selling the Colt and the Colt Ralliart here again, that their sales numbers would double.
    Mitsubishi needs to sell the Colt and Colt Ralliart in the States. Smaller with better gas mileage is the going trend of late.

It appears that the 2010 Outlander model will be in showroom at the end of the first week, December 2009. The invoice price for the 2010 Outlander GT with leather, navigation and protective package + destination charge is $31,932. Taxes, number plate and others will make the total cost on the road approximately $35,000.

If you would like to have the Lancer Ralliart or Evo latest steering wheel style w/leather you will need to shoulder about $550-$600 to the dealer.
    Today MMNA has officially disclosed its web page showing the 2010 Outlander and the Shopping Tools menu. However the informacion doesn’t means that the vehicle is available just now in the main Mitsubishi dealers in USA.

The 2010 Outlander GT doesn’t have a side roof rack rail although the accessories page suitable for this vehicle announces as accessories “Roof Rack Cross Aero Bar” at a price of $319. Without a side roof rack rail there is not a practical way to put on the roof rack cross aero bar. The price for a side roof rack rail is approximately $500 the pair.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Stopped by my local dealer tonight - they got in about 10 new Outlanders on Monday. Was getting dark so will head back tomorrow to check them out and take a test drive. I love that most of them have dark interiors, unlike RAV4s and CR-Vs...

BTW, in the San Antonio area......
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    For those who have been following, I bought a Rally Red Outlander GT on Saturday. It has the leather/navi package but not the rear entertainment. So if you have Outlander-specific questions, fire away and I'll do my best. Initial comments:

In the Outlander v. Forester thread there was a question about gas. Premium is recommended but not required. Confirmed on both the car & in the manual. I don't plan on using premium. I got it with a full tank so I can't say what the initial mileage is just yet. Judging by the instant MPG readout I think it'll do what I wanted - match my outgoing Galant V6 at around 24 around the Chicago suburbs.

The Bluetooth integration has been quite nice. It imported my phone's contact list (which is itself a unification of my personal, Facebook, and corporate contacts). Once done I was able to use Fuse (voice control) to call my wife. Call clarity was very clear and she later reported very little background noise on her end. There are multiple mic pickups in the roof so both front passengers are covered for hands free calling. My phone also streams Pandora internet radio and I was able to send that to the audio system via BT as well. Very nice and dead simple to set up.

I've been playing a few CDs & letting it auto-rip them to the internal HD. I didn't time it but it takes probably about 12-15 minutes to rip a disk (the rip status is on-screen). Under the climate control (at the base of the center stack) is a cubby big enough for literally over a dozen CD cases. Even more fit in the center console. So I put the stack to rip in the stack & move them to the console when done. The Gracenotes database and/or on-disc info has correctly identified everything I've put in it so far, including a few Japanese import CDs.

The touchscreen is responsive. But there needs to be a faster way to tune to FM stations that aren't assigned to buttons. I haven't tried the satellite radio yet nor have I tried playing anything from a USB connection (thumb drive, MP3 player, etc.)

The rear backup camera will definitely come in handy. I need to adjust my habits to looking at it instead of out the rear window (and, of course, in addition to the side windows & mirrors). It has lines showing where you're going and a cross-line that reflects about 18" from the car; enough room to fully open the hatch and a good indicator of scale. Cross-hatch indicators every couple of feet would probably make a nice addition.

The whole audio/multimedia system is so feature-rich there's a separate 11 chapter manual just for it. That's on top of the regular manual which is itself over an inch thick.

Fast key is definitely convenient but takes getting used to. For over 25 years I've had to pull out a key or a fob; it's an ingrained behavior I can now un-learn.

The navi is fine so far but, and I'm not 100% sure on this yet as I haven't spent enough time with it, seems to have a separate address book than the phone portion. Minor gripe: The position icon is an arrow pointing to where the car is on the map. But the arrow doesn't follow the car's direction; it's just pointing from the right side of your location instead of pointing along the route you're taking.

The LCD display between the speedometer & tach displays various info. So far I've mostly left it showing the gas & temp. That display includes distance-to-empty (accuracy of 10 miles) and has a meter showing instantaneous economy. The distance-to-empty adjusts based on how you're driving so it reflects real-world v. an estimate that a full tank = x miles.. Again I've just not had enough drive time to determine if that display or another will suit me better. I don't plan on constantly rotating through them.

Regular driving is effortless. The wheel and controls just fall right where you expect them to be. The suspension on the GT is tighter but not to the point of being rough. Call it composed. Conditions being what they are, I did try it in Snow mode yesterday and had absolutely no issues driving to work. Granted, it wasn't a bad snowfall but the minor roads were not plowed & were noticeably slick..

Seat comfort is good. The heated seats are fast on high and subtle but noticeable on low. With the front seat all the way back and with me sitting int he second row I've at least 2 inches of leg room between my knees & the back of the first row. As the second row also reclines I anticipate no complaints on those occasions when we haul more people. The third row will probably stay folded flat pretty much forever; I'd have not ordered it myself but it came standard.

I haven't had the opportunity to use the rain-sensing wipers yet. I did play with the manually adjustable headlights - you can raise or lower (lengthen or shorten their throw) with a dash knob. I'm keeping it relatively short so they don't blind the drivers in front of me.

Gripes? No Homelink. No sunglasses holder. They eliminated the 110V outlet. That's about it so far.

Other comments: I won't disclose purchase price but I did get a good finance rate. I put down enough that I did not need to consider gap insurance. WRT auto insurance it will cost about $70 more every 6 months than full coverage on my outgoing Galant (I had it on liability but remember the full coverage cost). I kept the Galant and will private-party sell it as the dealer low-balled the trade offer and wasn't too interested in raising it.

What else? I'm a mild driver so far. The manual does state a 300 mile break-in period so I won't thrash it (much) for a couple more weeks. The oil change interval is 7500 miles according to the OBC.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Congrats on the new ride!

I won't disclose purchase price

Can you at least give us a hint. Close to TMV or ?
    OK, here's some detail: I got within +/- $300 of TMV. After that:
    -$500 owner loyalty rebate
    +$144 license & title fee
    +$151 doc fee
    + nearly $2400 in sales tax (I'm glad it's deductible this year)
    3.9% for 60 months financing.

I own my cars for a long time so I didn't have any problem with a 60 month contract & the rate is good. Mitsu does offer 0% for 36 months but that payment, while affordable, would have left me uncomfortable. Better to eat a few bucks in interest and have a better cushion should unexpected expenses or a change in job status occur.

I should be able to (hope I can) sell my '99 Galant LS V6 for $2500-$3200 private party to offset the cost even more. For the mileage (152K) it's in very good shape. Clean title, no accidents, and I have all of the service records. Which reminds me, I need to go through and redact the receipts to remove some PII. ;)
    Sweet - thanks!
    Congrats!

>> My phone also streams Pandora internet radio and I was able to send that to the audio system via BT as well. Very nice and dead simple to set up.

streaming audio is cool. what kind of phone do you have?
    >> OK, here's some detail: I got within +/- $300 of TMV

it worth every penny
    congratulations on your 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV purchase. And great choice of color, too. I have grown to love the Rally Red paint on my '08 Lancer GTS.

what kind of phone do you have?

Palm Pre.
    Thanks. The dealer had received just 2 GTs for their week's allocation; one "Labrador Black" and the Rally Red. We were test driving the Red one and came back to talk at the salesman's desk. While sitting the Black one sold. Never sat in it but my understanding was it didn't have the leather/navi package.

My old Galant is Barcelona Red a.k.a. burgundy so I guess I've a thing for red cars now.

WeatherTech is local to me, about 17 miles away, so I'm thinking of heading over there to buy their Digital Fit floor mats & cargo mat. Gotta protect my new baby.

It was interesting driving last night. There was heavy sleet making the roads quite slick. I haven't been out yet this morning but I'm guessing there's a nice layer of ice except where the plows have been through. After turning, which I don't do aggressively in inclement weather, I did some firm acceleration as a test of the AWD system's ability to have drive traction. It went straight ahead with authority, no sliding to the side, minimal wheel spin. I was only limited by traffic around me (which I had to slow for) and my own nervousness (I tend to be overcautious when the roads get slick).

The rain sensing wipers worked. I could watch the frequency of the swipes change as the sleet sped up or slowed down. You can tweak the aggressiveness of the wipers in rain sense mode. As it replaces the normal intermittent mode the dial you use to adjust intermittent speed now adjusts the auto/rain sense mode.

I'm already used to the climate control. I've got it at about 71 degrees and am using Auto for both fan & vent control. Auto vent control is running the AC to dehumidify the windshield but then I'd be doing that as well if I was manually setting it. Set and forget.
    I will collect my GT (Rally Red) on December 14th. It is bad news to know that the 110V outlet has been eliminated in the GT. This was very handy when camping and preparing orange juice for breakfast in the middle of nowhere or charging cameras and laptops without the need to buy cigarette adaptors.

For those owners with inclination for camping (off road) with family the third seat is usable for children 4-12 years. Equally, the lack of side rail roof rack prevents to install a rack kit crossbar and a roof box for loading camping gear. Making some enquires I was told by the dealer that the side rail that comes with the 2010 Outlander XLS cannot be set up on the roof of a GT which is a big disappointment indeed. I was prepared to order the side rail roof rack (right/left) from a XLS and have it installed on the roof of a GT. I wonder if some members can throw some light on this problem. The dealer told me that only a custom aftermarket kit can be adjusted onto the floor of the GT at a price of $700. Does anyone have any more information on this?

The dealer has agreed with me that he will charge me the vehicle invoice price and promised to show me the original invoice. I expect that the invoice will indicate $31,200 (that includes $740 destination charges + navigation + leather + protective package) - $500 (loyalty bonus) = $30,700.

A very close approximation out the door price could be $30,700 + $3,000 = $33,700.
    It is bad news to know that the 110V outlet

I was wondering what people were using them for. I was just thinking tailgate parties and TVs.

Racks can be a hassle too. Check out yakima.com and thule.com and sportrack.com for other options (none of them especially cheap). You may have to email them if they don't have fitment guides out yet for the 2010.
    I was also disappointed about the 110V plug being dropped. I could envision my wife watching a Blueray movie on her laptop while I drove. Still, most portable things (including laptops with the right adapter) are 12V DC capable nowadays or, as you noted, there are the adapters although I really don't like them as none seem to be made with any real quality.

The roof is only rated for 110 pounds on the non-GT models so I'm not sure how much utility is there even if you had the rack. Were I you I'd probably just buy a small trailer unless the trails you hit are too rough. We are getting ours set up for towing (wiring + hitch) as a just-in-case.

Did you have the multi-communication system in your old Mitsu? It's new to me and I'm spending a lot of time getting familiar with it. I found my first CD that wasn't in the on-board GraceNote database (although it was in the online GN database). Not a big deal as it was a small run CD from a few years back. I manually entered the album & track info; that's kinda laborious especially since the on-screen keyboard is ABCDE instead of QWERTY.

Enjoy your new ride! I know I am.
    My dealer is on facebook and just sent this link out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvHODKQNsyk
    What's the circular knob with the reddish ring on it on the console near the cupholders and hand brake about 18 seconds in?
    That's the S-AWC/AWD mode selector - Tarmac, Snow, Lock. I've been using Snow a bit the past couple of days. The red is just the backlight; I think it's overdone in the video.
    For a better picture, go here, click on Performance (towards the bottom), then hover your mouse over the Super All-Wheel Control label by the rear tire. Although even there the red seems a little over-emphasized.
    With the red, I was going to guess heated seats control, but I figured I'd be wrong. :shades:

Thanks.
    The MMCS (Navigation) of the 2008 needed time to get used to. My wife was the expert. She read thoroughly the manual and she usually manipulated it. I reckon that the 2010 will be very similar.

I will appreciate it if you could write down all the printer material that you have received with your 2010 GT (e.g. owner’s manual, warranty, etc) to compare with those I will receive next week.
    Is there need with the 2010 Outlander to buy special mud flaps (instead of the mud guards that come with the protection package) to protect the paint from the myriad of small stones thrown for the front tires under the front door paint? Is this part of the car already protected with transparent 3M plastic from factory? This paint sandy problem was a huge problem for previous owners of a Mitsubishi Outlander.
    Those are between the seats & the center console. :) Being of moderate "American Girth" it's easier to see the other seat's heater switch than my own. The switch is lit if on. Green for low, orange for high IIRC.

And dang, I got used to having the heated seats fast. My Galant didn't have them so the seat would be a chiller. On the Outie, within a couple of minutes there's a nice warmth covering my thighs and lower back. Very nice on days like today (it was 2 above this morning).
    MMCS comes with an 11 chapter manual. The manual for the rest of the Outie is over an inch thick. The other stuff was the tire warranty docs, a warranty/maintenance manual, and a feature guide pamphlet.
    I read about the mud flap issue. I don't generally drive much on overly muddy or gravel roads so it may not matter to me. I don't think area was significantly redesigned, though, so extended flaps might be necessary for some. I'll take a wait-and-see stance for now.
    Does your GT have that rubber (inserts) line on the car’s roof that runs parallel on both sides? The side rail roof rack on the XLS has these rubber lines and it is there where the side rails are fitted. Reading the Maintenance CD (Removal and Installation of the Side Rail Roof) in the Outlander the rubber gives way (equidistant little spaces) where bolts can be screwed and therefore the side rail roof can be fit on it.
    The rubber trim piece is there as it is on a lot of cars nowadays. I'll have to look for bolt holes. I have a hard time believing Mitsu would engineer a different roof panel just for the GT, but perhaps they have other reasons for disallowing a roof rack.
    Very nice on days like today (it was 2 above this morning).

That's about what it was here and I had mine on this morning when running errands. I wish my office chair had 'em. :-)
    All the Australian 2010 Outlander comes with side rails roof rack + the sportier steering wheel (EVO Evolution). The Mazda CX-90 which is similar to the GT, with exception of the engine power and better third row of seats, it offers as an option “side rail roof rack” for the top of the range. Perhaps the Australian dollar is much better than our dollar or MMNA is taking us for a ride.
    Perhaps it was a styling cue Mitsu wanted to use to differentiate the GT from less expensive trims. Cheaper to delete something than add an effects kit or moldings.

Maybe the Aussies are more demanding about on-roof storage.

I like the steering wheel as it is. Nicely leather-wrapped; it's a good size and comfortable to grip.

Given our economy, it could well be that the Aussie dollar is doing better than ours. :sick:
    What's on your list today?

"Now through February 1st, 2010, members of Sam's Club are eligible for 0% financing, for up to 60 months, on the 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Lancer and Outlander and the 2010 Endeavor and Galant. This offer is in lieu of any cash offer that may be available.

There are also special lease rates on the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander."

Deal of the Week: Mitsubishi and Sam's Club 0% Financing Offer (Edmunds Daily)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If I wanted a Mitz product, I would look for an ex rental or one a couple of years old.

People don't seem to know what they are, at least around here and as used cars, they can be a lot of car for the money because of steep depreciation.
    You should be able to order roof rack from a dealer. The Mitsu USA site does not list all accessories which could be ordered. When I bought my Outlander 3 year ago, my dealer said that backup camera, parking sensors, OEM wood trim,byke rack are available to order, though at that time these were not listed on site.

This is sample a Japanese catalog, but dealer should have less colorful one in English. This one should give us the idea. There is a picture of roof rack wich do not require roof rails. This is old 2009 catalog.

http://s215240594.onlinehome.us/OUTLANDER_accessories.pdf
    I have seen the Japanese catalogue and indeed I examined the cross roof rack for the Outlander without the two side rail roof rack. What worry me is that the 2010 Outlander GT may not have holes on the rubber lines where usually the side rail roof rack seat in the XLS. If there is not holes beneath of the rubber lines on the roof the 4-small towers of the Japanese accessory cannot be bolted and then the whole approach will fail.

This reasoning is also valid if two side rail roof racks are ordered from a dealer. The left and the right side rail roof rack installation will require at least 12 bolts, according to a quotation of a dealer. If the 2010 Outlander GT doesn’t have the holes beneath the rubber lines then the whole process fail.

Yakima and Thule provide equipment for two types of naked roof. One is called “raingutters” (where clamps grab raingutters) and the other is called “Q towers” (where clips clip into the door frame and the tower rest on the roof). These two approaches don’t use bolts and don’t need holes on the roof.
This discussion has been closed.