Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Kia Sorento

Comments

• lmurr39lmurr39 Member Posts: 1
    I'm kind of looking for some advice. JUST bought a Kia Sorento, was DRIVING it home, and my husband noted that the left rear light was out. Turns out when we stopped, the front left light was out as well. He took it back to the dealership, but we need to bring it tomorrow to the service dept. Now I'm reading stuff about electrical problems being a bane to the Sorento. Any advice what to do??? They have a 3 day substitution guarantee where I can get a comparable vehicle, should I put my foot down and try that? I don't want a vehicle with an electrical system that goes out without even 50 miles on the engine! Thanks in advance for any advice!
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    if you were drving the vehicle home from the dealer and both the front and rear lights were burnt out....then the dealer didnt do a proper preparation of the vehicle prior to delivery....the electrical issues were bad in the early MY sorentos....I havent seen much on the boards about the issues in the '09 MY to current....

if you are uncomfortable about the issue....would suggest going with their 3 day exchange.....or simply see what the service department tells you about the bulbs....I would also complain to your salesman as well for not properly preparing the vehicle for delivery...
  • leapfrogleapfrog Member Posts: 4
    Just took in our 2011 Sorento for its first oil change and the Service Dept. mentioned there is a KIA recall on the vehicle to replace all the bulbs...
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    I'm considering a new 2011 Sorento EX V6 FWD with the Premium Pkg 2. Apparently the Titanium Silver FWD V6 is difficult to find. Every dealership in Columbus, Ohio doesn't have one. The dealership I'm working with will have to go outside the area to get it. I know they just got that color in this past weekend, but with AWD which adds $2000 to the MSRP and displayed it on the showroom floor. I saw it Saturday for the first time and thought it was gorgeous with the Black Leather ( only interior color choice). Monday early afternoon I went over to take my 3rd test drive of a V6 and noticed the Titanium wasn't anywhere to be found. When I inquired about it they said it was being prep'd for pickup at 5. They told me it is a very hot color. I got a deal worked out with them, $1000 under invoice then a $2000 rebate and they would have to find it for me. The icing on the cake is the great deal I now will get on my 2004 Mercury Mountaineer AWD V8 which only has 51,000 miles on it and is in fantastic condition according to a chevy dealer. The Chevy dealer is the reason they gave me such a deal. Kia was going to give me $500 less and I have been looking at Equinox as well. The Chevy Salesman called me this morning and asked me to bring my Mountaineer over if I had time. He knows that I have been looking at several brands, so I think he felt he needed to do something to not lose me since 2010 Equinox LT2's are hard to find. I called Kia and told them what Chevy offered and the Sales Manager's reaction was "whoa". He said he would match it, but wants me to make a decision by the end of this week or he will pull the offer. I'm having a difficult time deciding. The biggest problem is that as of this week no more 2010 Equinox will be produced. Starting the week after next only orders for the 2011 will be taken. Here is the problem. I can get a pretty good price since I can get the GM Supplier Discount through my Company. I can be one of the first ones on the list to order a 2011, but would be October or November before I see it. He said that Unfortunetly the Mountaineer will lose some value between now and then. Possibly would lose a lot of value due to the fact that Ford Motor Co. is phasing Mercury out by the end of the year. He said he will do everything he possibly can to get a hold of a 2010. I'm very concerned that if I don't go with the Kia and take a chance waiting for the Chevy I'm going to lose out on the trade I would get now. Also, was watching CNBC and they were saying they expect interest rates to start going up. Right now I can get an APR of 3.09% for a 36 month loan if I have the payment auto debited from my account. I'm not too sure about the Kia brand. I know they are a sister company of Hyundai which I have total confidence in, but I still worry especially since the 2011 Kia is almost a brand new vehicle or am I wrong? Would appreciate any thoughts or advice.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
    if KIA will match you offer for the trade in that the other dealer is willing to give you..whats the decision...you sound pretty set on the Sorie..if they can get your color....the 11 Sorie is a update version....the Sorento has been in the KIA lineup since 03....I have one of the first...and the newer one has some great improvements...particularily in the engine and MPG wise...not to mention further refinements of the interior......

bottomline...what is the price difference between the Chevy and Kia, you never said? And does the trade in make or break the deal ultimately?...is it the only vehicle you have now or can you go ahead and trade it in to the chevy dealer, sign the sales docs...and let him find you the 2010...
    They are very close in price. I have it written down at home. The Kia will be less OTD due to the deal and the rebates. Both have about the same options: Heated Leather, rearview camera, etc. The difference is the Kia has a Panoramic roof and Equinox has just a sunroof. The Chevy has a power liftgate and Kia doesn't. Chevy has about 2 inches more legroom than the Kia and it has driver seat memory and two level heated seats which the Kia does not. Also, another thing that bothers me about the Kia is that the steering wheel mounted controls, door lock and window buttons are not backlit. Using in the dark could be a problem. Both my Fusion and Mountaineer's buttons are backlit. The two level heat is a very nice feature. My Fusion has the feature and I can get the seats hot on a cold winter day and then put it on low just too kind of stay cozy. The trade would be a make or break to me. Just two years ago we were looking around and at that time we were only offered $800 more than we will get now. It would not have made sense to take the offer because it would have been $25,000 less than we paid for a 4 year old car. Two years ago of course the cost of a gallon of gas was close to $4 which really hurt the value of a vehicle with AWD V8 and getting 11 to 12 mpg. Now prices are hovering around $2.50 here and I was told by a dealer that many people still want a vehicle that can tow 6500 lbs. Now Dealerships are having to pay above book value at auction for trucks with V8 engines and that are 4 wheel drive. We have two cars obviously and I have thought of that, but my wife works and with two grandchildren she runs around a lot. I know she wouldn't accept no car. My job requires that I have a car. If I could get the Equinox in the next 3 weeks and still get the same deal on trade, I would prefer it over the Sorento. Thanks for your advice!
    Had a couple of new developments today. Chevy Dealership about 40 miles away from me called to talk to me about the Equinox Said they would be getting in the exact Package (LT2) and color (Mocha Steel exterior w/Black trim/brownstone leather seats) we wanted in the next two weeks. Told him that I'm not sure I can live with a 4 cylinder engine. Salesman offered to drive up an LTZ with a 4 and let me drive it. I had driven one a few weeks ago which gets great gas mileage, 22 and 32, but was not impressed. It's one of the reasons I have been attracted to the Sorento and the fact that their V6 gets 20/26. I said sure and he drove 40 miles to my house. He looked over my mountaineer and took pictures. I told him while we were driving what I was offered on a trade and while we were driving the salesman that I had been dealing with called me and told me that if I was interested I could order a 2011 exactly the way I want it and even though it would take about 3 months they would still give me the same amount for my trade when it came in. Did find that the 4 cylinder wasn't bad at all. Maybe something I could live with. The Chevy 6 is terrible at 17/25 Mpg. About 45 minutes after he left my house he called and said that he talked to the appraiser and said they would match the offer on the trade. Said the appraiser would still like to see it, but based on their conversation the appraiser was almost certain he could match it. Tomorrow or Friday I'm going back to take a good look over of the Sorento. Now I have three different choices that is making it very difficult to decide. I really do like the Sorento and it feels like a larger vehicle and that you sit up higher which I like. The third row seat can always come in handy just as on occasion it was nice having in our Mountaineer. You can't beat a 275 HP engine that gets 20/26 Mpg. The Equinox are great too with the exception of the 4 cylinder which really is suprisingly okay. I did try the 4 in the Sorento because the salesman had accidently got me one to test drive. Very noisy when accelerating. I knew it wasn't the 6 almost immediately so I turned around after just a 3 miles and got the 6. The Sorento's 4 cylinder was very peppy though. Like I stated in my earlier message I would save about $1000 for a vehicle that is about $1000 more by buying the Sorento.
  • connecticut1connecticut1 Member Posts: 2
    Kia has admitted to a defective right front strut assembly but has no fix as of this date. So you and everyone else who has this model (me too) is stuck with this problem.
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    #114 of 114
    Re: Noisy strut assembly [fabny] by connecticut1
    Jun 11, 2010 (1:52 pm)

Replying to: fabny (May 04, 2010 7:28 pm)
    Kia has admitted to a defective right front strut assembly but has no fix as of this date. So you and everyone else who has this model (me too) is stuck with this problem.

Any clarification or correction for the above defective front strut from Kia Representative Manufacturer.
  • rick174rick174 Member Posts: 3
    I have the 2011 Sorento EX/FWD/4cyl.... So far no problems with the lights or r/f suspension area...I get 25 mpg by calculating my mpg myself....I do have a problem which I will discuss with the dealers service manager...The transmission "dies" at a very low speed...always under 10mph and when I press on the accelerator I get no response from the transmission...By way of example, the NO RESPONSE PERIOD occurs when the vehicle has slowed to the 5/10mph range and the accelerator pedal is pressed to increase speed ... there is no response..it has occurred many times in the 2k I have put on vehicle....it could be a throttle problem but I am inclined to believe it is transmission related.....
  • skruppaskruppa Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone know what kind of speakers do the new 2011 have?? I need to replace them they are horrible! None can give me a straight answer. Thanks
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Try just tapping the accelerator pedal slightly one time...that sometimes will "release" whatever that kind of holdback or whatever it is. It works on many different vehicles.
    van
    Is that 25mpg city driving? I am concerned that the 20mpg rating the V6 has actually won't pan out if I buy the Sorento. One of the main reasons I'm considering selling my Mountaineer V8 is that my wife gets about 11 to 12 Mpg in town. To make it worthwhile to me we really need to get the 20 mpg which would save us around $4000 over five years if gas is only $2.75/gallon. Of course, I understand it is driving habits that can effect the actual Mpg.
  • robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346
    I am starting to look for a new sport utility vehicle and the Sorento, along with the Equinox and Pilot are on my list. They appear to be pretty close to the same size, although Chevy seems to think that the Equinox competes with the CR-V. I basically want a basic V6. Now I priced them on another car buying site and the prices were all within 750-1000 of each for comparably equipped car, with the Honda being the most expensive. With Honda's longer record of reliability and better resale value, why would anyone buy the Sorento or the Equinox.

Now I realize that there may be a bigger price difference when you purchase a fully loaded car.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Because Pilot's MPG sucks. It is a bigger vehicle but then that is only good if you need that big of vehicle.
    Pilot is not in the same vehicle classification as the Sorento & Equinox. The Pilot is a mid size SUV and doesn't get the MPG that a Sorento gets with it's 276 HP V6. The Sorento gets 20 city and 26 Highway. I was going back and forth between the Sorento and the Equinox and ended up buying a Titanium Silver/Black Leather interior Sorento EX FWD V6 last night. Got the premium 2 package which is Leather, Panoramic Roof, Back up Camera and sensors, and Auto Dimming Mirror. That is along with everything else that comes on the already loaded EX V6. MSRP was $31,100 before all taxes and fees.The out the door with taxes, fees, etc. was $28,673. On top of that they matched what Car Max, which always offers way more than what dealers offer on a trade, offered to buy my 2004 Mountaineer. Unbelievable deal. I was offered $1500 less at three other Dealerships (2 Chevy and another Kia for my trade than Car Max. The 2012 Santa Fe is going to begin being built at the same plant as the Sorento. Right now they already share the same engine and drive train. Hyundai is a very reliable vehicle so I had come to the decision the Sorento was a much better value than all the others in the class. It had by far the most usable interior space. The problem with the Rav4, Equinox, Crv etc. was that you could not sit 3 adults in the second row of seats comfortably. Way too tight. I'm convinced I bought the best of all of them though I spent weeks agonizing over which would be the best and whether the Kia was a brand that was on par with the rest. My latest issue of Consumer Reports had the Kia ranked #3 among the small Suv/Crossover class which included about 20 or so vehicles.
    Pilot is not in the same vehicle classification as the Sorento & Equinox

If the Pilot is Midsize and the Sportage is compact what is the Sorento? I always thougth it was a midsize and the Pilot is midsize, pushing fullsize. The Equinox is, I guess, still a compact but is now pushing midsize. But I would say the Sorento and Santa Fe are both considered midsize and the Sportage and Tucson are in the compact category.
    Have you been in a Sorento or Santa Fe? I have placed the Mountaineer I just traded in right next to them and they are definitely smaller in appearance and dimensions. The Santa Fe is currently smaller than the Sorento. The CRV, Rav4, Forester, Equinox are smaller than the Sorento, but not by the extent that the Sorento is smaller than the Explorer, Highlander, Pilot, etc. I believe the Sorento, Equinox, RAv4, CRV, Forester, etc. are considered Small by Consumer Reports. Not sure what they called them because I don't have my CR in front of me. They are for sure classified the same just not sure what they labeled them. The Pilot is definitly not a large SUV. It is classified as a mid size along with the likes of the Explorer, Trailblazer, Highlander. Large SUVs are the Expedition, Tahoe, etc. The Pilot is way smaller than those vehicles.
    edited June 2010
    Just took a look at my online subscription of Consumer Reports. All of those, including the Sportage and Tuscon, are classified as Small. The Pilot, Explorer, etc. are Mid Sized and the Tahoe, Expedition, etc. as Large. In my latest magazine issue of CR they have the Small classified as Small/Mid Sized in which the same vehicles that were classified as small are now classified. I believe it is because vehicles such as the Sorento are between a small and mid sized. I do know that my new Sorento is about 6 inches shorter lengthwise, about 3 inches narrower, and about 4 inches shorter height wise than the Mountaineer I traded for it. Plus the Sorento gets 20/26 mpg with a 276 HP engine. The Pilot is much larger but gets less MPG. The thing that attracted us to the Sorento was the fact that, while we wanted much better gas mileage, we still wanted something that was versatile and gave us a birds eyed view of the road.
    Yeah, I think the Sorento is pretty much the right size and with the V6 offers a very nice power and MPG argument. The sizes are getting so close sometimes that it is almost in the eye of the beholder as to which class they are in. In midsize cars you now have the Suzuki Kizashi which is way smaller than just about all the rest of the midsize group but is still considered midsize. It's kind of like the Pilot and the Borrego. Some people go by EPA interior volume, some go by CR, so what the companies themselves market them as. Like I said, it gets confusing but in the end it really doesn't matter much what class a vehicle is in as long as it's the right size for the buyer!
    edited June 2010
    in the end it really doesn't matter much what class a vehicle is in as long as it's the right size for the buyer!
    That is exactly what counts in the end. I hope that the choice my wife and I made in buying the Sorento will feel like the right choice 5 years from now. We really loved our Mountaineer and struggled with our decision to trade it in. We where concerned with some of the forums that I have read where people have had the transmissions on the Mountaineers and Explorers go bad at about 60,000 to 70,000 miles and especially concerned where gas prices might go in the next few years. Anyway good luck with your car shopping.
  • robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346
    I guess I don't get the size classifications. My belief is that the Pilot is the bench mark for midsize SUVs. CR-V for small SUVs. I think the Sorento is closer in size to the P{ilot than it is the CR-V and therefore should be compared to the Pilot. The Sorento is pretty close in size to the Pilot. About 3 inches in lenght and 6 in width. Same for the Equinox. GM always seems to compare their larger cars to smaller competitors. Another example is the CTS which GM compares to the 3 series even though it is closer in size to the 5 series.
    I can't see how you would consider the Sorento in the same classification as the Pilot. The Pilot weighs 600lbs more, is 7 inches longer, 4 inches wider, and 5 inches taller. It is much larger than the Equinox in all respects except that It is only 4 inches longer. Whether you view them in the same class of vehicles is irrelevent. They aren't. The Pilot is in the same class as the Explorer, Envoy, Trailblazer, Highlander, etc. If you want to believe otherwise, then that' your choice. But everyone else in the world including CR and Edmunds places them in different classifications. On top of all that the Pilot gets a lousy EPA rating of 17/23 vs. the Sorento's 20/26. If you need the room of the Pilot, get the Pilot. But don't believe that a Sorento or the equinox is the same size as a Pilot.
    I was just thinking that maybe you are looking at a 2009 Sorento which was more of a Mid Sized SUV. The 2011 is a crossover and much smaller. I know because I own one. I bought as a down size of another Mid Size SUV, the Mountaineer. Now I would agree that the Pilot is more Mini Van than SUV. That's why in 2004 we didn't buy the Pilot because after owning Mini Vans from 1986 to 2004, we were sick of Mini Vans. After 3 test drives trying to convince ourselves that the Pilot would work we just couldn't get by the utter blandness of it. Like I said, if you need a larger vehicle because of kids, get the Pilot. A better choice would be a Mini Van because they wouldn't get the crappy MPG the Pilot gets. If you want the feel of sitting up higher, but don't need a ton of room then get the Sorento. We bought the Sorento because we only have one Kid left at home and he will be going away to college next year. If I had two or three, I would think the CRV, Equinox, Rav 4, forester, Sorento, etc. would be too small.
  • archangel5500archangel5500 Member Posts: 5
    Skruppa, the issue isn't your speakers.. I have the very same issue with mine. I just bought a 2011 KIA Sorento EX about 3 months ago. It's loaded and nice, however I had a problem with the electrical system and all the lights on the right side of my car went out, they fixed them and now I've been complaining about the speakers since I drove it off the lot. Anytime you turn up the radio past 15 you hear reall bad distortion coming from the speakers. I've taken my Sorento back 5 times & they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Someone from Corporate finally said that there is a wire somewhere on the car that is making contact with metal & they're trying to find a fix for it as we speak.
    I actually had the exact same problem with MY Sorento only it was the entire right side that the bulbs went out on. It wasn't the bulbs though. It is a copacitor that was bad. They told me they couldn't get the parts because it is a 2011 so I bacically told them that's unacceptable. I bought the car brand new if they don't have parts to fix issues with the vehicle, then they have NO business selling it. So I told them they're either going to need to canabalize one of the other Sorentos on their lot or exchange my Sorento for a different one. I'm still fighting with them on issues with the sound system on my car.. it sounds TERRIBLE & not because it's cheap, but because there's a wire somewhere in the car making contact with metal. These cars do have some issues which is expected especially being that they released these cars far earlier than scheduled.. BUT remember people, they have NO RIGHT to tell you "We have no fix for it, sorry". They HAVE to find a fix within a reasonable amount of time if they try to argue that the car was sold "As is" fine.. but the car also has a bumper to bumper warrantee for 3 years.. so either way, they're screwed & need to fix these issues.
    I'm actually looking to buy the upgraded infinity sound system.. I just have the stock.. soooo.. if you buy it with the upgraded sound system and want to get rid of it.. let me know.. lol Good luck to you..
  • rjsjsnrjsjsn Member Posts: 1
    picked up ex/v6 with premium package for 28000. Love the car so far although have to take it back after 1 week for sunroof issues.
  • auyomanauyoman Member Posts: 5
    hi, i have 1100 miles on my 2011 sorento. Four times i have had the "NO RESPONSE" problem that rick174 describes on june 12. usually after a corner i push on the gas and nothing happens. if you lift off the gas pedal and get back on it, it starts to pull normally. this can be a safety problem if someone runs into the back of you because you are slowing down. HOST!!! has kia been told of this problem? i hope there is a recall on this soon.
    i'm a toyota guy but the toyota highlander could not match this sorento in 6 speed, warrenty, power, price, and gas mileage. on a slightly down hill trip from temecula to anaheim calif at 70 and 75 the read out was 27.4 mpg. around town is still 17 mpg. break in time? sam
    hosts steve and tidester, I have read and posted on tundra solutions for years. i have learned many things that could be problems with my tundra. i know truck people are perhaps more creative to do things to their vechile but if we could get more people posting we would all benifit. i personally like to see the exhaust tips, so i cut off the down turns, cut thru the plastic, and welded on stainless steel tips that bearly show past the bumper. how can you get more people on our site?
    someone had a great idea to seperate pre 2011 into generation 1 and posts on 2011 and newer as generation 2. i don't need to read all those posts on older Kia's. do you host for free? thanks, Sam
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2010
    Hey Sam, keep posting and that'll generate more talk.

(oh, can't guarantee it, but I suspect that Kia has someone summarizing posts here for the home office).
    If you notice the title of the this discussion "2011 Sorento" you should know that this is only supposed to be talk about the generation 2, or 2011 Sorento. So, it is already seperated. What more would you want? Some people will post in here about older Sorentos a little bit but it's not a burden. At least it hasn't been. It think you'll find that customization to these types of family vehicles is a lot less than you would see with pickups.
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    have had my ex v6 since march 8th. so far with 7400 miles its been perfect.its even one of the first built in georgia (number 1793) just got back from a 3800 mile trip thru dakotas, wyoming, montana idaho and washington. even had someone in the third row seat for about half an hour and they seemed somewhat comfortable. at least so far couldnt be happier with it. traded in an 08 saturn outlook for it.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited July 2010
    anyone trading in any Saturn for a Kia has already made a humungously good decision. Enjoy your '11 Kia Sorento. Kia is certainly in to exceeding customer expectations lately. Then again, I loved my '99 Kia Sephia, even! Take a look at my Edmunds nickname.

So I caught on to the goodness of Kia way back in the spring of 1999. Enjoy!

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

thanks i hope to continue to enjoy the sorento. i see kia as a great saturn replacement now that they are gone. i still have a great 07 aura xr v6. saturn was very in to customer service and i hear kia doing the same. saturn went upscale at the end but gave up on the lower price customer. the last year the lowest price saturn started at 24,300 dollars. kia going upscale but not giving up on lower priced cars. kia plans to pass honda and toyota by 2015. dont know if they will but its a great goal.
    anyone else think its strange that the average mpg on the dash resets on its own after gas fill ups? cant figure out why they made it that way.
    Yes I think it's very odd.
    anyone else with smart key know if there is a way to turn it off? example if you go on a trip and want to bring an extra key inside the car or go swimming and want to hide the key somewhere in the car so it doesnt get wet. anywhere inside the car the car will start by hitting start button. that makes it tough to leave a key in the car somewhere.
    Just for your information. When it is on the air conditioner compressor takes power from the engine and lowers gas mileage. some say 1/4 to 1/2 mpg. when the air is on the electric fan behind the radiator comes on part of the time to pull outside air thru the ac condensor. this makes the alternator work a little harder. i wanted to know when the radiator fan and compressor are on so i installed leds (light emitting diods which use very little power. i find out that the compressor and the fans cycle on and off after the inside is cooled down and you are moving along. To get just outside air, push the off button then speed up the fan.
  • sorrento11sorrento11 Member Posts: 2
    So i own a 2011 Sorento 4cyl. AWD and let me say I love the car but, would hope that it wouldn't have all the problems. Im getting some really bad MPG an avg of 13.5 in city highway maybe 15mpg. I called the dealer and they say its the gas. Then 1mth later they had to replace all my bulbs since none worked they said that they had a recall on them.... NEVER got a notification. Took it back so they can replace the A/C compressor and now i got no cool air. Called them back they said to wait for the freon to work thru been a week already and just cools a small amount.

Can i take it to another dealership to get serviced cause there no help where i take it to.
    yes...absolutely you can use another dealer....
    Does it bother anyone out there that bought a new 2011 Sorento EX w/Leather that the new 2011 Sportage w/Leather has not only heated leather, but also the drivers seat is cooled? I just about went nuts when I learned the sportage got this option. I will be reminded every time we get into our Black Leather interior and it's about 120 degrees inside our Sorento. It will be comforting to know that Kia thought that the vehicle that can cost upwards of $36,000 when fully loaded wasn't worth adding this option while that driver in the 2011 sportage will be in total seat cooling comfort at about $10K less. When it's 95 degrees as it has been many times this summer and I sit on the BLACK leather in my Sorento and arrive to my destination with my pants seat and my shirt soaking wet with sweat the knife will just twist a little more in my back. Of course, now Kia will probably add it to the 2012 sold in probably early 2011 Sorentos.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Not sure if there is a huge different. I feel fine with my Sorento with tan leather. It does heat up my back a bit with the summer heat. But it doesn't bother much. I do put a seat cusion on my seat for more comfort. Still wondering that there is no power front passenger seat for the new Sportage and Sorento. Hope they will add that (and HID headlamps and power liftgate) on the next year model.
    edited August 2010
    Still wondering that there is no power front passenger seat for the new Sportage and Sorento.

Don't count on the power passenger seat. Not too many vehicles in this class have it. Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Ford Escape, and Chevy Equinox all have manual adjustable passenger seats or at least they did in the 2010 model year. It seams like it would be a no brainer that the customer would be willing to spend a little more for that option. I had it in my Mountaineer I traded for the Sorento. It was one a several things that I had to give up when I moved down in size and price point to buy a vehicle in this class. The other major option I gave up and sorely miss is the memory driver seat. That is the one thing over the power passenger that I would love to have. My wife adjusts it the way she wants and when I had it in for service the service tech must have been 6' 4", but I have a terrible time re-adjusting it so that it's comfortable for me. Also, when I removed the key from the ignition of the Mountaineer the seat automatically went back 2 or 3 inches which made it easier to get into and out of.
  • ranger1500ranger1500 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased my 11 Sorento LX 4cylinder 6 days ag o and have already put over 1000 miles on it. I took a 600 mile road trip in it this weekend and averaged 25mpg. I really put this thing through the ringer and was impressed. The driving conditions varied from prolonged 80mph cruising to stop and go traffic and even some light off roading and the sorento took it all. I admit i was skeptical to buy a kia but couldn't pass up the bargin price, now i feel very confident in my purchase.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    Will there be a difference in trade in value on a 2011 Sorento purchased in 2010 vs.
    a 2011 Sorento purchased in 2011?
    I know that they skipped the 2010 model so that in 2011 the Sorento could be two
    years old.
    a 2011 sorento is a 2011 sorento no matter when it was built. that is a big advantage to a person who trades alot. bought mine in march 2010 and can drive it a year and a half and still have a current year car to trade.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    Yes but if you look at the vin # it will tell you if it was built in 2010 or 2011.
    I would rather buy the one that was built in 2011.
    So if I buy a 2011 this Jan. and trade in 2012 it will be 1 yr. old while yours will be 2 years old.
    Am I wrong to wait? .
    they will both be worth the same. they are all B vin codes, which means 2011 so unless you happen to know where the sequence numbers ended off at the end of the year , which they wouldnt, you wouldnt be able to tell by the vin.
  • bestmickeybestmickey Member Posts: 4
    Am considering purchase of a 2011 6 cyl Sorento. I live in the Northeast where we have snowy winters. Will a FWD be sufficient? I'd rather not have to spend the extra $$ for an AWD if I don't have to, since I'll be moving to FL in a few years and taking this vehicle w/me. My current vehicle (a car, not an SUV) works fine with just FWD, but I don't know how an SUV would do with just FWD. ???