Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Honda Pilot

2»

Comments

• poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    I have an 09 and don't have this issue. I don't think they changed anything on the camera system or tailgate year to year, so I'd think it's maybe misaligned.
  • pilotguy2pilotguy2 Member Posts: 14
    I noticed that you can't read the controls on these stalks at night - the words don't light up when the rest of the lights are on. Is this the way the stalks were designed, or is there a dimmer switch that I'm not finding? It doesn't seem to make sense that Honda would make us memorize the settings for lights / wipers rather than illuminating them.
  • zorkonzorkon Member Posts: 22
    I have a 2010 Pilot and the camera is not obstructed. Take it in.
    I have the 2010 Pilot with Nav and my rearview camera is not obstructed -- I agree with the previous poster -- take it to the dealer as this isn't "normal"
  • denver5357denver5357 Member Posts: 319
    Thanks. Well, this is interesting, as I went to the dealer last night, showed them my camera and they went and looked at another Pilot's camera on the lot. Both were obstructed. They said this was normal. Now, it is at the very bottom of the screen, and is just a little bit. It doesn't bother me. I just noted it was different than the Ody - but the Ody didn't have a handle.
  • jamie1983jamie1983 Member Posts: 20
    Is there a noticeable difference in noise between the EX and EX-L due to the different windshields?
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Hi,
    Did you install the Remote Starter? If yes, please let me know the brand and model.

Since this is a after market part, does this void the Honda Pilot's Electrical warranty?

Thanks.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    The Honda dealer is quoting $400 for the Honda roof rack (rails + cross bars).
    Installation charges extra.

Are there any good after market brands I should consider? Any feedback and installation experience would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Google Bernardi Honda Parts. Installation is very easy.
  • kc2azkc2az Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2010 Pilot and would like to install some back up lights.. I saw these...
    http://www.whitenight.com/products.htm but not sure they will fit a Pilot ..Also mounting some under the bumper wont work caus it is plastic, The hitch is an idea but not finding many.. Anyone have an idea??
  • pilotguy5pilotguy5 Member Posts: 1
    How do you sync all three zones so you don't have to set temperature independently?
    Are you sure the camera lens isn't just dirty? I live in CT and it snows a lot -- during and after storms I have to clean off the lens because the view gets obstructed by all the dirt and grime from the roads. I never have an issue with the handle obstructing the view -- when clean, the view is crystal clear.
  • semantic2semantic2 Member Posts: 28
    yeah google benardi for them. i got them their and installation is easy price is great....$127.50 + shipping.....they have some other things on sale as well. i picked up the trailer hitch harness -----(why doesn't it come installed since you have a hitch already ---- i don't know)..........
  • xtheviperxxtheviperx Member Posts: 2
    Anyone ever get an answer for this?

Thanks in advance,

David
  • xtheviperxxtheviperx Member Posts: 2
    I bought my Pilot last night.... you can't sync them...
    Pretty strange...

--David
    I'm not very good at math, but I do OK at logic! I have cleaned that lens until it could be used for police sting operations. There is still, at the bottom of the screen, the door handle. It is easy to define in full day light. I've looked at it more since my initial post and it is probably the bottom 5% of the picture vs. 10-15%. But that's clearly what it is. I'm living with it. :)
  • kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    does anyone know if the Garmin Portable Friction Mount with Gps will fit on the 2009/10 pilot dashboard? thank.
  • semantic2semantic2 Member Posts: 28
    yeah, i haven't had a problem with my old garmin c580 with garmin friction mount. works fine and it stays put.
    thank
  • wkwkwkwk Member Posts: 10
    We have a 2010 Honda Pilot and recently we hit a deer so we had to replace the front bumper. We just got it back today and noticed that there are 2 small (size of nickel) holes on either side of the fog lights, near the outer cornera of the front bumper. The guy said that they're for parallel parking sensors which I've never heard of.

I went to check the pictures I took of the damage before we took it in for it to get fixed and there weren't any holes on the original bumper. I searched for pictures on the internet and did infact saw some pictures showing two tiny circular covers near the fog lights, but some pictures don't have them. I'm confused.

I'm just worried that we got an aftermarket bumper. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks in advance!
  • wkwkwkwk Member Posts: 10
    thank you so much for those awesome pics! wish my pilot looks like that one haha! so i guess we ended up with a touring front bumper and a ex-l rear bumper without the sensors holes/covers. that's going to look stupid! ahhh....
  • touring4touring4 Member Posts: 2
    What is everyone using for leather and vinyl care. Also, what are you using to wash the car. I was planning on hand washing the car for a few years.
  • dmpatter3dmpatter3 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2010 Pilot EX-L with RES and was wondering if you can change the auto-lock settings, more specifically the auto-unlock settings? I noticed in the manual you can change the settings if you have the touring model. But, can you have the doors unlock when you put it in park, or open the drivers door with the EX-L?
    yes. hand washing is only way to go on the honda pilot..

I used automatic car wash on my 2010 honda pilot. I can see the paint start chipping from the hood... they are pretty small... So I stopped using automatic car wash..
  • zorkonzorkon Member Posts: 22
    Yes, the auto-lock settings can be changed on the EX-L. I set mine to unlock in park and lock at 12 mph. The instructions are in the manual. They're a little tricky to get through, but not too bad.
  • dmpatter3dmpatter3 Member Posts: 2
    I hate to be a pain, but I didn't see anything. Did you happen to note the page number? It is really bugging me that they do not unlock when put in park.
  • nacenace Member Posts: 45
    hi folks, consumer reports, shows that the pilot fuel economy is poor. also it states that "road noise is quite pronounced".
    pilot owners how accurate do you feel, are the above statements?
    im trying to do some due dillagence home work before i enter a honda dealership.
    your comments are appreciated.
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    I have a 10 Pilot EX-L, road noise i don't have a lot. It seems quiter than my 08Accord EX-L. Gas mileage i get 22mpg on interstate driving 75mph, intown about 16-17. I hear that is good for a Pilot. Everyone i talk to says to consider the size/weight of the vehicle & what it's dsigned for. I don't know what mpg other SUV's get. I'm happy with my Pilot, lots of room, comfortable to drive, has plenty of power.
    We bought a 2010 Touring in Dec.

It is quieter than I expected, and quieter than our old Odyssey. The mileage is fair to poor but for its size/weight, average.

Definitely drives smaller than it is.
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    Twice in 2 months my battery has gone bad in my Pilot. I can see once, the back window or door may not have been shut al the way causing the light to come on inside. But twice? The dealer told my wife they had problems with the key fob draining too much from the battery, huh? Now even if the interior lights stayed on i don't think it would run down a new battery. I had a 09 Tacoma & the map light stayed on all night but the truck started. I'm not buying either story, not on a new vehicle regardless of the model. I've done business with the same dealer since 1983 except for 2 Nissan so i don't think the dealer would blow smoke either, there is no reason for them to. They have always taken care of any issue we have had. The dealer installed a new battery today so we will see. I'd like other opinions from owners, dealers or techs. Thanks in advance.
    Tom
  • trm61trm61 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2011 4WD Honda Pilot EX-L RES. The dealer indicates that they can do the RES as a non factory option and save around $20/mo. It's not as neat, requires tuning to FM and front and back can't then have separate tuning. I also worry about resale down the road. Thoughts?

I would like to get current residual and money factor for both the EX-L and the EX-l RES for 15K. Thanks!
  • missingtxmissingtx Member Posts: 1
    I think it's stupid they don't light up as well! Did you ever get an answer, or figure it out?
  • krs2avrkrs2avr Member Posts: 6
    I need your comments here... lately, my Pilot middle row seats are so noisy, unless someone is sitting in them. If I drive on uneven road (which is the norm in NJ), the noise is really annoying!!! I have moved them back and forth, and "re locked" them, but it still happens. They vibrate and "knock" unless I am on smooth road. Anyone else have this???? Just looking for information before I call my dealer.

Thanks!
  • tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 102
    I just finished 1 year on my 2010 Honda Pilot EX. Everything has been great except for the abysmal mileage, and now I am thinking if I may have gotten a dud car, if thats possible. I primarily use it for in city driving with maybe a long trip once a month. So I have covered 12600 miles. Have been through 2 services(a1, and b1). My average mileage now is 12.5 mpg, which is way worse than what they advertise. I have asked the guys at the dealership and they dont have an explanation. I tried pretty much driving like a grandma making sure the tachometer never goes over 2, but no go!!!
    This one is always hard to answer without excruciating detail about where and how you drive. But I will say we have a 2010 Touring and I get about 14 mpg. ALL of my trips are short, 2-5 miles, with an occasional 25-mile run to the airport. One time I took it on an hour-long, highway trip and measured just that mileage and it was a little over 19. So the Pilot is *capable* of better mpg. It just has to have the right conditions. Meanwhile, around town is pretty poor. But for a car that big, with that design ... not a surprise. I still really like our Pilot. It has been a great minivan replacement with snow capability (we're in Colorado). We have been fortunate in that we drive so little that I only have to fill up every two weeks or so.
    Well an average day for me is this;

2 miles to work, 2 miles back home, 2 miles to school, 2 miles back home, 2 miles to work, 2 miles back home, 2 miles to school, 2 miles home, 2 miles to work, 2 miles to home = 20 miles per day
    My wife has a 2009 Touring and gets around 13.5 MPG doing entirely local driving through suburban areas that are moderately hilly and have lots of red lights.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    2 miles to work, 2 miles back home, 2 miles to school, 2 miles back home, 2 miles to work, 2 miles back home, 2 miles to school, 2 miles home, 2 miles to work, 2 miles to home = 20 miles per day

That is close to the ultimate in driving that will lead to poor MPG. Your vehicle probably doesn't even get to the optimum temperature for good MPG. IMHO, it's not going to get any better if you only drive like that.

My wife drives 2 miles to the train and 2 miles home most days in our Ody. If she gets 15 mpg, it's a good sign.
    Ah, the price of living close to everything :)
  • floramiflorami Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if I could get a little more information about the accidental remote start on your honda pilot. My wife has a 2010 honda pilot, I would like to add remote start to it. I hear that the honda after market kit is trash. Can you tell me more about the loose wire and how the remote start was activated.

Thanks !
    Mike
  • scottaburgerscottaburger Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I found it on Pg. 141 of my 2010 Pilot owner's manual.
  • cpm4cpm4 Member Posts: 2
    Do not buy the Pilot 2011 under any circumstances. I bought one in October and it has been nothing but trouble. It has been out of service for over 17 days. The car has a bad Torque converter. Remember the Acura MDX. Same with this car. Vibration at 1500 rpm at 35 MHP steady state driving. When the torqeu converter kicks in you get a bad vibration.

Been in twice: Dealer felt it and reported it. Honda Engineers say it is "as designed". I called Honda and spoke with the Legendary Customer service and they did the following things:

1. Acknowledged that there was a vibration
    2. Stated it was acting as designed
    3. Stated they did not know the cause (Getting the picture)
    4. Since they did not know what it is they would do nothing but it was as designed.
    5. Refused to provide in writing that it was acting as designed
    6. Refused to provide an extension of the transmission warranty
    7. Refused to allow any contact with anyone in design to certify that it was per design
    8. Acknowledged both that they had multiple other complaints with some cars
    9. Acknowledged that I had also driven others without the vibration.
    10. Refused to provide a copy of the case file and their notes on my complaint
    11. Refused to provide any engineering specs on the car to show it was as designed.
    12. Would not allow me to speak with anyone other than the "guy on the phone" Chris
    13. Would not consent to the phone conversation to be recorded as later proof when this tranny went the way of my Acura that they know of the problem.
    Just an update on 2010 pilot ex-l with 12,000 miles. Driving in the snow 25-40 mph, I get about 20.2 mpg. straight highway 65 mph, mpg is 21.2. So I am very happy with the mileage on the pilot. I am using chevron 87, and castrol gtx synblend.

thomasr1950 mentions pilot ex-l is quieter than 08 accord. it is true. ex-l came with Active Noise Cancellation, Acoustic Windshield.

pilot have plenty of power with the advanced 250hp . I think new pilot have better gearing.

I hope everyone is happy with their pilot.
This discussion has been closed.