Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 MMI

newownerq5newownerq5 Member Posts: 1
Does anyone know how to enter a name of a place on the navigation. Also any new voice commands not shown in the manual. Learned one "I'm Hungry pulls up place to eat ces to eat

Comments

• danielb6752danielb6752 Member Posts: 10
    Birds Eye View pulls up the 3d map (POSITION 3D MAP command?)
  • dixseadixsea Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    Just got my Audi Q5... awesome ride!
    Does anyone know how to change the voice from a female to a male voice?
    I changed it on my Cayenne, no problem; but I have not been able to figure out how to change it on the Audi.

Took delivery on Monday & I must say I am thrilled with the drive, the comfort and all the bells & whistles! :shades:
  • bmwbob27bmwbob27 Member Posts: 35
    My Q5 Prestige is 2 days old and I have a lamp failure icon on the instrument cluster. Does anyone know how to tell which bulb has failed???

Thanks,
    Bob
  • euniqueeunique Member Posts: 1
    Dixsea, did you ever get an answer? I was told it cannot be changed. So much for new technology..,
  • jabberjawsjabberjaws Member Posts: 9
    I test drove one with the MMI and was not impressed. The techn. to find and enter info seems like something from the dark ages (turn the dial and click in to accept choice). They need to check out the Lexus nav. to see what a TRUE nav. system should do!!
  • charliemangocharliemango Member Posts: 6
    Just started seeing this issue. I have an early 2010 Q5. By way of example, display will show a right turn in 150 yards, voice will say right turn in 100 yards. Basically it's consistently off anywhere between 50-300 yards. If anyone else has had this issue, I would be grateful for your thoughts. Also, does anyone know what the latest version of the MMI software is? Thanks.
  • charliemangocharliemango Member Posts: 6
    Just started seeing this issue with my early 2010 Q5 - voice directions are out of sync with screen instructions. By way of example, display will show a right turn in 150 yards, voice will say right turn in 100 yards. Basically it's consistently off anywhere between 50-300 yards. If anyone else has had this issue, I would be grateful for your thoughts. Also, does anyone know what the latest version of the MMI software is? Thanks.
  • cresearchcresearch Member Posts: 6
    Does Audi's 2011 models navigation include screen touch to select option or is it still using the clumsy 4 buttons?
  • cresearchcresearch Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if Audi includes free upgrades to the navigation and how does this take place?
    They do not provide free updates to the maps database, but they do update the MMI operating system occasionally when the car is in for service. I have noticed a couple of new features after getting the car back from these updates, most notably the ability for the car to draw which lane to take at an intersection (think a 6 lane wide highway splitting into 2 3-lane highways, it can say stay in the left 3 lanes).
  • mbeachguymbeachguy Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to connect a Droid rather than an iPod to the MMI system? I have the iPod cable in my 2011 Q5 but would love to play Pandora, or better yet, show Google maps on the display.
  • joescarsjoescars Member Posts: 2
    Similar to the stories I've read online, many of us have experienced problems with Audi's MMI system. This is the core computer for the entire car - so a very important component that should work flawlessly.

Not only are we experiencing problems but the dealers are saying they won’t replace the part under warranty. Often, they’re claiming a spill (user error) caused the problem, resulting in a $1000 repair. Although quick to claim a spill caused the problem (default response), they are unable to show us that some sort of spill was the definitive cause of the problem. At times they state that claim and are then unable to substantiate it with any evidence. Many of us don’t even recall spilling liquid on the console.

I don’t think this is right on several levels. First of all, if this is such a problem, they should have engineered these cars better. If they’re going to locate a computer right next to several cup holders in the center console, then protect it from spills! Put a rubber gasket between the buttons and the computer and cover the top of the damn computer so it’s not open to liquid spills from above. Also, don’t just claim you suspect a spill broke your poorly engineered computer without testing your theory. Hook it up for diagnostics or something. Show the owner evidence of a spill on the circuit board…something.

I don’t know how it works but am interested in joining other owners with the same complaint in a class action suit. I think Audi should pay better attention to their customers and admit to their problems.
    I believe audi has available a MMI -> USB cable which would likely allow your droid to show up as an external drive in the MMI interface... but I cannot verify this. I know it was designed for external HDDs and USB keys.

I believe they also have an analog input cable which would let you use pandora, albeit not in an integrated/hands-free fashion.

As far as things like Google Maps? Methinks not.
  • jdadamsjrjdadamsjr Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    Don't get the navigation...
    The maps on the wife's 2011 were obsolete the day we brought the car home and now I've heard that there has never been a map update -
    the 2009's still have not gotten an update.

For 2 years Audi has been telling me they are in the final stages of release. Even closed my BBB complaint by telling me the update was ready. :lemon:

Save yourself the money and frustration - skip the nav and buy a garmin with quarterly updated lifetime maps.
  • cdeneocdeneo Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    On a new 2013 Q5 - are the maps on the navigation system new or really old as mentioned in one of the posts on this thread?

Also, do the navigation upcoming turns show up in the instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel? I test drove an A6 and saw this awesome instrument cluster navigation integration - wondering if that carried over to the Q5 or not.

Any input would be much appreciated.
  • ksusarlaksusarla Member Posts: 9
    I have the same question. Looking to buy a 2014 audi q5 with navigation, is MMI Package worth it at all ?. also can someone explain their experience and usability of audiconnect ? Dealer has mentioned that its free for the first six months (i have to say, i was floored with google maps navigation option), though i agree the downstream bandwidth of 1Mbps on average is worse.