Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion HYBRID Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,554
Tell us about your Fusion/Milan HYBRID buying experience!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• otisnjotisnj Member Posts: 15
    Last night I put a deposit on a Milan Hybrid with Navi and Moon and Tune - out the door cost $34503.90. The other two dealers I checked were not willing to come off MSRP. Dealer very low key - no games - easy to deal with. I take delivery Saturday.
  • timothyftimothyf Member Posts: 40
    I just bought a grey one with 501a, leather, & remote start. $31,300 out the door here in Illinois. It's a fantastic vehicle. Ford's hit a home run with the car.
  • donegaldonegal Member Posts: 49
    Recently purchased a Ford Fusion Hybrid fully equipped (including nav) for the MSRP price of $32,435. I consider the $1,700 federal tax credit as my discount
    My trade was a 2008 Honda Accord V6 with navigation for which I received $23,524.
    Edmunds private party price on the Accord was $23,914 and Kelley Blue private party price was $22,730.
  • ffhloverffhlover Member Posts: 1
    Paid MSRP minus $120 for a 500a. Would have liked to have done better but it was clear that getting less than sticker for a base model was not going to happen anytime soon.
  • ilcarshopperilcarshopper Member Posts: 1
    We bought a 502A package with leather and used the Ford Partner x-plan. We paid 34k including tax. We loved using the x-plan. There was no haggling with the dealer. They're not negotiating anyway with the hybrids. They told us they were trying to move the inventory for their non-hybrid Fusions.

Dealer salespeople didn't seem to know that much about the FFH, though. These guys need to be desperately trained. Ford needs to understand that customers who are usually interested in the hybrids are very serious about it and have done a lot of research. We felt we knew more about the FFH than they did (or maybe that was by design by the dealer, who knows?).
  • d2lad2la Member Posts: 5
    I just placed an order for a Fusion Hybrid with the 502A package (loaded with everything but remote start) for $29,782.23 under the Ford Partners X-Plan. Taxes (3% in NC) and title ($74) were additional. I was surprised the dealer accepted X-Plan pricing, but because it was an order, and didn't come out of their allocation, they were fine with it. I was told that orders made before June 9 would be given build priority over dealer allocations.
  • jeff_hjeff_h Member Posts: 20
    I did some online searching and do not mind taking a bit of a drive from here in central VA to save a few hundred bucks. My local dealer first said MSRP, and I then found a dealer in Columbia MD who was willing to go $300 under. Then after some more web surfing I found a dealer in Richmond VA who will go $1,000 under MSRP. I printed their web page out and took it to my local dealer, they agree to match it as I was about to take a drive to Richmond. For anyone near VA, the dealer in Richmond has 15 on the lot, just google "Sheehy Ford Richmond" and you will find their dealership and the FFH models currently in stock. There are 3 guys listed as the internet sales staff, I sent them an email inquiry on price and they were very prompt in getting back to me, so good luck!
  • soccer_dadsoccer_dad Member Posts: 1
    We ordered our Mercury Milan Hybrid a week ago with the 300A Rapid Spec plus navigation. We contacted approximately seven dealers in a sixty mile radius. Only two came off of sticker price with the local dealer being the lowest at $1,806.27 under MSRP. The local dealer still has an unsold Milan on the lot. It has been in stock for weeks. We were told that they are asking MSRP for the one on the lot. That stock Milan has the 300A package but without navigation. We were the first to order a Milan Hybrid from him. It is hard waiting for ours to come in.
  • jeff_hjeff_h Member Posts: 20
    Wow $1,800 under is really good right now considering most want to stay at MSRP! I do the same thing with checking inventory of area dealers, when we got my wife's Escape hybrid I probably searched about 200 dealers (no driving involved when it's all online) and found 7 matches for what she wanted, sent queries on those and the best price won. And I am with you, it would be great to have mine now, but I ordered. I could have driven an hour and got one that was on the lot, but my local dealer was nice and not pushy during both test drives and that lack of pushiness is important to me so I decided to order and wait. When we got the Escape hybrid back in 2005, the local dealer refused to come off of MSRP (when that model was first introduced) so we went an hour north and saved $700.
  • bernsterbernster Member Posts: 29
    Just ordered Fusion Hybrid, loaded with Moon and Tune and white platinum tricoat. Listed for 32,345 (including destination and delivery). Got $1,300 off and no dealer prep (they wanted 699 for dealer prep). Final price with 6% tax and tags was 33,298. I asked for $1,500 off. Probably should have asked for more:) First dealer I went to said nothing off. Now I have to wait for 6 + weeks for delivery.
  • cocopupucocopupu Member Posts: 7
    Hate to be a begger but here it goes...Looking for a generous soul with a x plan pin to give for a Fusion Hybrid. Zip is 90266. Have a GM friends and family to exchange if that works for you...Too bad the camero isn't hybrid!
  • rhallangerrhallanger Member Posts: 7
    ordered my hybrid in Feb.. 501A package.. List $30,010. got it in very late May... so far 2000 miles... they gave me X plan price, gave me 12500 on my 07 AWD Milan... Mileage figures so far has been better than advertised... very happy with what I did for a deal... and what Ford did with this car... driving it is definitely fun..last week.. drove to work 54.0 miles..drive freeway for 95 % of the drive...41.4 mpg...
    :shades:
  • wnyvetwnyvet Member Posts: 2
    go here and ask folks who can make it happen

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45

They helped me to obtain an x-plan, and on July 8th, I took delivery of a FFH with the 501a Package and leather, for about $200 over dealer's invoice. Awesome program that Ford has to help generate sales, and it was my sincere honor to do my part to help stimulate the US economy. :D
  • cocopupucocopupu Member Posts: 7
    Hi, thanks for your help. Looks like going through shareholder relations is the simplest way to do this. I haven't done anything yet. Congratulations on your new car! How are you liking it now? Carrie
  • wnyvetwnyvet Member Posts: 2
    I love the car. It's very comfortable, handles great, and am getting better MPG every day, by learning how the technology works, and what conditions are best for eeking out improved efficiency. While keeping an eye out for conditions which are beneficial for taking advantage of the technology, yet still driving somewhat normally, without hampering other drivers, I've just climbed over 41 MPG overall.

If you're serious about obtaining and using an XPLAN pin, then again, go to the website I mentioned before http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45 Register, edit a post to request the XPLAN pin, and also personal message (PM) and email those offering or having access to the pins. It's a simple process, and it works. Someone there is bound to help, since the more cars that are sold, means improved job security. There are often already those who are offering pins, all you have to do is contact them. You could have a pin as early as tomorrow, just make the effort, find someone, they'll coordinate it with Ford, and it's nearly an instantaneous process, then you can go buy your ride. The hardest part of the entire process is actually finding a dealership to accept the XPLAN on the hybrid, but in the name of a sale, it's been proven to not be too difficult.

I'd love to speed the process up and give you my contacts info, but we aren't supposed to use email addresses here. We may need to do that anyways, in a sneaky way.

Best of luck!
  • done37done37 Member Posts: 64
    C502a, and white which adds $495. $32,435 out the door. I was very lucky. In Washington state there was only about 4 FFH's at the time and they were all doing dealer markups. Oh, and I also did a cash for clunkers taking 4,500 off the $32,435 price.
  • cary28cary28 Member Posts: 53
    After exhaustive reviews and analysis of various Hybrids, I finally ordered a FFH yesterday from a local dealer. I was very fortunate to have secured an X-Plan PIN from the Blueoval forum (Thanks milkman!) and emailed about 5 dealers around the area whether they will accept this pricing program. 3 responded positively, and I went to the local dealer and ordered an Ice Blue with 502A option. It was the cleanest and quickest car buying experience I've had, so now comes the wait.

Before I got the X-plan, many dealers wanted MSRP, while some also had markups. Here in Northern California, Hybrids are very popular. Thus, just finding one after the C4C program was difficult at best. I should be able to get the full $1700 tax credit, but will need to get the order verified by Ford next week to be sure.
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    what was the net x-plan price (before tax, tags etc)?
  • d2lad2la Member Posts: 5
    My X-Plan price was $29,782.23 for the 502A package.
  • lcwhitelcwhite Member Posts: 4
    Seems like everyone that uses the Ford X-Plan is ordering their car. Is that a rule? Do dealers sell in-stock cars at the X-Plan price? Thanks.
  • fazworldfazworld Member Posts: 5
    I will be in the market for a FFH in the next few weeks to month. What are the latest prices that people are paying? Thanks!
  • mpg4mpg4 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a silver FFH (black interior!) yesterday at an Austin dealership. Had to call to make sure they had the car in stock, and we agreed on invoice price. When i got there the process was smooth. No attempt to include anything but what was agreed on. So the invoice was something like 29,800. Plus TTL of course. I had to drive an hour. Local dealers would not budge below MSRP and they didn't even have the color combo that I wanted. I hope this helps and good luck.
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    "Seems like everyone that uses the Ford X-Plan is ordering their car. Is that a rule?

I picked mine from the selection on the dealers lot. X-plan = $200.00 over invoice + $75.00 fee and tax and you are out the door. They might try to add a fee for advertising but that is negotiable.
  • smartrigesmartrige Member Posts: 1
    Bought a FFH with 501A package last week, $500 below invoice. I thought it was not possible in Northern California

I went in with a Costco program, The deal Costco worked out was $1000 over invoice. After test drive and considered all reviews and ratings I saw, I do like Fusion Hybrid a tiny little more than Camry Hybrid, but not enough to to justify the $2000 price difference between the two. I told the salesman I need to think about it for 1 day, but I had already form a action plan: (1) If I get a good report from the mechanics who was working on my 1995 Camry, I would drive the old car for 2 more years (here in california cars last forever), and check out Fusion Hybrid later when it is not so hot any more; (2) If I have to buy one now, I would buy a Camry Hybrid. The salesman read the situation from my body language exactly right and started to drop price to a level I thought was not possible, we made the deal.
  • newowner10newowner10 Member Posts: 227
    Who Qualifies for this. Went to site and it appears Ford Employee's only
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    The X plan is for Friends and family of Ford employees. I found a lady at work who's brother worked for Ford and was able to get me the X plan pin number. It sounds like "wnvvet" has found a web site that some ford employee's are willing to give their pin number up. I am not sure how many pin numbers they get a year but I don't think it is unlimited.
  • muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Tell us about your Fusion/Milan HYBRID buying experience!

What are 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid residuals and money factors for May, 36 months, 12k, 15k, 18k miles?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,554

3.75% APR and 60%/58%/56% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49

Not a lot of activity in this thread.

I recently picked up a 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid. I live north of Boston but purchased from a dealer in New Hampshire.

A very easy deal to negotiate. MSRP was $31,845, I paid $27,075 after rebates and they gave me a very fair value on a low mileage 2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE wagon that I traded in.

Averaging 41 MPG for the first 400 miles!

• mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431

@gf2020 said:
    Not a lot of activity in this thread.

I recently picked up a 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid. I live north of Boston but purchased from a dealer in New Hampshire.

A very easy deal to negotiate. MSRP was $31,845, I paid $27,075 after rebates and they gave me a very fair value on a low mileage 2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE wagon that I traded in.

Averaging 41 MPG for the first 400 miles!

That's exciting news about your MPG average. I will be in the market next spring to replace my 2009 Fusion SEL V6 and want to seriously look into a vehicle that will give me much better MPG without sacrificing interior space. Tops on my list will be the Fusion as I have owned two Ford and Mercury vehicles since 2004 that have given me great reliability and satisfaction. Even if I averaged 39 MPG I would be extremely pleased as I average about 21 mpg on my current Fusion and about 19 Mpg on my 2012 Toyota Highlander V6 Limited.

2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • wjtonisswjtoniss Member Posts: 8

What are 2014 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid residuals and money factors for August, 36 months, 16K and 18k miles?

@wjtoniss said:

What are 2014 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid residuals and money factors for August, 36 months, 16K and 18k miles?

The residual is 53% for 16.5K/yr and 52% for 18K/yr.

Money factor varies widely by region.. what state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

New York city

Does the residual and money factor change with a Z-Plan lease, or is it all the same? The Money Factor for us is New York City

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@wjtoniss said:
    Does the residual and money factor change with a Z-Plan lease, or is it all the same? The Money Factor for us is New York City

36 month MF for Fusion Hybrid is 2.50%.

I don't believe there is a difference in MF for Z-plan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bpark13bpark13 Member Posts: 4

I'm looking for numbers on a 2014 Fusion Hybrid SE. Northern Illinois. 36 mo. 10k and 12k mile options. MF and Residual. And thank you in advance!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@bpark13 said:
    I'm looking for numbers on a 2014 Fusion Hybrid SE. Northern Illinois. 36 mo. 10k and 12k mile options. MF and Residual. And thank you in advance!

3.75% MF and $0 lease cash. 56% and 57% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fourseam_fastfourseam_fast Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    What are available incentive right now (January 2015) for 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid in SoCal area?

I think I can get total $3000 for buying in cash.
    Or get $1000 rebate and 0% APR for 60 months. This seems to exclude that $1000 Switch rebate.
    Does $1000 Switch rebate also apply to the 0%APR?

Also looks like Ford is doing Lease Conquest rebate so people like me who are leasing competitive product will get $750 rebate for getting a Ford Fusion.

Can you help me determine maximum rebate I can get for 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

If I know the maximum rebate, I think I can assume good price to negotiate. Probably invoice price of the car minus about $500~1000 (considering holdbacks) and minus all the rebates I can get.

So I am looking for SE trim without additional options with MSRP around $28140 including destination charge. From Edmunds, TMV is $26,392. With $3750 maximum rebate if I am buying cash and negotiate down $500~$1000 considering holdbacks, I think I can shoot for $21,642~22,142 before tax, title and registration.

Am I too hopeful?
    We don't have information on how the incentives stack.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Our local dealer has a '14 FFH SE w/Tech, Moonroof, 502A package, White Platinum, 18" wheels, 389 miles $34425 MSRP. Considering that the '16s are beginning to hit the lots, what would be a reasonable offer for this car? Edmunds suggests $31,280 for this car before incentives but, given that they suggest a $30,522 market price for a comparably-equipped '15, that's obviously way too high (the '14 does carry an additional $1000 incentive, though). Suggestions?

Our local dealer has a '14 FFH SE w/Tech, Moonroof, 502A package, White Platinum, 18" wheels, 389 miles $34425 MSRP. Considering that the '16s are beginning to hit the lots, what would be a reasonable offer for this car? Edmunds suggests $31,280 for this car before incentives but, given that they suggest a $30,522 market price for a comparably-equipped '15, that's obviously way too high (the '14 does carry an additional $1000 incentive, though). Suggestions?

I show $4000 in purchase incentives... no clue on discount from MSRP, however..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator