Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Toyota RAV4

andersonrmandersonrm Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Toyota
When do the 2010 Rav4's become available?

Comments

• funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    Anyone knows about this?

2010 RAV4, expected date?
  • cbmortoncbmorton Member Posts: 252
    The next year's RAV4s usually show up at dealers in late August/early September.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Now that VW has developed a method for alleviating the hazards of a FWD w/stick shift in the hands of an idiot maybe the stick shift RAV4 will be back..??
  • puneecarpuneecar Member Posts: 17
    Anyone have experience from past years market reactions to know how the prices for the new 2010s will compare to currnet prices of 2009s?

or what type of incentives might be available for the purchase of 2010s that might make it a better deal than purchasing a 2009 today..

or... will the debut of the 2010 rav4 plummet the price of 2009s...
    ..even tho this is is quite different considering our Post-Clunkers situations and low inventory... unless this "low inventory" is just another easy excuse every dealership is using to pump up car prices
  • 13toyotas13toyotas Member Posts: 3
    I can tell you that out here in CA, the shortage is real. I have a friend that is a sales manager and he tried to get me a 2009. There was one available at the 6 dealers and it was a limited.

He said that the 2010s were expected the first week of Oct. He finally found me a 2009 that was certified used with only 1195 miles on it.
  • sanjoydassanjoydas Member Posts: 1
    I have been pricing a V6 Sports with Sports Appearance package (with flat-run tires) for 2 months now. There is practically no difference in '09 and '10 prices. May be because this package is one of the least popular. Plus, there are no incentives offered on RAV4...may be that indicates its a hot selling car.
  • kobedavykobedavy Member Posts: 2
    I wound up purchasing an 2010 Rav4 Base 4WD. Sticker was around 24,200.

Prices are identical as far as I can tell. The dealer I was at had an 09 and 10. The 09 had good lease incentives and a 3.9 Toyota backed loan but I did not like the color combination.

I wound up getting 1000 off of MSRP on the 2010 and got financing at 4.9 through Bank of America. I could not get much more than than on the 2009.

To me the only reason to buy an 09 is the lease incentive. I could have leased the 09 for 218 month out the door ( With 3K down ).
  • sandra4453sandra4453 Member Posts: 10
    I just got my '10 RAV4 Sport (FWD), w/moonroof, Barcelona Red. I traded in a brand new, '09 Honda CR-V, EX model that I bought 6 weeks earlier. As soon as I drove the Honda off the lot, I had buyers remorse. It was uncomfortable (and yes, I test drove it a few times), it felt as if I was in a van, I'm 5'6" and getting in and out was a step up/down and more adjusting and settling in, unlike what I was used to. I had to back this van into the garage as the back tailgate hood which swings up, collided with the runners on the garage door....another bummer! The only thing I appreciated was the armrest which was positioned perfectly, unlike the RAV but, after 6 weeks of regretting buying the Honda and knowing that I was going to have to take a hit to undo this mistake, I have no regrets except that I didn't do it sooner.

The RAV has better pickup than the Honda, much better! Much more comfortable getting in and out, cabin room is much more comfortable and I really love having a middle glove compartment again vs. that plastic tray in the Honda. The Honda tugged, can't explain it except that the RAV responds more easily on turns, so to speak. I live in Florida and don't need 4WD or rarely need to be concerned with curbside parking so the back tailgate hood swinging open from the side instead of up, really is a great convenience for me. As well, I can control just how far open I want it, unlike the Honda that, once it opened upward, it kept going and 2 hands needed to close the lid....and with 2 arms filled with groceries, made it all very awkward.

These are just now beginning to show up on the lots here in Fla. and are still being found by order, only. I got mine 80 miles north from my home where the dealer ordered it and delivered it to my home. I got a better deal than with local dealers.

When all figured out, the RAV cost me (with special options package - roof rails, 6 disk in dash cd changer, 6 speakers, daytime running lights, moonroof, XM satellite 90 day trial (who cares!) $23,400 OTD. Out of pocket wasn't a bad price....if I don't think about the trade in that I pretty much, lost out on but, it ended up not mattering. I was feeling miserable about having bought the Honda afterall. Everyone told me to wait a year but that logic just didn't add up for me. I lost money as soon as I drove it off the lot but the trade in on it would have depreciated more in one year than it's worth, presently.

Bottom line...very, very happy with my new '10 RAV4!
  • kkrtrekkkrtrek Member Posts: 51
    Congratulations sandra. I think you got a really great car. From the price, I assume you got the 4-cylinder--and you are really happy with the engine. Me too and me too, for my 2009.

I posted earlier to you that I did the same thing pretty much a couple years ago when I bought my Acura, trading in a very new car and feeling a bit foolish. Like you, I feel very good about having done it. Fortunately we were both able to afford the switch to our preferred vehicles. I hope to keep my RAV for a long time. I totally love it.

My RAV is 4WD, and I am able to get about 29+ MPG highway, so I suspect you will get over 30 after break-in. Love that four-banger.

Congrats again.
  • wmrn43awmrn43a Member Posts: 6
    I am awaiting my 2010 rav4. Ordered it about 2 weeks ago and told it should be in by the end of Oct.
    Mine is the Basic model and I only got the Protection Package along with the Value Package.
    I still wonder if I got a good deal. $24,100 OTD includes tax, fees, dealer fees etc. No trade in. I am using the 0% 36 mos. Know of any incentives?
    I got it local though I did check around and prices were very close. But they gave me lifetime free oil changes and lifetime warrenty free. The other dealers would not do that.

What do you think?
  • outcastoutcast Member Posts: 5
    You must be in the South East region, since I believe its only our area getting the 0% financing. I picked up my 2010 Limited V6 on Friday and doing the 0% 36 months as well. Didn't put anything down...why would anyone I guess.

I'd be a little wary of those promises of a free lifetime warranty; I've heard so many of those promises broken in various other posts. The protection package sounds like the Toyo Guard to me, MRSP was a ridiculous $699 on the Limited..I didn't get it. I am thinking of buying the Toyota Platinum extended warranty however; 7 yrs & 75k, and 0 deductable is $530

As for incentives...there is the $1000 marketing support the dealer receives which you can tap into most of that, but there are no direct incentives on any Rav4; 2009 or 2010. At least none in my area of South Florida.
    Yes, I'm in the South East. Yes it is the Toyo Guard. It is very costly and does not seem to really be much at all. They knocked it own to $199, so I thought what the heck.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Hope you enjoy the RAV4 - sure was a costly buying decision! Why did you ever buy the CR-V? Better homework would have saved you a lot of aggro and $$$.... :sick:

Shoulda bought an Equinox first - could have returned it and saved the $$$$.... :)
    We test drove the Equinox but too much of a blind space for us on the side rear. Could have gotten it cheaper, yes. But we would not like the blind spot.

CR-V was not comfortable since my better half has back problems.

The Rav filled our bill the cost was out the door with a trade in 21100
  • msperezmsperez Member Posts: 2
    Sandra you get a good price i was looking for a Rava 2010, 2 wd Limit Edition offer me 36,410 with all taxes and the extra value pak, protection pakages and lifetime warrenty . here in florida can you tell me you dealer to get a good deal thanks.
    Daytona Toyota, ask for Monica.
  • spackmanspackman Member Posts: 1
    New to forum - hope this message is in the right place...

Question: Does anyone out there have a Rav4 Sport with the Charcoal Leather? Has anyone seen one? Where do you live (what region)?)

I am considering the Rav4 Sport vs. Limited. I like the leather interior, but prefer the Charcoal (only available in the Sport) to the Ash. The problem I am having is I can't find a vehicle with the Charcoal leather interior! I live in the North-East, but I travel, and have visited dealers in Texas and California - still can't find one to look at.

A local dealer told me some story that the Charcoal leather is only available as a port installed option, but this just sounds like a line to me - maybe I'm wrong and he's telling me the truth? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.
  • dowendowen Member Posts: 14
    I have been wondering this same thing. On the Toyota site it shows one picture of it. But I have not been able to find it listed as an option any where. Please let me know if you are able to find the answer. I am currently driving a 2009 Mazda 3 because I could get black leather. I have been very pleased with the Mazda but it is not a Toyota. I am in KS and the heater can't quite keep up for my taste. I miss my 1990 Celica.

• lrm2009lrm2009 Member Posts: 5
    i was quoted for $20935 (Base FWD with EV package) OTD includes tax fees and dealer fees. Is this a good price?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    If that's your out the door price you are getting a great deal, what part of the country are you from?
  • dowendowen Member Posts: 14
    hey spackman, I was just on the Toyota web site and they now list black leather as a package option. Looks like this is a $4000.00 option package. Don't k now if you could get it separate.
  • funnyfoxfunnyfox Member Posts: 3
    I just checked some pics for 2011 rav4, and they are very appealing. Does anybody knows more detailed information that can share with me?
  • toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    "2011 RAV4"? Where do you get pics for that? I didn't think they were available yet.
  • glenburyglenbury Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2010 Rav 4 base/4wd 6cyl.. do the little lights in the console light up at night where it shows D for drive R for reverse etc.? Can't find it in the manual, just drove it the first time last night and it was pretty dark in that area. Love the vehicle so far..
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a Toyota owner and interested in sharing your reaction to the recall with reporters, send an email stating the vehicle you own, your telephone number, and the best time you can be reached.

Send to: karen@edmunds.com
  • rminorrminor Member Posts: 40
    If you do a google search for 2011 Rav4 and click images you'll see several pics.
  • 9evergreen189evergreen18 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a NEW Rav4 (Base) but not the 2010 model, maybe 2008 model. Is that possible? Because after doing some research, both are new but the 2008 model is cheaper by maybe ~$4000. But I have a hard time finding where to buy a 2008 model New, not Used. This is my first new car. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.