Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005/2006 CTS 3.6L

hardywanghardywang Member Posts: 1
Hi,

I am considering to buy a used CTS, more precisely 2005 or 2006.

I did a search, it looks like rear differential, rear wheel hub are week.

Anybody knows are there any other known problems of these 2 model years? Engine, transmission, suspension and so on?

Thanks
Hardy

Comments

• Options
    phil56phil56 Member Posts: 6
    I'm interested in purchasing a '06 Cadillac CTS. In my searches, I've found that relatively few pre-owned Cadillacs are actually certified pre-owned. I was wondering (Question #1) if anyone knew the reason for that. In other words, are Cadillac dealers' pre-owned Cadillac inventory not certified because of the stringent requirements or are there other reasons (i.e., are they not certified because they can't be certified or because the dealers just don't take the time to get them certified)?

For example, per Cadillac's web site, there are only 18 certified pre-owned 2005-2007 Cadillac CTS's within 150 miles of Chicago. However, at dealerships in the Chicagoland area, I've found about 10 non-certified pre-owned CTS's that meet nearly my exact requirements. So as a follow-up question, I was wondering (question #2) if it's advisable to purchase a non-certified pre-owned Cadillac from a Cadillac dealer?
  • Options
    richw5richw5 Member Posts: 152
    There is an additional cost to the dealer, to certify a vehicle. Based on your numbers, more than 60 percent of the CTS's you found are certified. That's an unusually high percentage.

In addition, you can pay more to the dealer of an uncertified car, to have it certified. Then again, you can also purchase an extended warranty, just make sure it's from GM or a credible company.
  • Options
    mymymymymymy Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone had a problem with his/her wipers and washer fluid? Today, when I turned the wipers on the washer fluid came on too and continued to spray as long as the wipers were on. Since it was raining, I had to keep turning the wipers on and off to clear the window, and when I did, the washer fluid sprayed out each time. I pushed the washer fluid button on and off several times, turned the car off and restarted (in case something needed to be reset). messed with the wiper control settings, and still the washer fluid button wouldn't work properly. This is just another problem with my dream car that turned out to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    mymymy,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your wipers. Were you planning on having the vehicle looked at? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    kandrews1kandrews1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a beautiful 2005 CTS about 5 months ago and am afraid I made a huge mistake. Typically I have to add a quart of oil every week or two; very disappointed in the quality of this Cadillac. I just don't think it is going to last and now I am stuck making payments on a very expensive piece of junk. I've already had to replace the coil pack and tune up. That synthetic oil is so expensive to have to add a quart every week, it already costs over $100 for a stinking oil change with 6 quarts of the stuff and now I have to keep it on hand to add every week. The interior is falling apart, the handle on the rear inside roof popped out and now the panels that are just above the back seat are popping out. It's just ridiculous. I wish I'd have never bought it. It now has just over 80,000 miles on it and I don't think it will last another year. Trust American cars-NOT!
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited June 2012
    but if you go to the top of the page and click on the link Cadillac CTS after the "what is this discussion about?" it'll open up a list of CTS discussions. Go to Cadillac CTS Engine Problems and read the last hundred or so, or if you're a real glutton for punishment, start at the beginning and read them all.

Good luck.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    kandrews1kandrews1 Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning kandrews1,

I'm sorry to read that your CTS has not been a satisfactory vehicle, and can understand why you're frustrated given the multiple concerns you've run into. Have you had an oil consumption test performed on your vehicle? This would be the first step with one of our dealerships in getting this diagnosed and remedied.

Please let us know if you would like to move forward in a diagnosis or if we can check for recalls (email the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    Sarah,

How come CTS 2005-2007 headlight lens are rotting away?
    They are cloudy on inside and out. Thanks.
    Mine is a 2007 with HID. Others I see in parking lots are just as bad.
  • Options
    lmohatt_sactolmohatt_sacto Member Posts: 2
    Hi Just purchased 2005 Cadillac CTS --same thing with the headlights! Purchased Diamond Clean headlight Restoration kit--have not used yet. Fear they are properly sealed or just crappy material?? Had a 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS--no problem like this.
  • Options
    wirenut2wirenut2 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone had this problem if so what was the fix washer fluid keeps coming out even when not selected I was told the problem is a bad wiper motor cover. I want to be sure it's a 225.00 dealer part I was wondering if there is a relay that controls the washer part of the pump pls let me know 06 cad cts. Thanks
  • Options
    chuck2011chuck2011 Member Posts: 19

Get a Lexus instead.