Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Outback intermittent AC problems

jeffwbjeffwb Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Subaru
I bought this car about 5 months ago, with 37,000 miles on it. Now that it has gotten warm, I'm noticing an intermittent problem. The AC will work fine for a while, then stop working. My mechanic found that the low side pressure stays fairly constant, while the high side pressure will bounce around considerably and get very high (up to 500 psi). They flushed the system and the problem got worse. The AC will work on part of a short trip, then stop. On the return trip, it may or may not work at all. My mechanics are stumped. They think it may be a switch, but they're hesitant to put one in, have me drop $150, and then have it not solve the issue.

Comments

• Options
    julionjulion Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 2005 H6 3.0 R with the same problem. I buy the radio again, but the problem is not solve. My mechanic think maybe is an electrical problem with ground. If you solve the problem please tell me how you fix. I also read about AC problem when change the belt, but I`m not sure.
  • Options
    orangelebaronorangelebaron Member Posts: 435
    I have a 2005 2.5i Limited with 67K. This weekend, my passenger noticed water on the floor and then my dash was gurgling and I noticed condensation coming out. I recently had the HVAC light dimming/odometer saying "ill"... today, the AC wasn't making noise.... so I hope it was a fluke. I was driving with the sunroof open at the time with the AC on... could it have been overtaxed?
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    The drain line could be clogged on it. The line typically runs down in front of the passenger foot well area, so if it is clogged then it is very likely you will get water in that space.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
This discussion has been closed.