Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Toyota Sequoia

ratmratm Member Posts: 11
Just want to share with everybody that you can see a preview of what it's coming up to the US for the 2010 Sequoia.
I know that the packages are different but at least you can see the new colors combinations and see that the price increases will most likely include more standards features (specially for the SR5).

Just go to the canadian Toyota web site at www.toyota.ca.
By the way, the configurator (Build your Toyota) works better under Firefox.

Regards

Comments

• jmmurphyjmmurphy Member Posts: 4
    According to the website, leather is standard on the SR5. That alone accounts for much of the price difference from the 2008. I know it's Toyota CA, but can we assume that leather seats will be standard in the US as well?

That, along with the other features that are indicated to be standard, would greatly reduce my interest in purchasing an '08.
  • houston14houston14 Member Posts: 2
    Leather is not standard in the US. I am getting my 2010 SR5 Delivered in a few days. The 2010 is heavily optioned compared to the 2008 model which is why the base price was raised so much.
  • arunkcarunkc Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I have decided to buy 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD. Any suggestion what time will be good to buy before september of 2009. I couldn't inventory in any of the dealers. Is that ok to book an order ? I'm just one year old to this country, appreciate your suggestions.

thanks,
    -arun.
  • arunkcarunkc Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I have decided to buy 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD. Any suggestion what time will be good to buy before september of 2009. I couldn't inventory in any of the dealers. Is that ok to book an order ? I'm just one year old to this country, appreciate your suggestions.

thanks,
    -arun
  • rafiqkrafiqk Member Posts: 1
    I know they came out with a revamped Sequoia in 2008, but when will the new line come out? 2012? Im debating to buy a 2010 model next year or wait till the new models come out? Is it every 4 years? Please help!
  • a8silvera8silver Member Posts: 24
    I don't think the body style is changing anytime soon ( it just changed in 2008). I also believe that Toyota is going to cutback production on these trucks - It is not politically correct to produce these "gas guzzlers" these days. My guess - the next model won't be out till 2013 at the earliest.
  • tskr7tskr7 Member Posts: 1
    i also will buy an 010 sequoia platinum within the next 2 weeks. the msrp is around 60k but i found this dealer who's willing to sell it for 56,600. this vehicle is great. you cant go wrong.
  • thiseythisey Member Posts: 11
    I bought a 2010 Ltd a few weeks ago and have already pulled my travel trailer with it after breaking it in. What a dream of a vehicle. I do not regret turning my back on Chevy and trading in my Suburban. The Sequoia has so much power that I honestly forget that I am pulling a 28 ft trailer that weighs 7000lbs loaded. This vehicle is extremely well thought out. No regrets here.
  • tktkktktkk Member Posts: 3
    I WANT TO BUY A NEW SEQUOIA. I WANT TO FIND THE BEST DEAL IN THE US. I WILL PICK IT UP ANYWHERE BUT THEY KEEP WANTING MY ZIP SO I HAVE TO GO THRU A DEALER IN MY AREA. HOW CAN I FIND THE BEST DEALER WITH THE BEST PRICE PERIOD. I WOULD LIKE TO SCAN DEALER INVENTORY EVERYWHERE.
    THANKS TOM
  • ratmratm Member Posts: 11
    We test drove a 2010 Sequoia Platinum on Monday and were amazed on how this huge SUV was easy to drive.
    We ordered a SR5 but unfortunately this is really rare in Canada so we will not get the vehicle before Aug. 15th.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may want to look through our Dealer Ratings and Reviews. It may have something about dealers in your area.

Also, Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience may be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You can use the View Inventory tool at Edmunds.com. Drill down to the Sequoia and click on View Inventory. Then you can just change the zip code around. You can also extend the search out 200 miles from the zip code you pick.

You can also filter out your results by price but most dealers are just putting MSRP in the inventory results. One thing you can do if look for dealers with a lot of Sequoia's on their lot - they may be more likely to give you a good price quote.
    The best place for you to find 2010 Sequoia's maybe Canada. Try Kingsway Toyota in Edmonton, AB Canada. I bought my Sequoia from them, albeit I live here, but they have Sequoias in inventory. Try reaching them online at http://kingsway.toyota.ca
  • ratmratm Member Posts: 11
    thisey: Can you share how much you paid for your Sequoia?
    I ordered a 2010 SR5 in Canada and they just gave me about $1400 off MSRP.
    When I see that they can get almost $9K off MSRP in California for a 2010, that makes me sick.

Thanks.
    I paid 61 for my Ltd. They included an Alpine DVD Player and three wireless headphones for the kids...floor mats throughout...bug deflector...trailer brake installed and gave me what I wanted for my Suburban on trade.
  • 774774 Member Posts: 101
    I was able to negociated a price on a 2010 4wheel drive SR 5 Sequoia with two different dealerships. The negociated prices at one dealership was $2,490 off sticker and the second price was $2,890 off sticker price. I think I got the short end of the stick but I wanted the vehcile and was willing to order from the second dealership.

The fun begins a couple days later when I am told that Southeast Toyota Distributors will not order any 4 wheel drive Sequoias not equiped with the E-85 FLEX FUEL ENGINE. I called Southeast Toyota Distributors and was informed by them that Toyota Motor Sales USA will not allow them to order the vehicle from them without the FLEX FUEL ENGINE. (NO ONE) was able to give me a reason why a vechicle I am paying a lot of money for has to be equiped with The E85 FLEX FUEL ENGINE. The closest explanation I was given (QUOTE) Its kind of like when your mother told you no because I said so. I was told that if I wanted the (7919) AKA SR5 4 wheel drive 5.7liter NON_FLEX FUEL ENGINE I woud have to buy outside of the 5 state area controled by Southeast Toyota Distributors from a dealership supplied by Toyota Motor Sales.

I have numerous reasons why I will not buy a vehicle equiped with the modifications required on the 5.7 liter engine to run on E85 ethanol.The point is Toyota sales over all were down 40 percent and they want to tell me what engine I must have.The SR 5 can be equiped with three different engines if you live outside the five state area that I live in. The sad fact is this would have been the fourth toyota product that I was involved in buying. Great job Toyota Motor Sales terminate a for sure sale.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    go wtih the QX56. check edmunds.com TMV. there should be some nice discounts going on. A base QX is much better equipped than SR5.
    I have considered the Qx56 based opon the quality I have experienced with my wifes Infiniti. I like the quality of Nissan / Infiniti products. Toyota is following the bad example of Government Motors. GM failed to meet the needs of thier customers and we see where that went.
  • tktkktktkk Member Posts: 3
    THATS REDICULOUS PAY ALL THAT MONEY & YOU CANT GET WHAT YOU WANT. I ALSO WANT A SR5 SEQUOIA BUT I CANT GET ANYONE TO GIVE ME ANYTHING OFF.
    You are right it is ridiculous and I will not play thier game. I think if you wait they will have to give you a break on the price.Nissian is offering 4500 off the 2010 Armada and 6000 off the 2010 QX56 .

Price out the SR 5 you want on carsdirect.com and you will do better than talking to a floor sales person. I have found that it is better to by pass the floor sales people and ask to speak to the fleet manager or internet manager. The last three Toyotas that I negotiated for were 1800 less than any offer given to me by a floor sales person for the same vehicle. You also might want to try and buy the vehicle at the very end of the month and help them meet thier quota. Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book are not up to speed on prices for the options on the 2010 Sequoia. You should also try true car .com they break down actual prices paid for your vehicle in your area. Good Luck
  • astoddardastoddard Member Posts: 2
    I was interested in the SR5 w/ the bigger motor in IL, but was told that this configuration is not available here. I dont want to pay for the extra stuff on the limited which I dont need. Leather seats? Optitron gauges? This is supposed to be a UTILITY vehicle is it not? Is this dealer full of BS or is that really the situation? Where in the US can you get the SR5 w/ 5.7L engine? Maybe I will just go with the 'burban because you can order that however you want.
    The SR 5 as shown in the 2010 pamphlet indicates 3 different engines are available in the SR 5 including the 5.7 liter. Try another dealer. I know that if you live in south east you cannot get a non-flex fuel engine in a 4x4 which by the way is a 5.7 liter engine. If you wanted the 4.6liter in a 4x4 forget it .This non-sense also applies to the Tundra 4x4. The only engine available in any 4x4 in the southeast is the 5.7 flex fuel engine. I have been informed by the mangement of one dealer there is about 15 gas stations in my state that sell E85 ethanol. Why would anyone want to buy a truck or suv with a fuel delivery system made more complicated to use a fuel that is crap and not available.

UNBELIVEABLE

Toyota wants you to buy their product but tell you what engine you can have in different areas of the country even though three are made for the SR5.

UNBELIVEABLE
  • latifalatifa Member Posts: 3
    :confuse: Thinking to buy sequoia2010
    I want to know your opinion
    I am undecided between land cruiser v6 or sequoia
  • guchguch Member Posts: 12
    I need help with understanding sequoia system.
    I am planning on buying this truck for my wife. Since it is a RWD truck I worry about her driving it on wet roads and in snow. Switching to 4WD seems to eat a lot more gas so it seems like a waste to drive in 4WD in just little rain or snow. How is Sequoia's traction control and vehicle stability control going to do in these conditions? Dealer says it does greatith VSC alone withput need to turn on 4WD.
    My other option is to get Lexus GX 470 or 460 when it comes out , these are full time AWD.

Thank you for your advise and help
  • marekzmarekz Member Posts: 2
    it seems like i can get a similarly equipped limited (with navi and rear dvd, floor mats, and paint protection) for about $4 to $5k less than the platinum. i can really only identify about three or so real differences between the two models - no second row seat heater, no front seat cooler, no second row console, and different suspension.

actually, i dont even want the first three, but how notable will the different suspension be? i notice that you can manually adjust ride height and switch between "comfort" and sport" setting on the platinum, but otherwise, they seem pretty much the same to me.

does anyone have any input about the suspension differences, i.e. worth the extra $5k?

are there other differences that i am not noticing?
  • boxer99boxer99 Member Posts: 22
    I ordered a Platinum because the base suspension was a little soft. I liked the way it rode in the sport mode. Plat also comes with adaptive cruise control which when offered alone on cars is usually a $1000-$1,500 option.

For me personally, I usually regret the not getting the bells and whistles after buying the car more than being happy with saving the money.
  • marekzmarekz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advise. I completely agree on the regret factor when you skip a few options (I have a daily reminder of this with my 2005 jeep grand cherokee). The $5k isnt really a huge factor for me, it is the lack of ability to truly customize the vehicle. I really dislike (on the platinum model) that you have to have the center console in the middle of the second row. I would prefer to have the extra room for people to move around (or be able to order the limited with the adjustable suspension). I am not sure which one of these two is more important to me, but these two options are what is keeping me from ordering one right now.
  • reggie6reggie6 Member Posts: 26
    I wonder what the actual differences in the suspension are. Are the shocks different ? Is the whole thing just beefier/ stiffer?

I wish you could order this truck with the options you want. I want a bench seat in the middle row and I want the better suspension. I wonder if there will be any changes in the option packages for 2011?

How are people finding real gas mileage.? I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL. I am getting an avg of 15.7 around town and on the highway I can get up to 19. The seats dont fold flat and you loose a lot of cargo room in what should be a huge flat area. The old design was much better in that area.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Toyota Sequoia Real World MPG may be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • boxer99boxer99 Member Posts: 22
    I have a 2010 Sequoia with factory remote start. The engine will automatically turn off once you unlock the doors. Is there anyway around that? Shutting down the engine and then immediately restarting it seems ridiculous and harmful to the truck in the long run.
  • jdubjjdubj Member Posts: 1
    Was there ever an override for this? After remote starting, having to restart the engine is total waste of starter!