Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Sienna with 132,000. Time for a new van or wait?

3girls4me83girls4me8 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Toyota
We have a 2000 Sienna that we love. It has been the best van needing very little repair over all these years. When should I expect we will need to start replacing things? I'm trying to decide if we should keep it for another year or get a new van now.

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Very cool, but I think it will last a lot longer if you continue to take care of it.

If you're looking for an excuse to get a new one, look at all the new safety features - side curtrain air bags, VSC, etc.

266hp also may motivate you. :shades:
  • jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    128,000 on our 2000.I'm planning (hoping)on it lasting 4 more years so I can lug my youngest back and forth to college.Other than 2 sensors going bad just routine maintenance in 9 plus years.
  • yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    In normal times, I'd just say hold on to as long as it fills your needs and doesn't require a continuous stream of repairs. However with the proposed CAFE changes the current crop of vehicles may represent the twilight of a golden age of power and utility much like the pre-1973 cars were for a quarter century.

I still say keep it, but beware. To replace your van with a vehicle of similar capability may start to get much more difficult/expensive in the next few years.
This discussion has been closed.