Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Honda Accord

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Paddleshifters:
    I think it would be nice for the Accord to have Paddleshifters. Many cars in this segment have this option already. The TSX has this option, a few other Honda's have this option. I might not use the option all the time, but adds a more sport appeal.
    It might be reason enough for me to choose the TSX over the Accord. It is a lot of fun, only if its synced right with the engine and gives you almost complete control over the engine. Is it a make it or break it option? No, but it would be nice! :)
  • jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2010
    It depends on if you have a coupe or a sedan. Apparently the sedan has a different wiring harness than the coupe. Some sedan owners have replaced the S/R switch with the ambient (for a 2009 model) and it worked, while others have had trouble getting the light to work. With my coupe, I had to use a jumper wire to get it to work.

Majestic Honda's part number is 4888656 for grey or 4888657 for tan interior for a 2009.

Here's my write-up of about month ago for a '10 coupe:

SUCCESS!!! Yes I had to use a jumper to get the ambient light to work. Here's the scoop: The connector that plugs into the sunroof switch has 12 pins (2 rows of 6 pins each). The first 3 pins (top left) are for the lights. Pin #1 is for the ambient light (no wire from the harness goes this slot - one end of the jumper goes here - the other end goes to pin #2), pin #2 is power and pin #3 is for the S/R light. Good luck.
  • don57don57 Member Posts: 19
    My 06 sedan EX-L with navi did not have the auto dimming mirror with compass as standard. It was a dealer added accessory.
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    My 2009 ambient light STILL doesn't work in my 2010 sedan. No wiring at all for the ambient light or the sunroof switch light in the harness.

I'm still playing with jumpers, etc but so far no success.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    That's what I thought. I think the OP must not have realized that the dealer must have added it in his older Accords.
  • kingrkingr Member Posts: 62
    Thanks for the info. however I won't be playing with the wiring, I will have to live with out it, I kind got used to it from my 06. What makes me mad is that my owners manual says it is in my car.
    Thanks
  • jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    I know what you mean, I had it in my 05. Besides my owners manual saying that I have the ambient light, if you go to the web site of where I bought the car they list the ambient light and Illuminated lockable glove box.

•Leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats -inc: 8-way pwr driver seat, driver pwr lumbar, passenger-side "walk-in" feature
    •Driver & front passenger active head restraints
    •Fold-down rear seatback
    •Center console w/sliding armrest, storage compartments
    •Blue ambient console lighting
    •Floor mats
    •Tilt & telescopic steering column
    •Warning lights -inc: door & trunk open, fuel, coolant temp, low oil pressure, low brake fluid, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) on, passenger-side airbag shut-off
    •Maintenance Minder system
    •Pwr windows w/front auto-up/down, illuminated switches
    •Pwr door locks w/auto-lock
    •Remote entry system w/pwr window control, pwr trunk release
    •Cruise control
    •Remote fuel filler door & trunk release w/lock
    •Security system
    •Immobilizer theft-deterrent system
    •Dual-zone automatic climate control
    •Rear window defroster
    •Illuminated lockable glove box
    •Front & rear cup holders
    •Coin box
    •(2) 12V pwr outlets
    •Side door pockets
    •Sunglasses holder
    •Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
    •Map lights
    •Cargo area light
    •Premium interior accents
    •Driver & front passenger seatback pockets

and, of course, here's their disclaimer....

"We try to present information that is complete and accurate. However, as the possibility for data error exists, the information listed on this site may be incorrect and is not guaranteed".
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    I wish there was something legally we could all do about that disclaimer.

Where do they draw the line? Could they install vinyl seats instead of leather? Could they install a 4 speed tranny and not the advertised 5? You could be paying more $ for something "heavy duty" or "sport suspension" or numerous other items, how are we as consumers suppose to verify we are getting what we are paying for?

Mrbill
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Isn't all the equipment, included on each car, listed on the window sticker? If not, it should be.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    edited March 2010
    Isn't all the equipment, included on each car, listed on the window sticker?

Good, question. Actually it doesn't. I'm looking at my window sticker and the sales brochure, and numerous items in the brochure do not appear on the window sticker.

As examples, The interior ambient console light, lock able glove box with light, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, rear window defroster, tachometer, and other features and numerous safety items are not shown on the sticker. Maybe the list would be too long to fit, but again, how do we verify what is there and what isn't.

When I research on what new car I would or would not be interested in, I do look at the options in the brochures. I would be more then a little P-Od if items were missing on my car I decided to buy. At least for my 04, it appears I got what was in the brochure.

Mrbill
    Honda, in the past at least, has always been very limited on options. They were mostly packaged a certain way, as far as EX, LX, DX, and there wasn't much variation between them. Not many choices. Toyota in contrast was option heavy. My brother-in-law and I both had the same Toyota SR5 Truck, and there were some options my truck had (bucket seats, alarm system, chrome fender flares etc.) that his did not. But his truck had some things my truck didn't, like a power antenna, and leather seats,, so it was hit and miss. I guess if both trucks had every option available, the price would have been as high as a Lexus.

I do think before you buy a car, you should get a list of every option the car does, or does not have. I wonder if a dealership would give you such a list, if you asked for it? Unfortunately, they would probably have to pass a law to make it happen, and for it to be legally binding..
  • goldmembergoldmember Member Posts: 19
    I'm just wondering if this transmission option is still available for 2010? My wife owns a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L with a 5 spd manual. I'm just not having any luck finding this same model for 2010.
  • goldmembergoldmember Member Posts: 19
    That's because they don't make them. You can only get a manual in the LX and EX sedan for 2010. No EX-L and no LX-P. And none at all in the V6 sedan.

Check out Honda's website and build one: Build your Accord Sedan

Same with the coupe, although you can get a manual with the V6.

Sad day indeed. :cry:
    IMHO, this is the crux of the issue here -- namely that we buyers really can't make an accurate determination as to what features we have or don't have unless we thoroughly inspect our cars BEFORE we buy them. The biggest problem with inspecting is that we don't really know what to look for. Apparently Honda has no problem deleting things from their cars, and adding others, without bothering to document the changes, or even inform their dealers.

I'm only speaking for myself, but this type of under-the-table business approach makes ne uneasy.

Almost as uneasy as Toyota trying to hide all their defects. LOL! :confuse:
    And none at all in the V6 sedan.

The 7th gen V6 Sedan didn't have a manual until 06 (the 03-05 V6 Sedan didn't), so maybe the 2011 V6 Sedan will have the 6 speed.
    so maybe the 2011 V6 Sedan will have the 6 speed.

Knowing the Gen 7 history, I was hoping for that but with the current trend of leaving them off the higher trimlines, I highly doubt it. It would also mean dropping the VCM in the V6 and I don't see that happening either. I wouldn't mind being wrong in this case though. :)
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Honda never published sales/production figures for the '06-'07 EX-L V6 6MT 4-door (to the best of my knowledge). But I've heard from numerous sources (a few of them reliable) that the 6MT version of the 4-door failed to meet sales projections by quite a bit.

With the 5MT versions of the Accord EX-L 2.4 4-door and LX-P 4-door being discontinued this year, the chances of them adding to a V6 model are almost nonexistent. :cry: Even worse, the Accord isn't the only Honda model that had some trim levels lose the MT option! The Civic EX-L Coupe & Sedan (with or w/o Nav) and the Civic EX Coupe & Sedan w/ Nav are now automatic-only. The Fit Sport w/ Nav is also automatic-only...

The only way to get a manual transmission and navigation system in the same car is the Civic Si Coupe & Sedan or Accord EX-L V6 Coupe. The only way to get manual transmission and leather in the same car is in the Accord EX-L V6 Coupe with or w/o Nav...
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    I see a lot of posts about people wanting manual transmissions. But it seems less and less people are actually buying them. :confuse: The dealerships don't want them, because they sit on the lot too long. And Honda isn't going to build cars dealerships can't sell. People used to buy manuals, because they were more fuel efficient, and had lower sticker prices. That just isn't true anymore. Some automatics get better mileage than their manual counterparts, and a manual tranny cost just as much as an automatic now. No advantage, no sales.
    Agree about MTs. We bought a new 2008 Civic Si Sedan with the 6-speed tranny. Turned out that neither the wife nor I cared to drive the stick much. We traded it in with only 3300 miles on our new 2010 Accord EX-L V6 with automatic. We like the Accord MUCH better.
  • serenity185serenity185 Member Posts: 22
    Hello,

I'm currently in the market for a new vehicle and have the 2010 Honda Accord on my list of cars to consider.

Before test-driving, I was wondering how you feel about the 2 four-cylinder models. I've always read how refined the 4-cylinder is on previous Accords, but one thing that surprised me was that a couple of reviews said how loud the 177 hp version is and that the 190 hp version is considerably more refined.

Power is no issue for me, but is the base 4 cylinder really not as refined as it was in the last generation Accord? I was just curious since I don't think I have the budget to step up to the EX to get the 190 hp version.

Thanks!
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    My first Honda - a 2003 Accord LX 4 cylinder was quite refined and powerful in my opinion. My mother purchased a 2008 Accord LX-P upon introduction of the new generation with the 177hp engine.

I have rode in it a few times and can truthfully say during cruising and light acceleration it is just as refined if not more than my 160hp 2003 model.

Only under hard acceleration does it sound slightly less refined than the previous generation 4.

My second Honda was a 2008 Accord EX coupe with the 190hp engine, and as the reviews state it is a bit more refined, but not enough to justify the price increase in my opinion.

Give them both a try and I think you'll agree... Good luck!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I've driven both versions of the 2.4L 4-cylinder (177hp and 190hp) and found them both to be quiet and very refined, just as Accord engines have always been! Actually, the 190hp engine in the EX models is simply a slightly tweaked version of the 177hp standard engine with a less restrictive exhaust setup. Neither engine should have any noise. refinement or performance issues! Both versions are even rated to have the same fuel economy- 22mpg city and 31mpg highway. :)

There are two trim levels that come with the 177hp engine- the LX and LX-P (P=Premium). The LX-P adds the following features to the standard LX model:

16" alloy wheels (base LX has 16" steel wheels with plastic wheel covers)
    Security system
    8-way Power Driver's Seat
    Chrome exhaust tip finisher
    Auto Up/Down for Driver & Passenger Windows
    Illuminated Window Switches

The LX-P is priced $1,000 above the regular LX model with automatic transmission. It's well worth it, in my personal opinion! The wheels look much nicer than the standard plastic wheel covers and the security system will get you a discounted insurance rate with most major insurance companies. The power seat and other minor upgrades are also nice features.

I also suggest taking a look at the following competitors before making a final decision-

2010 Mazda6 i Touring
    2010 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder
    2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4-door
    2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.4L
    2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS

They are all very competitive and currently sell for significantly less than the Accord LX-P and/or they have more features & better warranty coverage! For example, both Hyundai Sonata models have a 60-month/60,000-mile Basic Warranty, 10-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty & 5-year/Unlimited mileage roadside assistance. The Accord has 3-year/36,000-mile Basic and 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain coverage. The 2010 Sonata Limited has Heated, leather seats, Infinity 7-speaker/6CD/360W audio system, Moonroof, 17" alloy wheels, automatic climate control and gets slightly better highway mileage than the Accord.

You can't go wrong with Accord, but it's wise to explore all your options before making a final decision. Note- the Accord will have a higher residual value than any of the cars above (or any other mid-size, for that matter). If you don't plan to keep the car for at least three or more years, the Accord will retain the highest percentage of original value...
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • imscfimscf Member Posts: 34
    I have received a "safety accord recall" concerning 2008-2010 hondas. It states that if I have a 'Honda Genuine accessory nose mask," I should remove the nose mask immediately and make an appointment with the dealer to replace it.
    I don't know what a "Honda Genuine accessory nose mask" is, and where to find it. The recall letter does not specify.
    Please help. Thanks
  • rar1rar1 Member Posts: 2
  • rar1rar1 Member Posts: 2
    I am purchasing an 2010 Accord EX-L. It does not have a spoiler. Does anyone know if that is suppose to be standard with this model and trim. Thanks.
  • serenity185serenity185 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks very much! I just thought it was odd how Consumer Guide said in 2007 how great the four cylinder was and how they were a little disappointed in it in the 2010 review despite it being the same engine. Despite the nice upgrades the LX-P has, my budget is still fairly tight, so I'm not sure if I'll pay the extra $1,000 for that model. I'm coming out of a 1998 Dodge Neon with manual windows and locks, so I'm pretty impressed with all of the standard equipment on the LX.

And igozoomzoom, great minds must think alike because the other two cars I'm looking at are on your list- the 2010 Ford Fusion SE 4 cylinder (with Sync) and the 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4 cylinder. I'll probably keep the car for four years at most, so resale may be fairly important, but Hyundai's warranty may tip the balance in its favor in the end. I guess I'll see what I think after the test drives.

Again, thanks for the input. I'll have to post my review in the midsize thread when I get a chance to test drive the cars.
    I don't know what a "Honda Genuine accessory nose mask" is, and where to find it.

You can look at the accessories on Honda's website or see it on HandA's site at the link below. It is a vinyl covering that fits over the front of the car. You may have seen them referred to as bras.

Nose Mask on HaA
    Does anyone know if that is suppose to be standard with this model and trim.

Accords do not come with spoilers. Of course, you are buying one without so I'm guessing that is obvious. ;)

You can have your dealer install one. They have two kinds: A wing and deck lid version. You can check them out here (and the previous poster can also see the nose mask at the same link): Accord Sedan Accessories
  • imscfimscf Member Posts: 34
    Thank you. It turns out that this is one of the items the dealer was trying heavily to get me to get on my leased car. (I turned down all of them.)
  • bella2010bella2010 Member Posts: 3
    What is the going prices for 2010 Accord LX or LX-P automatic for Southern California area?
    Hi, bella... You might have better luck checking out the forum below.

Accord Prices Paid & Buying Experience
  • bella2010bella2010 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!
    I appreciate your help.
  • dgs4dgs4 Member Posts: 66
    So 9 pages worth of posts on the 2010 and not one person stopped to answer the question asked by the person who started this whole thread in the first place. What is wrong with you people? You just go on and on about little crap that only someone who is extremely anal retentive would care about yet you can't take a second to help this guy with his question about a USB port on the 2010 Accord?

To answer your question, as a new 2010 Accord EX-L 6-speed coupe owner, no, frustratingly there is no USB port on the 2010 models. Only an AUX port in the center console, which is just a bizarre omission to me. The Fit, Honda's cheapest model gets a USB port, but the Accord EX-L which is the flagship model in the Accord line doesn't? I have no answer for that one.
    I also just realized the question about a USB port was asked a year ago, so it's probably a safe assumption he has already gotten an answer to his question. Still, it's ridiculous with all of the posts after his no one bothered to give him an answer. Instead we get six pages of bitching about no glove box lighting on the 2010 models? Some people need to get a life.
  • mbusuttilmbusuttil Member Posts: 11
    I have the 09 Accord ES GT and i have tthe USB in the middle compartment near the AUX.
    I don't know what the ES GT model is, but it's not a model sold in the states and here in America no model Accord comes with a USB port.
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Member Posts: 24
    I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2010 model. But, I do like the rear AC vents though. ;)
    OMG. I as thinking this also. All these customers with break issues that could affect your safety and Honda gives this guy a "light" that barely does anything at night (I certainly can't see with it)? What's up with that crap? lol Someone has their priorities all screwed up! :P
    Hmm. My '09 EX-L V6 doesn't have an engine cover.
    Hmm. My '09 EX-L V6 doesn't have an engine cover.
    I have it in my EX-L V6. Wasn't on my option list.
    But, aren't the headlamp projectors better on the coupe than the sedan? They look like my old xenon lights on my saab. I know they're not xenon. but they have that "bubble" look.
    So you got the light but no wiring to make it work?
  • rt4rt4 Member Posts: 13
    Sorry to intrude on this forum, but could someone please direct me to "noise control" issues with late model Accords. I am talking specifically about road noise intruding into the cabin. I have a 2007 Pilot at the present , and will probably buy a new 2010 Accord, but want to address the road noise immediately.
    Thanks for the help!
  • choppedntubbedchoppedntubbed Member Posts: 39
    Honda Accords are known for having high levels of road noise in the cabin, and the 2010 is no exception. It's a small price to pay for an awesome car. If this is something that bothers you, I suggest you take the 2010 off your list of possible new cars to consider. :shades:
    edited April 2010
    If you find the road noise too intrusive (we did), you do have an option besides taking the Accord off your list. However, it won't be cheap.

The answer is to have your new Accord insulated with a material like Dynamat (do a Google search) or a similar product. This is what car stereo stores use to insulate vehicles when a big sound system is installed. The cost of labor will far exceed the cost of the materials though, as the car interior needs to be almost completely stripped out--the material installed--and then the interior reassembled. Many, many hours of labor if you pay someone to do it.

I had some Dynamat left over from a partial install I did on a Honda Element a couple of years ago. The Element is also a horribly noisy vehicle. I removed the Accord's rear seat bottom cushion (no easy job) and stuck the Dynamat on the floor under the seat, where Honda put virtually no sound insulation/deadener at all. I also stuck some under the rear seat carpeting since I had access to that area with the cushion removed. Still having a bit left, I removed the trunk liner in the center of the trunk and the spare tire and completely covered the spare tire well and all other accessible sheet metal I could get to. Again, Honda did not apply any insulation in the trunk area at all. It's no wonder the car was noisy. All this took about three (3) hours to do, and is only a small fraction of the car that could be done.

The result? The Dynamat reduced the noise to a tolerable level. Perfect? Heck no, but a lot better than it was. I'm sure with another $150 worth of Dynamat and several days of work, I could quiet the car down to the level of a Lexus or Acura. The inside of the doors and the rest of the floor need to be done, which means removal of the front seats and all the carpet--a MAJOR job indeed.

My guess is that it would cost at least $1000 to have a stereo shop do the work, maybe a bit less, or a whole lot more. And, this may affect the warranty if it could be claimed that installation of the material caused some failure to occur.

Maybe it would be easier to simply look for a quieter car. We like our Accord, but it's unlikely we would ever buy another one. ;)
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I have an '05 Honda Accord EX-L. Isn't it a shame that you would have to go to those lengths to get the cabin quietened down? How much would it cost Honda to do the same thing? It would be a small amount per vehicle. They have to know about the noise complaint.
  • rt4rt4 Member Posts: 13
    Appreciate your comments concerning my question on road noise. I figured there was some kinda fix, but what you describe is indeed time consuming and costly. Do believe I'll keep my '07 Pilot another year. It has 62,000 miles and is running great!
    The Accords are a very good car, but will pass for now.
    Thanks,
    rt4
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Does anyone know if Honda addressed this problem from the 2008 model? Specifically, when the a/c is engaged, the headlights dim briefly, something akin to a flicker. When I first saw this, I thought I was seeing things. Dealer said it is normal, but no other car I've had ever did that!