Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

my 2002 dodge 2500 cummins dually question yes 2500

jdscj8jdscj8 Member Posts: 1
I have a 2002 dodge 2500 cummins dually yes 2500, that the dealer put on when it was new. They added the 1 ton springs duals front hubs everything. my ? is what ratings do i go by for towing. I have a 30ft gooseneck trailer that weighs 13000lb with horses hay and all the other crap. I never had any problems with it but would like to know if im over weight. Someone took off the sticker with all weights. Anyone that might have a clue on this thing please let me know. thanks

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Adding dual rear wheels to a 2500 is strictly cosmetic. It costs the truck about 600-700 pounds in lost payload, and functionally only adds the training-wheel effect for handling. A 3500 also has different brake rotors than a 2500, in expectation of the larger loads.

Even though the springs were changed, the manufacturer's build label is still what a police officer or DOT/DMV inspector will go by - you are limited to those numbers, regardless of how you modify the truck. To be perfectly honest, if the manufacturer's build label was missing, I never would have purchased that truck (it's a federal crime to remove or deface it) - that's a red flag to a police officer that the vehicle was either stolen or a victim of VIN "identity theft". It's in your best interest to have the truck's identity verified, and if anything is questionable, contact an attorney regarding how to handle it.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • barney6barney6 Member Posts: 1
    I have no right turn signal out of trailer plug. I have run the wires all the way to the fuse box under the hood. No 12 volt on the right turn, and that means no brake lite on the right. I can hear a signal clicker running under fuse panel. The turn signals work on the truck.
    So far Dodge has been no help. I ran 12 volt into trailer and it works fine.HELP
  • foulballfoulball Member Posts: 1
    I have a dana 80 4.10 dually 4wd that is bent and I was needing some help to see if can swap it for a 97 dana 80 4.10 dually 2wd. My 01 is a limited slip would it be possible to change out gear set to the 97 if i wanted the limited slip. Does anybody know what the difference between these axle assemblies and what mods I would need to do to make this work. Thanks and GOD Bless!