Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 CRV Dog Ramp

lascottcalascottca Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Honda
Hi: Looking for a dog ramp to help my older dog get out of the suv. Would appreciate any ideas on a ramp thats a good fit for a 2007 CRV. Thanks Lawrence

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Wouldn't it be easier to just pick the dog up and put in the CR-V if the dog is old and can't jump on its own?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't know about the OP, but some owners are older too, or have bad backs and can't pick up bigger dogs. Why do you think they sell ramps anyway?
    The tiny dogs in the picture for the ramp posted on here couldn't have weighed more than 10 lbs.
    And some people are under doctor's orders not to pick up gallon jugs of milk.

Does make you wonder how much the ramp weighs though. :shades:

So, I guess we can scratch you off the list of helpful suggestions for ramps eh?
    So, I guess we can scratch you off the list of helpful suggestions for ramps eh?

I am a cat person anyway. Dogs are messy, smelly, needy, and quite um.... un-smart. :surprise:
    One of my cats helps me with my oil changes.

This could turn out worse than the Ford/Chevy, Mac/Windows wars..... :shades:
    One of my cats helps me with my oil changes.

This could turn out worse than the Ford/Chevy, Mac/Windows wars.....

Cute. I had a picture somewhere of my cat inspecting my roof rack installation for proper bolt tightness.

Ford/Chevy - neither. Honda

Mac/Windows - neither, Linux.

At this clip we can solve all of the world's problems by the weekend. :P
  • doggrandmadoggrandma Member Posts: 144
    I bought a ramp for my Lab, and she is afraid of it. :( We're going to try again, when we get a more pet-friendly vehicle.

Does the CRV have a trailer hitch attachment? There is also a product that looks really good that is a platform that slides into the hole where a trailer would go.

http://www.ottostep.com/
This discussion has been closed.