Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe iPod/iPhone Questions

keyfekeyfe Member Posts: 2
Looking to buy a 2009 Santa Fe Limited with Nav.
NOBODY know if there is a way to connect an Ipod to the system...
I am frustrated and amazed that I get so many different answers... Even Hyundai Corporate cant answer my question..
I get told I just order the "IC" cable option port installed.
Others tell me it cant be done.
HELP!

Comments

• jasenj1jasenj1 Member Posts: 1
    Then the people you're talking to don't know their own product very well. The 2009 Santa Fe book clearly states that iPod connectors are standard on all Santa Fe models. There is a connector down next to the cigarette lighter.

The 2008 models did not have this standard.
  • keyfekeyfe Member Posts: 2
    Not so,
    When you spec the Nav that connector is removed.
  • platzapplatzap Member Posts: 1
    This seems to be an area of chronic misinformation - I dont seem to be able to get a consistent answer to the question: Can I have Navigation package AND IPOD connection in an new 2010 Hyundai Sante Fe?

Ultimately, if I could actually find a Sante Fe limited with Nav installed on anybody's lot, then I could confirm one way or the other.

SO...anybody out that know FOR SURE....IPOD plus Nav on 2010 Sante Fe?????
  • kcj001kcj001 Member Posts: 2
    I know I saw ipod on 2010 Santa Fe at the auto show, but I just picked up my 2009 Santa Fe at the dealership yesterday and they said with nav you can NOT add ipod/iphone. I figure between the map and xm on the car I no longer need to plug in the iphone. Have to go back to power adapter charging though.
  • bugplaybugplay Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2010
    I just purchased a 2010 Santa Fe GLS AWD with Navigation and there definitely is an ipod port in the console...you just need a $35 adapter to hook it up to the combo USB/AUX jack. For some strange reason, you just can't hook it up using the USB cable alone. But the cool thing is that the head unit can control the iPod.
  • sfgijoe08sfgijoe08 Member Posts: 2
    Hello I bought a 2008 Hyundai santa fe SE. It did not come with the IPod/Iphone Interface and i had try the Ipod kit that use radio frequency thur listen to music and i did not like the way it sound so i went out and bought the PAC iPod/iPhone and Auxiliary Audio Input Interface with HD Radio™ Option for Hyundai Santa fe. I shop around for places to install it and they are out there and can install it however i'm a techie guy so i was up for the challenge and it really was not as hard to install the company i bought it from sent me picture diagram on how to remove the stereo and to install the interface that will allow me to control my Ipod/Iphone thur the stereo and steeringwheel. The Company is Crutchfield and it was the cheapest online. One note: is I have an Iphone 3Gs and what i have notice compare to the Ipod. while plug in is that the Iphone will not charge however the Ipod will and from what i read there no ipod/iphone kit out there that will charge the iphone while playing music. the Install took about 1hour an half and very happy. any question email me.(zandergh@hotmail.com)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    edited March 2010
    any question email me

Let's keep the discussion here so everyone will benefit.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • purplehaze86purplehaze86 Member Posts: 4
    I recently got the iPhone 4. And for about a week or two the iPod dock connector had worked with the iPhone 4 allowing it to play the music.

Now when I plug my iPhone in it just keeps trying to connect. The bluetooth phone works. I just cannot get it to play music.

Any ideas?
  • rakdakrakdak Member Posts: 1
    A little more info please I was told NO dealer aftermarket for my 08 Santa Fe.
    Crutchfield part # if known
    Is there an install manual available before I jump into this project? unless you have a .pdf available.....

But, I was told aftermarket install voids the warranty. True? But the dealer will recommend someone (my kid had a local install a sweet Gps/etal on his Charger which Dodge honors). I don't know what to believe.
    I have some tech ability (mostly Ford and GM for decades) what are we changing: wiring harnesses?

A little more grit in the 'severe service' maintenance schedule. I have 60k on my '08. Some think that's severe but in Chicago, we all must comute 30-40mis each way to work. 80 mi per day plus errands and weekends - I don't think 600mi/week is unreasonable. I was told I am on the 'Severe" schedule (ok with those miles + hot/cold sh** weather)
    And I never had a prob with the S F (no jinx) NONE. But on all the Chevys and Fords, I never changed trans fluid til 75k mis. Only blew up 2 trans out of 18 vehicles - all with over 100k on them.
    30k fluid change on the Santa Fe. With syn fluid? Are they that weak? Does anyone know how much they charge to change? I think my dealer wants about $400 for the 60k check up. WOW!
  • dvdjl99dvdjl99 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of any device I could use (other than the fm transmitter), where I could install n aux port? I can't beleive that this is so difficult...
  • denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    As I've said before, my preferred method is something like the Scosche FM-MOD01, which does work like the FM transmitter units, but has the advantage of injecting the signal between the antenna and the radio, rather than depending on radiating the signal. The advantage is that the signal goes directly into the radio, rather than depending on the signal reaching the rear mounted antenna. Because the Santa Fe's antenna is on the rear of the vehicle, depending on a modulator isn't a good idea. Direct injection works much better.

Of course, a dedicated "aux" input would be better, but that's another story. ;)
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Go get a Sony MEX-BT3800, cost you about $250 installed. I have one, and it is a great cel phone interface over Bluetooth (with an external Mic), AND allows streaming Bluetooth from my iPod or Blackberry, AND iPod wired interface that charges, and allows browsing from either Sony or iPod. Oh, and this unit sounds great as well. If I end up getting a Santa Fe, the Sony is going in.
  • sir_timbitsir_timbit Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2011
    Hey there,

Just picked up a 2011 Santa Fe and very happy with it so far. Our model has the USB/Ipod port and our Ipod works great. The display shows the title, playlists, artist, etc. But one thing it does NOT show is podcasts. It seems like an odd oversight. Anyone else notice this? How do you get it to select podcasts? yes, I read the manual. It didn't really say anything specific other than not mentioning podcasts at all.
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    I see the same thing. I've overcome this by creating a Playlist is iTunes, and calling it Mobile Podcast. I put all my podcasts into it, and now I'm set.

Podcasts are a great thing.
  • sir_timbitsir_timbit Member Posts: 39
    Yep, I ended up doing the same thing. No big deal.

At least Hyundai (and certainly Ford) get this. When we were cross-shopping the Santa Fe against a Toyota RAV4, we were surprised to find a USB connection for an iPod wasn't even available. Same with Mazda--they're still trying to push a 6-CD changer! At least they offer an Ipod adapter cable, but it's pricey and doesn't display the text in playlists, song titles, etc. So you really have no way of knowing what playlist to select if you have hundreds of songs.
  • ahoneahone Member Posts: 1
    The Forum comments refer to iPods in general terms. Will the dealer's connection kit work in my 2010 Santa Fe with a first generation iPod Touch? More specifically, will it show playlist, artist and track information on the vehicle's display? And can I select playlist/music on my iPod using the vehicle's controls without having to pick up the device itself?
  • irishcaseyirishcasey Member Posts: 36
    Hi Eco,

Hoping you can help me. I have a 09 Veracruz and my ipod classic works great for the music. Shows playlists, genre, albums, etc. on the in dash radio. However I tried your suggestions regarding setting up a playlist and copying my podcasts into the playlist via itunes and then syncing to your ipod and I can't get the playlist to show up on my ipod classic. I know I should probably be in an apple forum!! but thought you might be able to help. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.