Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Can not find rear wheel bearings

erin38_1999erin38_1999 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 2005 Chevy Aveo, It has been a piece of crap sence we got it. It was advertised that it would get 40 miles to the gallon, we get maybe 20mpg. The alarm goes off all the time when it is raining, the tires keep going bald, we have had the allignment checked and found not problem.
It shakes and shutters at times do not know why.
And now the rear wheel bearing is gone in it, it sounds like your riding in and airplane. I have tried to find a new bearing but I can not find one, all I get is a listing for the front. I have called all the auto parts stores and they don't have a listing either, but they say it takes a different bearing then the front, if it does why is there no listing for a rear wheel bearing? can someone help? is there 2 different bearings or does it take the same bearing front and back?

Comments

• pawneezrpawneezr Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem, It's my right back bearing and no one knows how to get one.... Like you said, Every place online shows that they have the front and not the back... I'm thinking that maybe the back bearings come pre installed in the drums.. But I'm call a real chevy place in the morning to find out for sure... Discount didn't have any info for me.... There is a place where I live that's a bearing shop and they can stick one in there that's universal.... But once I find out some info I'll send you a message, That's if you haven't found out yet.... It has been sense May that you posted this message...
  • erin38_1999erin38_1999 Member Posts: 3
    I found one at a salvage yard. They sold me the whole unit including the brakes for 75 dollars. It's worth looking into. some yards even deliver.
    I also got an email from gmac, here it is. The bearing is 68 dollars through them.
    Hi Juli,
    Here is the part number you requested.

94535214 Rear wheel bearing; includes seal.

You can go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com on our home page you will have to enter your part number into the SEARCH space provided on our homepage. You will then have to add this number to your shopping cart and click check out to see total charges with shipping and handling delivered to your door.

If you have a question regarding this email please include all contents of this email, including the original email you sent, so we can keep track of the conversation. Please keep in mind gmpartsdirect.com cannot be held responsible for incorrect part numbers. Please feel free to validate the accuracy with your local dealer. As a note, special order and electrical parts are non-returnable so please verify your part numbers are correct.

Email response hours are from 9 to 6 est, Mon to Fri. Orders and emails after 3 pm Friday est. will not be processed until Monday.
  • mhikermhiker Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my 05. I had to buy the bearings directly from the deal and then had them press my old ones out and the new ones in. Some dealers said they wouldn't do that for me but I found one that did. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.