Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Acura MDX

Comments

• Options
    trainerjoeltrainerjoel Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote after negotiations 44,600 for MDX 2010 tech with rear dvd system,
    Is that a good deal ?
    Should I go with it? I am supposed to sign the papers tomorrow morning the 25th of Jan.

Give me your thoughts thanks.
  • Options
    igiban1igiban1 Member Posts: 24
    For those who got Tech or above pack, do you feel that the ELS audio is really that superior than base? Anyone did a comparison? I sat on a tech and listened briefly to FM radio and it's nothing that special. I did not test base audio. I listened to ELS on old TL once (05 or 06) and it's pretty good. I'd think new MDX's be even better but is it?
  • Options
    carrera993carrera993 Member Posts: 26
    Keyless start is something I miss from by BMW (my 535 had "Comfort Access) and I got pretty used to it. But it is not a big deal and so far I like my 2010 MDX Tech a lot.
  • Options
    carrera993carrera993 Member Posts: 26
    I haven't done a comparison, but I wouldn't expect the sound difference to be that dramatic with standard FM music. I got the tech more for all the other goodies than for the ELS system. I mostly listen to sports talk and music on my iPhone. As an aside, the iPod integration is as easy as it can get.
  • Options
    buyusedbuyused Member Posts: 11
    I have an '08 Sport with the ELS and it's a fantastic sound system. Elliot Schyner really did a nice job with the multi-channel arrangement. This comes from the guy who's stereo was worth more than his car until I graduated from college and got a real job. The base stereo, which I had in my previous TL, was pretty good, but not near this ELS. The THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) is relatively low which allows you to turn it up quite loud without it hurting your ears. However; it will really only move you if you are a music enthusiast, otherwise I wouldn't sweat the decision.
    One complaint: there are a lot of acoustic "decisions" to me made during set up, and no quick way to switch to another format for different kinds of music and talk. The Dolby Pro Logic II function is pretty neat, but I honestly can't decide whether or not I want it switched on or not as it sounds great either way. Bottom line: if you're into simplicity, skip it. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    fumdxfumdx Member Posts: 7
    That's pretty reasonable pricing. Good luck.
  • Options
    tradertim9tradertim9 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for the same deal. Can you share where you got your quote?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    At Paragon Acura, Queens, NY
    Good luck, its arriving tomorrow woooohoooo lol
  • Options
    texashosertexashoser Member Posts: 14
    When trying to play songs on my iPhone 3g via the USB connector, I encounter the following scenario. If I start the MDX with the iPhone plugged into the car, the audio starts playing, but as soon as the 'USB load' message appears, the audio stops and will not resume. Turning off/on the stereo, switching to another song does nothing. The only way to get the audio to sound through the speakers again is to unconnect/reconnect the iPhone to the USB adapter.

The same thing happens if I plug in the iPhone after the car is started. Everything is normal, except no audio until I plug in the iPhone a second time.

This does *not* happen when my iPhone is plugged into other vehicles.

Also of note, the above doesn't happen when using my wife's second generation iPod. Everything works has expected.

iPhone is running latest software.
  • Options
    kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    According to acura website. acura mdx required octane 91 or higher..mdx have high compression ratio..

I have 2010 honda pilot ex-l 4wd.. the car required octane 87 or higher.. But I always use octane 91 chevron..

If you are concern about gas price, you should get a pilot...
  • Options
    brian30brian30 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone hearing any issues or problems with the latest model MDX? Plenty of transmission problems with older models. Were these fixed?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Have a look at Acura MDX Transmission Problems.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    When this happens, go into the iPod on your iPhone and change the audio from handsfree link to dock connector.
    For some reason the iPhone tries to switch to bluetooth audio, even though the iPhone can't stream bluetooth audio.
    I don't think there is a fix for this at this time, at least not one I have found.
  • Options
    martinezmdxmartinezmdx Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue. Will try geekma's suggestion tomorrow and see if that works. Hopefully that's all it will take. Otherwise everything works great.
  • Options
    thaomytthaomyt Member Posts: 1
    is the a fair deal?
    08 MDX Sport package with 9K miles for $38,000, not certified
    how much can we offer for the 2010 base MDX or technology package. the MSRP are $43K & $46K
    thanks
  • Options
    stantonb1stantonb1 Member Posts: 51
    Was able to purchase a 09 MDX with technology package and only 12K for $36,500. Vehicle was listed at Manheim Auto Auction and is not certified. MDX is black on black, it is nice. Gone over by our mechanic who rates it excellent. Told MDX came off lease because of default. Wife loves this vehicle, she says it has everything.
  • Options
    ddosaddosa Member Posts: 1
    Please be weary....We picked up our Tech package last week and it has already been into the service department twice for major transmission problems. After 50 miles, the transmission light came on and the car started to lurch forward as it switched between 1st and 2nd gear. They flushed the transmission and "fixed the problem"---THree days and 100 miles later it started again--Now all I get is perplexed looks from the dealership. I've asked for a new car and they've all but laughted at me. Maybe they realize that another MDX is just as much a piece of junk as the next car.... Well the joke is on me----50K buys you a piece of XXXX and a lot of headaches. DON"T BUY AN ACURA!
  • Options
    The Lemon law should apply to you. I bought my acura 4 weeks ago and I am very happy with it, not a single problem yet.
    You could get a full refund if the same problem happens 3 times during the first 3 years. so save your receipts you will most likely get a new car or money back.
  • Options
    jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    I've had mine a couple of weeks. It is a tech package and was built in January. So far so good. It runs really well. I only have about 500 miles on it but everything seems good.
  • Options
    vbinncvbinnc Member Posts: 3
    Quote from jvette - "I've had mine a couple of weeks. It is a tech package and was built in January."

Can you please tell how one can tell the build date of an MDX? I can not find that information anywhere. I appreciate any help.

vbinnc
  • Options
    Look on the drivers door frame. there is a sticker towards the bottom at the back.
  • Options
    txpackersfantxpackersfan Member Posts: 27
    I finally got a chance to test drive the MDX with the technology package. It's a very nice vehicle. I especially liked the seats. I was surprised how comfortable they were.

I did have a few concerns and wonder if others have seen these issues and how they dealt with them.

1. The dead pedal seems too close to the drivers seat. I only had about 10 minutes driving it so maybe I didn't get everything adjusted the best. I'm 6'-1" and adjust the seat all the way back in every vehicle I've driven. I'm pretty sure I did the same thing in the MDX, but my left leg just wasn't stretched out the way I like. Any other tall people out there have a similar experience?

2. The exterior mirrors are tinted blue. The salesman said that's to minimize glare at night. Maybe it's something I could get used to, but every time I looked at the mirrors I focused more on the color than objects in the mirror I was trying to see. I also found it harder to see things in the mirrors than on a standard mirror. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks.
  • Options
    texashosertexashoser Member Posts: 14
    Hmm, the iPhone very much can stream bluetooth audio.

The other fix is simply to unplug the iPhone from the USB connector and reconnect.

Acura is aware of the issue, but they don't have a solution either - they simply blame the iPhone software...
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    I'm leaning toward calling BS to your story. Did you call Acura Corporate? The dealership refuses to do anything on a car with 150 miles? You may or may not have gotten a lemon which has happened w/ every car make and you're telling everyone that Acura is a piece of poo and don't buy one? You're not convincing me, sorry.
  • Options
    buyusedbuyused Member Posts: 11
    As an owner 5 Acura vehicles spanning 22 years, I'll go ahead and second that motion. BS is an understatement; I would guess that about 99.99% of Acura buyers/loyalists would feel the same way. If that 0.01% is worth your time, then more power to you. Darwinism suggests that those folks would be more appropriately served in a Toyota product anyway.
  • Options
    lhhlhh Member Posts: 35
    hi, all, i have a 21010 tech (no problems with it, by the way) that i bought a couple of months ago. i've noticed that occasionally when i open the car, all four windows and the sky roof opens about two inches or so. the car is so "smart" that i'm wondering if i am somehow telling it to do this? maybe it's some feature?
    sorry for the this stupid question!
    lhh
  • Options
    smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    not 100% sure about the MDX, but I know on my TL that if you hold down the unlock button too LONG on the keypad that all the windows and moon roof begin opening; it's a feature that is suppose to be use like in June, July, and August when it is ungodly hot outside and your car was sitting outside in the sun all day, your suppose to hold the unlock button so all the windows and that open so that when you get to the car some of the heat will have dissipated out of the car!

all you have to make sure is you just click the unlock button once and let go immediately, that opens the driver door [or] if your with passengers, click the unlock button quick a second time to open the other 3 doors!!

hope that clarifies it for you! enjoy your MDX, its a great vehicle! :shades:
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    "hi, all, i have a 21010 tech"

Wow, did you go for the hyper drive and plasma blaster options? :P

But seriously, what smarty said, If you hold down the unlock button the windows and SR open. On a related note, If you put the key in the drivers side slot and hold it to the lock postion all the windows and SR will close.
  • Options
    lhhlhh Member Posts: 35
    hi, smarty666 and upstate doc....oops, yes, i guess i did get an extra "one" in the year there! see, i knew this was something that i was "telling" the car to do...you are absolutely right about holding the open button down and that opening the windows a bit...maybe i will appreciate this feature come july! and that's a neat trick about putting the key in the drivers side slot and being able to close the windows that way. MUCH easier than climbing in the car and starting it. i love how smart this car is!
    lhh
  • Options
    adomahadomah Member Posts: 6
    So what's the "safe" built date range? I actually owned two 2010 MDX's in one day. I drove my first one for about 10mi and the transmission crapped out (problem switching from 1st to 2nd gear)....ermm..OK it's an Ack!ura...giving them another chance here by picking up another one. It was nice for the dealer to not forcing me fixing the "older" car. So far, no problem. I am living on the edge right now.
  • Options
    koblixkoblix Member Posts: 8
    A local Acura dealer in the Bay Area gave me a quote of $44k for the MDX model w/Technology & Entertainment Package. This will be our first Acura. Is this a good deal? Please advise.
  • Options
    drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    $43,832 - inv

$810 - dest

$44,642 - plus TTL

TMV - $46,187

Edmunds numbers using my n. cali zip.

I do not know what they actualy sell for, sorry.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • Options
    sjaievesjaieve Member Posts: 252
    edited May 2010
    I drive an Infiniti G37, Acura has never been my cup of tea. So it happened that the family has grown, and I now need more than the 5 seater sedan for the wife and kid(s). I test drove the 09 MDX and I loved it. Initially I was not happy that at that price level, the MDX did not come with kelyless start, after the test drive, that did not matter any more. I was not speeding, I am not buying it for speed, but I just appreciated the way it was built. Its truly an awesome car, its got the gadgets, the reliability, the top notch leather seats and handles like a sedan. I wanted to add a Euro badge for ego issues but the MDX makes it tough to spend a penny more for any of those cars, its simply not logical. Congratulations guys, hopefully within the next few months I should have added the 10 or 11 MDX in my garage.

I saw a blackish one the other day, its not exactly black am sure you guys know the color I am trying to refer to, man I think at that stage I just wanted to sign the papers ;)
  • Options
    acar10acar10 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Looking to lease a basic MDX in westchester, NY and been offered $489 p/m with 3,500 down. Invoice at 39,600 vs MSRP 43,000. Is this good? Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    acar10acar10 Member Posts: 4
    Steve...thanks
  • Options
    parismparism Member Posts: 5
    This error message "Check Battery Sensor" appears on my new MDX 2010 with only 3,000 miles. I checked the battery there was no corrosion.
    I took the car to the dealer and they did checkup and said the battery was OK and it is safe to drive, it might be the sensors. So they ordered the sensors. I have to wait to see if changing the sensors will solve the problem.

Anybody has similar experience? I was a bit surprised to get such a problem after just 3K miles.

thanks.
  • Options
    jayg6jayg6 Member Posts: 15
    My acura started to show the same message as well. Its only done 2K miles thus far. Wonder how widespread this problem is and if acura has a solution for this.
  • Options
    jungle3jungle3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

which dealer in the bay area gave you a deal for 44k for Tech + ENT package. I have been getting online quotes for exactly the same package and the best I have so far is $44,998

thanks
  • Options
    rainedonrainedon Member Posts: 6
    I was wondering if the price difference between the Tech and Advance is worth it. I know the added features but when I test drove the Advance trim, I didn't like the CMBS because I felt it was a little too annoying. I understand the safety aspects but I felt it was a little sensitive.

The blind spot monitor to me is in the wrong spot and should have been integrated into the mirrors. Not sure if I noticed the difference with the Active Damper System so if it isnt there, I won't miss it.

Basically, I am going with the tech package but am wondering if there is something I am missing where I should re-think the advance package.

Thanks all,
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I just bought the Advance model, which I chose mainly because during the test drives I greatly preferred the handling and "firmness" of the sport suspension. Coming off an Infinity FX45, to me there was a clear difference in the handling of the Tech vs. Advance when set to Sport. I leave it in Sport almost all the time, the only exception being when on a highway stretch where the road is really rough.

I haven't noticed the CMBS at all and hope that I never do! So it's certainly not annoying at all, but it's nice to know that it's there just in case...

I kind of agree with you on the location of the blind spot detection system. On a busy highway the light flashes constantly and you especially notice it when cars are approaching on your left. I'm learning to ignore (and trust) it except when I'm going to change lanes, then it's appreciated.

I also like the look of the 19" wheels quite a bit more than the standard 18", and lately as the weather has gotten very warm I also find myself using the ventilated cooled seats which I've never had before.

But the biggie with the Advance is the Sport setting - if you don't notice and appreciate it then you'll probably want to opt for the Tech Pkg. and save some money.

JB
  • Options
    baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    had a GMC Acadia which was totaled in a highway accident two weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out whether to buy or lease another Acadia or buy a foreign car.

My husband has an '08 MDX and loves it. I've been driving it recently and also like it a lot. I'm considering buying a 2010 MDX in a different color than he has.

Would it be strange to have two of the same car in the family since it's the same basic body style?

The other considerations are cargo space and third row space. We have two teens and the Acadia definitely has more room and a better third row (even though we don't us it a lot.) The third row on the MDX is good for 5 year olds and that's about it!
  • Options
    jack3636jack3636 Member Posts: 2
    When pricing a 2010 MDX, do not assign any value to the nav system. We have the 2010 MDX Tech and have a few friends and relatives with the same car. We all love the way it drives and handles, but the nav system is completely useless. So you will end up buying a Garmin for actual navigation while the built in system sits there spitting out worthless information.

Everyone I speak to who has an MDX (and they all love the cars) has horrible problems with the nav systems. For example, insert a store name (say "Target" or "Sears") and up pops a location from 2000 miles away!!! It is not that important where the Target in Seattle Washington is located when you reside in Florida. I have the list of all Starbucks locations in Riverside, California, but since we live in Atlanta, that is pretty useless. Any word on when Acura is going to address this defect?
  • Options
    Thanks JB. We will do the MDX Advance if we can get a decent deal on it. Otherwise, the price difference of around $3k-$5k isn't worth it to us. It is nice to have all of the bells and whistles but when I test drove the Advance, the blind spot blink was absolutely maddening. I can learn to ignore it over time but I kept seeing the blinks from the corner of my eye and on highways, it was more of a factor. I am not a wheel guy but I guess 19" would be nice though not a must.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
  • Options
    AMEN! I love the NAV except for when you have to search the way you just mentioned. I have a 2007 TL with the same nav system and the same frustrations when searching for the stuff.

Sears will show up as Sears Roebuck & Co. here in Seattle. Who the heck would know to search that name?

Acura has been rated to have the best nav system from what I have read so not sure what the others are like.

The bigger issue for me is the charges for upgrade to the software every year. I know it doesn't need to be updated every year but this is 2010 so it would be nice to be able to download off the web and use in the car. I am sure it doesn't cost Acura nearly $200 to make the discs.

Aside from all this, these are still terrific cars..
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Forgot to mention too that the Adaptive Cruise Control is a very nice feature that I've quickly come to appreciate. I like the fact that you can set the distance between you and the car in front. Normally I will keep it on "1" but when towing my boat I set it on "3" to maintain a more comfortable margin. Works great!
  • Options
    I have a 2010 MDX tech and rented a Acadia a couple of weeks ago for a two week trip when we flew into Florida. I have to say I was very impressed with it. It had a bunch more room. If you haul people around that thing was great being able to move the 2nd row seats back and then you had a bunch of cargo space. I would look at it for my next suv.
  • Options
    dolphmeisterdolphmeister Member Posts: 2
    The MSRP is $48,500 but it looks like invoice is alot lower. I live in the middle of Indiana. Any idea how much I can negotiate?
  • Options
    cloviskidcloviskid Member Posts: 23
    Just read the navigation manual.

Type in, or say the name of the store, i.e. Target, then, according to the simple instructions in the manual, "If you move the Interface Dial down while the list is
    displayed, the display will switch to SORT BY DISTANCE or SORT BY NAME.

If you take the time to study the nav manual, you will find the 2010 MDX nav system to be one of the best there is with features missing on most other systems.
This discussion has been closed.