Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Reset for MPG Dash Readout

poorgirl2poorgirl2 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Lexus
I may not be doing this right, I am new to this forum. I just had (2) O2 sensors replaced because the VSC/Trac Off/check engine lights came on. I friend replaced them for me and the MPG readout is lower than before. Can anything be reset to get back to my original gas mileage? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    When you reset the readout for the cumulative MPG (AVG), it will start a new record until the next time you reset it. Press and hold the INFO button to reset it. Since that record is cumulative, it will provide an average that's cumulative and depending on your driving at the time, may take a while to build up to a usable average figure.

Hit the button momentarily again, and it will go to a different readout, such as instantaneous MPG (MPG at that moment), elapsed time, average speed, etc.

That's how it works on my RX300. A newer model may be similar.
  • Options
    jacks2jacks2 Member Posts: 45
    How long do 2010 RX350 keyless FOB batteries normally last?
  • Options
    jlp_rx300jlp_rx300 Member Posts: 1
    I don't have owners manual for my RX300 and I haven't been able to find the rear window fluid reservoir... does it work off the front one and might be plugged?
  • Options
    marqevansmarqevans Member Posts: 29
    The Lexus rx350 manual says replace tgem at 12 months.
  • Options
    toydrivertoydriver Member Posts: 227
    I don't have owners manual for my RX300 and I haven't been able to find the rear window fluid reservoir... does it work off the front one and might be plugged?

The rear window fluid reservoir works from the same one for the front. 1 fill only.
    Could be plugged or damaged.
  • Options
    jiaminjiamin Member Posts: 556
    I never replaced my 2000 (bought new) keyless battery. It still works fine.
  • Options
    marqevansmarqevans Member Posts: 29
    The 2010 is different in that it is always on and always broadcasting a signal even when you are not near the car.
  • Options
    pigdocpigdoc Member Posts: 7
    I've had my 2004 RX330 for just over a month now, and I've put 4000+ miles on it here in Iowa. Good areas include high interior quality, excellent starting in really cold weather, great traction in snow and ice, excellent dealer service, decent gas mileage (21mpg), great seats for long drives, but the rear wiper barely touches the glass. Some of the electronic gadgets could be designed better. The 'crusing range' estimate goes to zero, but when I fill it up it only takes 14.5 gallons (capacity is 18+ gallons). The 'avg MPG' info resets every time you fill up, and you can't get avg mileage for a trip, or reset the info if you want to test mpg for a part of a tank. Also, the 'elapsed time' info resets every time you restart the car (so can't use for a trip). And the controls on the steering wheel for the audio really do not do much (no seek or scan, only go from one preset station to another). The SRX I had before was much better with these items, but it was really not reliable. Overall, getting a luxury Lexus SUV with 34k miles for $24,900 was a good deal. I'll see how it goes to 75k miles, then decide on a replacement.
This discussion has been closed.