Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2003 Odyssey - Cannot Operate Doors, Gear Shift

micmoormicmoor Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda
Power doors won't operate and the car won't shift into gear, green indicator light doesn't disply on P. Happened once before, ended up setting off the alarm which somehow reset things (since I suspected it was an issue related to the factory anti-theft system) and we were back to normal. this time it's the same issue but setting off the alarm didn't reset things so we're stuck with a car that will start but not shift into gear or open the power doors. any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    flash505flash505 Member Posts: 6
    I own a 2002 Honda Odyssey with a remote control for the doors (slidind doors inclusive). Just recently the remote control stopped locking the doors but could open them. What had happened? How could I rectify this problem?
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Change the battery and see if it improves.
  • Options
    I changed the battery but it would not lock. The remote control opens the doors but could not lock them. Still waiting for suggestions.
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestion. I changed the battery it still did not lock the doors but could only open the locks. What else will I do? It is a 2002 Honda Odyssey. The remote control could open the doors but could not lock the doors. Pls help.
  • Options
    I have 2002 Honda Odyssey that has a single CD Player and has been working well. However since a week ago the player had working. It rejects cd and will show E01 when it ejects cd. The radio is working well. Can anybody suggest what is wrong?
  • Options
    What can I do to ensure that the transmission system works well always. Thank you.
  • Options
    I have a 2002 Odyssey which has a cd player that has been rejecting disc when inserted to play. The disc will be ejected and will show E01. The radio is working perfectly well. Can anybody tell me what exactly I need to do to rectify this fault. Thank you.
  • Options
    user001user001 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Odyssey with manual sliding doors. Every now and then the passenger's side sliding door will just refuse to open. I have to pull so hard on the door handle that I fear the handle will break off. But then after a few days, the problem corrects itself without my having done anything. I have put WD40 all over the sliding mechanism and the door lock with no luck. I have heard that these stuck sliding doors have been a recurring Odyssey problem. Any suggestion to fix the problem? thank you in advance for your responses,
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Honda sells shin-etsu grease - spread it on the seals occassionally and it should take care of the issue.

Google it - it's real.
This discussion has been closed.