Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost my left channel sound

triwingertriwinger Member Posts: 3
Newbie here - I have a 2003 Baja with six cd changer sound system. Sometime this last winter, I lost the sound from the left channel, (All speakers) while using both the radio and/or the cd player.

My question is, is there a fuse that could have blown or could it be something else?

I'm only starting to work on this problem so I haven't done anything as of yet because I don't know where to beging troubleshooting.

There was no warning, however, I have been known to rattle the windows with the Eagles ......

Thanks in adavance for your help.

Comments

• camaracamara Member Posts: 3
    Another newbie Baja owner here -- silver '06 Turbo -- with another audio question. I'd like to replace my factory stereo with an iPod-ready system. I'd also like for the system to have a handsfree feature for my iPhone. Any advice/recommendations? :shades:
  • triwingertriwinger Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for hyjacking my post!
  • camaracamara Member Posts: 3
    Sorry. :confuse: Don't get your panties in a bunch, Dude. I assure you it was unintentional. I'd remove it if I knew how. Sheesh. Hopefully the mods will get rid of it.

***ATTENTION TO ALL. PLEASE DISREGARD POST #2 IN THIS THREAD. THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.****
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    There isn't a separate fuse for the left/right channels in the fuse box, unless it's part of the internals of the radio itself, which I doubt.

More likely you have pinched wiring.
  • triwingertriwinger Member Posts: 3
    ateixeira,

Thanks for replying. I've narrowed it down to the front drivers door as the rear speaker on the same side works but very weakly. The pinched wire seems like a very logical place to look as this door gets 90% of the use. A pinched wire could also draw down the rear speaker? Correct?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I'd have to see a wiring diagram to be sure but that seems plausible.
  • dave0115dave0115 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an 06 with only the drivers door speaker working. What I found was the other speakers were blown (3 out of 4 go figure). I replaced them all; the sound is good.
This discussion has been closed.