Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn VUE AC and Heat Problems

Comments

• papalocopapaloco Member Posts: 1
    I currently have the same problem of cooling when going down the road, but not at idle. I have noticed that when the engine is cold and you turn on the A/C you do not hear the fans running at a high rate of speed like you do when the engine gets warm. I know my fans run at the higher speed by shutting the engine off and turning the key into the run position and listening for the fans. I have found that when I turn the A/C on that the fans are turning, but very slow. Normally these fans are controlled by the computer with several inputs to make the decision on how fast the fans are to run. I have been unsuccessful in finding out what inputs control the fans through the computer. I have had the system completely recharged and leak tested. If you have found any new info on the fix I sure would like to hear it. I can not even find a good manual on this information. If I find the solution I will post.
  • vue_chenvue_chen Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 VUE XR has the same A/C problem. It will blow warm air all the time except the first 3 or 4 min. The freon is recharged, I paid for the labor but the problem still exist.
  • sbelcher1sbelcher1 Member Posts: 2
    So my AC clutch just fell off...no reason for it...just fell off and was told that since I bought it used and the fact it is out of the bumper to bumper warranty they will do nothing to help me. So now I am looking at an $1100 repair because the parts are so hard to get and the fact that they raise the prices on the parts for mine because it is part hybrid. Not to mention that the extended warranty I bought when I bought the car won't cover the repair because it fell off and they consider that a "missing part" since I didn't notice that it fell off and I didn't stop and pick it up (and risk my life in rush hour traffic) and they don't cover missing parts. Needless to say this is probably the first and last GM vehicle I will own. Parts just shouldn't fall off your vehicle while you are driving down the road.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    sbelcher1,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Can you please email me directly with you VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response. I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    vue_chen,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Have you brought the vehicle back to the dealer to check it out? Can you please send me an email with your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • voodoogalvoodoogal Member Posts: 3
    I see this Christina person posting all the time. Has anyone actually gotten anywhere with customer service???
  • greenvuefailgreenvuefail Member Posts: 1
    Same thing with my 07' Vue... The compressor is buried below all the electrical components and is impossible to access... Good Bye GM...
  • teh0023teh0023 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased vehicle at 26k miles and a/c was not cooling well. Took it in and dealership said there were no problems with it. Three summers later, decided to get it checked again. Dealership replaced compressor and still not cooling well. They've asked me to bring it back in, so they can drive it around to re-test. I'm not confident with this dealership and can't imagine what else they can do if they've already replaced the a/c.

Please help....thank you!!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    teh0023,

If you do decide to go back to your dealership and would like for us to work alongside you and your dealer, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com:
    Your name and Edmunds username
    Phone and address
    The last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage
    The name of your involved dealership and details of your recent visit (including date, amount paid, etc).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bobbisbobbis Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 saturn vue which i bought brand new. about 2 years ago, the air stopped working. when i had it checked out the repair shop said that the compressor was just gone. Now I am looking at this web site and am seeing that there are many others with the same problem. can anyone tell me if GM is doing anything about it? I have been living without air for the last 2 summers. now the temps are too high. no matter where i go, it is 100 degrees + in the car.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the compressor/clutch if i do find the part somewhere?
  • idolmaker66idolmaker66 Member Posts: 2
    My Saturn 2005 Vue, which I have owned for a year, just disappointed me. AC was fine, turned it back on later in the day and its blowing hot. I charged the system to make sure it wasnt the refrigerant, but its still blowing hot. Why is this a cronic problem for us Saturn owners..
    idolmaker66,

I'm sorry to read about your air conditioning problem, especially during these hot summer months. Should you decide to work with a dealership to get this looked into, be sure to let us know as we're happy to be available to assist in whatever way we can.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • never_again9never_again9 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat as everyone else. AC compressor went out and everything is out of warrenty. Have an esitmate for 1000 to fix it but there is another expensive electrical problem that caused it and I can only hope that is cheaper to fix but dout it. I can say This 07 Vue greenline will be the last GM I buy too. As soon as I can pay more on my loan and may come close to breaking even its back to toyota for me!!!!
  • idolmaker66idolmaker66 Member Posts: 2
    what exactly and how can you help?
  • mandkfarmermandkfarmer Member Posts: 1
    i also have a 2009 vue with the A/C controls problem, the fan speeds work fine, trying to change the air flow from flor to defrost or thru the vents does nothing.. most of the air comes out on the floor a slight amount thru the vents and defrost..all at the same time..this is very frustrating as a 2008 Vue we had was doing the same thing.
    With the 2009, this has happened several time and seams to clear up on its own. This time it is not clearing up and we are going thru 100 deg temps. I called the Dealer today and he wants $85 an hour to pull the dash apart to investigate... I tried to explain about what was done on the previous Vue I had.. to reporgram the A/C controller.. he said he had never heard that.

Any help from GM on getting this resolved? It is an obvious issue
  • mike3483mike3483 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same exact issue. I have a 2007 Saturn Vue with less than 44,000 miles on it. The air will blow cold if you are driving at speed or keep the RPMs up but it is useless in city driving. Took it in today and got a $1200 estimate for replacing the compressor, I have to say if this is the quality that GM is going sell me I don't see myself buying any more from them. I have purchased 4 brand new GM vehicles in the last 15 years, never again.
    Good morning mandkfarmer,

If you would like for us to look into this further with you, please send the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. With this information, we will set up a Service Request and begin to evaluate the situation.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good morning mike3483,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your air compressor in your Vue. If you would like for us to look into anything, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, as well as the name of your involved dealership with a brief summary of the situation).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dee102492dee102492 Member Posts: 2
    I also have this same problem with the air conditioner, it blows out hot air, under 30 mph, which in city driving is just useless, took it to the dealer and had it checked out, and they tell me i need a new air compressor and it will cost around 1800.00. I only have 60,000 miles on this vehicle. They should really put a recall out on this, if so many other saturns are having the same issue.
  • soofia2005soofia2005 Member Posts: 2
    Caron,and/ or Sarah,
    GM Customer Service

I do have the same problems with my Saturn Vue 2005. I bought it in the summer of 2007 with 25K miles Ac was just fine. In the following winter I realized that car ( transmission) has low power when car is cold (cold weather) I took it to the Saturn dealer and they couldn't find the problem I was not happy with their services and to me they were hiding something but what I can do?
    Now I am reading the posting for similar problem and I am more than convinced that they knew the problem but they did not want to fix it because the car was under warranty. 2 month ago the transmission just broke and I had to re-build it. The AC had problem last year but this year stop working at all I have re-charged, change the pressure switch etc reading the postings from others I see the same experience I have

Can you please help me to understand, and fix the problem. I am new to the site can you send me your contact email

Thanks,

A.S.
    Good afternoon dee102492,

I'm sorry to hear that your air compressor needs replacing; do you think you are going to proceed with the work? If you should like for us to look into anything further for you, please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and the name of your involved dealership).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good afternoon,

I just want to make sure I understand the current concern you're having is that your air conditioning is not working at all at this point, correct? If we can follow up on this with your dealership, please send the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership as well as any information you can recall about recent visits there for the air conditioning matter. We will set up a case for you in our department and go from there.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mommajazzmommajazz Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I have a Saturn 2005 Vue. Just last month I took the vehicle in to be serviced and the ac checked on. They had drained and refilled the coolant at that time. Just yesterday the ac went completely out. (All it does is blow hot air.) I am going to take it in again this week, the mechanic said it may be the compressor which costs $1000 to fix. I am hoping that I don't have to but dreading after reading these posts that I will have no choice but to replace it. My Vue has under 43,000 miles on it. I have not abused it or anything like that so am upset that this is happening. I would expect it after 100,000 miles but when I haven't reach 50,000 it is terrible. Are they recalling the compressors? Time wise my warranty is done.
    mommajazz
  • aerial_22aerial_22 Member Posts: 6
    Even after 100,000 miles this is something that shouldn't be happening. Shame on Saturn/GM for not stepping up and addressing the issue that seems to be common to the Saturn VUE regardless of the year model. I am fortunate that the high-side of my a/c system is still functioning at higher RPM's. As soon as the vehicle sits idle it starts to blow hot air. GM should be on the hook for this repair job due to the shoddy a/c system installed on these vehicles in the first place. This isn't an isolated event.
    Good morning mommajazz,

I'm sorry that you are having these difficulties with your AC. Has your past service been performed with one of our dealerships? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with them; please send us an email with more information (your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership) to socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • grandma27grandma27 Member Posts: 3
    This is my second summer without air conditioning in Florida because it's the third time it broke and I can't afford to have it fixed again. My original post was #30 and I asked if there was any sort of recall, and GM helpfully replied "no." Has anyone been able to gain any successful recourse with their A/C problem (short of paying $$$$ again)?
  • soofia2005soofia2005 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I think and I am so sorry to say that the Name Sarah is no the real deal of The GM Customer Service because her emails are all about the same send us your name and contact info blablabla.

when you send your contact information and describe that you have the same problem that 100s of Saturn Vue owner have you get the real deal of GM Customer Service and here is what I get

- first the " apology" that we always hear here from "Sarah" but is that enough to resolve the problem? when I reply that I don't need their apology I need them to explain why do we have the same problems in the Saturn vue and how to resolve it then the miss leading email coming that the problem in my car is due to the title of the car and not to making and the model Hellooooooooooooo

So I said this doesn't make since then nothing else....

so I totally agree with others who said shame on you GM

never buy GM never recommend GM

I will still keep looking for solution

"Sarah" your apology is nice but doesn't change the temperature in my car, I need a working AC

Why transmissions and AC are failing and there is no reasonable solution?

Thanks

A.S

-
  • pez814pez814 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 09 Vue Hybrid from Carmax in April 2010 and within 2 days the clutch fell off. It was repaired no charge right away. Last week it happened again! I was told by the repair shop that there are no compressors for the Vue Hybrid available. (new or used). Is this true?
  • jojo2922jojo2922 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I was having the same problem with my 2008 Saturn Vue as everyone here is talking about. I found another forum which explained what the problem was and how to fix it. My husband bought the part, A/C Expansion Valve, from Autozone for $48, 1 can of freon $10 and a can of oil $5 and fixed it. Total cost $63. I sure hope this will help some of you save some money.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166781

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Everco-A-C-Expansion-Valve/2008-Saturn-VU- - E-2WD/_/N-jrrghZ91sje?itemIdentifier=910427_0_0_
  • cathym26cathym26 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Saturn Vue that has had a/c issues since I bought it. i hardly ever blows cold - only when going 60 mph on trips will it ever get cold. Around town and regular driving, it's like it has no a/c. Have had the system ckd several times by Saturn when it was still in business and they always said all was fine. I asked for a refrigerant refill one time thinking it just needed refilled and was told that these systems don't get refrigerant refill. I've had the system flushed and the dye put in twice over the last couple of years and have never found any leaks. Can you let me know how to fix this issue? I have and infant and toddler and when it's so hot out, I am afraid of them overheating simply on the ride home, it's so hot these days. Any ideas what is wrong? How to fix? Or what to tell them to do to fix it? Best place to get fixed?
  • leannerleanner Member Posts: 2
    I'm curious what other GM owners (Saturn VUEs) have had resolved with the socialmedia@gm.com e-mail contact.

My 2006 Saturn Vue in the last 3 years has needed a A/C condensor, now a new A/C compressor (two dealership quotes are not the same price for the same service- $300 difference)
    Last week my Key Iginition locked up and needed to be replaced ($500.00) Of course this all happens after my warrenty is up. Based on the info I have researched, this is happening a lot to Saturn owners and these parts should easily go until 100-150k miles.

We have owned 3 Saturns brand new 1992,2000,2006 and never have had any problems with our vehicles (until now)

All our Saturns have had all their service done at the GM dealership, and lucky us our dealership closed down a few months ago (but hey kids, a new one opened up in the same location, but won't accept any new returning preferred customer points to their new dealership- sleazy IMO) But of course they gladly will take in the old/ returning customers.

I called GM 800 number, the customer service lady was rude and left me on hold for 20+ minutes yesterday.

I'd love to hear what socialmedia@GM.com actually did for you.
    I did e-mail them, they replied asking for info, I replied today asking them to open a case, as clearly the A/C issue isn't just a one time issue.
    thanks,
    leanne
  • sybeesybee Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2012
    PLEASE ADVISE ~

I have a 2005 Saturn Vue, with 22,120 miles, which was purchased on 11/22/2005. Up until two weeks ago, the AC has worked fine. I parked it for a few days, and it hasn't worked since. The fan blows, but doesn't cool. It's been about two weeks without any AC.

I don't hear the compressor kick in when I turn on the AC. We checked the fuses, they seem to be OK. I was going to take it in, but found this board and learned that this is a known and continuing issue with Saturn.

What should my next step be? We are in the middle of a heat-wave. I am a senior citizen. I can't handle the heat. To the best of my knowledge, Kia of Cerritos is handling the service for what used to be Saturn of Cerritos. Please advise. I don't understand why I would be low on refrigerant, considering the fact that I am a low-mileage driver.

I read in an earlier post a in reference to having the "software updated." How do I go about having this done and is there a charge?
    Good evening sybee,

We're sorry to hear about your air going out on you during the hot summer months. If you would like for us to work with you in getting this looked into, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage). We will use this information to, only if you wish, locate a Certified Saturn Service location in your area and get a Service Request set up to stay with you through the process.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • jprevillejpreville Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2004 Saturn vue. I have noticed the exact same thing. I went and got my coolant levels serviced and I also got the A/C recharged. Like you said only when you are on the highway can you actually feel the A/C. I have a 14 month old and a 6 year old and no matter how long I am in the car for if I am only driving within the city limits and I am not going 55 MPH or faster all I feel is warm air. I also just went to have the front and rear differential fluids services and I went to Valvoline. They told me the fluids were dealer fluids and they were having trouble locating the same fluid. Saturn going out of business and finding comparable parts is going to get really tough.
  • sybeesybee Member Posts: 9
    I received a reply from "Christine." She advised that I contact Penske Buick, since they are handling the Saturns in my area. I called. They want $120 just to diagnose the A/C. I updated Christine, and she stated that GM had no power to reduce or waive the cost. My 2005 Vue has 22,120 miles. This is not due to wear. This is not due to abuse. This is an inherent flaw in the A/C system. GM should issue a recall - If they don't, Saturn owners should join forces and file suit. I suggest they tap into that multi-billion dollar bailout and cover the cost of the diagnostics and repairs.
  • lm6lm6 Member Posts: 3
    The a/c in my 2007 Saturn Vue went out in May 2012, just short of its 5-yr anniversary and it cost $1000 to have the compressor replaced. After seeing dozens of postings in this forum alone, along with my "GM customer service from hell" experience, my advice for anyone looking for a vehicle is to skip GM and spend your hard earned money somewhere else. The facts regarding my experience are below for anyone who is interested.

At the time, the car had roughly 65,000 miles, was driven only by me, and very well taken care of. Regular oil changes along with any other maintenance was always done at the dealership. The Saturn dealer was amazing and their customer service was excellent.

It's too bad that Saturn is gone. GM's current customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

After posting to this forum, I was contacted by Christine who took my personal info and opened a case for me w/GM customer service. She was very helpful.

A GM district specialist called me 3 times the first week-- First on Tues to let us know they had our case & were researching the issue -- there was a 2nd call on Weds to say they had a couple options & would call back on Thurs -- the 3rd call on Thurs was missed due to work issues.

I called back early the following week and kept calling for 2+ months. I even stopped calling for 2 weeks because I thought the rep might be on vacation. After 15+ calls, for which a voicemail was left each time with both my home & work phone numbers, there was still not a single response from GM.

I finally called their general customer service number and spoke to two different reps, neither of which were able to help me, but about a week later I finally received a call from a new GM district specialist After two conversations with a 2nd district specialist I asked to have our issue escalated to a customer service manager.

The customer service manager was only able to reiterate the initial offer of 8 oil changes or a $2000 GM loyalty certificate. She was not authorized to do anything more and said I could not escalate my call any higher. She was the highest level customer service rep I could speak to.

Neither the district specialist nor the manager, when asked, could tell me why I should buy another GM vehicle. Since taking the certificate meant spending at least another 25K on a new vehicle, I took the only option I could... 8 oil changes.

I have been a lifelong GM customer and so were my parents. My other vehicles had issues as well, but they lasted longer than 5 years. Yes, cars have bad parts and break down, and a good company will stand behind its product. If this wasn't such a common issue for the Saturn Vue model, maybe my opinion would be different. Unfortunately there are dozens of complaints in this forum alone. That coupled with the worst customer service I have ever experienced has totally soured me on ever purchasing a GM vehicle again.

Too bad, since I was looking forward to purchasing a new Camaro in the next year or two.
  • antqmamaantqmama Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Vue (made for Canadian rental market). This is my 5th Saturn, and I've loved them all. I, too, have had recent issues with the air conditioning, but the dealership I've been going to has been wonderful. We purchased the car at Kelly Buick in Emmaus, PA (previously Saurn) last July. The air started acting up on a trip to VT last August, and although they tried to figure it out, they couldn't get the car to duplicate the problem we were having. Cool weather came and I wasn't worried about it. Once again on a trip this summer, air started blowing warm. Took it in and they recharged it. Took it on another trip right afterwards and had the problem again. You could actually see that one of the hoses was covered in ice. I wasn't happy! Called Kelly service right away. They gave me a brand new GMC Terrain as a loaner (very impressed with that car) and started investigating. Although they couldn't get the air to blow warm (it has to be very hot and humid) they determined that the expansion valve was probably at fault and replaced it. I spoke to the service mgr at length when I picked it up, as I still have concerns after reading this forum. He assured me that if I still have the problem next summer, they will take care of it. I'm still wavering, but have to say that the service there couldn't have been any better. I was treated like a queen!
  • lm6lm6 Member Posts: 3
    Please don't misunderstand, I do not have any issues with the dealership that replaced my air compressor. They seem to be just fine. Not quite as awesome as Saturn was, but very fair.

The Saturn dealer used to give us a car off of their lot, too, as a replacement if service was going to be more than a day. And that was without even asking for anything.

It was directly with General Motors customer service that I had incredibly poor service.

You are very fortunate to have a dealership that operates with the same customer service values that Saturn had. I hope your service is just as great once your warranty expires.
    Good morning antqmama,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your dealership! :) It's always great to hear good stories, and we wish you many happy miles ahead. If we can ever look into anything, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at socialmedia@gm.com

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • reneejgreneejg Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    My 03 saturn vue is acting up again on Friday. Had ac replaced in may due to same issues I'm having now and last month (took it back and they found nothing wrong) but worse now. My ac was on and I had no pickup and RPMs going up to 3 1/2. So I turned off the a/c and it felt a little better. Then I started to smell the burning rubber again. Car had no pickup rpms up to 4 got up to 30mph. Got home n light white smoke coming out by my passenger tire n under the hood on passenger side only. Tried to drive it around my parking lot n it would barely move, like it was stiff? Drove fine to work today with the a/c OFF.
    Any ideas? I'm taking it back to the shop that fixed it tomorrow and demanding they fix it for free. If they misdiagnosed it not my problem...
  • jsolodowjsolodow Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Saturn Vue, AWD V6 3.5L that we bought used about three months ago.. it currently has 98k miles on it and we just started hearing an intermittent knocking sound coming from the dash when you turn the AC/Heat on... It is not constant nor does it do it continuously once it starts doing it.. I've already pulled the blower motor and verified that the fan was tight on the motor shaft and that does not seem to have helped. I've also checked the cabin air filter housing to very it wasn't loose and it wasn't.. It really sounds like something is hitting against something else and you can feel the knock in the dashboard.. Any ideas???
  • tonimoratonimora Member Posts: 13
    2004 Saturn VUE V6 awd Automatic Transmission
    A couple months prior to all my dash lights beginning to flash on and off, and my power steering going out, I was having a problem with my A/C as well. I thought it was related to the Dash light thing, but now I'm not so sure.
    My A/C used to be very powerful, then suddenly one day I went someplace, and it was very hot outside, and the A/C did not get cold until I was on the freeway. Then suddenly at about 50 MPH, it began to work fine. Then all subsequent trips it was the same problem.
    A couple or few months after that started, is when the dash light problem started. At first we would take the relays out and reinsert them, and the car would work fine for about a week So we started replacing the relays thinking maybe it was that. But after a while, it just got worse and worse, and we can't drive it anywhere without the dash lights flashing, loss of power steering, A/C lights, pretty much everything electrical. It's very scary, and dangerous.
    What can we do about this very dangerous situation.
  • 442dude442dude Member Posts: 373
    Yours are the classic symptoms of a failing body control module (often called BCM) When you pull the relays and put them back you reboot the BCM and it works for a while. Yes, your AC issues and flashing dash lights, etc are likely related to this issue.

Unfortunately this is a dealer only repair as the new one has to be programmed for your car...repair should be around $700...

Best of luck...
  • akendrick08akendrick08 Member Posts: 1
    I have a '08 vue that I bought new within the year I started having a/c problems where I could not get the temp to change from hot to cold or vice versa or get it to change from face to feet etc. then the air wasn't blowing cold. I took it to the dealership and they "fixed" it cause it was under warranty. Now that my warranty is up I'm having the same problem. I took it to the dealership and its gonna be $600. If they "fixed" it less than 3 years ago how is it breaking again. They say its the actuator in both knobs or something. Does anyone know if that's something you can fix yourself. I found the part for $60. I definitely think there should be a recall if its having to be replaced this often on this many vehicles!!
  • bedfirdbedfird Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Body control module under dash, any electrical mechanic can fix, dealer will be $$$ I've seen resetting modules at salvage yards, don't know if it's legit, but ask around.
  • 442dude442dude Member Posts: 373
    Need a Tech2 scanner to program it or options may not work...dealer has to program it unfortunately.
  • auzach11auzach11 Member Posts: 1
    My 2009 Saturn Vue Hybrid all of a sudden developed a screeching sound upon starting. I took it into my dealer, who said that it was a bearing and a pulley system that needed replacement- for $700. They then called back to say that they misdiagnosed, and that it was actually the bearing and clutch assembly for the A/C compressor, which would require full replacement for $1100- but that this new part carries a lifetime warranty. This is crazy! Why would the OEM part not include a similar warranty, and how could this happen in just 3 years? I wanted to buy a GM car to buy American, but an $1100 repair after just 3.5 years and 50k miles is ludacris. And this is after already having the engine replaced under warranty.
    Does anyone know if the cost to repair sounds legit?
    I guess for our next car we need to look into Hyundai and its 10 year/100k mile warranty bumper to bumper.
  • tonimoratonimora Member Posts: 13
    I don't know about the part and the price, but it seems that every part that has to be replaced, or any work that needs to be done is at least $700 or more these days.
    I purchased my Vue, because my two sisters had Saturn's, and I had a Saturn previously. We all loved them. Before GM got involved with the Saturn, it was a very good vehicle. Very reliable, and owners just loved them. They had a very good reputation. After GM got involved, the quality of the Saturn took a drastic turn in quality for the worse. They destroyed the company and the vehicles reputation completely, and we are experiencing the result of that with all these mechanical problems.
    I will never buy another vehicle from GM again. It's obvious that they are so consumed in greed that they don't care about the consumer at all. Everything is all about the almighty dollar to them.
    Yes, Hyundai does seem to be making a pretty decent car these days, and that warranty is quite appealing isn't it? You'll never get an American Company to give you a warranty like that, ever!
    I wish you good luck with your problem, and hope you get that fixed.
    We're sorry to hear that you've had some troubles with your Vue, auzach11. If you would like for us to check in on this with your dealership further, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service