Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Paint Gold Paint Problems

2»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    If you have a CarSpace account you can host it there.
  • tribeca_06tribeca_06 Member Posts: 31
    or you can use Photobucket.com and post them there and then send then post the website URL here
    good job! look great and they car will look great..one thing though...if anything is wrong with the interior, i heard some shops damage the interior parts when putting them back together..report it to subaru, but it looks good and good luck! thanks agaiN!
  • scurtis623scurtis623 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I just got a 06 Tribeca, and just happened to see that others have a problem with their paint job. Could you please give me some details?

We took ours to a body shop and they said the problem was under the clear coat, it was a bad paint job, it looks faded all over the car :confuse: . I emailed Subaru USA and someone actually called us and told us to take it in to the dealer next week to look at. My husband asked if there had been a recall on the paint or anything else, we did NOT know that others also have had this problem.

We have 46k miles, but also have the extended warranty, just wondered what to expect to hear next week.

Thanks
    Shirley
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
    Welcome to the Board ! Subaru owners are a helpful bunch. Just go back to the first post on this thread, you should find most of the information you need. Also check Sb9t.com. Assuming you have the same gold paint problem I would be surprised if Subaru doesn't take care of the whole thing...

Good luck with your Tribeca, I love mine and will buy another in a year or two.

Let us know how you make out ...

Jerry
    Scurt, your car needs to be repainted, there is problem with the clearcoat and is a factory defect, conact the dealer you got it from if you did, also contact SOA, and they are going to most likley rattle you around b.c you didnt buy it knew, but you do have the extended warranty which is a major plus, and also if you got it from a dealer and serivice or plan to service with them then your fine, but they may rattle you around alittle bit.Let us know how it works out, many have this problemm..i recommend the site SB9t.com for your Tribeca needs..my user name is Tribeca06..and many have reported and have went through with this problem as you will see on the sites posts, good luck let us know how you are doing, i myself i have the defect on my 06 and have to go throigh with this problem too.

jerry- hows your car?
    Should be ready by Tuesday . . . I will post the results
    hope everything works out well
    Do you know how much SOA is paying for your paint job to the 06 Tribeca?
    We took ours in today so the dealer could look it over, he admitted it was a bad job, he wanted it to go to a paint garage that they use, my husband wanted it done by another company that does excellent work. At first they said they were too expensive, but they called to get an estimate, it was $5,400, dealer told them that Subaru would only pay $3,900. Does anyone have any idea what cost SOA is paying?

Oh, yes the dealer also called to ask how many miles were on the car when we bought it, I told them that shouldn't matter. Miles has nothing to do with bad paint jobs.
    Thanks.
    Shirley
    good job, dont let them control you. If you have problems with the dealer call SOA and complain and complain and complain! and i think the job is about $5,000..SOA covers the cost once they approve, i guess it depends on the how much the shop charges but i would make them go for the shop you want b/c its your car and you want it done right ofcourse.
    Just picked up my Tribeca . . . the results far exceeded my fondest expectation: the paint job is absolutely perfect, all dents, dings and normal wear and tear on the bumpers were taken care of, tires and black moldings were all detailed. In addtion interior was also detailed, carpet shampooed ( 5 years of coffee stains gone ), mats cleaned. The beige leather was cleaned and looks new (but I will never get beige leather again) In short Tribeca looks as good as the day I picked it up in July 05.

My dealer , Bertera Subaru West Springfield MA has its own body shop, which also services several other Bertera Dealerships. It is first class in every respect (as is its manager Mr. Rui Mendes).

I recommend that you work with a dealer that has its own body shop and one that is sympathic to your problem. It is apparent that SOA wants this matter resolved to the consumers satisfaction if you can not find a dealer that will work with you go directly to SOA for body shop referral.
    Shirley don't have any idea of cost but I would guess it to be in the $5000 range. If you are anywhere near West Springfield tell SOA that you would like Bertera to do the job. They may agree and you would not have to be concerned with the price.

Good luck with your Tribeca, I love mine.

Jerry
    great to here Jerry! hope everything is well, alot of people said the paint looks great even tho people say its not like factory. hopefully my transaction will go smoothly
  • jeff162jeff162 Member Posts: 1
    Hi- I apparently have the same problem as everyone else and have been reading the various messages. Can you help? What is SOA everyone refers to? What is the trick to get dealer to fix? Thanks!
    Hey i havent been on this forum.. how did everyones transaction go? ive yet to do it but i plan on soon, still learning a lot of info.. get back to me please!

SOA ( subaru of america)

new guy - Hi, its a common issue on 2006 gold tribeca's. most were affected. first you should go to your dealer and explain you know about the paint issue and that its on almost all 2006 becas. ( they may play dumb) but ive talked to MANY people and they have had subaru pay in full for the repaint. so dealers play hard ball and some others are accepting. what they do is take photos and send to SOA and then SOA will pay and have the job done. most people say the paint looks good but ofcourse its not the same but its better then whats on now ofcourse lol. so deff go to your dealer first and see what happens. and dont back down is also very important b/c they will pay. you may need to play the betrayed customer cry but hey, if it works.. also people who bought them used have gotten SOA to pay for the paint job, they are however less bothersome if you put the car new and service it at the dealer you go to... good luck and let us know how it goes. a good site you can join is SB9T.com , which is a Subaru B9 Tribeca site and post your story their. I am on their and my name is Tribeca-06... GOOD LUCK!
    did you contact your dealer or anything? Best of Luck!
    Yes, I did contact the dealer after I first called SOA. No problem, they painted the car, free.
    Shirley
    great to hear!! where are you from? Also when you called SOA how did you get the right person to handle this? glad everything worked good and quikly lol
  • amyjothamyjoth Member Posts: 1
    Hubs and I are seriously looking to purchase a used 06 Tibeca Limited Base(7 passenger).
    Of course its the gold, and the paint is ghosting on the upper rear panels. When I asked the salesman about it it, he said it was a problem with the 06's but didnt offer to fix it.
    I really like everything else about the car(except the low wattage headlights, and just so-so gas mileage-we are replacing a Mini-van which gets the same)
    Should we continue our hunt? They are asking 13,900 with 67K miles on it. Maybe buy an extended warranty?