Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX is a LEMON

rrhorrho Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Cadillac
Does anyone have an attorney to help work with Cadillac. I brought the 04 SRX brand new and have had nothing but problems. Now that the warranty is over they won't even help, even though the problems started early on.

1-Catalyc converters replaced 3 times
2-transmission rebuilt
3-replace engine brackets
4-replace engine flexor plates
5-replaced water pump 2 times
6-loud vibrations- told to replace tire- that didn't work
7-whinning noise- told belts may need to be replaced
8-loud cracking noise from sunroof- told normal because of size
9-NOW- being told need new throttle system!

Each one of these repairs if in excess of $1000!

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I am sorry to hear about your misfortune with the SRX.

You should make your email address visible in your member profile if you wish people to contact you. We prefer that contact information (attorney names, phone numbers etc.) not be posted in the Forums.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • rrhorrho Member Posts: 2
    I saw that option. If I make it available will "everybody" have access to my email address or is it somehow blocked/scrambled?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Only other members will have access to that information. Of course, you could make your email address visible and then set it back after a period of time to further improve your security.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • msfurmsfur Member Posts: 17
    I so understand your situation, and am in it again as I type- the car broke down again on me this very morning, after having had a new throttle switch go out last month.. I have had many of the same problems with my 2004 SRX, as well as some not on your list. If misery does indeed love company, know you have it from me!
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    Wait. You said you bought the car "brand new", which means it would have had a four year, 50K warranty. Since it is an 04 model, then it should be no more than two years out of warranty. You have had all these problems since the warranty expired? Or did you have some/most of them before it expired? In any event, it seems very strange that you are only now asking about hiring an attorney. Something doesn't add up here.
  • pcarlsonpcarlson Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2011
    By far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Since purchased the following has been replaced:

Starter, seat heater elements, airbags, rear door latch, cam position sensors, coil, transmission cooler lines, transmission cooler, transmission lines, the transmission itself, power steering hose, transfer case seal, front axle seals, rear axle seals, differential seals, mirror dimming fluid seals, catalytic converter x 2, shift kit, valve cover gaskets, timing chain cover gaskets.

2 1/2 weeks, less than 500 miles after the the timing chain / valve cover and differential gaskets are replaced, the engine seizes up on the highway. Our warranty expired (by time not mileage) 2 week before the engine seized.

Contacted GM "goodwill" customer service and after 2 weeks was basically told to take a hike. We had 89,000 miles on the car. We have filed a complaint with our states Attorney General

To top it all off the engine for this car was specific to the year. Even a used engine
    is 3 times the price of the newer 3.6 liter engines. IE: $2250.00 for a used 04 engine with 70K miles VS $1900.00 for a new factory wrapped engine for the 05,06,07,08 and 09 model.

Although I have always been a GM fan like my father before me, they are not the company they used to be. I will NEVER purchase another GM product and strongly suggest that you don't either.

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    Looks like you posted the same thing on 4 other topics. :confuse:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We'll prune a couple since owner's tend to read most all the discussions about their cars.
This discussion has been closed.