Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi oskee99,

We're glad to hear that the second opinion was a big help to you. Please keep us updated on the status of your repair.

Thanks

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • breaneensambreaneensam Member Posts: 8
    over reacting to my timing chain and camshaft having to be replaced wow for one the purpose of the chains are so they never break but in any event the truck is covered under the warranty but a weeks worth of having to argue about a loaner/ rental car is a bit much oh and then the radio, air and heat stopped working because oh there is a recall on that as well so if I'm over reacting so be it. but thanks for your input
  • breaneensambreaneensam Member Posts: 8
    I did all of that and was in a rental by the end of the day, thanks
  • dowopdowop Member Posts: 25
    I am being told that every 5000 miles is now good since they now use Mobil 1 Dexos oil. Any comments or advice?
  • duetsuduetsu Member Posts: 36
    No I did not get an additional 110k powertrain warranty. I was given the Balance of the original warranty I had which the was 38,000 miles or 22 months I had remaining.
    I wanted a new powertrain warranty but GM wouldn't even entertain that idea. The rep from GM I had on my case was less than pleasant to deal with.... that being said the dealer told me the best I could get if I was a customer off the street buying a new motor was 12 months/36k miles...
    Would have been nice if GM had given me a brand new warranty but it is what it is....
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Everyone has their own ideas on this, and they can be quite varied. I use an oil that meets or exceeds the requirements (currently DEXOS) and use the Oil life monitor as a guideline ( I try to change when it gets down to between 20 or 25%) whatever the mileage is to get me there. One exception would be if I drove a lot on dusty roads, then I might change sooner.
  • carguy05carguy05 Member Posts: 30
    As a suggestion, I would not rely on the oil life monitor at all. it is useless. I change my oil every 5000 miles, but check it every 2500 just in case. I sometimes have to add 1/2 quart. I have had the best results using synthetic blend GT-1 Kendall oil. I have a 2010 4-cy with 63,000 with no major problems.(so far)
  • chantelechantele Member Posts: 1
    Took my Equinox to shop today about the loud engine. They are saying the camshaft balancer needs to be replaced.
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    I change my oil every 2,500 miles, and at that time, the "Oil Life Monitor" usually reads somewhere around 75%. ---- I could care less about the "Oil Life Monitor." ---- I go by mileage. --- On any vehicle, I divided the recommended oil change interval in half. ------ GM has their service recommendations and I have mine. If I develop an engine problem GM does not have a leg to stand on with regards to oil change intervals. Since the dealer is doing all of the service, it is their oil, their filters and their technicians doing the service. In terms of an extended warranty, the "ball is in their court!" ---- There is no "sludge" in my engine! ---- On cold winter days, I warm up the engine in the driveway till it is at normal operating temperature, then I drive the vehicle. ----- (YES, I know it is NOT recommended by GM! --- I could care less about that recommendation. ----- The 2.4 engine is an aluminum engine with a steel crankshaft, a steel camshafts and steel connecting rods. ----- There is a different expansion rate between aluminum and steel. ---- Driving a "cold engine," on a cold winter morning without warming it up is just tearing up the engine! ------ My engines do not use any oil between oil and filter changes! ------ I must be doing something right!)
    Just my opinion! ---- All the best to everyone! ----- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • cjgacjga Member Posts: 18
    I do the same. I plan on using Moboil 1 for the duration now. My hat goes off to GM. Two days ago I took my car in to the dealer and they changed out parts. All the noise went away. I will now buy another chevy :) Cevy was super nice.
  • lbeckemanlbeckeman Member Posts: 5
    Hi All-I have 2010 Equinox with approximately 72,000 miles-mostly highway driving. I keep up the maintenance on this vehicle regularly. At about 69,000 miles I was driving on the highway at 70 mph hour in the pouring rain when the windshield wiper transmission died. I had to replace that for approximately 275$. GM would not cover it. They actually blamed the windshield wiper transmission on the mileage.
    Then, yesterday I went to start my car and it was dead-no turnover at all. The key was stuck in the ignition. Then it started and every warning light possible came on and then it died again. I called 1-800-chev usa. They sent a tow truck. They charged the battery, and it died again. I took it to the dealership. They told me that the battery had leaked acid and the acid had ate through the cable wires that charge the battery. They also told me that there was a possibility that it went further than that but would not know until after they fixed the wires and replaced the battery. This cost is approximately $600. They also did not have the parts for the cables so I am without a car-day two.
    It seems to me that a battery should last longer than 3 years? And-why didnt any warning lights regarding the battery show up in the car if acid was leaking and destroying things?? Isnt the prtoective housing supposed to prevent acid from destroying things? I have been a Toyota driver for 20+ years-this was my first GM product. I am not happy. I drove my last three cars well past 100k and hand no issues aside from gemeral maintenance until closer to 150k. It seems to me that there must be soenthing worng with the batteries or maybe the housing?? Can someone please tell me if they have experienced either of these issues with the batteries or windshield wiper transmission??? Thanks
  • duetsuduetsu Member Posts: 36
    I would never again rely on the oil life monitor. Even tho the owners manual on my Equinox states to go by the monitor and didn't list mileage as a guide to changing the oil, when my engine started consuming oil and sounding like a mack truck at idle, I checked the oil and the dipstick indicated it was almost 2 qts low. Oil life monitor had it at 60%.
    When discussing this with the service tech it was discovered that a sensor was bad. Dealer suggested that staying at 3000 miles for an oil change was the best route and I agree. Having them look at my engine that frequently I believe made the process of getting a new engine easier. The records were there for GM to look at. My dad always told me from the first car I bought that the 3000 - 5000 mile oil change is cheap insurance on your engine.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2013
    Well, it's an oil life monitor not an oil level monitor. You still need to check the dipstick regularly. I typically check mine at every fill-up.

Oil Change (chevrolet.com)
    That you for that Steve. interpreting posts in a forum is not quite the same as discussing things over a beer, but I have gotten the impression sometimes that some think the OLM somehow reflects or monitors oil level, which it doesn't.
    edited July 2013
    Even the oil warning light won't help much, since that typically monitors oil pressure.

A few cars have done away with dipsticks but that tech hasn't filtered down to most cars yet. It'll get here soon enough though, since most people don't use dipsticks. (autoblog).

Wish my old Subaru had a oil level gauge - trying to read that dipstick is like translating Sanskrit.
  • nox123nox123 Member Posts: 76
    You think and maintain your vehicals like I do; I have never had transmission or engine issues with any of my vehicals including the 2010 4cyl Equiniox I just traded with 55k mile. In addition any warrenty issues I have ever experienced that were drive line related, were always taken care of by the dealer. Yes; doing all the basic vehical mainteniece on a MFG Recomended schedule will prevent most vehical failures and at same time insure your warranty in event you have drive line issues while under warranty.
    Hi lbeckeman,

We're sorry to hear of your experience with your windshield and vehicle battery. If you would like for us to take a second look at your case please let us know. If you are interested, please email us your full name, VIN and contact information so that we may locate your case.

Thanks

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    We are extremely happy to hear this! Always happy to hear of customers having a positive experience at the dealership.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Batteries only last three (3) years on these modern vehicles. I have two vehicles, a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6, and a 2010 Chevrolet 4 Cylinder Malibu LTZ. ----- I have replaced the battery twice in the Camry. (A battery every three years!) I have the dealer replace the battery, because I want the proper battery in the vehicle. It is the heart of both the electrical and the computer system. ---- Since my Malibu is approaching three years old, I fully expect to have to replace this battery shortly. Every time I have an oil and filter change in either vehicle, I have the battery tested along with the "starting" and "charging system." ---- I DO NOT want to be stuck on a cold winter's night, or in the rain with a dead battery. ----- My vehicles are my office! They must be 100% 24 / 7 / 365! ----- Today I had the oil and filter changed, brakes checked, battery check, fluid levels checked, tires checked, and the tires rotated on the Malibu at the selling dealer. The service bill was $57.00. The vehicle now has 45,000 miles and it does not use any oil between oil and filter changes every 2,500 miles. (I also use a fuel additive at every fill up!) MY CHOICE!
    Best regards to all! ------- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
    Nothing wrong with your approach to things. I have also heard that 3 year thing on batteries, and hear about the occasional very early failures. My experience has been different. My current daily driver (hhr) bought in oct 05' still has its original battery (likely I will change it before cold weather sets in this year), and my last daily driver's battery lasted 8 years before replacement.

I prefer not to waste things that still have a reasonable life to them (my preference), but I'm not a fanatic about it (no one will ever refer to me as 'Mr Green Life) ;)
    I am NOT changing "batteries," for the sake of "changing batteries," every three years! ---- They simply die at the end of three years! That is the reason for the "change!" ------- I do notice that I do get little warning signs just before the batteries fail. ------ On the Camry, the "key less entry" starts to get a little lazy. One month later the battery fails! ---- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
    edited July 2013
    My batteries have been lasting 5 to 8 years too, but newer cars have more electronics and lots of that stuff stays "on" all the time. Occasionally you'll read about someone who doesn't drive much and they'll find a dead battery on their new car in just two weeks of sitting. IIRC, BMW suggests that you use a trickle charger if you aren't driving your newer Bimmer much.

And you'll also read reports of flaky electrical issues cropping up on newer cars as batteries age. Those issues often seem to go away just with a new battery, even though the existing one tests out "okay".

Stuff like that makes me want to drive my '99 van forever. :blush:
    Another side to the issue, is that it is VERY IMPORTANT that the "replacement battery" be as "good" or "better" in terms of quality as the original battery. ------ Putting a cheap / low quality replacement battery in a newer vehicle is just asking for electrical / operational problems. ---- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
    edited July 2013
    I've had good luck with Walmart (that 8 year old one is from there). There's really only a couple of battery makers left in the US and they rebrand their stuff for everyone else. Well, actually one of the two, Exide, filed for bankruptcy last month, leaving Johnson Controls as the big player. Johnson Controls supplies Walmart batteries exclusively now, if you can believe the internet.

Johnson Controls also reportedly makes Diehards for Sears and supplies Interstate, Costco and a bunch of other brands. (BestBatteryTips.Com)

Most likely if you buy a "better" battery, you're paying for the brand, imho. Mostly I go by CCA ratings.
  • knw82knw82 Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 2010 Chevy Equinox in July 2012, with 48k miles on it. Had a great purchase experience at the dealership. However, a month later I had to replace the battery in it (not that big of a deal, it was just $150). In March of 2013, I noticed that when I was sitting at red lights it was trying to stall on me. I took it to the dealership and they told me that I had a serious problem, the high pressure hose had a hole in it and the oil and fuel were mixing! That was a $700 fix. Now 4 months later with 85k miles on it, my timing chain has broke and it has completely destroyed the engine!! I take pride in my car, keeping it maintained. But I am very disappointed in this vehicle!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Replaced the original battery on my '06 model in November, 2012.... so, about 7 years old...

Most of our OEM batteries seem to last 5-7 years, on average.. (except for the leased cars.. lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Made by Douglas Batteries?

Funny how the "same" battery will die on a leased car. :shades:
  • tstanststans Member Posts: 1
    Hi Knw82, I am having a similar problem to what you are experiencing. I bought my chevy equinox 2010 two months ago at 50K miles with 2 years warranty.
    I hear a rattling noise each time i try to accelerate. Is this issue covered in my warranty, is the stall issue at the stop light also covered under my warranty? Please let me hear from you.
    Stans
    Hello

I am sorry that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything but we would like to look into this for you. You can reach us at socialmedia@gm.com or contact us by phone 1-800-222-1020.

Jennifer T. (Assisting Amber)
    GM Customer Care
  • lee156lee156 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 2010 Equinox w 75k last year. It has developed a very noticable skip the first time it is started each day. It doesn't last more than 10-15 seconds. I have run fuel treatment a couple times to reduce carbon build-up, changed the plugs, new air filter and still no resolution. No code shows up when checked. Any suggestions?
  • lee156lee156 Member Posts: 2
    I had a noise that seemed to be coming from my engine at idle. It sounded like something was loose and rubbing or rattling. The mechanice stated that the lower tiing chain guide (plastic) was broken and was the source of my noise. He also stated that thechain looked worn and should be replaced. We followed his advice and had the repairs done. The sound was resolved and things were great for six months or so but the noise is back.
    My guess is that the guide is broken again. The last one didn't fall apart. Is this a known issue? Don't really want to keep replacing a part every six months.
    Ideas?
    I had the loud noise from the engine...at Chevy's request took back to dealer.....just got back this week but now the air conditioner is blowing hot aid....before the air would freeze. What's going on? they replaced water pump and the timing chain to get rid of noise.
    Hello Cjga,

I'm happy to see that you resolved one issue. However, I certainly can understand the frustration associated with your vehicle not operating according to the design. I'd like to follow up with your dealership about this new issue you're experiencing. Email your name, VIN and dealership name to socialmedia@gm.com with attention to Marlea. I look forward to working with you.

Marlea Wilson (Assisting Amber N.)
    GM Customer Service
  • missmo1951missmo1951 Member Posts: 11
    Why on earth would I cry over a car? It is just a piece of metal, and unless I was planning to be buried in it, I cannot take it, or money with me when I die.
  • shelby79shelby79 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox. Last week my speakers started randomly going in and out. One minute they will work, the next there will be no noise at all from the speakers. Radio and cd player seem to be functioning fine. When the speakers go out, even the door "ding ding" noise doesn't work if I leave the keys in with the door open or headlights left on. Any idea as to what could cause this and how to fix it?
    I bought the car last Oct used. Ever since I got it, there has been a humming noise in the speakers, even when the radio is off. I'm not sure if that issue is related to my current issue. The humming noise is not heard when the speakers stop making noise now (but still hear the humming when the speakers are working properly).
    You have a 8 year old sound system! It could be the transmiter,possible speaker damage or simple as loose wire..Consult with a auto sound system business...You can replace sound system and speakers for under $500.00 installed.
  • maolmaol Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I think I may be having the same problem, mine is a 2010 with 54,000 Kilometer (less than 25,000 miles) did you take yours to the dealership? what was there diagnostic ?
  • raabraab Member Posts: 9
    I had similar issues with the stalling . It was getting so bad that I was dreading approaching stop lights on the way to work and the kids's school. This went on for over one year with multiple visits to the dealer-timing chains replaced, valves replaced , recommendations for more frequent oil changes, etc. it became very clear that the car has a innate defect. My experience with Chrvy customer service was absolutely terrible-one rep offered about $1500 and suggested I trade in the car if I disliked it-I argued that it was wrong to release a defective car back into the public pool. FINALLY, the dealer agreed a whole new engine was needed. It was replaced after almost 18 months of repeated and cumulatively expensive (to GM warranty) repairs. Finally sold it with a clear conscience -do NOT plan on buying another Chevy, thanks to the non-response of the customer service and the bumbling of the dealership. This could have been handled better, more timely, less expensively, and with better response from Chevy. Family and friends saw what we went through and are very happy with their non-GM cars.
  • oskee99oskee99 Member Posts: 3
    Mine, with 58000 miles, needed a new engine. First dealer it was towed to said we needed every single original oil change receipt. Since we were missing the very first one and one from when we were on vacation, they said GM wouldn't honor the warranty. Someone on this forum said I should take it to a different dealer. I did. GM paid the towing, gave me a new loaner, and repaired my car with a new engine and anything else it needed! Its running great and getting better mileage than ever before! I'm sure I have the dealer to thank!
  • ronwelronwel Member Posts: 57
    Got this letter in the mail yesterday. My father has a 2011 Nox and got this letter yesterday as well. Looks like GM is owning up to the engine problem.

--------------------
    As the owner of a 2010 model year Chevrolet Equinox, your satisfaction with our product is very important to us.

This letter is intended to make you aware that on some 2010 model year Chevrolet Equinox vehicles, equipped with a 2.4L engine, the chrome layer on the balance chain pins may wear, allowing the chain to stretch. This would cause an engine noise, and if left untreated, could cause the chain to break and leading to engine damage.

In addition, the fuel pump plunger shaft seal may wear and allow fuel to leak into the crankcase, which would illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Light. This can cause engine run-on and/or the engine to run rough.

Do not take your vehicle to your General Motors dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above.

General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2010 model year Chevrolet Equinox, equipped with a 2.4L engine, within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 193,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Diagnosis or repair for conditions other than the condition described above is not covered under this special coverage program.

Repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to call the service department at your dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is convenient for you. This will also allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glovebox literature for future reference.

If you have already paid to have this special coverage condition corrected and you have not received reimbursement under a Vehicle Service Contract, you should contact your dealer as you may be eligible to receive reimbursement. Please provide your dealer with the original or clear copy of all receipts, invoices and/or repair orders verifying the repair, the amount charged, proof of payment, the date of payment of those charges, and proof of ownership of the vehicle at the time of the repair. Your request for reimbursement, including the information and documents mentioned above, must be received by your dealer before July 31, 2014.

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may experience; however we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our products.

Customer Care and Aftersales
    General Motors of Canada Limited
    GM #12313
  • ally2002ally2002 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for posting this! Would you be able to scan it and email the letter to me? I would be forever grateful. colleengalloway@me.com
  • tlc2canntlc2cann Member Posts: 5
    Well here's an update on my 2010 equinox , after 3 trips to one dealer and getting the run around since April , I've been watching the oil in mine and adding a quart about every week. It was doing good, but as of last week the check engine light was back on and the oil smelled like it had fuel in it again. This was after the high pressure fuel pump was replaced in April. I think the dealer I was ushering knew all along what the problem was , but just didn't want to fool with it. So as of two days ago, I've taken it to another dealer a few miles away. I called them yesterday and was told it was gonna be a while because THEY HAD THE ENTIRE ENGINE TORE APART AND WERE LOKKING FOR THE PROBLEM !!! So I finally found a good dealer to inspect it and see what the problem is!! So I'm sure if they've tore it down that far they're gonna inspect it according to the #pip-5025 service bulletin for zebra stripeing. I guess some people were right , it just depends on what dealer you go to. Ill post back later after I see the outcome.
    Chevy needs to take control.....the dealers are adding to the problem
    edited August 2013
    Here are the important questions:

1.) Why are some dealers handling the problem by putting a "band-aid on the issue," ----- while others are willing to deal with the problem "head on?"

2.) Why isn't GM "proactive" with regards to this issue?

3.) Why does both the "factory" and the "dealer network" make the customer go through hoops to get professional warranty work, ---- when the "cause of the problem" is a defective high pressure fuel pump leaking fuel into the engine oil?

4.) Who is "pulling the strings" behind the scenes with regards to this engine issue?

I am looking at my next vehicle. It takes me a long time to purchase a vehicle. I track the "repair record of a vehicle" for a couple of years before I consider a vehicle. ----- Looking at the repair record of the Equinox, and the attitude of GM and some dealers with regards to warranty repairs does not make me want to own an Equinox.

Any vehicle can have a problem, but what the factory does about the problem separates the successful nameplate from the unsuccessful nameplate.

Just look at what GM did to the Saturn Line of Vehicles. That vehicle line could have gone up against any Honda, Nissan, or Toyota had GM put some "quality" and "creature comforts" into the line! ------ But GM chose to put out a low quality line of vehicles that had a very poor repair record. ----- Why does GM always shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to dealing with the vehicle buying public? ----- If it is the fuel pump that is destroying the engine, by allowing fuel to enter the oil in the crankcase, redesign the fuel pump, repair the engine and move on! ---- If you treat the customer properly, they will be understanding and loyal! --- Why is that so hard for GM to understand this most important customer relations fact? The buyers DID NOT design the fuel pimp! ---- GM designed the fuel pump, so if it is defective, GM is responsible for all repairs associated with the issue! ---- GM, it is that simple!

Best regards! -------- Dwayne
  • tlc2canntlc2cann Member Posts: 5
    It's funny you mentioned Saturn. Our last car was a Saturn vue. We loved that car. We bought the Chevy equinox because it was based on the platform of the vue. It's just a shame we didn't have the same quality as the vue.
    Hi tlc2cann,

We're pleased to hear that you found a dealership that you trust. We appreciate the updates, and if there is any additional warranty or recall information you would like for us to look into for you, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Recently I was speaking to a factory representative about the "failure rate" of marine engines and marine inboard / outboard drives. ---- The failure rate for this particular manufacturer was one (1) percent of the production for that year. While this sounds like a very small percentage, on a large production run, this can be a significant number of units. When a defective engine is discovered in a new boat, this manufacturer delivers a "new / fully dressed engine to the dealer for installation." (Not a shot or long block!) The defective engine is placed in the "new engine delivery crate, and shipped back to the factory to be reviewed by engineers. The "customer is not inconvenienced!" ----- Any company can produce a defective unit, but what the company does about that unit tells a lot about the "professionalism" of the that company! ---- I have a 2010 4 cylinder LTZ Malibu that is an outstanding vehicle. The engine is VERY smooth and VERY responsive, but I drain the oil every 2,500 miles and I use a fuel additive at every fill up! ---- I would love to purchase a 4 cylinder Chevrolet Equinox in the future, BUT I will NOT purchase this vehicle until I am convinced that the problem with the "high pressure fuel pump" has been corrected along with the other issues associated with this beautiful vehicle. GM needs to take a "HARD LOOK" at their customer relations with regards to this vehicle! Customers want to buy their vehicles, but GM is making that impossible by not addressing this issue in a professional manner. Please show me the corporate logic in this situation!

All the best to everyone!
    Dwayne
    I agree...However the responsibility for regular maintanience of a vehical is owners. I also owned a 2010 Equinox 4cyl; and like you I changed oil ever 3500 Miles at GM Dealer and let dealer keep the records, I will not have any GM warrnaty issues this way. I use Lucas fuel conditioner every 5K and never had any engine issues, other than timing belt and fuel pump which GM warranty covered. This 4cyl engine ran smooth, got a repectable 22-28MPG. I traded this 55k mile 2010 Nox in last month; for a 2013 Terrain 300HP V6...This 3.6 V6 is a sweet running engine! I have already change oil 2 times on this new V6 Terrain...1st time at 2000mi 2nd ar 4000 and will change every 3500 mile moving forward while using lucas fuel conditioner. Oil changes are good cheap insurance and can easily be tracked on carfax reports showing any future buyer or dealer how vehical was maintained since purchased. I have always been treated very well at my Florida GM dealer and
    I believe it has a lot to due with the way I let dealer service my vehical and take care of it...There will not be any finger pointing!
  • gablettgablett Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 2010 equinox since 2011. Bought it one year old. After having it a week, the car would not shut off, it would run on for a few seconds then shut off. Took to dealer, they replaced the fuel pump, which didn’t fix it. Took it in again, and they replaced something, I dont remember what it was, and it was ok after that.

The engine is really loud, even some friends have commented on its rattle, so I took it to the dealer about that and the fact that once in a while it shifts really hard into second gear when cold. They said they couldn’t figure anything out, that they reprogrammed it and said good enough. Took it in several other times because it continued. Still loud, still shifts hard, but cannot recreate it for the dealer so no go on a fix.

Next we were on vacation and the auto rear gate failed. Cant open it manually either. So our luggage was stuck in the back of our car until we found a dealer while we were 16 hours from home to fix it.

Next I checked the oil in the engine once when filling with gas as I usually do and it was low on oil. Took to dealer immediately, they checked and said everything was fine. 2 weeks later the car dies with my wife and 2 small children in it. Take it to the dealer, NO OIL!!!! Engine completely replaced. Technician told my wife that had the engine ceased up that it could have severely injured my family. GREAT!

Now I was driving it this week and the brakes start making strange noises, the stabilitrak, abs, and 4 wheel drive all quit. SERIOUSLY!!!! Take to dealer, still under 100,000 mile warranty but that part isn’t covered! They say its the wheel bearing and the sensors. $470!!! On a 3 year old car! They said GM used to cover that, but has stopped. Just talked to low level support at GM and they were all sunshine and roses, we will take care of you. Higher level just called and basically told me we MIGHT cover a small amount of it, but thats all. Nothing to say on the numerous other problems, or issues. Im actually concerned with the safety of my family in the vehicle. Used to be a GM fan. Not so much anymore.

I have had vehicles literally 4 times the age of this car with no where near as many problems. Im really disappointed with my choice in vehicles. And most of all I'm really disappointed with GM. Really just want rid of the vehicle.