Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• ronwelronwel Member Posts: 57
    The RPMs drop pretty quickly when I turn the wheel...this is usually when it almost stalls. The RPMs drop down to 400...even lower.

I'll check the defrost after work.

You would have to meet my father in order to know why he bought one...he is very stubborn when he wants something. He was the one that got me to look at the Equinox in the first place. He knew about the bucking in my car...and all of the issues that I had, but he thought the 2011 would have all of the bugs worked out. The bucking did not happen utill about 500-700 km...right about the time my car started to act up. He does not run the car in ECO mode, so he does not have to worry about the rough idle and stalling.
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    So the electric power assist motor for the steering draws big power if it is loading the alternator to that extent. Does yours exhibit the frozen steering feel on hwy after miles of very little direction change? I wonder if that is a clue also.
    I am not sold on electric steering yet. Too many other cars have issues also with it, not frozen feeling but just lack of consistent feel after cornering and such.

Rear defrost is big draw cuz mirror heaters are likely also on same circuit.
    Front defrost will turn A/C on which will throw off your test as there is a step-up solenoid in that setting. That is why I said vent.
    Heater motor on high is next inline, then headlights on high, etc etc wipers on high not so much...the idea is to load the altermnator and see how poorly the ECM manages engine idle under those common loads.

I think/suspect ther e are two vibration issues here. One, a very real problem associated with the tranny and torque-convertor/injector shut off software, and the other possiblly normal 4 cyl vibes when an engine falls below a normal and accepted idle speed of 800 to 1000 rpm.

Honda uses special items and dampeners (even electronic) to mask or deal with this vibration. Since the engine should not be idling that low, it is moot basically.
    I'll definately check the heater and defrost tonight.

I've never had the "sticky" steering problem, and I drive on a pretty long and straight highway at least twice a month.

When the car is out of ECO mode it usually sits at about 750-800rpms, and is quite smooth. But...when I turn on the ECO function, it drops to 550-600...which seems too low for the car to keep running. Should the dealership know that 600rpms is too low?

I'll let you about the other tests a bit later.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    wallyuwl,
    If you would like to e-mail me with your VIN I can look into updates for you. I can look into recall information as well. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Christina,

I have emailed you my info. Please let me know if you did not receive it.
    I tried the defrost and wipers, etc... last night. Same symptoms as when I turn the wheel. When I turned on the defrost the RMPs immediately dropped to 450 and the car really started to vibrate and almost stalled. After a few seconds the car fought back and the RMPs settled in at around 550. There was still a vibration through the whole car.

I turned on the interior light and then the indicator...as the indicator would blink, the interior light would flicker along with it, and the RMPs would dance up and down a bit.

I think GM was a bit too aggresive with the ECO mode setting. The RMPs are way too low.

I also have the rough idle at start-up. The car feels like it is back-fireing for the first 30 seconds.
    Tell your dealer these numbers. Maybe they can up the idle with a computer adjustment. It sounds like the ECO mode has provision to lower idle RPM's all in an effort to lower fuel consumption. Personally I think GM cheated at all the measures they have put in to play (but not perfected) in order to advertise it "getting better MPG than even an Escape Hybrid".

I wish they would not insult our intelligence when making these ridiculous claims. Especially when they can't carry them out. I still think they should have offered this car with a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission. It would magically lose a lot of these issues owners are having and there are still many people who prefers manuals. Even women...although I don't mean that to sound sexist. It's just I happen to know women who are 'drivers' and bought a manual trans Civic, BMW, and even a pick up truck. Heavy traffic congestion and a lot of city driving is where the auto shines, but we pay for that one way or the other.
  • fshifshi Member Posts: 57
    feel this is an calibration issue, the ECO button does lower the idle RPM, I can feel mine lowered about 100-150 RPM from 750. Can feel the slight shaky with ECO on, but it is far from stalling.

High way ECO also changed shifting a bit to optimize fuel economy. Highway beating escape hybrid is true. Mine has 15k on it, averaged 27.2. straight highway at 65, there is no problem maintaining 32mpg.

Suggestion to you, turn off ECO for the time being until you can have dealer to raise your idle RPM in ECO mode, not sure how they do that. Worse case, you turn off your ECO botton, and drive like everybody else who does not have an ECO botton. You may lose 1MPG at the end....
    edited November 2010
    This is a random quote found online about the Escape Hybrid real world numbers. There are other similar findings. (but I am no Ford or hybrid fan, just sayin')

You won't find Nox owners getting average numbers this high. I've already looked.

The Escape doesn't shine as well at highway only figures, but since most of us drive a considerable amt of city driving, that higher average is fairly significant.

"I just recently purchased a new Ford Escape Hybrid. The car only has a few hundred miles on it, and already I am impressed by the mileage. First, I have light foot when it comes to the gas petal. In town with stop and go traffic (less than 25 mph), I am getting from 49 to 50.3 mpg. When traveling at 40 mph, I am getting 37 to 39 mpg on the average. At 55 mph which is my normal highway speed, I am getting from 31 to 34 mpg on the average."
  • manda29manda29 Member Posts: 6
    Hello kristy8 -
    I'm so glad I found this forum!! I thought I was going crazy. Been to the dealership three times on the pinging/rattling issue - their answer has been NORMAL for Direct Injection Operation. GM Customer Service hasn't been much help either, I can't get anyone to call me back. Kristy - Did you ever get a bulletin number or code for the "un-offical" update you received?
  • colt_herocolt_hero Member Posts: 107
    The "doc" fee thing is a runaway train at this point. It's sanctioned by the State and will never go away. But it really doesn't matter if they charge the fee or not. You just have to remember to ask what the fee is and include it in the overall price of the vehicle. Then you compare overall prices across dealers and go with the best deal. If I'm buying, say, a $25,000 vehicle, and I know I can get it for, say, $21,000, I don't care if the dealer fee is $20,000 ... but the car better not cost more than $1,000 or I'm buying somewhere else. You shouldn't fear these fees, you just need to know what they are and include them into the out-of-pocket price.

Had to laugh recently when a dealer questioned a quote I had shared with him (in an effort to get his price down). He said, "I don't know how they're getting down to that price". Well, the price the guy was referring to was the BEFORE doc fee price! The doc fee was $400 ! I told the guy, "NO - the price I'm going to actually pay out of my pocket INCLUDES the doc fee, so he's 'getting down' to just $300 less than you, not $700 !". Just goes to show you how these dealers view these fees. They're trained to act like it's not part of the purchase price of the vehicle, which is ridiculous! When I bought my Impala in '02 I had a sales guy on the phone repeatedly try to convince me that his deal was better because the price on the Impala was better. And YES, he was a couple hundred less, but his doc fee was a LOT more and the overall out-of-pocket price was therefore MORE money ! I'm sure the guy really didn't believe what he was saying, but he was relentless in trying to get me to believe it.

So don't fear the doc fee. Just ask what it is and add it to the quote. Now you've got the REAL quote (at least until the 'think tank' comes up with their next sales scam)...
    Those Escape Hybrid numbers look pretty good, but I THINK the Escape is smaller and lighter than the Equinox to begin with, plus - there is the up-front extra cost of buying the Hybrid technology (which to me means you are essentially pre-paying your gas bill, but to the manufacturer instead of the oil companies).

I work with an engineer who's on his 2nd Prius. Bought the first one in 2000 for upper 20's, now drives an '05 or '06. He used to sit in meetings and brag about how it was only costing him $5/week to run his car ... to which I replied, "but John, you paid about $8000 more up-front for the class of vehicle you purchased, so you essentially pre-paid your gas to Toyota" (ie: he COULD'VE bought a Corolla for upper teens and gotten upper 30's gas mileage!). He never broke even on his first Prius partly because the fuel economy on those first generation models really wasn't that great (mid 40's), but also because it developed a weird electrical problem that the dealer could never solve. The car left him stranded a couple of times, he ended up losing faith in it, and finally traded it in for the '05 or '06 model (whichever it was).

Hybrid fuel economy numbers can look very good on paper, but because of the up-front additional cost, you have to drive the car a certain number of miles before the hybrid technology actually starts to pay off. Everyone I know who drives a hybrid is quietly praying for gas prices to skyrocket to $5/gallon so their payoff comes sooner rather than later.
  • desertjeepgirldesertjeepgirl Member Posts: 5
    I'm still without my car. After picking it up last Friday (11-5) I had to once again return it on Monday, 11-8, and as of today, 11-11, I still don't know anything more. They are now replacing the BCM again. The problems that I took it back for were that the average speed, average fuel, and miles left, they are now trying to tell me that there were not enough miles to average those out. I'm not buying that.I bought the car with 30 miles on it and it worked fine then.Then there was this issue with the tire pressure monitor, but apparently that was an issue with the part in the tire itself and they supposedly fixed that. And then I have the issue of the odometer being reset. They still aren't sure how to fix that. I guess my biggest concern is wondering if this is going to be a life-long issue with this car. And then when my warrant runs out, what happens then.
    wow, after his experience with the first one, I am shocked and amazed he went all-in again with another one. I have read about the first Honda Insight owners having grief beyond belief. All electrical. What are the odds? They can build them but they can't fix them. Often it is an electrical connection that is the root cause, and otherwise a rare electronic component or chip that goes bad.

It is amazing what people will pay to have that 'green' presence parked in front of the golf and country club.

I'm not a believer or fan of hybrids. For one thing, they are not suitable for the northern climates of which there are many.

I AM a fan of clean diesels. They do much more work on way less fuel, and do so consistently throughout the year in the varied climates that real North Americans endure. (we can't all live in Florida or California)

And while I am not positive, I strongly suspect that a VW TDI Golf or Jetta would. in a drag race, absolutely annihilate and turn inside-out any of the equally sized hydrids be them Toyota or Honda or whatever. I would wager you could put 5 people in the TDI and one lone driver in the hybrid and still accomplish the win. Even going up a hill. That is torque that turbo diesels provide.

Because the size and shape of the Nox is so appealing to me (but the auto tranny and much too much complicated technology cloudy's the waters too much) and it has a very quiet, comfy ride, I would buy one if it came with a std tranny and 2.4 litre turbo diesel. I wonder if GM exports them like that to Europe? I wouldn't be surprised. Europeans still drive manuals over there too. They are real drivers.
    I meant to say perceived 'green' presence. Cuz they haven't started recycling all those NmH batteries yet. I wonder who gets to have those buried in our backyards?
    Yeah, that's the other thing with they hybrids - the batteries. We still don't know what's going to happen there. Haven't heard any talk of anyone recycling or replacing the battery packs (or that batteries were starting to pile up anywhere). Maybe just not enough of them out there yet that are old enough to begin to create the problem.

Getting back to Chevy, I'm going to be buying a GM product very soon because I have a need for a 3rd vehicle and I have GM "bucks" I've been rolling around for over a year now (and need to discharge). I've got an '02 Impala and '97 Taurus wagon that do what I need at reasonable fuel economy, but this next vehicle would eventually replace the wagon, so I've been looking at both the Traverse and Equinox. Neither is exactly what I want. The Traverse is bigger than what I really need with frightening long-term fuel economy. I could be looking at paying $100+ per fill-up toward the end of ownership of a Traverse. Sure, it's a nice-looking vehicle with decent features, but let's face it - it's the wrong design for these times given the volatility in the price of oil. The Equniox, on the other hand, SEEMS to be the better choice for us with its "adequate" interior space and fuel economy, but reading all the systemic complaints here have me afraid to buy one! Plus, there's also the cargo area issue with the Equinox. It's actually LESS functional than my Impala (at a much greater cost, of course)! This might sound weird, but my son plays bass and the bass won't fit in the Equinox when both back seats are in use (as they always are with car-pooling back and forth to school). There's also the interior narrowness of the Equinox that might make car-pooling uncomfortable. The Impala, on the other hand, handles both of these things very easily with it's wider interior and massive trunk! Maybe I should just buy another Impala, you say? Well, I really wanted something more wagon-like to eventually replace the aging Taurus. So I'm either going to buy the Equinox, save the $5000 up-front, and find some way to fit the kids and cargo into it (and hope it doesn't have all the problems detailed here), or fork over the extra $5000 up-front for the Traverse and then brace for AT LEAST $7000-$8000 more in fuel costs (over what the Equinox would cost to run) for the next 12 years or so.

Gimme another Taurus wagon. It's the best configuration out there for functionality and fuel economy. It has SUV-like cargo capacity, but in a car configuration without all the extra weight. All these SUVs are just profit centers for the manufacturers. They're wagons in a better-looking, and much more expensive, suit.
  • rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2010
    If your son plays electric bass, not acoustic stand up, try sliding the back seats all the way back and see if the bass case will fit behind the front seat and still leave enough space for student legs. I pick my nephew up from his bass lesson and he just puts his bass on the floor behind the front seats (the base case standing up, not flat down). In may be uncomfortable for the rear seat passengers, but if it's a short ride, it may not be too bad. The rear seats do slide back more than the width of a bass case.
    The other option would be to get the roof rack and rails option and fit the bass into a surfboard carrier.
    Yeah, it's an electric bass, and it's a long case (WAY longer than my guitar case)! But stupid me - I didn't even think of standing it up against the backside of the front seats! That MIGHT work. I'll have to go back with the bass in tow to see for sure. I had thought about the roof option, but mostly as a joke! There's no way they'd be able to get it up and down safely, so that's out.

I DO like the Traverse a lot, but it's really bigger than we need (and a lot more money than I want to pay over the life of the vehicle for what we need it to do). The majority of driving (80%) would be around town. For the occasional family road trips, the Equinox wouldn't be ideal with it's relatively cramped cargo area, but then I could throw the cargo box up top to remedy that. This vehicle purchase really needs to be optimized for around-town driving, and that's not the Traverse. Still, if I could get better numbers on the Traverse (best right now is $29,700 for an LT1 with Personal Conductivity, Trailering, Rear Camera), I'd probably pull the trigger. This is my last opportunity to splurge a bit before the kids leave ... and you DO only live once ...
    Turns out if fits behind the back seat in the cargo area if the back seat is pushed forward halfway. It ends up sitting on the wheel wells, but something could be placed in there to keep it from vibrating and damaging both the case and plastic panels of the vehicle.

Looks like the Equinox would work for us. Seems to be narrower than the Impala, but it's OK, I guess.

Need to come up with a checklist of things to look for when test-driving one of these things.

1.) ECO Mode vs. Non-ECO mode engine RPM and tendency of engine to stall.
    2.) Downshifting for no apparent reason.
    3.) Door and dash vibrations
    4.) Window motor functionality (listening for any odd noises or misalignments)
    5.) Center console functionality (or evidence of replacement)
    6.) Evidence of software upgrade on PCM (computer)
    7.) Electric Steering issues (notchy steering)
    8.) Excessive engine noise (clatter, ticking, etc. ... compare multiple units?)

Can't think of anything else off-hand to check for right now...
    "Can't think of anything else off-hand to check for right now..."

apparently excessive oil consumption

"3.) Door and dash vibrations"

might be 'in' the speaker or even 'amplified' by the speaker. I haven't read enough reports to determine an opinion where to start trouble-shooting, but so far I suspect there is some USB, iPod or? etc compatibility issues. And possibly pumping too high an input signal into the amp, thereby distorting at the speaker level. But that is just a hunch..
    gimmestdtranny:

I was making a list of things to check for during a test-drive. Excessive oil consumption is something that you'd discover after buying the vehicle.

Forgot about the stereo and USB/IPOD complaints ... Add that to the list...
  • wallyuwlwallyuwl Member Posts: 166
    Glad RockAuto worked for you finding wipers. Mine are about shot not, and so I will order some from there. I am glad you mentioned they are like the originals. I was not sure if the Profile line was a beam style or frame style blade, but figured they would fit because they were listed as doing so, and RA is rarely wrong on that stuff. Because of this uncertanty about the type of blade, I ordered some SilBlade ones from Amazon, only to return them because they fell off the wiper arm after about five wipes. Very poor attachment system on those. Will order the Anco ones tonight.
  • susanne123susanne123 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Did you ever get the audio issues resolved?? I have the exact same thing, static and sound going in and out of the left channel speaker. They replaced the left channel speaker and door speaker so far and it didn't help. It seems like they don't even believe me.
  • e2137e2137 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I had the left speakers replaced twice and it fixes the problem for a very short period of time and then it comes back. I now think it either has something to do with with a wiring issue or the stereo amplifier. Either the left channel wires are messed up or the amplifier left channel is malfunctioning. I felt the same way when I told them about the problem, they didn't seem to believe me either. I got really pissed and let them know that this is an issue, it will be fixed and I don't care what they have to replace to fix it, because the parts are covered under my warranty. Then all of the sudden the manager decided to get interested in trying to fix the problem. I'll keep posting any updates on my progress towards getting this fixed. Let me know if you make any progress too. For some reason, it seems to occur less during the cold months then it did during the summer, very strange. The GM car designs are improving, but hopefully any GM employees watching these posts lets management know, your service departments are light years behind the competition in terms of customer service and car servicing.
  • jomac95jomac95 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2010 Lt2 Equinox with cloth seats. After about 6000 miles my drivers seat cushion has a problem with the foam inside the seat sliding to the back of the seat and bunching up causing a roll where the seat cushion meets the seatback. I took it into the dealer and they replaced the cushion (not very well) and it sort of fixed the problem for a little while but it is now doing the same thing. Is anyone else having this issue?
    I suspect there is an incompatibility with some of the iPod USB etc uses. I believe that in some modes, it 'overdrives' the amplifier, which in turn overdrives the speaker. Or something along those lines. This was discussed here months ago. I suggest telling this to the dealer to at least rule it out.
    Desertjeepgirl,
    Have you spoke with Customer Assistance over the phone? Do you have a case with Customer Assistance? If you would please e-mail me your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and complete contact information including a good number to reach you; I would like to further look into this for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Assistance
  • wolfzr2wolfzr2 Member Posts: 20
    I have a 2010 with the sticky steering as well, and I would love to get some info on what people have done to get it repaired at the dealership. I need as much info as possible so I don't get the "We've not heard of this before" crap from them. This is a fleet vehicle, and we have 10-12 of them....

I will push for a steering motor replacement, unless I hear otherwise.
    Has anyone been able to get the "official update" on the Engine/Knocking/Dieseling? It's the end of November? I had mine in the shop today; and still receiving the same answer that it's "NORMAL" for Direct Fuel Injection. Really hoping this update comes out soon....
    :confuse:
    susanne123,
    Have you taken your vehicle in to the dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • susanne123susanne123 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I have taken it in several times. First they replaced the left door speaker, then the left channel speaker and they did a software upgrade. None of these things fixed the problem, so we have to call them and make another appointment I guess.
  • desertjeepgirldesertjeepgirl Member Posts: 5
    I've finally got the car back on the evening of the 15th. I've driven it since then several hundred miles and haven't had any problems. They fixed all the issues including the odometer. My husband also went and spoke with the service manager and he was a lot less stressed about it after he spoke to him. Hopefully the problem is solved. But I guess the lingering question is what happens if it does it again? Hopefully not. I'm concerned that what if this happens and my warranty just ran out. I don't think I can afford to keep this car much after the warranty. That was not my intention when I bought it.
    jomac95,
    I would definitely recommend taking it back to the dealer and telling them you are experiencing the problem again. Please keep me updated on your progress.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • hormelhormel Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    I have three problems. In order of severity, they are as follows:

1. Pinging/Knocking. I have switched to premium gas the last two tanks, and although the pinging has quieted down a bit, it is STILL there.

2. Sticky Transmission. The transmission occasionally binds up as others have said. It even does it around town for me after I have been idling at a light.

3. Transmission slip. Sometimes the transmission slips/bumps/revs higher for a second after switching from a lower gear into a higher gear. It seems to be doing it when going from third to fourth gear.

I have called my dealership about these issues and they said they do not have any idea what could be causing the problems. Nevertheless, I am going to bring it in to make sure I have a paper trail down the road. I have to say, however, that if GM does not fix these issues I will be filing complaints with every government agency that may be potentially responsive. In addition, I will file a lemon law complaint.

I ultimately overlooked the overhyped EPA mpg estimates. These other issues I will not overlook, though. I took a chance buying American, and I am beginning to think I will be regretting this decision for a long, long time.
  • altima2altima2 Member Posts: 3
    We just purchased a 2011 1LT Equinox and the transmission is slipping between 3rd and 4th gear too. We brought it to the dealer and of course they said they are unable to duplicate the problem. We explained to them that it is really bad when the car is cold but once it is warm, it does not do the slip as bad. The dealer told us that theycould not give us a loaner to leave the car overnight and we need to make other arrangements. We called another dealer today and theysaid this problem is common and we just need to get used to it. This is ridiculous and we only had this car for a week!
  • carguy05carguy05 Member Posts: 30
    That kind of customer service is not the way to compete with Honda and Toyota. Good Luck.
    altima2,
    Will you please e-mail me with your complete contact information including a good number to reach you, the VIN and current mileage, as well as the involved dealer? I would like to look into this further for you!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I obviously meant to say "sticky steering" as opposed to "sticky transmission." To all the people having these issues, please post if and when fixes finally come out for these items. I am holding off on filing any lemon law et al complaints for only a bit longer.
  • kristy8kristy8 Member Posts: 72
    It's funny just few days ago i had gone back to the dealership for my inspection sticker etc., and I was told again the dealership still has not received any answers to when the 'official update is due out" have you had an unofficial update done like me?
    ANOTHER issue with my nox....after my post and listed everything that's an issue with, I finially found out what the tinging noise is, it's my seat belt, I brought this to my dealerships attention a few weeks back and they ordered a new part.
    It has been about 3 weeks and still no seat belt part in stock...still waiting. The dealership has said that this tinging, clanking noise is no safety issue it's just something loose and needs to be replaced, geesh I hope so...so far the seat still
    clicks in alright I hope it's no safety issue!!!
  • altima2altima2 Member Posts: 3
    We just took our Equinox again to a second dealer for the transmission slip and they were able to re-produce the transmission slip and the dealer stated there is no fix for this issue. We contatced GM and received a case number but that's it. Our car is two weeks old today and has been in the shop twice for the slipping tranmission. We are going to try a third dealer to see if they can fix it. Wish us luck!
    No. My dealership says they have not heard about this problem at all, so they had no clue about any unofficial update. Did the unofficial update work for you or anyone else? As I recall, at least a couple people that had it on this board stated the knocking did not go away.
    Well I have to say that the knocking kind of went away I can't say that It is completely gone. I only hearing a few split seconds of it every once in great while
    only for a few seconds though not consitantly. I also went back to using the 87 grade gas. I am hoping with the 'official update" that even the slightest ping goes away. It really is a shame that the nox is having a series of sore spots arise.
    I really love the car BUT I strongly feel if more and more issues come to light then I will have to trade it in. I surely hope that future models have all the kinks worked out and this vechicle makes me happy again, cause right now I am not so sure about this car.-it's a love/hate relationship

you should call my dealership that I have been working with
    maybe they can help you with your situation, perhaps they can
    give you or your dealership the contact info at GM.
    The dealsership I have been working with is Commonwealth
    Motors, in Lawrence MA...I think I can give that info here.
    As far as whom I have been working with I can't give you his
    name, I know that's not allowed here. Good luck, let me know how
    you make out.
    No, I haven't had the unofficial update. All the dealerships I have been to all claim to know NOTHING of this problem and say it's normal for "Direct Fuel Injection". I'm really frustrated and wish this update "officially" comes out soon. I love this car except for this problem and I'm concerned that there will never be an update/bulletin released. Does Commonwealth have a service/bulletin number for the update you received, if I can give the dealership a code or service number then maybe that will get me somewhere?
  • danielpierredanielpierre Member Posts: 2
  • don1578don1578 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 with 2000 miles and on a cold startup it knocks and when decelerating while cold it knocks real bad. Called my dealership and they said they have never heard of anything like this.
    I am familiar with the unique noise a DI engine makes and this noise is not it.
    "Called my dealership and they said they have never heard of anything like this. "

If there is any company on earth that practices less communication within the company than GM, then I'd like to know which one it is.

That particular expression is the most abused reply any service advisor has ever used.

I would get a second opinion from a dif dealer. Call around if you have to.

Better still, on his PC right there in service, bring up this thread and let him see for himself it is well known out there. Good luck
    don1578,
    Have you actually taken the vehicle in to have it diagnosed or did you just call the dealer? If you haven't taken your vehicle into the dealer I would definitely recommend doing so. If you have, and you are unhappy with the diagnosis, I would recommend taking your vehicle to a different GM dealer for a second opinion. I hope this information helps. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • mjserapimjserapi Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I have taken my 2010 Equinox into the dealership twice for engine knock. The first time, which was back in June, they decarbonized the engine. The knocking got quieter but did not go away. Since then the knocking has gotten worse. I brought it back and now they are telling me that it is not engine knock but the normal sound of the fuel pump. I do not agree with this diagnosis at all. I know what the fuel pump sounds like and this is not it. It is knocking and I only hear it when the car is accelerating.
    mjserapi,
    Since you don’t agree with the dealers’ diagnosis, I would recommend getting a second opinion. If you need assistance locating a dealer in your area please let me know. Please keep me updated on your progress.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service