Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Golf Dash & Instrumentation Problems

sheenp77sheenp77 Member Posts: 1
Hi. Ive had a light on my golf mk4 sdi for a few weeks. I havent got the manual for the car but bought the haynes one and it doesnt have a list of what the warning lights are. The light thats come up is a round disc with what looks like brake pads either side. Ive replaced the pads and they had no sensors on so it couldnt be that. ive checked the fluid level and tried it with minimum and max levels and now back to in the middle and still it stays on. I was wondering if anyone out there new what this light is?
Could it be abs problem? without the manual or a reference to what the light is im a little stuck.
Cheers Steve

Comments

• Options
    dunoyerdunoyer Member Posts: 2
    The cruise control now works half the time. Any suggestions on a repair that would bring it back full time?
  • Options
    I don't know, but I have another cruise control question. I have a Golf TDI, and the cruise control can no longer keep to speed on upgrades. When I press the "accelerate" button, nothing seems to happen. The cruise works fine on the level and regulates the speed just fine downhill as well. It is as if the accelerate part of the control is missing. Anyone else have that, and does it mean replacing the unit or is something less drastic involved?
  • Options
    haroldtharoldt Member Posts: 2
    My cruise control has stopped working ('95 Golf with 85k). First noticed that it was kicking off while driving on the interstate. Turned it back on but then it quickly stopped again. My mechanic checked clutch and brake switches, etc., and replaced the turn signal cc switch. Thought I was home free when it worked for 20 miles - before stopping again. Now I am told that I need a ECU that costs over $350 for the part.
    Any suggestions other than live without cc? Does anyone sell this part at a discount?
    Harry
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Brake system, ABS, or the brake/parking brake warning light?
  • Options
    vwdawgvwdawg Member Posts: 162
    Hi All: The backlighting for all my gauges suddenly blacked out. Checked all fuses, nothing wrong there. Has anyone had this problem? Might it just be the parking lights part of the main light switch, or possibly the instrument dimmer switch? Definitely a pain in the butt. Would appreciate feedback or diagnostic approaches here. Thanks, vwdawg