Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan and Coupe

gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
edited January 2014 in INFINITI
For those who want to get the 2010 instead of 2009...

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe
For the 2009 model year, the G37 Coupe lineup expanded with the addition of a new G37x Coupe AWD model featuring Infiniti’s “intelligent” ATTESA E-TS® all-wheel drive system. For 2010, the major enhancements are found inside the seductively styled G Coupe body – with revised colors and model/option package content.

The 2010 G Coupe is available in four models – G37 Coupe, G37 Coupe Journey, G37S Coupe Sport 6MT and G37x Coupe AWD. Every G37 Coupe comes equipped with a standard 3.7-liter VQ-series V6 with VVEL (for Variable Valve Event and Lift) rated at 330 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque.

The engine is backed by a choice of an electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with available magnesium paddle shifters or a responsive 6-speed manual transmission.

The G37 Coupe’s advanced platform and chassis also includes an available 4-Wheel Active Steer system (4WAS), which helps improve vehicle handling performance by adjusting both the front steering gear ratios and the rear suspension geometry according to steering input and vehicle speed. Braking and handling is targeted to be among the best in the luxury sport coupe class.

The G37 Coupe also includes an extensive list of available technology features, including a touch screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic information (XM® subscription required, sold separately), RearView Monitor and an available 11-speaker Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® audio system with 24-bit Burr Brown DAC, 3-way door speaker arrays with 10-inch woofers and a 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive.

The 2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe goes on sale in January 2010.

Changes for 2010 include:

* Revised interior colors and new aluminum interior trim appearance
* New white gauge color scheme
* New center console design with revised lower center stack on automatic transmission equipped models
* New available next generation Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with all-new features, including higher resolution graphics, Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews, XM Weather® reports (in addition to XM NavTraffic®), Speed Limited Advisories and fastest-route-calculation based on statistical traffic data (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
* New available Spanish language support for navigation displays and Voice Recognition functions
* New rain-sensing wipers
* New available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) – automatically shuts outside air vents when exhaust fumes are detected, while its Grape Polyphenol Filter removes airborne allergens from the cabin and the Plasmacluster™ air purifier uses charged ions to help reduce or neutralize airborne germs
* HomeLink® Universal Transceiver and Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System added to the Journey model
* Heated seats and heated outside mirrors added to the Journey model
* RearView Monitor now standard on the Journey model
* 2GB Music Box Flash Memory Music Server added to the Premium Package
* Revised 18-inch wheel color (lighter)
* One new exterior color

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan
In 2009, the Infiniti G Sedan added a new, larger 328-horsepower 3.7-liter “VVEL” V6 and available 7-speed automatic transmission, along with available sport brakes, new 18-inch wheels and numerous other enhancements. The G37 Sedan continues to be refined for 2010, with a number of additions and refinements to the exterior, interior and model/option package content.

The 2010 G37 Sedan is available in four models – G37 Sedan, G37 Sedan Journey, G37x Sedan AWD and G37S Sedan Sport 6MT. Its strikingly seductive exterior continues to be defined by its sleek wave form hood, signature G-style taillights and raked A-pillars and athletic stance – along with new front and rear fascias, new grille, new headlight treatments and redesigned 17-inch wheels for 2010. Inside, the G37 Sedan offers a crafted, heritage-inspired interior environment and luxury features such as standard leather-appointed seating and an available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose®.

The G37 Sedan’s advanced engine combines with the second-generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform – featuring a 4-wheel independent suspension with lightweight aluminum components – to provide responsive acceleration and agile handling. The G37x AWD adds Infiniti’s “intelligent” ATTESA E-TS® all-wheel drive system.

Advanced technologies include standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and available RearView Monitor; a touch screen Infiniti Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® real-time traffic information and 9.3GB Music Hard Drive (XM® subscription required, sold separately); Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) and Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.

The 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan goes on sale in January 2010.

Changes for 2010 include:

* New grille design
* New Base model front fascia with new headlight design and separated (from headlights) fog lights
* New Sport model front fascia with integrated fog lights and “blacked out” sport headlights
* New rear fascia
* Revised interior colors
* Revised aluminum interior trim
* New white gauge color scheme
* New center console design with revised lower center stack on automatic transmission equipped models
* New available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) – automatically shuts outside air vents when exhaust fumes are detected, while its Grape Polyphenol Filter removes airborne allergens from the cabin and the Plasmacluster™ air purifier uses charged ions to help reduce or neutralize airborne germs
* Standard 8-way power-adjustable passenger seat and one-touch auto up/down rear windows on Base model
* New available next generation Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with all-new features, including higher resolution graphics, Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews, XM Weather® reports (in addition to XM NavTraffic®), Speed Limited Advisories and fastest-route-calculation based on statistical traffic data (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
* New available Spanish language support for navigation displays and Voice Recognition functions
* New available USB input plays music from a compatible iPod®, flash drive or other compatible mass storage device
* HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and automatic anti-glare rearview mirror added to the Journey model
* Heated seats and heated outside mirrors added to the Journey model
* RearView Monitor now standard on the Journey model
* New Bluetooth® Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) included in Navigation Package – allow users to stream two-channel audio from a compatible device to the vehicle audio system
* DVD-Video playback included in Navigation Package
* 2GB Music Box Flash Memory Music Server ad

Comments

• snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    Interesting...some minor updates, but I don't see any mention of the direction injection updates (rumored to encompass ~340-350hp and a slight bump in fuel economy).
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Thank you for the information. Do you have any picture of (or link to such) the new interior/exterior designs?
  • sjaievesjaieve Member Posts: 252
    Nissan already has a 350HP engine in the Nismo 370Z, adding DI to that engine could bring the HP north of that. At this stage of the game I dont think they see the need to up the HP during a midcycle refresh. Most likely you will see the bump in the 2012 complete redesign. In any case I think there are watching the competition, once they make a move Nissan will try to out perform them this time. They got burnt last time when they brought in the 306HP G35 when only the 330i was available, only to be chopped off at the knees when the 335i came out.

Got to love the changes in the 2010 though, this is one car company that knows to pull the right moves.

For pics, watch the 2010 M when it comes out some time this month at Pebble Beach, that will give you an idea of whats coming in the 2010, before that, I doubt you will find anything.
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    it was pretty much confirmed that the G series will receive the new DI engine mid-cycle, sometime after the new M series debuts with DI early next year. as for a specific date, no one really knows but infiniti. but after reading this interesting 2010 upgrade list, it appears the year for the G engine upgrade will be 2011 or mid-2010.
    Interesting, if the M is receiving a redesign for 2010 (with the same VQ37VHR as the G37), its quite possible the G will get the same treatment the year after. The only reservation I have with this line of thought is Infiniti would probably want to wait for BMW to make their move 1st, its more prudent for them seeing there are the underdog to the 335i. But you are right, only Nissan knows when it will happen ;)
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    White gauges??? Can't stand em. Hope there is an option to keep the present beautiful gauge cluster.
  • chiro444chiro444 Member Posts: 17
    When does the 2010 G37 come out?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Slotted for Jan 2010 (see original post) ;)
  • carjimcarjim Member Posts: 155
    Based on the ride and drive of my EX, my question is, will the G37 have a comparable ride? To put it another way, did they calibrate the ride to be less rough?
    The G has always had a harsh ride compared to the BMW 3. Infiniti needs to match the Bimmers' supple ride.
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    I think both the G37 and the 3-series offer an excellent balance between precise handling (which requires a firmly-configured suspension) and a comfortable ride. Of course, this balance varies depending on the model and packages (e.g. a base 328i rides softer than the 335 with the M sport package, which in turn is softer than the M3). Only you can judge if the ride firmness is acceptable for you, so go out and test them.

(Personally, on my G37xS, I'm looking forward to the day when the shocks start wearing down and I can firm up the ride to improve grip and reduce body roll!)
  • carjimcarjim Member Posts: 155
    Here we are on the down side of September and I have not seen any images of the 2010 G. The reason may be because I do not know where to find them. Has anyone seen some pics?
    You wont find anything, trust me. For direction of where there are taking the 2010 I would look at the new M, even then, the G's interior has never been the same as the M's and I doubt the grill will look the same, but you will at least get an idea. Believe me, you are not the only one hunting for the pics:)

I am pretty confident the 2010 will look nicer, Infiniti rarely disappoints when it comes to styling . When is Infiniti going to upgrade the interior quality of the G to match the EX :confuse:
  • oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that the G37 refresh won't be as bad as the M series refresh.
  • rll4rll4 Member Posts: 8
    I too am curious on the changes to the G37 for 2010. Won't be buying till early
    2010. If anyone finds a website with photos please reply with link.

Thanks,
    RL
  • cybernevetscybernevets Member Posts: 12
    Other than the additional "X" on the rear badging, are there any other visual differences (switches, setup options, readouts, etc.) between the G37 coupe and the G37x coupe with premium packages? Does the non-X have the on/off snow rocker between the heated seat controls? Anything else?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I have a question regarding the G37 Coupe. I believe I may have
    read somewhere that the exhaust note on the G37 Coupe is more
    muted than what it was on the G35 Coupe. That's one of the things I've always liked about the G35 was that special sound that
    it had, whether it was moving at light throttle or hard throttle.

I'd like to hear anyone's comments about this, particularly if you've
    had the chance to drive both vehicles. Thanks
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Does the non-X have the on/off snow rocker between the heated seat controls?

My G37S 6MT does not
  • addamsaddams Member Posts: 74
    Good luck A few floating around. Just went to the car show and Infiniti only had a 2010 M35 and a FX, rest were all 2009 models at the 2010 car show.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Addams, lucky for you that Infiniti/Nissan even bothered to show up at the auto show in your town. In Tampa, Fl, they didn't show up this year, and neither did Mercedez-Benz!
  • stevet6stevet6 Member Posts: 2
    WARNING – I WOULDN’T BUY THE INIFNITI G37.

After owner a number of other performance cars (three BMW’s and two Audi’s) I decided to look at the Infiniti G37 this spring. After test driving it a few times I took the plunge and bought a G37 with some custom modifications done by the dealership.

The was great until it after four months the service engine light came on and it stopped running. After it was towed to the dealership they called and told me that the reason the car stopped running is that it was nearly out of oil and that I would be responsible for the repair costs because I had failed to make my regularly scheduled oil change. When I asked who the oil light never came on I was told that on the Infiniti the warning light doesn’t come on until the car is out of oil (some warning!). So, in the end, in order to get my car back I had to pay another $3000.

Now I will be the first to admit that I should have made that regularly scheduled maintenance appointment – and I know the importance of regular maintenance. That said, I would expect a brand new car to run for four months without needing $3k worth of repairs and the argument about the warning light is ridiculous.

So, it’s a good ride, but be warned. Next time I will go back to BMW or Audi.
    I'm wondering since they said they won't be out until Jan. if they won't show up at one of the biggest auto show in LA. It's in Dec.
    i understand your troubles with the G, but that's hardly reason to run a diatribe against infiniti. if you expect a new car to run without oil or gas, then you are unrealistic. infiniti doesnt put in those maintenance mile markers in the book for fun; theyre there to ensure smooth and troublefree ownership. you ignored their requirement and now you complain.

i hope when you switch to bmw or audi, you dont experience any other problems. and believe me, their cars can be much more troublesome than a thirsty engine.
  • rll4rll4 Member Posts: 8
    I did not see miles driven only time. (4 months not 4 years) Anyway a new car should not burn oil in this amount unless there was a problem with the motor or it never had oil to begin with. You are talking at least 4 quarts. The exhaust would have looked like
    mosquito repellent fog or there would have been a puddle of oil on the garage floor due to a leak. Perhaps Infiniti installed a two stroke!

I would get a second opinion. No way this can be normal.

By the way, who is the dealer I want to stay away from them.

Thanks for the warning.
  • dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    I already have a good purchase price on a Lexus IS 250 MT, but I will like to see what the 2010 Infiniti G37 is going to be like before I close the deal, I hope Nissan have adjusted the gas comsumption issue with this car.
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    Sorry about your misfortune in running out of oil in your engine. Did anyone figure out why your car was out of oil?

Also, this is a reminder that the oil level should be checked regularly. It is not something that is left for the next scheduled oil change.

How often is the oil supposed to be changed?
    The 250 should get better mpg. Comparing that to the G37 is apples to oranges.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    The was great until it after four months the service engine light came on and it stopped running. After it was towed to the dealership they called and told me that the reason the car stopped running is that it was nearly out of oil

I would dig more about the reason behind the oil warning light.. The story doesn't make any sense at all. First most oil warning light turn on when oil is low not out of it. Read your owner manual, they should tell you how the oil warning light work. Second, if you oil is running so low, you should have some other warning like high temperature light turn on.. And the 3000 bill, what does it include? it almost sound like rebuilding the engineer.. This is a post from another G37 owner about the low oil warning (before oil run out...)..

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f47/low-oil-warning-light-47449/

Before I start, just to clarify this is regarding low oil warning, not oil pressure warning. It is the same light, difference is it comes on solid and stays on while there is low/no pressure. The low oil warning flashes the oil light for 30 seconds after starting and "oil lo" is displayed above the tripmeter/odo. The manual says the petrol owners don't get this feature

I got the low oil warning 3 times in a row the other day. First time was starting a warm engine in my driveway which is a slight up hill gradient (which is the same place it gets parked since the day I bought it). As soon as I saw it 50 meters down the road I pulled over, shut down and checked the oil level which was spot on the full mark, checked the scan gauge for any codes but it had no codes stored, I also checked the manual cause I didn't know what was going on with it flashing, which is when I found out all the info above. So after that I started up to continue my trip and it happened again straight away, I went to work and left the car for about 4 hours after double checking the level again. Then I got the low oil warning again when I started it to go home.

I'm using 10W-40 synthetic oil at the moment and a Ryco filter, the oil and filter gets changed every 5000km. Last oil change was about 2 months ago, and nothing has been changed since.
  • woj207woj207 Member Posts: 54
    I've been waiting for the 2010 G37 sedan and used the "contact us" option from the Infiniti website and asked about release date.

They said "tenative wholesale release date of December 17th" 31 days away.

No pricing yet....
    They just told me sometime in Jan.
    Interesting. Did you get that reply from nnaconsumeraffairs@nissan-usa.com? Thats who replied to me with the 17th date. "The 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan has a tentative wholesale release date of December 17, 2009. "
  • pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    Scratch Shield paint. Discontinued in the US market at least. I wonder why?
    Makes me wonder if I should get a 10 instead of an 09.
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    I've been told that the Scratch Sheild paint is discontinued because it is very expensive to produce and difficult for body shops to duplicate. Infiniti dealer said customer surveys indicated that the option was not the reason they purchased an Infiniti.
  • pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    That makes sense. I have read that there were problems early on when it came to repairs that required repainting. For one thing, this paint can't be high speed buffed like a traditional clearcoat, and it can't be blended over with traditional clearcoat paint. Infiniti has issued more information to body shops regarding paint suppliers and techniques to use when repairing ssp. Obviously, it also looks like a cost cutting move on Infinitis' part. Interestingly, the company has just licensed ssp to NTT DoCoMo, who will apply the technology to cell phone finishes.
    I lifted this information from a G forum website. Enjoy :)

2010 G Sedan
    Models and Packages

Trim level content revised

The following features are now standard on all G Sedans:
    • 8-way power front-passenger’s seat
    • Auto-up/down for rear windows

The following features are now standard on G37 Journey, G37x AWD, and G37S Sport 6MT:
    • Heated front seats and heated outside mirrors (previously standard only on G37x)
    • Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass
    • HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
    • Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System1
    • RearView Monitor2
    • USB port3 for iPod® and other devices (replaces previously available CompactFlash® card reader and Interface System for iPod®)

G37S Sport 6MT receives the contents of the Premium Package as standard equipment.
    The front cigarette lighter, front and rear ashtrays, and first aid kit are now accessories.

Packages revised:

The Technology Package is no longer available on G37S Sport 6MT.
    The contents of other packages have been revised. See G Sedan Features and Specifications under the Additional Vehicle Info tab for package details.

Exterior:
    Exterior styling updated
    Freshened styling gives all G Sedans a new look and creates greater differentiation among models.
    All G Sedans receive new front grille and rear fascia styling. In addition, fog lights are now integrated into the front fascia, making it easier for customers to recognize this standard feature.
    G37, G37 Journey, and G37x AWD share new front fascia styling and a new 17-inch wheel design.
    G37S Sport 6MT and models equipped with the Sport Package have a unique sport front fascia and blackened headlight reflectors.
    Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) discontinued

AFS is deleted from the Technology Package and is no longer available.

Rear spoiler availability revised
    A factory-installed rear spoiler is no longer available. A smaller “lip type” rear spoiler remains available as an accessory.
    Scratch Shield paint discontinued

Cross-Linking Clear Coat paint replaces Scratch Shield paint.
    Exterior color choices revised Vibrant Red, Smoky Quartz, and Graphite Shadow are added.
    Garnet Ember, Sahara Sandstone, and Platinum Graphite are no longer available.

Interior:
    Power lumbar support discontinued
    Power driver’s seat lumbar support is deleted from the Premium Package and no longer available. All G Sedans have manual driver’s seat lumbar support.
    Interior appearance updated
    Freshened interior styling includes:
    • New center console design (A/T only)
    • Predominantly white color scheme for analog gauges and Vehicle Information System display
    • Revised interior color schemes and requirements
    • Shodo-finish aluminum trim replaces washi-finish aluminum trim. Shodo trim is inspired by a style of Japanese calligraphy. The texture on the trim resembles the graceful brushstrokes found in the art of Shodo.
    • Maple interior accents on the center console, instrument panel, and doors replace the previous African Rosewood trim.

Comfort and Convenience:
    Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) (Optional on G37 Journey and G37x AWD) ACCS is now available as part of the Technology Package.
    Rain-sensing windshield wipers (Optional on G37 Journey and G37x AWD) Rain-sensing wipers are now available as part of the Technology Package.
    Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System4 updated (Optional on G37 Journey, G37x AWD, and G37S Sport 6MT) The next-generation hard-drive-based navigation system adds the following new features:
    • 7-inch high-resolution color touch screen monitor
    • 40GB hard drive for mapping data
    • Enhanced city map view (in selected markets) with more street and building detail
    • DVD audio/video playback capability
    • Expanded point-of-interest (POI) database, which includes off-ramp services, speed limit information, and expanded 2-word searches
    • Zagat®5 restaurant guide with sorting based on personal preferences and the Zagat rating system
    • Streaming audio, which allows Bluetooth®-compatible playback devices to stream audio files to the system
    • XM NavWeather™6, which displays on-demand weather information

Rear Sonar System7 (G37S Sport 6MT; optional on G37 Journey and G37x AWD) Rear Sonar System is now available as part of the Premium Package.
    Cargo net availability revised The cargo net, previously standard, is now available as an accessory.
    Audio Systems
    USB port (G37 Journey, G37x AWD, and G37S Sport 6MT) USB port allows connectivity for iPod® and other music storage devices and allows playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC music formats. As a result, the Interface System for iPod® is no longer offered.
    In-dash 6-disc CD changer discontinued All audio systems now have a single CD player.
    Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose®8 audio system revised (G37S Sport 6MT; optional on G37 Journey and G37x AWD) A 2GB Music Box® loads and stores music from commercial CDs onto a flash drive. (Navigation-equipped models have a 9.3GB Music Box.)
    The 24-bit Burr-Brown Digital-to-Analog Converter is deleted.

1-Availability of specific features is dependent upon the phone’s Bluetooth® support. Please refer to your phone owner’s manual for details. Cell phone not included. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Infiniti is under license.
    2-The RearView Monitor is a convenience, but is not a substitute for proper backing procedures. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. May not detect every object behind you.
    3-Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Do not operate any devices connected to the auxiliary input while driving.
    4-Never program while driving. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road regulations. Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System may be inoperable in some areas. It is operational in the United States and Canada.
    5-Zagat Survey® is a registered trademark of Zagat Survey, LLC Ltd.
    6-Required XM Radio, XM NavTraffic and XM NavWeather subscriptions sold separately after trial period. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes will apply. XM NavTraffic available in select markets. XM Services available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. Fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions governed by XM Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. ©2009 SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. SIRIUS, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
    7-The Rear Sonar System is a convenience, but is not a substitute for proper backing procedures. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. May not detect every object behind you.
    8-Bose is a registered trademark of The Bose Corporation.
    So from this post above, is the Rosewood option gone? if so that sucks... What color is "maple?"

"Maple interior accents on the center console, instrument panel, and doors replace the previous African Rosewood trim."
    maple is light brown, almost like birch. i think it might look better, considering the rosewood received a lot of flack for its fake-wood appearance.

there are a lot of upgrades for the sedan. if i were looking at the sedan, the 2010 might be worth waiting for.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    I am amazed by Infiniti for doing such a great job in keeping the secrecy of the 2010 G's. It is now about two weeks from the "official' release date (some said Dec. 5, some said Dec. 17), and we have not seen any photo of the refreshed styling. Wow!

Any one got anything to share??
    there are photos of the new sedan. and it's not the chinese picture. click on the link below to see it. there are also pictures of the new wheels, but u have 2 find it on ur own. :P

link title
    yea, those are nice photos, but they are not all that high of quality. I'm not basing my purchase on an airbrushed photo from a website (you can see the arrow cursor in the corner) or a black and white zoom photos of the tires or front end.

patience is a virtue I hear.
    I think Infiniti hopes to dump the 09's with the scratch shield paint by not coming out with any info on the 2010.
    infiniti is replacing scratch shield paint with cross-linking clear coat paint.
    Yes I know so why?
    actually, infiniti told me not to share the reason. sorry.
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Member Posts: 10
    if whatever mentioned above is true for 2010 updates, the following things are pretty bad to miss on 2010

1. Scratch shield paint
    2. Adaptive Front Lightening System
    3. Ipod Integration

Particularly, Scratch shield paint and Ipod integration got rave reviews in various sites. Dont know any particular reason why they are taking them off.
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Member Posts: 10
    could you please post the links for this information
    from what i know, this was information passed along to a potential 2010 buyer from a dealership salesman by email, which was subsequently posted on a G-series forum. trust me, these updates are legit. but i can't prove it till they officially release the updates.
    I was at the Nissan/Infiniti site and (if this link works) it seems to indicate AFLS as a standard feature. And Ipod integration as a USB connection or Bluetooth.

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=793&mid=140
    yeah that is odd regarding the AFS. i guess the infiniti website is more accurate. we shall see.