Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Kia Soul Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    02whttrib02whttrib Member Posts: 39
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome 02whttrib.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    mazdarecks7mazdarecks7 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. I was looking to obtain the current buy money factor and residulas for the 2013 Kia Soul. Can you help? thanks!
  • Options
    Hi mazdarecks7. Kia Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a base 2013 Soul 1.6L with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    iamgarygnuiamgarygnu Member Posts: 41
    Hi All (Car_man),
    I made an "impulse buy" yesterday for a work car that will be vehicle wrapped - but I can still potentially get out (or weasel out) - I usually research the daylights out of things, but I got hit with gentle "high pressure" and my greed took over.
    New ! premiere, loaded, some other nickel and dime options i didn't want - essentially the sticker was about $23,104 + $775, i got them to drop the $4k plus they tried to add on as some sort of dealer installed crap - anyway, they claimed a money factor (which i didn't right down) but when multiplied by 2400 gave me i believe 2.34 % - they claimed a roughly 60% residual, and lease payments of $299/month + tax, $1,500 down, 12k/miles per year.
    did i do alright? i felt very blind at the dealership, and they used the blank piece of paper thing - never showing me actual invoice, etc.
    i don't know if there's dealer cash (i think $500 incentive), and they claimed the dealership had money left over from last month to put towards deals.
    Did i do alright or get ripped off? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Hi iamgarygnu. Wow $4,000 in dealer add-ons. That would be enough to scare me away right off the bat ;). The money factor that you were quoted looks about right. Do you know what selling price you paid? That would make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    iamgarygnuiamgarygnu Member Posts: 41
    Thanks Car_man. The $4,000 was a fantasy of theirs that I laughed in their face and had them disregard (they even had their tale between their legs) - anyway, we ultimately went forward, something like $24, 029 MSRP, less $500 rebate, I put down $1,500 (tax, tags, first month, donut fee), and I THINK they threw in $1k cash for capital reduction. My final monthly is $299/month including tax. I had been offered $316 elsewhere so I THINK I did alright - MF was something like .00096, with residual of 55% if i read the numbers correctly - i think i did alright.
    if not, well, too late :(
  • Options
    tctechtctech Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    Please provide lease terms for minimum miles and minimum term for the base model Soul with manual transmission, Tier 1 credit. Thanks very much, TerryC
  • Options
    Hi TerryC. Kia Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Soul with manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00106 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    kstirtzkstirtz Member Posts: 2
    Just wondering what the current residual and money rates are for 2013 Kia Soul base model with auto transmission, 16" wheels and remote start>

Also, would those be similar for a Pus model with the same options and the 2.0 engine?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi kstirtz. Kia Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Soul Base with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Soul Plus with an auto transmission are .00154 and 53%.

Kia is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    kstirtzkstirtz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car_man!
  • Options
    desidondesidon Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2013
    Does kia offer a 24 month lease?

Also can you please post July residuals and MF for soul plus with auto tranny.

Anyone know when the 2014 be out?
  • Options
    You're very welcome kstirtz.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi desidon. The shortest lease that I have seen on the Soul is 36-months. I can give you the info for that term if you'd like.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    desidondesidon Member Posts: 29
    Sure Carman...pls give me the July info for Soul for 36 months for 10K and 12K miles pls

Thx in advance.
  • Options
    unicornvalleyunicornvalley Member Posts: 1
    I know there's nothing much to be done now. Everytime I look at my 2013 Kia Soul I get nauseous thanks to my experience.

Have Tier 1 credit, was being given $4900 for my trade in AND I put down $1000. Of course, excited to get rid of the trade in and get into a new car - I admit, my mother and I didnt fully read the contract. Big mistake, I know.

Once home I realized the "agreed upon amount" of the car the finance guy put down was $1900 OVER sticker price!!! When I went in the next day to question this he said to me "Why does that bother you?" (WHAAT?!?) Talked to the manager who tried to smooth talk me and say that's because they couldn't show negative equity to the bank on my trade in. (again.. WHAT?!)

Turns out on top of that - the finance guy stuck me with another $10 a month for GAP insurance.. He pushed this so hard - of course I didnt know at the time that gap insurance is automatically included in all Kia leases. I took my paperwork to another Kia who told me what they had done was illegal - he also pointed out that no where in my paperwork does it specifically say the extra $10 a month I'm paying is FOR gap insurance - which is another red flag ("notice they didnt document it?").

I'm leasing for 3 years - $169 (with "gap") a month. I love the payment price but like I said I am sick to my stomach at the experience and what has been done. Does this sound fishy to anyone? When I called about the gap insurance - the "manager" said "Oh no he wouldn't charge you for gap insurance -- that was just uh.. probably protection for your down payment" (WHAT!?!?!??!)

Just a horrible, horrible experience. :( Kia has told me to contact consumer affairs - which I definitely will be doing.
  • Options
    seattlelatteseattlelatte Member Posts: 6
    Hello Carman,

Can you please post the October 2013 residuals value and money factor for Soul Base (LX) with auto trans. Looking right now at a lease deal of $167/per mo. 36 mo. 12,000mi/yr . $1999 due at signing.

Also any incentives to watch out for this month .

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Sorry... we didn't get the Kia numbers for October.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    doc_vdoc_v Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2014

Just leased a 2014 Base Soul with auto. Residual was 63% and money factor of .00181, sale price of $16,313 plus tax, lic. etc. Price was through Costco buyers program. No other incentives were offered. Traded in a 2011 lease return with 15,800 miles. Got $11,300 on the trade in with a $10,500 payoff, so $800 toward new lease, plus $2k cash down. $201 monthly payments on 3 year lease with 36k mile.