Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Suzuki Kizashi

Comments

• Options
    my mistake
  • Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited April 2010
    it is weird that Suzuki East Wichita raised their prices like that on the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi I want. Why?

What's even weirder is that they upped the price right after I mentioned what it was here on Edmunds. Da ya ever get the feeling that more people read these Edmunds threads than ya think?

I wonder if there's any car lovers out there who are afraid to log on and communicate directly over the Interweb with us here on Edmunds?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited April 2010
    it is weird that Suzuki East Wichita raised their prices like that on the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi I want. Why?

You're probably right. Somebody from the dealership is monitoring the Suzuki threads and know you are gaga over. Kidding but I guess it could happen.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You're probably right. Somebody from the dealership is monitoring the Suzuki threads and know you are gaga over. Kidding but I guess it could happen.

Man, this one kinda gives me the creeps. Like they did see it and changed the price. Or, what is probably the truth, is that someone listed the wrong prices on several '10 Suzuki Kizashi's at Suzuki Wichita East and they noticed their error and fixed it...entirely on their own.

I'm sure that's it.

Sort of...sure.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    have I remarked lately how this white 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport in 6-speeds is the latest new car that I would like ta purchase? Looks great in white, it's because of how Suzuki trimmed this pup out. I wouldn't add a single thing to the car anywhere. Just enjoy the hell outta it. ;)

Big, beefy, bodacious and beautiful. In white no less.

• Options
    If I could, I would add about 10-15 more hp, an interactive nav system, heated and cooled seats, and a bit more sound deadening.
  • Options
    Um...excuse me, but no one here that I have seen has "lambashed" you (or lambasted you). I for one do like your enthusiasm, and if not for you, this thread would be awfully silent.

At the same time, you must understand that lots of people (including the majority of mid-size buyers out there) do not see it the way you do. I think the Kizashi is a good value, but it is arguable whether it is the "best" value. So far, none of the auto magazines (even while praising it) see it as the very best either. This is a very subjective thing. Your opinion is valid and it is great you are so enthused about it. But to expect others to see it your way, when the car doesn't meet their needs as well as it does yours, is perhaps going a bit too far in your enthusiasm.

I don't see for example the 2011 Sonata as being the be-all, end-all of the discussion either. But at the same time, with its 200 hp, full-size interior, specially hardened pistons, 35 mpg highway figure, heated and cooled seats available, 274 hp version available (twin scroll turbochargers generally used on much more expensive engines), it is very competitive...in other words, its got some street cred.

Is it for you? Sounds like not. But it is meeting the needs of a lot of folks and sales are skyrocketing. It is no more expensive than the Kizashi, comparably equipped. So it comes down to personal preference. as well as other factors (resale and overall satisfaction). I think Suzuki has a good start, but still a ways to go to be competitive in this market. And I say that as a Suzuki owner and long-time admirer.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    enlighten me, please. Is the 2011 Hyundai Sonata even offered in 5-speed or 6-speed manual form?

Know this, too. I only have 152 horses in my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I don't need twin turbos. Then again, if someone else does, good for them.

I did go overboard, but, when I like something I go 186 mph balls-to-the-proverbial wall for it.

When I work as a Respiratory Therapist, I don't just do the bare minimum. If I have the patient for more than, say, 3 days, I get to know them. I ask them about theirselves. I befriend them. This pays dividends to me later, because they tell other people about my care for them.

Back to my Lancer GTS. It has more than enough power. The 2011 Suzuki Kizashi 6-speed manual has 185 horses within a 2.4L 4-banger. That will be more than enough for me.

I totally agree with your post above and thank you for your support.

As Jason Isbell of The Drive-By Truckers belts out in their tune 'Never Gonna Change', "We ain't never gonna change, we ain't doin' nuthin' wrong!"

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I realize that I can't bring everyone over to my side, gregg vw. I will say this, it's awfully nice being over on my side.

And on the side of both Mitsubishi Motors of Japan and Suzuki Motors of Japan. I don't even think I need Kia Motors of South Korea any more. And that, ladies and dirty dirty germs, is a change.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in Vivid Red

• Options
    Of course you don't need Kia. But you are abandoning them just as they are getting really really good.

BTW, the 2011 Sonata with a 2.4 liter is available with a 6 speed manual transmission. This, even though there is little call anymore for stick transmissions here. Thus, most manufacturers are selling fewer of them. And it makes sense. The new continuously variable transmissions and the double clutch manuals that can be shifted automatically (like VW and Audi offer, among others) both accelerate about as well as a stick, and as a bonus, tend to offer slightly better mpg. In this way, they are superior to many 6 speed automatics. And of course 7 speed and 8 speed transmissions are available now in some luxury cars and will work their way down to more plebeian rides. All forms of automatic shifting tend to be more durable now than manual shifting units. So, the human operated clutch is just going to get more scarce. I like shifting for myself, but I also know that things change.

Anyway, get your Kizashi. Suzuki needs the business and enthusiasm. I haven't (as I have said before) ruled it out. But for me my next ride will not be easy to choose. There is so much good out there now. And that 2011 Kia Optima not only looks be well-engineered, but it is really pretty in a classy sort of way. I like the looks of the Kizashi too, but find it a bit derivative of the last two iterations of the Jetta. Good direction for them though, as Suzuki is likely to be VW's next takeover, after they finish acquiring Porsche fully. As a manufacturer, VW already has the widest array of brands (VW, Skoda, SEAT, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti). Suzuki will get them a much better foothold in India.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if I'm not mistaken VW already owns 20% of Suzuki as I type this pup out. So, they're already in like flint.

Yep, VW will take the small kei-class car prowess of Suzuki and it will pay dividends for them wherever people are looking for small values in cars like Suzuki creates.

I just grow fonder and fonder of Suzuki as a carmaker everyday. My old boss is Willcox drives a Tracker, sold by Chevy but made by Suzuki. He said it is rock solid and runs great, it's about 10 years old.

Yeah, after we get moved and I start my new Respiratory Therapy job in Nevada, and have had a chance ta take one of our Edmunds hosts, steve, out for a coffee and cookies, I'll no doubt order me up a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in 6-speeds and either Platinum Metallic Silver, Vivid Red or White Water Pearl in color.

Oh, one other thing. Did you know that that very Suzuki will only run me about $22,799 before tax and license? Someone over in the Midsize Sedans 2.0 thread was quoting $26,000 and $27,000 prices for Kizashi's over there. Please people, do your homework before spouting out injustices like that. $23,000 is a lot less than $27,000 and it means a lot ta me when car shopping. For goodness sakes.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS

I'm strongly considering getting a white Kizashi, pictured here. Suzuki calls it White Water Pearl. This would be my 3rd white car. I owned a '66 Ford Fairlane in white, and a 1986 Mercury Lynx SW in white. The Lynx SW had red pinstriping, too.

That 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS just rocks in white, man. Crikey, I even like that chrome door moulding going at an angle up from the front to the back! I'm in love again! It's such an exciting feeling!

• Options
    edited April 2010
    lookie what I found, man.

2010 Kizashi
    Trim:GTS
    Color:Vivid Red
    Drivetrain:FWD
    Transmission:MT

West Valley Suzuki
    3146 West 3500 South
    West Valley City, UT 84119
    801-967-9696
    E-mail Suggested Starting Price: $22,849*
    Get a Quote
    Click here for a map
    Distance: 199.0 miles

That is the closer one ta Elko, NV, where we're moving in a few weeks. Then there's this one.

2010 Kizashi
    Trim:GTS
    Color:Vivid Red
    Drivetrain:FWD
    Transmission:MT

Doug Smith Suzuki
    501 W Main St
    American Fork, UT 84003
    801-492-1110
    E-mail Suggested Starting Price: $22,849*
    Get a Quote
    Click here for a map
    Distance: 209.9 miles

Those distances are like a spit in to the wind in Nevada. Note that they're both Vivid Red (my current front-running color for a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS or a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS...I'd pay $22,849 for either of them) and they're both manual trannies. ;)

WHOO-HOO!

I just sent for a "quick-quote" to three dealers. Let's see who wants ta sell me a car the most. :P

BTW-one can't get a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in White Water Pearl. It's apparently against Suzuki's rules. I just built my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS just the way I want it on Suzuki's USA website. And the White Water Pearl color can't be chosen. Just the color I want, Vivid Red, Platinum Silver Metallic, Black Pearl Metallic and Azure Grey Metallic.

• Options
    boosuzukiboosuzuki Member Posts: 3
    I have had my SLS AWD Kizashi for less that 2 months and this is what has happened...
    imageimage

And there is even more damage than that. The Rockford Fosgate system is great BUT there is a Technical Service Bulletin out right now that says the amp is defective. My sound goes up and down randomly. That's another problem, the Technical Service Bulletin's are almost impossible to get if you're not the dealer. Satellite radio does not come standard...the button is there...but the system is more money (and quite a bit more) Besides these issues, it is a great car. I'm a geek and love the USB port and bluetooth. It would've been a perfect car except for these problems. Suzuki says it's not a "known issue" and will do nothing about the paint. Just saying...make sure to check the paint before you buy it. I know I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew this stuff. I told Suzuki my only retribution was to inform the public. They're not standing behing their work.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    wow, that is indeed upsetting. Sorry to hear of this bad news about the paint you experienced with your Kizashi. Can you re-post the bad news about the Rockford Fosgate stereo? It doesn't show up in the above post because your picture is a tad too big. Hope you get better support from your Suzuki dealer in the near future.

I have decided to just sit tight and enjoy our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. It has everything my wife and I need and I really love it's bodystyle more than the 2010-2011 Suzuki Kizashi's bodystyle.

I do think that engineering-wise the new Kizashi for 2010 and the 2011 Kizashi Sport will stand the test of time and be safe, reliable, beautiful cars to own and operate.

I remain very interested and the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi is my 2nd favorite rig on the market right now. :D

• Options
    stapletondocstapletondoc Member Posts: 14
    The honeymoon period is over for me. Since the paint chip issue emerged for some Kizashi owners, I have stopped recommending the Kizashi to anyone. I was one of the Kizashi's biggest fans, posting incredibly positive reviews at edmunds.com, cars.com, vehix.com, kbb.com, etc. I will no longer be comparing it to my beloved C-Class Mercedes. Mercedes customer service (or Audi or Acura) would be doing back flips to get any and all new car issues corrected to the customer's satisfaction. Now, I realize that Suzuki is just a budget car company....and that this might be like comparing apples to green beans...but still, Suzuki has everything riding on Kizashi's success. Common sense would dictate that Suzuki would be more pro-active in making Kizashi owners just a little bit more happy than it has thus far.

Suzuki corporate culture must be identical to Toyota. Ignore all problems at all costs. Customers are always wrong. Oh, the arrogance! If Suzuki ever plans to play with the big boys in the US, it had better get its act together in regards to customer service. Word gets around very fast if customers are treated well, or otherwise.
  • Options
    I think Toyota, if slow with initial response to unintended acceleration, has been bending over backwards trying to address the many problems that have surfaced. The Lexus model for example, was immediately pulled off the market, and a fix is already in place. When Consumer Reports slammed an earlier Suzuki model, Suzuki did nothing to modify the vehicle. Although I like the Kizashi, there are good reasons that Suzuki isn't even an also-ran here in the United States. My SX4 also appears to have paint that does not hold up well on the hood and frontal area.
  • Options
    prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    Suzuki is a bit player in the North American car industry, at most. Notwithstanding the salutary features of the Kizashi and in additional consideration of the crappy paint on the car, the non-existent dealer network for this brand easily relegates it to the status of an also-ran. Too bad. I had an initial interest in the Kizashi but upon learning of the cheapness of the car, as exemplified by the paint, and the very poor dealer network, I came to my senses.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Auto Pacific's 2010 Customer Satisfaction award, along with the Lincloln MKT. I still love this car and if I didn't love our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS so much I may have and drive a Kizashi as I type this post out. Great news for Suzuki and their dealership experience is now mid-pack among carmakers.

This is indeed good news for Suzuki, as the brand has been facing dealership service issues in recent years. In the latest J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), an annual measure of dealer service performance over three years of ownership, the automaker ranked at the bottom, among all brands. But Suzuki has made gains in Power's Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) and now ranks mid-pack—an indicator that the automaker has made some substantial changes at the dealership level.

The 2010 Lincoln MKT was the highest-rated vehicle among trucks and SUVs in AutoPacific's annual satisfaction measure.

Vehicles are rated in 48 different categories that pertain to various areas of the ownership experience, and overall results are based on the research firm's polling of more than 42,000 new-vehicle owners during the first few months of ownership.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1045370_2010-suzuki-kizashi-lincoln-m- kt-top-satisfaction-ratings

• Options
    mikey63mikey63 Member Posts: 1
    We purchased our 2010 Kizashi in February with the assurance Suzuki is making a big sales effort in the U.S.. Not true! They are actually pulling back and now, at least in Mass., it's difficult to get to a dealer for service. And there already two recalls. They have let us down with no support. The Fosgate radio has static on most stations. And has been mentioned in other entries, the paint chips easily.
  • Options
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/2010/07/09/test-drive-2011-suzuki-kizashi.htm

The car is a loser for a number of reasons including this damnable CVT!

Get yourself a car with a discreet geared conventional transmission while you still can before the fun of driving is totally sacrificed upon the politically correct altar of fossil fuel conservation and "saving the environment."

Just ask Al Gore. He recently bought himself a mansion on the shore of a California beach before "global warming" covered it with water! Now, if ol' Al really believed the beach was going to disappear in a glacier-melted calamity, as he staunchly proclaims and upon which claims he has realized a very large fortune, do you really think he would have bought that mansion??!

http://www.examiner.com/entertainment-editor-in-national/more-inconvenient-truth- -of-hip-al-gore-ex-vp-buys-9m-mansion-on-socal-coast

Such elitist hypocrites have a high old time while we peons are forced to endure inferior cars such as this one with second-rate technology.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2010
    I have compared most of the current mid-size (non-luxury) cars. I was prepared to hate the Kizashi, but in the end, it was the one I preferred over the Sonata, Fusion, Camry, Mazda6 and Altima.

BTW, both the Altima and Kizashi work very well with the CVT. I remember back in the late 80s driving a CVT Volvo in the Netherlands, and while it amused me the way the engine went immediately to wound up and stayed there, I suspect it would have gotten very old very fast had I owned one. They are much different now, and if you are driving normally (not using all the power), it is no longer even noticeable that the Nissan or Kizashi use a CVT. And stick shifts are still available if you want.

I doubt there is any utility in debating the issues of global warming and Al Gore on a thread about the KIzashi, even if it was relevant. I don't care if you are PC or not, but I want good mileage and I know that as soon as the economy picks up (if it ever does again), gasoline costs will skyrocket.

The BRIC countries such as India and China and Russia are not going to use less petroleum when we again start to use more. China is already the world's largest car market and will soon enough be the world's largest economy. At least Brazil has sorted out a way to provide fuel for itself that does not rely on shale and fracking and deep water drilling for what everyone can agree is a limited resource (even if we cannot agree on how limited). But I digress.

The article from Canada was mostly complimentary. Overall, the car is better than one has a right to expect, and the way it felt right driving it was a surprise to me.

The larger issue though is Suzuki in the USA, and whether it has any relevance to our shores. This is a very successful company in Asia, but is gaining no traction here. It is not because the Kizashi cannot compete, but rather because the parent company has made so many bad moves over the past many years here, that it is difficult at this point to get people to even look at them.
  • Options
    carfreak09carfreak09 Member Posts: 160
    The utter lack of discussion about such a new car doesn't bode well for its success. Do people even know this car exists?
  • Options
    m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    The Suzuki dealer closest to me closed down this spring. I see very few of these on the road but do have one in someones driveway about 8 houses down the street from me. I still like it's looks but just am not interested in talking about it much.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    and loved the test drive. Very smooth and solid driving dynamics and great handling in the turns for a midsize car. But when I went to trade in my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, the Henderson, NV, dealership wouldn't agree to my terms.

So I walked. Without my driver's license! I realized about 10 minutes after negotiations while driving around south of Las Vegas that my driver's license was missing. What dolts!

I'm sure they knew I needed that when I left. I got it back and headed for the Strip in Lost Wages to see it for the first time. Blew me away completely!

So I almost bought one of them. I still like them and would consider buying one one day, but that dealership experience was less than stellar. :sick:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I would not touch a Suzuki, ANY Suzuki with a ten foot pole.

I have not driven the Kiazshi but I did drive the new Outlander Sport (RVR in Canada. Although it has some good features, 8.5" of ground clearance, xenon low-beams, a Rockford Fosgate audio, AWD, etc. the absolutely HORRIBLE CVT (noisy, slow) and the grossly underpowered motor absolutely kill the car. Either feature by itself would have been a disaster, the two together are downright LETHAL!

The car takes 12 seconds to get to 60 mph and does it with a racket that rivals a 747!

I asked them about why their engineers chose this awful combination of power train and was advised it was for "fuel economy" and a very marginal improvement at that. I'd sooner walk!

This whole fuel economy mania, driven by hysterical radical environmentalists which no populate Hussein's government, has gone way, way too far. The whole issue is overblown and yet another example of an out-of-control nanny state forcing us into what they deem is good for us.

Suzuki, a bit automotive player at best, truly snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory with this one! A total disaster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2010
    I do not understand. You have many posts on here that represent an absolute love fest for the Kizashi. Now, you drive something other than a Kizashi and a Suzuki (we have a Mitsubishi Outlander here, but apparently you have found a "Suzuki" Outlander), and decide from that that all of Suzuki is trash. And then you go into some environmental argument that has no business on this thread, and here you really lost me (and as to what is overblown, how is it that you know this so well?...just askin', not wanting to argue). Really, is there something we can tell you about the Kizashi that will help?

Oops, sorry, my bad. I thought your were ilovemysephia. HE is the Kizashi love fest. You are priggly, the guy who would rather stir the pot and beg to differ, no matter what the subject. Nice to see you again!
  • Options
    gregg vw, and you own and operate a Suzuki SX-4 and like the car, right? Yeah, I loved my test drive of the Kizashi and think that Suzuki did a great job with the car.

I don't know how to translate priggly's rant very well. Please come back and elaborate on the subject, priggly.

• Options
    tigerbangs54tigerbangs54 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    I recently picked up a 2010 Kizashi SE AWD, the last 2010 that the dealer had, for $19,600: frankly, I defy anyone to come up with a better package for that kind of money. The car is built like a Swiss watch, is comfortable and has a ton of features that are extra or otherwise unavailable at anywhere near the price on other comparable cars.
  • Options
    congratulations! I, too, enjoyed the test drive of the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and almost dealt for one. Came up a tad short, but I still love the car and I would certainly entertain buying one at a later date. Feel free ta stick around and offer up your thoughts and feelings in here on your Kizashi experience of ownership!

• Options
    OK, what exactly is Priggly's major malfunction? He hasn't driven a Kizashi, and is ranting about Al Gore: did his lithium prescription expire? What exactly is the point about this ranting, anyway?
  • Options
    No worries. He can't help it...it is the way he is wired. ;-)

On another note: I wish Suzuki was working on some engine/transmission choices for the Kizashi. It is a very competitive car though.
  • Options
    zombrazombra Member Posts: 1
    same thing with my kisashi, I think we are not the only one, my suggestion will be to get all kisashi owners and make a colective sued to them, Cause I will not let this thing pass, I pay 28G for a car that has a thinner pain than my bicycle. Let me now if you like my plan.
  • Options
    Six inches of the white stuff this AM: the wife didn't even want to try to get her car out of the driveway this morning, so I let her take the Kizashi to work. She called me to tell me that the car is a real winter weasel: didn't slip once, and she saw at least 3 accidents on the road between our house and work. I have this sneaky suspicion that I may have to surrender the Kizashi to my better half after this. I wonder if we can become a two-Kizashi family?
  • Options
    nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    edited February 2011
    I've owned two Suzukis in the past, a Verona and an SX4 Sport. I loved both cars other than the fact that both had more dings and paint chips than any other car I have ever owned. I don't know why, thinner guage steel panels maybe and cheap paint? I remember once my neighbor just leaned on the hood with his chin in is hands and elbows on the hood and there were his two elbow prints when he left. (Not a big guy either). They just ding and chip too easily more than any other car I've owned. What's up with that??
  • Options
    rcopa1rcopa1 Member Posts: 24
    Guess it's quite here because no one is having any issues. My Kizashi runs great and i like it more each day. This is an all around great car.
  • Options
    As I said, I loved both of my Suzuki's, but the Kizashi has been out about two years now I guess, and I have yet not seen one on the road. I live in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. What's the deal? They are fine looking cars and get great reviews.
  • Options
    janice41808janice41808 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2011 suzuki kizashi 3 days ago and I am upset with the paint. It was a demo car with 4700 miles on it. As I was getting ready to get in it and leave I decided to do a final inspection and noticed paint chips all over the hood and front bumper, mirrors, and even some on the sides. I purchased a demo car with a few miles but did not expect to have the paint chips already. After reading these forums I have noticed it is a problem with the paint. The dealership promised to fix the chips and buff it out afterwards but I truly believe that it is just a temporary fix to a problem that suzuki is not wanting to admit to.... I am going to contact suzuki and I hope that everyone else with the same problem will do the same.......
  • Options
    I suspect it is where and how your car had been driven. While there have been some complaints here about paint, we humans are set up to look for confirmation of our suspicions--and to ignore evidence to the contrary. Here's some: I had my 2008 SX4 for over three years and 33,000 miles, driving it summer and winter in both urban and rural areas, over all sorts of road surfaces. Not one obvious paint chip when I traded it. Never used touch up paint, and that was the first car in a long time I could say that about. Let them repair your chips and enjoy the car.
  • Options
    boosuzukiboosuzuki Member Posts: 3
    I just had my 2010 Azure Grey Kizashi painted for the second time. It turned out great (they even took out a door ding just to be nice) but it was quite a fight to get it done. My rep told me they know there is a problem with the 2010 Grey and Red colors. He said he even had a red one and realized his has chipping pretty bad. Mine were all over the place...where it wouldn't matter how I drove it... (such as the bumper) I haven't even taken it out still on a dirt road because I'm scared :( It has been a huge headache but the car is SO worth it and I definitly have to give props to Suzuki. Every time I have called them, things have gotten done quickly and they always call to see how everything went. I would definitly just call them and express your concerns, take pictures, and watch posting like this to see if anyone else is having problems with the 2011. It helped get my car repainted when I could show the rep that others have had the same problem and that Suzuki DOES know about it. Good luck and besides the paint issues, the car rocks, have fun!
  • Options
    is your Suzuki Kizashi an automatic or stick shift? I love this car and may buy one in a couple of years. I really don't expect Suzuki to leave the U.S. car market.

• Options
    wickensboywickensboy Member Posts: 4
    Well it has been 1 year now since I purchased my Kizashi AWD ( Black ) and I have very mixed feelings about this car. Since day 1 I have had a big issue with the paint chipping. The first day I owned the car, I noticed several paint chips on the doors and hood. Suzuki did look at the problem for me , however I was told that’s life!!, and they offered me free mud flaps to prevent they tires from kicking up stones. It is very convenient of Suziki to blame the stone chips on my driving habits, but I have never seen a car chip this easily in my life. My previous car ( Pontiac - G5 also Black ) had only 2 chips stone chips on the hood after 4 years and 70,000 Km. Now after only 1 year and 16,000 Km, I have counted no less than 10 chips in various locations ( Doors, Hood, Roof ) Needless to say, I am very disappointed with the quality of the paint on this car. Because the paint is so important to the appearance and longevity of automobiles I can only offer future Suzuki customers an honest warning.

Beware of the Paint Chips Issues with the Kizashi, in most cases Suzuki is not standing behind their product and you will be totally on your own. :mad:

Based on my first experience with Suzuki, I will say it will also be my last!!!!
    That being said the cars performance has been good and if it wasn't for the paint issues I would be very satisfied.
  • Options
    Check for dings also. I've never a car that dinged so easily and I've owned quite a few cars in my lifetime. Seems everytime I washed it I would find a new little dent. None of my other cars had this many dings.
  • Options
    firebotfirebot Member Posts: 1
    boosuzuki, can you tell me how you got Suzuki to paint your car?? My 2010 black Kizashi looks very bad!! Love how it drives though.
  • Options
    nz_kizashinz_kizashi Member Posts: 1
    Repainting of my 2010 kizashi just been approved within 3 days of contacting dealership.
    They going to need the car for 2 weeks, I complained about to many stone chips appearing on sides, yet my swift that drives on same roads got none at all, both have factory mudflaps fitted.
    Thankyou Suzuki New Zealand for such a rapid response to my complaint.
  • Options
    belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    Looking at a new Kizashi and readd about lots of paint chip problems with 2010 models and a few 2011 models. I drove a 2011 SE recently (white) and it drove great! Nice interior with soft touch materials, comfortable seats and quiet cabin. This was an automatic, and not sure I like the CVT transmission. Perhaps you just need to get used to the CVT, with no real shift points, but just a continuous power band. Would like to try a 6 speed manual, but those seem to be pretty rare (at least in Maryland). Wondering if anyone has a manual transmission and could comment on that powertrain.

Additionally, have the Kizashi's been reliable and if not, have the dealers been able to fix the problems easily?

Any comments and advice would be appreciated.

Bel Air Car Guy.
  • Options
    skinnypopskinnypop Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I purchased my new Kazashi at the end of June. A black 2011 Kazashi Sport GTS with the 6 speed manual transmission. At this point, I have not found any paint chips and I have almost 6000 miles on it. 1st oil change was at 5000 miles and all looked fine. I will say that the plastic base that contains the seat cushions for the front passenger seat has a broken plastic clip on it, but that is probably due to carrying an overly large mother-in-law to Orlando and back from Raleigh. I have not shown the clip to the dealership yet. Let's hope they fix it at no cost.

I love changing gears in this car! The clutch is super light and I'm getting close to 28mpg in mixed driving. I like the bluetooth with my iPhone also. Calls go through the speaker system and I can listen to music or watch movies w/o a cord attached.

I have a couple of small gripes though. I am a short person (5foot6inches) and the center console/armrest is set too far back for me to rest my elbow on. Also, I wish the doors locked automatically when the car gets to 15mph or so. This one doesn't seem to hard of a request. My 8yr old Dodge has done this from day 1 and hasn't needed repairing (yet).

Overall, I am a happy owner and love the looks and driving of the car. Speed comes very easy and there is no drama when you are going fast.

I don't see any around the Raleigh area, so I'll be watching the forum for updates from other owners. Hope all enjoy the car as much as I do!
  • Options
    Just a gentle correction here...you've had the car awhile, so it's time to learn how to spell its name! K-I-Z-A-S-H-I. ;)

With regard to the door locks, dealers and others are often able to program these things in via computer. On my previous car, a 2003 VW Golf, the dealer said it couldn't be done, even though my 1999 Passat came equipped that way on delivery. Several years later, when I mentioned it again, this time to my non-dealer, super good mechanic, he whipped out his laptop, hooked it into the VW's computer and within seconds had the doors set up to lock at low speed and unlock when I removed the key from the ignition. Didn't cost me a dime either. Thus, I would think there is also a way to set this up on a car as new as the Kizashi.

Also, I am only 5'6 1/2" and find the Kizashi armrest usable (don't own one, but test-drove it a few times before settling on a Volvo S60). Long ago, I got used to a driving position sitting a bit further away from the wheel, knowing that it is not at all a good thing to be sitting really close to the airbag. Try it...you might get used to it.
  • Options
    skinnypopskinnypop Member Posts: 4
    LOL ! I'm such a moron! I spend so much time talking about the car and spelling the name.... and what do I do? Misspell it on a forum. HA!
    Thanks for the gentle reminder gregg vw, I'll try to do better....and thanks for the tip on the cpu programming. I have a mechanic in mind who may be able to help.
    I took the car into the Raleigh dealership and showed them the passenger seat. They ordered a part and it is already in. No charge for replacing it. They are also going to change the oil and check things over. All no charge. :D
    I'll work on moving the seat back, I just don't want to start lying down to drive. Not my style (know what I mean?) .

-skinnypop
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hey, at least you messed up on a new-ish vehicle that's a little difficult to spell. How long has the Camry been around? Yup, we still get people spelling it Camaray or Camery, or some spelling that makes it appear that they own a Camry/Camaro hybrid vehicle. :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    that spell Chevy Camaro the Chevy Camero! :)

• Options
    maranelloguymaranelloguy Member Posts: 4
    Why is it that there is such a limited supply of 2011 Kisashis' at dealers? I am contemplating purchasing a Kisashi (test drove one recently), but in doing more local searches for one, I have found that every dealer within a 100 mile radius of me has perhaps an inventory of no more than three or four on hand. Is anyone else seeing this besides me? I realize the year is quickly coming to an end, but is it that suzuki simply builds a small number of Kizashi's thus far?