Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Tahoe Stabilitrak Problems

Comments

• cmachk1cmachk1 Member Posts: 4
    Well...I just had a new engine put in and a new transmission (at the expense of my extended warranty) because of oil consumption issue and a tranny pump. I have 90,000 miles and its an 07 suburban. I initially took it in because upon acceleration the idle would jump and the truck would sputter...guess what, it's still doing it!!!!! Took it back to Chevy two days later and now I'm being told it "feels" like an injector but because its not throwing a code...there's nothing they can do. W T F
  • wykeemawykeema Member Posts: 13
    It's crazy that Chevy hasn't recalled these vehicles but of course it would cost too much, I would've never thought I would be having these kinds of problems with an 07 Tahoe. I really thought that it was a top of the line vehicle interestingly enough you don't find out about issues until you buy one and end up on these forums.
  • 1before401before40 Member Posts: 5
    I have spoken with the Attorney General's office here in WV and there are a couple of options in taking legal action against GM. The first step is for each owner to file a complaint with the attorney general of your state, so the complaint is registered and on file. Most states can file the complaint on the phone, online or a traditional paper filing. I am filing the traditional paper filing to have copies available to circulate as needed as the complaint works through the system. After filing with the Attorneys General, the next step is to find a law firm to represent the group and file suit. There are a couple of law firms here in WV, that I will contact in the next couple of days and go from there.
    I have spoken with the Attorney General's office here in WV and there are a couple of options in taking legal action against GM. The first step is for each owner to file a complaint with the attorney general of your state, so the complaint is registered and on file. Most states can file the complaint on the phone, online or a traditional paper filing. I am filing the traditional paper filing to have copies available to circulate as needed as the complaint works through the system. After filing with the Attorneys General, the next step is to find a law firm to represent the group and file suit. There are a couple of law firms here in WV, that I will contact in the next couple of days and go from there.
  • manley01manley01 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to be added to this.
    My 2007 Chevrolet Suburban with 110,000miles is sitting in the shop at Westfall-Odell Motors in Kansas City right now with this same issue. GM says they will pay the 45% of the $3600 to replace piston and rings and all the good stuff for this same problem. Has anyone had any better luck with GM paying for something more?
    Kenny
  • lewman03lewman03 Member Posts: 3
    thank you for posting this.

Though I do not expect things to last forever i am experiencing the same issue on my 2007 LTZ, that i am the original owner of since Dec 2006. I still have a 2005 Tahoe Z-71 I bought new and I had a 2003, bought new before that, traded to get my 2007. all that to say that I love these trucks/cars. Started to have a littlwe problem starting about a week ago. then died at an off ramp while stopped, waiting to turn. I am starting to get oil consumption, yet no leaks in garage or smoke.

it is out of warrant (162,000 miles) I guess I beat the odds that it didnt start earlier. my concern is technician is indicating the need for a fuel pump change. After reading all of this that seems like a mistake. I always keep 1/4 to 1/2 tank gas to keep the fuel pump from getting hot. Learned that on my 2003(sigh). I'm going to try the "reset" idea. that doesnt fix the oil consumption issue. I would like to keep driving these cars- even considered buying new and having it converted to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG). GM doesnt owe me a motor or even 1/2 a motor since out of warranty but I expect to get high miles out of my cars. if the world could expect higher miles from GM, the resale market would be better, which would help the new car sales. because i know my vehicle depreciates faster than many others, I intend on driving them a while. gotta chew on this.
    my concern is when did GM know this. I would have appreciated a notice of recall if this was an established problem. from chasing problems and changing parts that are not the solution, how much in other parts changes have customers paid for to later come to this problem? wasted money! wasted time!
    So I bought my 3 new suburbans/Tahoe in Lafayette Louisiana, but have not done business with the local dealer yet. I have kids turning driving age and was considering Chevy Cruze, Malibu and even new Impala, besides another Suburban- We love to travel in ours. now I'm concerned about buying. it appears GM is replatforming for 2015 (Suburban). I bought the new platform in my 2007 model. is it becoming to risky to buy new car when it is first year of replatform?

Local dealer is going to do nothing for me. He owes me nothing. GM, if you are watching this thread, your suggestions and enlightened self interest in getting my future business could be a good start. We both know this is a documented problem. the most profitable vehicles GM makes is the full size SUV. This is the one vehicle of which the customership should GMs choice to not own a widespread problem is why you will lose customers.
    They don't care some service reps act like they don't know it's a problem and people are making stuff up on the Internet . This was really said to me they're not go n to do a recall bc it wud b too expensive so they're dealn wit it individually and seeing who they can get over on by bringing up the out of warranty claim. It's unfortunate to have an engine problem @83,000 miles they told me to pay th 1000-1200$ engine tear down n mayb they'll help me wit 20-40% if they feel it correlates wit sumthn on they're part. Needless to say my vehicle is still messed up bc that's a 5000$ job n I'm still makn car payments . I looked into lemon laws and talked to an attorney abt class action suit but was told it wud take to long n mite not b worth it . This all sucks bc a tahoe has always been my dream vehicle .
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited July 2013
    Talweman03,

We see in a previous post you were going to try to reset the computer on your Tahoe. Was that successful for you?

Regarding receiving recall notices, have you heard of the Chevrolet Owner's Center? You can create an accountand keep track of warranty and recall information, as well as keep a record of your service visits.

We're available to you to check into any situations regarding your vehicle or working with a dealership. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sarah
    GM Customer Care
    edited July 2013
    Hello Sarah

Thank you for responding. I have account at The Chevrolet Owner center since my first new suburban. I will check there to see if I missed anything.

I am taking it to Bob Howard ( nearest dealer) Chevrolet in Edmond OK today. I will email you tis morning as well.

I appreciate any help.
  • danatureboydanatureboy Member Posts: 1
    I had just purchase a 2008 Chevy Express van second hand this year March 2013. the van had 75,000 miles on it. I didn't started driving it until May 1st 2013 this year. Ever since the stabilitrak traction control and service enigine light keeps coming in and out with me as well. I have read some other persons post on another forum with people who are experiencing the same problems, one person suggested disconnecting the batery cables and have the computer reset of which i tried.

This only work for about a month then started coming back in again. Do anyone any updated suggestions? I would truly appreciate any suggestions.
  • s_holliss_hollis Member Posts: 1
    Good Morning: I came across this thread on Monday morning after experiencing all of the symptoms on my way to work that day. I experienced the service stabilitrak and service traction control as well as the very rough running and hard shifting between gears. I took it to my local mechanic not GM and this is what they found!

"Retrieved codes P0300, P0208, P0206, P0204, and P0202. Found Wiring harness near oil dip stick tube rubbed through (caused a short). Fuse blown to right bank fuel injectors. Replace fuse and repaired broke wire in harness, cleared cods and test drove".

Now it has only been 24 hours, but my truck is running great. I hope that all of you that are experiencing these issues are able to locate something so easy and cheap. It cost me $144.04 to have these repairs made. I did advise the mechanic to start with electrical items (battery, wire harnesses...etc) instead of throwing parts at it. Hopefully this helps!
    I'm happy that that was all you had to pay unfortunately for me my diagnostic with chevy was 80$ only to confirm what a private mechanic already told me. The private mechanic wanted me to get a second opinion from chevy and it has to do with engine work needing to be done. I would thank God above if I could get it fixed for less than $200, count yourself lucky😊.
  • keeciatkeeciat Member Posts: 2
    Can you update me on this topics and if you have any head way. I have 2007 chevy suburban and have had the oil consumption problem, many others and now the Traction control/stability issue. I need some help on what I can do.

THanks!
  • msw007msw007 Member Posts: 21
    Have you taken the car to a mechanic or dealership yet?
    If so what codes have they pulled i.e. plug #1 or #7 fouled.
    How many miles do you have on the car?
    Is the car in or out of warranty?

The dealership will want to charge you $300-$500 to tear down the top end to determine the problem. That's [non-permissible content removed] if the codes say #1 or #7 are fouled then we all know what the problem is without the added expense. They can stick a camera down #1 or #7 cyclinder to see the whole motor is trashed. If okay you just need a top end.

The bottom line is if you are still under warranty GM picks up the tab.
    If not you either will have a new top end done or new motor.

We had a new motor and was able to have GM pickup half the cost (we were just out of warranty).

We have since sold our Tahoe and purchased a Honda.
  • katty2katty2 Member Posts: 3
    I had a 2007 chevy tahoe purchased brand new in 2006 just this past year I spent over 1000.00 in repairs for the issue Traction/Stability light coming on. My vehicle had less than 100 thousand miles and kept in good condition. After spending this money in repairs and the problem still existed with the dealer wanting to charge me 2000.00 the next time I finally traded it in. Had I known these problems exist in these vehicles I NEVER would have purchased another tahoe.
    I ended up spending over 1000.00 in repairs for the same issue which was not resolved. The dealership wanted to charge me an additional 2000.00 within a matter of a week for the same issue. I got frustrated and traded the vehicle in. Sorry I purchased another tahoe had I known these issues exist beforehand I would have not purchas another tahoe.
    I would love to be a part of the class action lawsuit. What needs to be done is take it to the news, then just maybe something will be done.
  • alexdickalexdick Member Posts: 2
    It seems like a slam dunk for a settlement. I have been complaining about the oil loss issue since I got my 2007 Tahoe. I was told there was no solution. Now suddenly on September 18, 2013 I'm told there is a solution which involves replacing defective valve covers and a PCV system that was allowing too much oil to blow through.

The result was the oil fouled the spark plugs, which caused miss firing which activated the Traction Control Warning. It will cost around $1,000 to fix. Chevrolet and GM are pretty much giving me its too bad. Actually this is the second time I've had my spark plugs replaced.

If we can get an attorney interested, I'm in.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Have you contacted one and asked for a (free) evaluation?
    Like I was told, there is no official "repair". The only thing that resolves the issue is to replace the engine. Luckily I purchased addl warranty when I bought my 07 suburban. The warranty company put a brand new 2012 GMC engine in with full warranty. Chevy is fully aware of the oil consumption issue and take 0 responsibility to make the situation right. Sad.
  • msw007msw007 Member Posts: 21
    That is bulls*** answer. It's a GM TSB and it only cost us $300.
    We did the same thing then 3 months later had to put a new motor in.
    Now we own Honda. Something I know that works.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi alexdick,

We see that you're expressing problems with oil loss in your Tahoe and apologize that you've had this issue. Did you speak to GM Customer Service in the past about this or have you been working with your dealership? If there is anything we can do to help with this situation please let us know. We can be contacted anytime through email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    That's exactly what happened to my vehicle I have the misfire which happened @ 80,000 miles which now has my stability rack off and has my oil consumption ridiculously high. GM acted like they didnt know about this issue and said people were on the Internet lying. I was like really why would a large group of people who don't know each other waste their time lying on GM. I thought that was a stupid answer @ any rate they wouldn't accept responsibility and since my vehicle was only out of warranty by year not mileage they wouldn't help. I will NEVER buy a GM vehicle again, these vehicles aren't cheap to begin with so you would expect it to work past 100,000 miles without any problems but no not these I see why people are buying foreign cars.
  • alexdickalexdick Member Posts: 2
    Subsequent to the valve cover and pcv being replaced, I am still losing oil at about the same rate. I'm wondering what the next GM solution will be that I will have to pay for and if it will work.
  • jasongaljasongal Member Posts: 2
    Class Action should be a slam dunk.

Honda has agreed to settle a class action for the same oil consumption issue with their V6's with variable cylinder management.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/23/honda-settles-class-action-lawsuit-engines/

I've battled 2 different dealerships with this issue for 4 years with my 07 Suburban and got every excuse in the book but no solutions.
    Wow I just read the article on your link I wonder if utilizing a lawyer who is proficient in these type of cases is beneficial bc there's enough people on this forum to join I'm sure and everyone is looking for the same thing guaranteed replacement of the known problem regardless of the warranty being expired due to it being on GM design flaw.
  • praisinetcpraisinetc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Suburban LT with the same issue. Stabilitrack light comes on for no reason even before moving. Also TERRIBLE oil consumption. I mean TERRIBLE!!! I would join a class action if there is any development in that area. Is there anyone pursuing that? I'm tired of auto manufacturers costing consumers thousands of dollars over an unwillingness to own up to a design flaw that can be fixed. Just fix our vehicles GM! That's all we are asking. Somebody say the word and I'm in.
  • drewski_1127drewski_1127 Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure about the stabilitrack problem. but my Tahoe eats oil too, and I don't know if I fix it or not, but I changed my oil a few weeks back and this time I added 32oz "or 1qt" of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer. and I have not noticed any oil level change. just a little something for you guys to try if you want. my ratio was 4.5 qts of oil to 1qt of stabilizer. make sure all of it is synthetic. good luck.
  • gaboy912gaboy912 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I was surfing the web to inquire about my oil consumption in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe, i have also had Stabilitrak indicators as well,but no indicator lights for that as of lately. However, i continue to get the Add oil indicator soon( 1 to 2 Weeks) after an Oil Change.
    This Time around,i received a message indicating oil pressure Low,took it to the GM Dealer,changed the oil,Truck seems to be running fine,but message center indicates 89 % oil life remains after 1 1/2 weeks of the oil change.
    if there are any solution,please advise.
    Thanks
    Gaboy 912
  • theogbigpoppytheogbigpoppy Member Posts: 1
    So how do we get something started? These issues are ridiculous and the fact that GM published documentation that states this engine burns oil and requires a quart roughly every 3000 miles is BS. Now my stabilitrak warnings are on too.

My 1999 is a better truck by leaps and bounds.
    Hi guys I have contacted a few law firms today to find out how to get a class action lawsuit started. I'm waiting on a reply but will still contact more if need be. On 1 of the sites I was on I saw where Honda had to pay out for their engine design flaw related issues as a previous Edmunds posted a few months ago. As soon as I figure out how to get started I will post the details and whoever is interested we'll go from there. I know many of you have said your interested in joining so we can't talk about it we have to do something and we have to start somewhere!!
    I'm in...I was one of the original posters and finally my extended warranty replaced the entire engine because they said the cylinders were out of round and the engine was trash due to the oil consumption issue!
    I just contacted 2 law firms via email and am waiting on replies, but I'm going to contact more so hopefully I'll here something in a timely manner Honda just paid out for their design flaw and hopefully all the chevy owners can be benefit for our troubles as well.
    edited December 2013
    Sorry everyone for the delay in suggesting a class action suit and then not doing any follow up. Im not sure what firms any of you have contacted at this point, but Motley-Rice is a very reputable firm that I have spoken with a few months ago. The first step that each owner needs to take is to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office of your state. From that point, the AG will open a case and give the complaint credibility, so that we have documentation for a firm to review. This is the link to the Motley-Rice website and their division of Consumer Fraud Protection: http://www.motleyrice.com/securities-and-consumer-fraud/consumer-protection. If the majority of us, from this thread, are comfortable with this firm then I will contact the lawyer I had spoken with earlier to see if they are interested in hearing our complaints.

The 2015 models will be known as generation IV of the Tahoe and Suburban and will be available in showrooms in early spring of 2014. The new vehicles will be completely overhauled and "supposedly" redesigned and re-engineered. https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-tahoe-full-size-suv.html
  • bobbyhartneybobbyhartney Member Posts: 3
    i just purchased a 2009 Chevy Tahoe LT and after 2 weeks of owning this vehicle, i am having the same problem. I wish I would have seen this before i purchased. The funny thing is, the vehicle is Certified Pre-owned. It is back at the dealership now. The locks were also locking and unlocking while the Stabilitrak light was coming on. Any news on the law suit, or suggestions. thanks
    Hi I've contacted about 10 lawyers via email to review the case since 12am. One firm has already called me back and I gave a synopsis of our situation . I also informed them there are many willing to join. I also let them know of Hondas case they just settled for the same exact thing. I'm willing to go with whoever is willing to take our case. I say our because this is for and about all of us we should have the comfort of knowing the vehicle we paid a lot of money for will work when we get behind the wheel. If you've gotten somewhere with the lawyer you talked to see how far it goes with him and post. I'm sure the chevy owners on this forum will jump on board if this goes somewhere. Once a class action suit is started they send it out to chevy owners so there will be people joining I'm sure who aren't on this forum but who have also be directly affected so I say move forward as I'm hearing back from these lawyers I will definitely post and share what Im told.
    Hi have you been able to speak with the lawyer? I've talked to 3 just waiting to hear the verdict but I will be very proactive in finding at least 1
  • trojangirl0711trojangirl0711 Member Posts: 1
    I too would like to participate in the suit and will be contacting my Attorney General to begin the process. I've had numerous problems with my 2007 Tahoe and after having spent thousands in repairs my truck is still running like garbage and now my mechanic is telling me I have cracks in my head gaskets from this oil consumption problem! I have always been diligent about the maintenance on my truck and to continue to have these problems is ridiculous! GM should be ashamed of themselves! Please let us know what else we need to do to go after GM.
  • tavitha77tavitha77 Member Posts: 2

I would like to join the class action suit because I have had problem after problem since I have had my 2007 Tahoe and I am really looking into purchasing another vehicle at this time becaue I don't have the money to keep putting into this vehicle to fix it.

• aaacosta333aaacosta333 Member Posts: 1

count me in as well. I have a 2007 tahoe LTZ and all of a sudden the lights will turn on and off while im driving and at the same time the doors lock and unlock by themselves. I took it to the dealer hoping it was covered under the extended warranty we bought and they said it was a bad battery and also corrosion on the battery cables. they wanted $200 for battery and almost $700 for cables. I was a the dealer 3 hrs for them to tell me that. I went to auto zone and got a battery for $120, unfortunately its still doing the lights and lock thing. I see no corrosion anywhere on the cables. it had a sealed battery so i don't get how that could happen. Anyway, after reading all these post on the net I see this is just a poorly made vehicle and so many tahoe owners like us are getting screwed. NOT COOL!

• nimanniman Member Posts: 1

Hopefully I have fixed my problems that started when i changed my tires and rim to some winter tires and rims. I bought new rims and did not bother adding TPMS (valves that has pressure sensor) in my new rims. So I investigated, from what my private mechanic was telling me, In Canadian designed vehicles, usefully this would produce a simple warning light in the dash panel. Unfortunately I own an American Suburban which as a lot of safety added because of numerous laws. This safety is designed that if there is a part of the computers analysis at the start of the vehicle that is missing the computer will not allow to reach speed exceeding 70km/h or in your measurement 55mp/h for safety reasons and it will kick in the stabilitrak system which is designed to reduce the speed of the vehicle when the computer detects an anomaly. So from what i understand, any of us that would have changed tires, rotated, have defective TPMS valves or low air in tires should look into rectifying this before changing any other parts. I talked to my private mechanic about this forum and he told me that in is courses they talk about this issue. So if my small town private mechanic from a little town in Québec knows about this, your big town american GM thecs should know better. There is no reason that GM cannot solve you're problems, they should know about this. i have ordered my new TPMS (60$ X 4) and will get them installed in January and hopefully will be on the road again.

• tavitha77tavitha77 Member Posts: 2

You all may also want to try this site: http://www.wcclaw.com/CM/ClassActions/ChevyTruck.asp and see where it goes and keep everyone updated. I really hope we all can get this lawsuit going because right now I am having to try and figure out what I want to do about my vehicle. I just spent money on getting a tune up done and a couple of other things and I am still having my issue with the car stalling and doing the jerk action. Before the car just completely puts me down, I am considering just getting another vehilce or purchasing a used engine.

• brymart1brymart1 Member Posts: 1

Had the Traction Control / Stabilitrak indicator lights and flashing engine light appear out of the blue yesterday on my 2007 Tahoe LT. Had my wife and two kids in the car on a busy highway and the engine started running very rough with reduced power. Limped home and tried several of the remedies in various threads i found on this issue including tightening air intake fittings and disconnected battery overnight. Reconnected this morning and the engine/drive train was running perfect again until the lights started again. Again, rough engine with rough shifting. Clearly there is nothing "materially" wrong with the engine or drive train. The computer is creating the issue. I have also had the same oil burn issue everyone is referencing and have been managing that on a weekly/daily basis to ensure no engine damage occurred due to low oil.

I am ALL IN on a class action if we can get it rolling and happy to help in any way.

• lance135lance135 Member Posts: 2

@concerned01 said:
    I have a 2007 Tahoe. 70,000 miles Got in it yesterday and the stabilitrak light, traction, and ABS lights are all on. It shifts hard from first gear and will idol down like its gonna die! Have an appointment with Chevy later this week, wonder what this might be and approixamte cost?
    I was very concerned at the number of people who have posted this same problem and wonder will anything ever be done on GM part??

Hello not sure if this will help you since you posted this almost a year ago. I had recently experienced the same problem you mentioned. I brought my 07 Tahoe with 86,000 miles in for an oil change. When I brought it in it ran perfect. When I got it back I noticed my stabilitrak light was on, then it said it needed serviced. When I started driving it would jerk really bad switching into 2nd gear. I pulled into a parking lot and turned it off. Then tried to restart and it took forever to start. When it finally started my RPM's rev'ed up high like I pressed on the gas. Then my check engine light comes on, so I took it back to GM where I got my oil changed. They scanned the computer for codes and found that the "Map Sensor Wiring" was chewed through by a Rat that ran out after taking the plastic engine cover off. They said its a prime spot for Rats to make nests during the winter.. I still think the rat came from there shop since there was no sign of a nest being started.. LOL Oh well they replaced the Map Sensor Wiring pig tale and it works perfect again. Again not sure if this is or was the case for you, but I just wanted to share my experience and how it got fixed. BTW they only charged me $54.25 taxes included. But they were nice and didn't charge me labor. According to my receipt if they would have charged labor it would have been an additional $18.00

• dadofbrebrydadofbrebry Member Posts: 1

I have an '07 GMC Yukon with the 5.3L engine...same problem! I am using about 1 quart every 1,000 miles. I'm very interested in a class action suit. After talking to the dealer's service department, they are aware of the problem and said there is a fix for it. Yet, the cost to see if the problem they think it is would be about $100, then about $800 to fix it! It just sucks!

• aq67aq67 Member Posts: 1

WOW! I dreamt of my Chevy '07 Avalanche LTZ, pondered buying one for over a year and felt like a queen when I drove off in my Black on Black AV - even after signing for approximately 26k. Felt like I had worked hard enough to enjoy the luxury of this vehicle and justified the payment as such. I felt so good when people's heads turned as I cruised by and the ooh's and aah's would warrant a smile from me. I had a GMC truck that was the top of the line. POW! Now - I wish I would have bought something else! Everytime I turn around this truck has problems! Most of it appears to be with all of these sensors - mechanic told me the best thing would be for the engine to blow up - so I could get it all fixed at once instead of the warranty company milking it out past the coverage. That's pathetic! I did my homeowork, checked the car reports - no major problems, car serviced regularly and felt pretty good about the purchase. 1st problem covered by the dealership - catalitic converter, waited a week to get it back, 2 weeks after purchasing the vehicle. 2nd problem - low oil "shut off engine" alarm, waited 4 days, paid 20% of the repair and 6 mo.'s after purchase. 3rd problem, "stabilitrak off", "Traction Control", "reduced engine power" and reading this thread of complaints - I'm sick! The biggest joke of all is the GM customer service reps I see on all these sites saying sorry your getting screwed, we're here to tell you that. Well - I don't think any of us need to be told that! I think we are all quite aware of it! Time, money and inconvenience along with common sense tells us that! Not to mention the worry of your vehicle breaking down at any given moment with you & your family in it when the weather with wind chill is in the negatives! GM you have obviously succeeded in disappointing many American owners! Count me in on the law suit - I'll be watching for the details. Now I look at these trucks going down the road and instead of Pride, I wonder how many are going through the same Fear!

• badchevylemonbadchevylemon Member Posts: 1

Please keep me posted on a lawsuit as well. I would be interested. I own a 2008 Suburban LTZ. I had my cam shaft and lifters replaced under warranty at 62k miles per TSB 10-06-01-007. Beginning a couple months ago, I began having reduced power issues and problems with stabilitrak and traction control. Replaced the throttle body sensor. There is a known issue with this part because they have extended the warranty to 120k miles for this part. Unfortunately, I was just outside this limit. Over the Christmas holidays, we had problems with the car while we were driving out of town to see family. Car needed oil pump replaced $1300. Today, I had problems on the interstate again. Nursed it to a dealership to be told the cam shaft and lifters needs to be replaced again. I now have 129k miles, so I am out of warranty. Basically the cam shaft and lifters have failed every 3 years and approximately 65k miles. RIDICULOUS! From what I am reading on other boards, the throttle body sensor, oil pump, cam shaft, and lifters are all related issues and fail within a short time frame. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer to see what GM offers to help with repairs and how much they are charging. I don't have money to keep pouring into this car; however, I just paid it off and have to get something back out of it. Needless to say, I am very irritated that this is a known issue. As a customer, i have a reasonable expectation that I will not have major engine issues every 60k miles or every 3 years. Want to know why the foreign manufacturers have a loyal following ?????

• bad2007tahoebad2007tahoe Member Posts: 1

My 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ is having numerous problems. The dealer continues to "fix" the many issues. The vehicle has had all the problems you discuss and more. The dealer is currently working on the engine which he said will eventually have to be replaced. He is basically covering the problem with a "band-aid". My husband was riding the Tahoe the other day and it made a loud popping noise. He said sound like something broke so the dealership is to look at Monday. We cannot afford a new engine nor trade. I can't imagine any dealership giving a good trade value knowing these problems. I have a son in college and our finances are spent supporting him. We assumed our vehicle would hold up long time based on the prior performance of our other Chevrolets owned in the past. Vehicle has 60,000 miles and maintenance regularly. Also, the only two vehicles we own are the Tahoe and 2008 Chevrolet Truck. The truck now belongs to my son. We do have an old Toyota truck which is basically junk. My husband uses the Toyota to ride to work (1/2 mile from home) and farm work. We basically have no trustworthy vehicle to ride. Please keep me updated on suit. GM needs to fix these problems.

• pb07pb07 Member Posts: 1

I have an 07 LTZ tahoe and started experiencing the Stabilitrak Off, Traction Control Off, Engine Power Reduced problems about 3 months ago. At first, it was only happening once a month. After turning off my vehicle and then turning it back on, it cleared up and I went on my way. Within the past month, the problem has consitently gotten worse. While I am a single mother, having this happening when taking my children to school in the mornings, I decided it was time to get the issue fixed, not that right after Christmas and both of my boys birthdays are in January was the most oppurtune time, I had no choice. First independent mechanic told me I'd have to take it to the dealer as the fix was beyond his control since he didn't want to tear into a $30K computer. So, I took it today to a more reputable independent mechanic, who was familiar with the problem, and considering that the change of ownership at my local Chevy dealership has greatly reduced my trust their service work, $450 later, my throttle body sensor had to be replaced. My vehicle also uses about a 1 quart of oil every 3K miles. I am game for anything that can be done to make GM accept responsibility for their flaws! I'll be keeping a watch on this forum!