Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• raider42raider42 Member Posts: 5
    I'm considering buying a new Jeep Wrangler. The one I have been looking at is a 2001 black Sahara with black dual tops. It includes all the goodies and I'm getting the Dana 44-3 package with 30" wheel group. The dealer is quoting me a price of $23,318 which is the dealer invoice. I've checked around other dealerships and the internet and found that this is a pretty competetive price. Being a first time Jeep owner I want to make sure I get everything at a good price. What do you all think? I've been following the message board for about a week now and you all seem to have a good amount of knowledege about Jeeps. Your opinon would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    p.s. can't wait to finally get a Jeep. It's been along time coming.
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    If you go back through tons and tons of articles in here, you will see that the best deals are $100 to $200 over invoice, with the exception of shuggins, who STOLE a wrangler for about $500 under invoice!

It is true that Jeeps are not selling well, and the Jeep plant has taken unscheduled down weeks here and there because of poor sales. So, it is a good time to buy, but you could probably look for a long, long time before you could beat that deal you have been offered. I would maybe try to get them down some more, but I would take the invoice price deal they have offered, if they won't come down any more.

Personally, I have no problem with the dealer making a reasonable profit.

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    Thanks for the info. One more question: What do you all think about the manual transmission? I personally like the feeling of being in a Jeep with my hand on a big old gear shift. What are the differences between the manual and automatic if any? Also, are there any other options I should consider getting in the Wrangler?
    Thanks
  • tonkadavetonkadave Member Posts: 102
    This is my first time posting here and I hope to get into it quite a bit. I actually read through every post on here just to get as educated as possible on jeep wranglers. Im planning on ordering a new sport with soft top shortly. My question is, I have heard that they will be putting a new 3.7L v-6 in the wrangler for 2002. Do you guys think its worth waiting for the better gas milage and possible increase in horsepower that the v-6 may offer? Or should I just go ahead and bite the bullet with the tried and true 4.0? I would love to hear opinions. I drive a silverado pickup and this will be a second car.
    What does that Sahara that they quoted you have for a transmission? I personally prefer the five speed manual big time over the automatic, but I don't live in a big city and get caught in stop and go traffic. That would be the only reason I would consider an automatic.

You are going to get better mileage and have better power with the 5-speed, especially since the automatics are only three speeds. The gear ratio for fifth gear on the Saharas and Sports (6 cylinder engines) is .78:1, and with the automatic, third gear is 1:1 (equal to fourth gear on a five speed). So, once you are in fifth gear, your engine turns only 78% as many RPMs as it would in high gear on an automatic at the same speed.

Besides, it is a whole lot more fun to drive a stick shift!

The Sahara has the subwoofer as standard equipment, I believe, but if it doesn't, then you ought to be sure to get it. It does wonders for the sound quality.

Are you sure you want a Sahara? Nothing wrong with them, but you can get pretty much the same equipment on a loaded Sport. I don't know which way is cheaper, if you end up with pretty much the same equipment either way.

I wish someone had told me sooner about the TracLoc option. I had already ordered my Thelma Jane before I was told by a couple different people in this group that TracLoc is really good for driving on snow or ice. If you are alreadyu getting the Dana 44 rear end as part of the 30" tire package, then it only costs $285 more to get the TracLoc.

Hope this helps. Email me if you need any more info or post another message.

Here's Thelma's web page, and it has price info, which might be useful to you.

http://members.aol.com/thelma.html

Later

tsjay

Welcome to the group! Wow, you must be serious about getting info, if you read every post in here!

I don't know anything about the V-6 in the 2002's. If it is a brand new engine, I might be a little afraid to take a chance on one in its first year. IS that a new engine, or has it been around a while in other vehicles?

I don't see a thing wrong with the 4.0 L myself. I had a Grand Cherokee with that engine and my Wrangler has one also. It has good low end torque and it runs nice and smooth.

tsjay

The Sahara I'm thinking about getting is a 5-speed. It does include the sub woofer, which I also agree, helps the sound out. The info I have on the Dan 44 rear axle is that it comes with the Trac-loc differential. I hadn't really thought much about getting a Sport model. It did occur to me that you could get the same options put into a Sport model that come in a Sahara. When I looked at the price difference I thought the Sport would end up being more but I could've been wrong. I might check into it a little more to see if I can get what I want in a Sport for less money. The Sport at least has more color options. It would more and likely end up being black anyway though.
    Thanks
    I don't think the Tracloc just automatically comes with the Dana44. You have to have the Dana44 in order to get TracLoc, but you don't just automatically have TracLoc unless you ask for it and pay the extra money for it. At least that's the way it was just a couple months ago when I ordered my Jeep.

I have the Dana44 but I DON'T have TracLoc (although I wish I did).

You'd better go to a dealer that has sold quite a few Wranglers and has someone who knows how to package options. Some dealers hardly ever sell a Wrangler and the salesmen don't know squat about what comes with what.

tsjay
  • spyrodragonspyrodragon Member Posts: 147
    Buy what you like man... I mean get the stuff that you are going to be using more. Like me, I got the D30 in front and D35 in rear because I'm soon going to upgrade to a Tera D60 with OX lockers. I have the automatic... Between auto and manual it just depends on what you want, they both have their own advantages and disadvantages off-road and on-road. Just find what you like and get it... if you are going to upgrade, just get the cheaper of what you can get and switch it out...and by the way, JEEPS are AWESOME!
    After a month and a half of being on backorder, Spyro's brushguard is finally in! Now I just gotta find out when I'll have time to put it on, been making a movie lately and so I havn't had time to do ANYTHING! I'll have pics up as soon as I can on my girlfriends website. http://www.sparx.muddyyellowjeep.com/
    Thanks tsjay. I enjoyed reading the articles you posted on wanting and then finally getting your jeep. I think I can tell you more about your jeep than you can by now. lol. I read about the possibility of a new v-6 for the tj on mikes jeep news page and all fours jeep club site. the 3.7 v-6 is not new apparently its just the 4.7 v-8 with the front two cylinders cut off. its rumored to be put in the tj in 2002 or 2003. which begs the question will I be better off with the v-6, or will I have a desirable classic with the final run of the good ol straight 6. I hate decisions.
    Yeah, man, it was a REAL struggle for me to get my Jeep! I sometimes go back and read my old posts from when I was trying to think of a way to get into a Jeep. I get a chuckle out of them.

I'll tell you what, though, Thelma Jane is worth everything I went through to get her. She is more fun to drive than any of the great number of other vehicles I have owned.

I assume you have checked out Thelma's web page, but if you haven't, then you might want to do so. You can read my "Ode to a Wrangler" poem and see some pics of Thelma.

http://members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

Tonka, I think I would still prefer the 4.0 L. A V-6 is not nearly as well balanced as a straight six. If the 3.7 is anyting like the 4.3 GM engine, which is a chopped off 350, then it is going to be noisy and not exactly smooth running. Now the 4.3 is a good, reliable engine with some serious power, but I don't know anything about the 3.7. That 4.0 L has been around for ages, and it has proven itself many times over.

Whatever you decide, good luck. I know there's no way I could wait that long to get a Jeep (regarding the 2002 model).

I am not exactly blessed with patience.

tsjay

• desertfoxxdesertfoxx Member Posts: 16
    Sorry I have not been on lately. Been out of town. No news on Rommel yet. I have not checked on his status because it will drive me crazy! I figure they told me 6 to 8 weeks and if it comes early it will be a great surprise. It was 4 weeks since last Friday that I ordered it so I should be in the stretch! Glad to hear you and Thelma Jane are doing well. Don't sweat the gas milage. Life is way to short to be bothered with such stuff! Keep me updated on your black hard top fix. Don't be to bummed. I have found that everytime I get a new vehicle I get some little damage that takes the "flawless" out of the vehicle. It use to infuriate me, but then I noticed that my vechicle seemed to escape further damage for the rest of the time I owned it. I don't know, maybe I have just been lucky!
    Good to hear from you again. I didn't know what had happened to you.

I don't see how you can keep from checking on Rommel! I was driving them crazy calling about Thelma.

I have to try to find some time to take off a couple hours from work and get her over to the dealer where I bought her, so they can look at the place on her top where the paint has come off.

My dealer doesn't have a body shop, so they just have to look at it and then send me somewhere to get it fixed. I hope they will let me use a body shop in the town where I work. It is way out of my way to go to Owensboro, Ky., where the dealer is located. There are two dealers closer to my home, but those are the guys who tried to rape me when I was shopping for a Jeep, and I don't want to go to either of them. One of those dealers is in the little town that I live in and the other is in the town where I work. Either one would be much handier for me.

I'll let you know how it turns out, but it is killing me having something wrong with Thelma. I've got to get that taken care of! There's a super body shop in the town where I work, and that's where I would like to take her.

Later, desertfoxx!

tsjay

• saenzskisaenzski Member Posts: 50
    You said you were making a movie? Is it a Jeep movie or what? Sounds interesting...
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    tjy Are you guys getting the trac-lok? It is worth it unless you are going to put something better in.

raider42 I believe the difference between the Sahara and sport is around $500 more for the Sahara with the same options.

tonkadave Welcom to the board. I wouldn't wait on the new engine. The 4.0 is a great engine and I would not risk it. It may turn out to be a better engine but I doubt it will be that much better.
  • shuggins1shuggins1 Member Posts: 13
    I know of a 2001 sienna sport w/ dual tops 'black tops'and all the options you listed. I saw it last weekend at joe jacoby jeep in warrenton. It's about 35 miles out 66 from dc. The web site is joejacoby.com. I would call them and see if they still have it. I was looking at it. I know they can match the $100 over invoice deal and there would be no wait. Just thought I would pass that along. Good luck!
    I have a ? for all jeep owners out there. My 2001 sahara is my 2nd wrangler. My last one was a 93 and I had it for 6 yr. I put 5 windshields on it in the 6 years I owned it. Now I thought in 97 they set the windshield at a different angle to help with all the rock chips. I got my 2001 sahara in December and I already have a big rock chip. I have heard those hood deflectors help channel the rocks over the roof. Is this true?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't think I'd trust any outfit whose webpage opens my favorites everytime I go there trying to get me to add them to my list. Most irritating....

Steve
    Host
    SUV and Vans Message Boards
    I am home sick today with big time stomach trouble, and I thought I would be bored to death.

Looks like some of my buddies are posting, though, so maybe I will have something to do after all.

Hi shuggins, steve, texasjeep, and saenzski! Anybody feel like chatting? Any of you guys got Instant Message? I am tjoh298765 on Instant Message if someone feels like hollering at me.

If not, then keep posting.

tsjay

That is a pain. But, I don't think you can judge an outfit by it's website. They are a great dealership. Plus I'm a huge skins fan so it's always nice to go in and talk to the great Joe Jacoby. I bought my first jeep from them. This last jeep I bought somewhere else. Jocoby only has about 10 wranglers in stock and none of them were what I wanted.
  • sfjeepssfjeeps Member Posts: 66
    The Dana 44 is worth gettting if you are planning to install tires larger then 30" and plan to use it off road. The Dana 44 is a much stronger axle and usually comes with a trac lok in it. The trac lok is not as strong as a detroit locker but it does work very well. The Dana 30 axle isn't nearly as strong and with larger size tires it may decided to spit an axle.
    I am saenzski on aol IM, you said you were on, but I cannot find you pal.
  • mellismellis Member Posts: 150
    FYI for everyone that is looking to buy a new 2001 Wrangler - there is now a $500 mfg rebate on the SE, Sport, and Sahara until 4/3/01. Make sure you get this rebate when you look for your deal. You should get this subtracted from your deal, i.e. if you agree on $100 over invoice then you should end up at $400 UNDER invoice.

Happy shopping!

Mark
    I just noticed the rebate this morning myself while taking my daily tour thruough the jeep website. Thats great because im getting ready to order and I know they dont offer it much or at all on the wranglers. I dont think the $100 over invoice will be a problem for me, but I know the advertising fee will be. Has anyone been able to avoid paying it.
    I have always been told by the "old hands" in the Jeep world that DC NEVER gives rebates on the Wranglers. The rebate on the automatic transmission on the 2000's was unusual, I guess.

Too bad the rebate wasn't in effect about three months ago when I ordered Thelma Jane. I am happy for you guys that are getting ready to place your orders, though.

I sure hope DC survives, for the sake of their employees. Things must be awfully bleak now. They are closing plants and laying off shifts.

Good timing for tonkadave and tjy, huh? I'm happy for you guys.

tsjay

Hey, desertfoxx, is it too late for you to get in on the rebate, since you haven't actually taken delivery yet?

I suppose you won't be able to, since you have already made the deal. Bummer, but I know that won't take away from your enjoyment at Rommel's arrival one little bit, right?

tsjay
    No it wasn't about a Jeep... although my Jeep has been in a couple other Movies... These are just Student projects at North Carolina School of the Arts. But they are 5,000 dollar budgets outside of equipment costs. They are actually shot on 16mm film and processed and edited on an AVID. Then sent to film festivals. So Spyro will soon be shown around the US! This one was actually about a LARGE pile of POOP! Seriously... this guy lost a ring that he was going to ask this girl to marry him with down the toilet. He follows it by the sound of the clanking in the drain pipes. He ends up in the sewers and gets attacked by a group of rouge GIRL SCOUTS! This sewer dweller comes to his rescue by scaring off the girls and leading him to the pile of POOP where the unfortunate man must rummage through to find the ring. It's actually alot more involved than that but that's just the jist of it. I am working on a movie in March that I had to get a HUMMER and a Porshe for. Got the Hummer just not the Porshe, yet.
    Tsjay:

I am in the a similar situation to where you were a couple of months ago. Want a Wrangler, have a car that I like (96 Audi A4 Quattro) but I WANT the Wrangler.

I have been having minor maintenance issues with the A4 for the past few months. $200 here, $300 there. It is trying to tell me it is tired. The $500 Wrangler rebate did it - I'm off to the dealer.

I have a hard time getting what I want on the A4 and a good price on the Wrangler at the same time. Finally I find a dealer with the 2001 Sport I want, equiped with dual tops, blue, etc. I get him to $500 under invoice with the rebate. I get him to the figure I want for the Audi. So I start driving over this morning to complete the deal with check in hand. Note that I have had to really stretch the old budget here.

On the drive over I notice that the Audi's odometer and trip meter are out. No LED display at all. Uh oh. I let the dealer know. Not good.

I figured a blown fuse at worst. WRONG! Two Audi dealers confirm it is an $800 repair since you have to replace the entire gauge cluster! And I obviously can't trade or sell a car without a working odometer. [SIGH]

Assuming I can get out of my driveway tomorrow morning (16" of snow) it is off to the used parts stores to see if I can find a used set (doubtful). Even if I do the labor is still $300.

With this added bill I really cannot afford the Wrangler. But I'm not sure I can afford the Audi repairs either!

Mark
    I say DON'T get it! I had one and all's it did was scratch the front of my hood where dirt would get caught down at the front. I've never had any problems with rocks chipping my window with or without the bug guard. The bug guard seemed to actually make the wind noise WORSE and make the soft top shake in weird ways... It did keep some of the bugs off the window but rocks are more heavy than bugs so I would imagine that they would just go right through the wind flow and still hit the windshield. Hope this helps
    Sounds like you must have been following my posts back when I was going nuts trying to figure out a way to get a Wrangler.

You think YOU can't afford a Wrangler? You know how far in the hole I went, not that any sane person would do the same.

It sounds to me like you can't afford to keep the Audi either! That is a shame, though, man. If it had just waited another day or two to act up, it wouldn't have been your problem.

Where do you live? I am jealous about the 16" of snow! I have been dying for a good snow to play in with Thelma Jane.

Go ahead, mellis, get the Jeep! You might as well be as crazy as I am. Being insane is a lot of fun!

tsjay

• twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    I am inking my deal this week and wanted to post a follow up on the rebate. It is a Customer rebate so the $500 comes off the bottom line, not invoice. The net effect is you pay your deal price for the vehicle, plus tax, plus tag/title, and use the $500 as a reduction in cash due at delivery. Nice little bonus, though. My best deal so far is $195 over invoice (Jasper Jeep north of ATL), no dealer fees (doc or prep). We'll pocket the $500 at the bottom as well. Roughly $260 under true invoice since we'll pay tax on the bigger #.

Our TJ will be:
    White w/ Camel interior and soft top
    5 speed
    25D pkg
    A/C
    30" Canyon package
    CD radio
    Subwoofer console
    Tow Hooks/Fog lights

My first order to Quadratec will be for a set of black tube steps and a car cover to keep the cats off our new ride!

We're passing on the "lock a trunk" because it looks like it could be dismantled with a Leatherman (we'll order aftermarket metal one; any suggestions?). We're also passing on the Trac lok since our plans are to cut our 4 wheeling teeth for a year or so and then look into upgrading tires, mild lift, and locker on the rear.

I'll be sure to post pics in a month or so (assuming I get the priority tsjay did!).

-twylie
    While at the dealer, I picked up a copy of Jeep News (Winter 2001). At the very back I found a Q&A that addresses an issue posted here a while back. (See, I did my homework and read through the last 1000 posts over the last week!)

Q: We just purchased our new Jeep Wrangler. When do you shift into 4WD on an icy highway? And when do you shift back to 2WD.

A: Jeep Wrangler has Command Trac part time 4WD. On hard, dry pavement, use 2WD (2H). For ice, snow, or slush, engage 4WD (4H). On paved roads with lengthy stretches of ice or snow and brief stretches of dry pavement, I leave the system in 4H and use the throttle lightly. For longer dry stretches of more than a tenth of a mile or so, I shift from 4H to 2H. You can shift in between these two modes by simply releasing the throttle slightly as you move the transfer case shift lever.

That was the published text from Jeep. YMMV.

-twylie
  • ckingsburyckingsbury Member Posts: 44
    I have a friend with a 2000 S4. He loves it, bit fears the day when it begins to have problems. Perhaps it's better that you keep it a while, and do a private sale? Unless you're totally uncomfortable doing that, you stand to make a better deal for both sides.

I for one am generally very gun-shy about doing the sort of thing TSJay did, partly because I've spent most of the past 3 years since I graduated college paying off credit cards. Now that that's done, and I got a major salary increase with a new job, I finally went and bought everything I wanted in a car, instead of compromising in a big way. And I'm also not worrying if I'll be able to live with what's left after gas, insurance, and loan. Not to say you wouldn't enjoy it, but what makes it great for me now is that I'm not worried about it, not wondering if I went in over my head.

TSJay- up here in Boston we're getting a good 6-8" since this afternoon. My Wrangler definitely enjoys the weather, though it makes the commute home more exciting than I'd prefer. Also reminds me why I paid for Trac-Lok and, escpecially, ABS. They work very nicely, even when you hit an 8" slushpile at 50mph on I-93.

-cwk.
    In each of the dealerships I went to this weekend, there was no mention of any ad fees (Atlanta, GA market). I was very explicit in asking for "out the door" numbers so I could compare apples to apples.

I'll let you know if I get by without any "suprises" when I phone in my order later in the week

-twylie
  • wleekewleeke Member Posts: 13
    Hey everybody! I figured I'd better start posting for two reasons : 1) I'm now officially a Jeep owner and 2) TJAY is gettin on me everyday I don't! LOL
    I got my 2001 Sport in last Thursday after the order was placed on 1/3/01. Pretty impressed with the turn-a-around time myself. Here's the run down on my baby (that doesn't have a name yet, sorry TJAY, I'm working on it)...
    Patriot Blue w/Black dual tops and Agate interior
    Automatic (too much city driving)
    A/C , ABS , Trac-Lok , 30" Canyon Tire Group , Fog Lamps & Tow Hooks , Add-a-Trunk , Convenience Group w/all those extras , deep tint on windows , sentry key.
    Now...as far as experience so far....well, it's taking some getting use too! I traded a 2000 Navigator for this and while I have no regrets, I can't count the times I've reached for those power windows! I picked it up on Thursday afternoon and closed the deal. I was surprised when I sat down to do my paperwork because they had already DEDUCTED the $500 REBATE and I wasn't even aware of it being made available! So my $200 over dealer invoice became $300 UNDER dealer invoice. To top that off, since I was upside down on my trade as far as it being worth more than the Jeep I avoided paying sales tax on the deal which saved me about $1300.00! I knew that was going to be the case, but didn't know about the rebate.
    She spent all day Friday getting a Excaliber motion alarm installed along with the windows further tinted and the radar detector wired up.
    I did notice after one night in the garage that there was a slight oil leak. This got progressively worse over the weekend and I decided this morning to get her to the dealership first thing. It was the oil filter loose, not a big deal at all! Yey! The only other thing I seem to have a problem with is the driver door closing tightly. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 shuts to get it flush. Anybody got any thoughts? The dealership adjusted the strike but it seems to still be doing it.
    After the dealership I took her over to the 4x4 performance center and she's undergoing a little cosmetic surgery. All chrome bumpers and nurfs and grill insert and hinges and such. Also a 2 1/2" suspension lift. From there, she goes to the tire dealership and they are waiting with 32" x 11.50 BFGoodrich A/T and 15x8 Hellcats. I can hardly wait to get on the road with her!!
    I am looking about switching the radio out, although I have some hang ups with the aftermarkets systems...the darn buttons are too small and stuff! I ordered the AM/FM with tape, but I need the CD as well. Anybody got any good ideas on this? I didn't really want to go with the changer with the cord, which was suggested to me. I like the controls on the system itself.
    Well, I'm posting way, way, too long here, so I'll update in a few days and hopefully have before & after pics within a week or so!
    Take care everybody and thanks for all your help in getting to this point with my new baby girl!
    Congrats on the new Jeep! I hope it will come in real soon, like mine did, but I guess you are looking at rail shipment, considering where you live. It could actually take longer for the shipping than for getting the Jeep built in the first place.

I hope you survive the waiting with your sanity intact. It was sure hard on me when I was waiting on Thelma!

Thanks for the info on driving on partially snow/ice covered roads. I was the one who posed that question a while back.

Keep posting!

tsjay

It's about time! Thanks for the update.

I hope it won't take too long to get some pics posted. I can't wait to see that baby!

Congrats on being an official member of the family now.

So they were already figuring your rebate? That was nice of them, but I guess they would have had no reason not to, since it goes directly to the customer. I wonder when that rebate officially went into effect? I was afraid that you had missed it.

tsjay
    Congratulations! Sounds like it's on it's way to being an even more stout ride. I'm sure you'll love it.

I have a Q about the equipment you got. Everyone I spoke to said I couldn't get the ABS w/ the Canyon wheel and tire group. Can you confirm that it's possible?

Thanks and be sure to post some pics soon!

-twylie
    Wleeke:

I have a solution for you on the CD issue - the Pioneer DEH-P47DH. Go to www.crutchfield.com and search for this unit. $249.95.

The beauty of this beast is that it is specially sized for the Jeep opening. That means 1) nice looking fit, and 2) very large buttons! Worth a look. I put one in my wife's Caravan and it took me 15 minutes.

Congrats on your new ride!

Mark
    SPYRO.

That sounds like the kind of films I like to watch. I was very close to going to film school. I envy you. Anyway, it sounds fun. Are copies of your films availiable for private viewing?

Curious.
  • ckingsburyckingsbury Member Posts: 44
    My Sahara has both of these, and the limited-slip differential as well. After a very nasty ride home in a nor'easter last night, I can confirm that they all work very well.

-cwk.
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    mellis

You might want to check a junkyard for the gauge cluster? It is nice to see that new technology does not cost much to replace. What year is your car?

twylie

I guess you will be getting the Dana 44 with the 30" tire group?

If you plan off-roading you may want to rethink the tube steps. If you go with rock rails or rocker skids you gain a lot more clearance and I think they will hold up better.

http://www.turbocity.com/JeepBumpers.htm

The trac-lok is not great but could be worth buying. You don't have to have large tires and lift to off-road. You can start off-roading it some right away.

security boxes:

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/

Thanks for the post on snow/ice driving. Good info

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    ....that the Jeep Wrangler owners may be interested in having their own club conference. I have created Jeep Wrangler Owners folder. When you have an opportunity, please take a look. You can offer your suggestions for the club in the Meet the Members discussion.

Hope to see you there soon!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    unfortuantly the movies I work on are owned by NCSA film school so they don't sell them. Everything I've worked on so far is still in the editing and ADR process, so there are no final prints out. I'll let you know if they are going to be sent off to any film festivals at sometime. Hopefully I'll be working on a professional independant feature within the next couple of months... Catch ya later buddy.
    I guess they want us locals to go to our own jeep owners site. Maybe they will set up a film lovers jeep forum.
  • biets7463biets7463 Member Posts: 4
    looked at a 2001 Sahara today, loaded up and has Trac-Lok...etc., dealer said he would sell for $200 over invoice of $23,685.....sound like a good deal? Beautiful green with camel top, need to upgrade standard wheels, just wondering if that price seems right? Thanks...
    I think the issue is that I can't get ABS w/ 30" Canyon pkg because I'm getting a 5 speed tranny. From what I can tell the Canyon pkg gets the Dana 44-3 rear axle ONLY if you get the 5 speed tranny. The dana axle is what prohibits the ABS being added.

If anyone has the Sport 5 speed, with Canyon (including Dana 44) AND has ABS, please let me know. My competing dealers weren't very well educated on this fine point.

texasjeep
    thanks for the links. I'll check them out. We plan to take a maiden wheeling voyage with a friend's club sometime in the first couple of months. We'll definitley go out with the bone stock Jeep. I'm guessing it has more capability than I have guts! Upgrades are for when we start feeling limited in our ability to go on cool trips and rides.

-twylie
    Biets7463:

You can do better than that. Most people are getting $100 - $200 over invoice and then subtract the $500 rebate. That would leave you at $300 - $400 UNDER invoice.

Mark
  • wleekewleeke Member Posts: 13
    Got my baby back today complete with that 2 1/2" lift, chrome bumpers (front one with hoop), chrome nurf bars and hood locks that are fantastic! Going to get the new wheels and rubber on her tomorrow!
    But darn if that oil leak isn't back. Not near as bad as it was, but a drip none the less. Heading to the dealer ASAP to get that tended too!

TWYLIE : You are correct on the information you found out. You can't get the ABS with the 5-speed and/or the Dana 44. You can get it with the Canyon group with the automatic and Dana 35.

MELLIS : Thanks for the info on the stereo. I'll check the Crutchfield web site out in a minute and check out what your talking about.

TJAY : Yes, I hugged my Jeep today :)

Take care everybody.