Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2009 dodge ram 1500 mirror signals

dwight1974dwight1974 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Dodge
I purchased an 09 ram 1500 hemi package and added the factory signal mirrors after purchase and cant get them to work...They are plug in so everything was easy to install but I cant get them to work..? Any ideas? Everything else is working i.e. the mirrors move etc just no mirror led signals.. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    higginsonhigginson Member Posts: 1
    I to own a 2009 Dodge Ram and I just added the factory signal mirrors. My LED Signal lights are not working but my power mirrors work. Did you find out anything or fix yours yet?
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    An aftermarket company is seeking an owner of a 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie to test the side view mirror’s memory function. The company will provide the new mirror to the volunteer who will be able to keep it after helping with the test. If you are interested, please email sylvia@edmunds.com with your phone number and mailing address.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • Options
    2009ram2009ram Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the fix is if the signal mirrors are added to a truck that did not come with them to make the signal and courtesy lights to work?
  • Options
    2009ram2009ram Member Posts: 2
    I found this posted on another site that answers the question on how to make the signal work when adding factory Dodge mirrors to a truck that did not originally come with them. "The dealer's StarScan tool will need to be used to enable the feature by accessing the TIPM or Cluster Module. As long as your truck has the correct harness for the trun signal mirror it shoudl work after enabling the mirror trun signal feature."
  • Options
    chunk44chunk44 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I installed the blinker mirrors on my Ram and I have been trying to get my mirrors programmed at the dealer and they have not found a way to do it, if anyone out there knows where to look for the StarScan code please let me know so that I can go to the dealer and give them the code, or if you know how to do this please let me know. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.