Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Cadillac SRX

13»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Twinmom111,
    Yes, you can currently order a new 2010 SRX. If you want me to locate a dealership in your area I will need your zip code. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • tpg3tpg3 Member Posts: 1
    My dealer never even told me the gate would not be supplied, once I called , he indicated oh no it's an option, to your urail system, , Ok, great ! I then offered to pay for something that was part of my options list, oh geez, there are issues with the gate system but I'll put you on the list. Bottom line lots of bushwa from our friendly dealers. I've written to Gm directly ,will let you know there version of the story

as to the spare yep in Canada that's what u get, mon ami!
  • jim741jim741 Member Posts: 1
    After the first wheel rotation from an authorized Cadillac dealer two of my 2010 SRX center hubs came up missing. Is this a common thing to happen? I noticed in a parking lot today another 2009 SRX with the same problem. Are there lockable ones available? If this is going to be a repeatable problem, I'll buy a BMW in the fall, and let some other person have this problem.
  • mcorollamcorolla Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    I am trying to order a Cadillac 2010 SRX AWD V6 Luxury with the trailing provision.
    To no avail. I am going through one of the largest dealers in Galveston Houston area.
    Each time dealer sends order to GM Cadilliac the response is trailing option is not available yet. I want this factory installed when car is built.
    Will this option be available soon or must wait till 2011 Model is produced.
    If even then.
    Why is it even listed as an option????
  • john436john436 Member Posts: 5
    I have one on my SRX. It,s a dealer installed accessory. Purchased SRX from Ron Carter in Clear Lake, Houston.
  • mcorollamcorolla Member Posts: 2
    I am new to the post hope this doesn't go through twice.
    Does it have a transmission cooler and 3500lb capacity? What was the price including installation.
    I live on west end of Galveston Island and need to evacuate at least once or twice a year pulling the boat
  • john436john436 Member Posts: 5
    Don't know the cost. I negotiated it with the deal. It's a cadillac accessory. Don't know about the cooler. ... be sure to order the spare tire as if you have serious flat when you are evacuating the pump thing wont be much good. The spare tire installed will cost $500.
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    Has anyone purchased an extended warranty for a 2010 SRX. I am interested in a GM Major Gaurd Plan( 7/75). Would like to know expected cost. Thanks
  • doctormstein1doctormstein1 Member Posts: 3
    I know with the seat returning to memory before you enter is a choice in the configuration button in the car. You can set it to move on opening and it will stay open until you hit the memory button on the side of the seat.
  • doctormstein1doctormstein1 Member Posts: 3
    Gm custormer service can you tell me when the adjustable cargo fence will finally be available to purchase . It is already the middle of july thanks
  • cheapsweatercheapsweater Member Posts: 1
    Since i'm buying a cadillac, the least expensive SRX that I can find WITH A SUNROOF is $36,500? Would it be cheaper to wait & have a 2011 build? or do we even know that?
    thanks deana
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2010
    Forgot to play with the parano-roof. We just recalled that it was a 2-pieces-glass-roof. Can the roof open all the way or just one front piece open/tilt? How the air turbulent w/ roof open during driving?
  • polyscipolysci Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2010 SRX in late March.

In June, I began having problems with the XM radio. With the screen up, the listing of songs playing near the channel I was listening to popped up and the check mark began jumping all around that screen. It appeared the radio was changing stations, but it remained on the station I was listening to. As songs ended and new ones began, this listing never updated, but the check mark continued jumping all around the screen. Seemed minor, but annoying. I could select "back" or press the radio button to get back to the main listening screen.

This problem increased in frequency while we were on a recent road trip. It became so annoying that I lowered the screen. That's when a whole new set of problems occurred. The channels actually changed stations--jumping all around--in the lower screen mode. Frustrating.

I called the dealer and they said it was my programming. I called XM radio and they said it was the manufacturer's problem. Then the reverse camera screen became distorted, but not all the time.

Car is now back at the dealer. They said they have to drive it around to duplicate the problem which irks me to know end. They said it may be a loose connection or may have to replace the radio. No estimated timeframe. Grrr.

I'm hoping this is not a bad sign about the overall reliability with the car. Yikes!

On a side note: Has anyone noticed that the XM navigation has the car's position off by about 1.5 miles? It's very frustrating when it says, "Turn left here." But really your turn is further down the road, or (worse!!), "You have arrived at your destination." And, you are in a busy area and have to continue driving around searching.

We still use our Garmin Nuvi and put the XM Navigation on silent mode now. Interesting the two different routes they sometimes suggest. Yes, I've experimented with the various route options, too. We've learned to trust the Nuvi over the XM Navigation in the SRX. The SRX doesn't recognize a road that leads to our house; thus, directs us the around another block or two. So, untrustworthy. It's sent us through 30MPH residential areas to connect to a major Interstate when if we'd turned the other direction the Interstate connection was RIGHT THERE.

Anyone else notice these things?

Thanks for the feedback, in advance.
  • kec11kec11 Member Posts: 11
    Had my 2010 SRX since Dec 2009. None of what you're referring to has occurred. Definitely sounds faulty or loose wiring harness. Good Luck with the fix!
  • richman64richman64 Member Posts: 15
    I'm debating whether to get the Shale or the Titanium interior. I prefer the look of the shale but am worried about how easy it will be to keep it clean looking, especially in the winter.

I'd appreciate any feedback on your experiences with it.

Thanks.
    My previous 2005 SRX as well as my 2010 SRX has Shale interiors. As long as you clean the leather at least once every six months, it will hold up fine. The carpeting came back to clean for about 4 washings but then started to hold stains after that 2 year period. What I did with my 2010 SRX is install the weathertech custom molded inserts which look great and now I don't need the carpet shampooed at all with the exception of occasional wash touch up at the top of the left side foot rest. Good luck with your SRX decision. After 10 months, I'm still in love with my SRX!
  • obravadaobravada Member Posts: 37
    I purchased the weathertech molded floor mats as well. I've purchased them for all my vehicles. They sure catch all the sand and winter slush here in the northeast. My front carpets of the Tahoe I traded in for the 2010 SRX looked brand new. I also have the shale interior in my SRX
  • glmurglmur Member Posts: 4
    Sounds almost right, my note a bit cheaper...
    Received my recall notice this week regarding the power steering gear return line may wear due to movement of the line. Also was told by a freind who also has a 2010 SRX that the front strut mounts are defective. He went to the dealer and they said the parts to replace are on back order due to the many cars that are being fixed. Has anyone experienced any steering problems on their vehicles? If so I would bring to dealer and have them check your front struts.
    The recall is for the 2010 SRX
  • ndsrx1ndsrx1 Member Posts: 6
    I received the recall notice on the power steering on the 2010 SRX. I tried to have it fixed three weeks ago. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer, dropped the vehicle off and a short while later they called and told me they could not fix the recall, as they did not have the parts. So I rescheduled and took it in again and they supposedly "fixed" the power steering issue. I did not get any paperwork, which is really odd. We have always gotten paperwork when repairs are made to other GM vehicles, regardless if it was warranty or out-of-pocket. I also asked about the struts and they denied their being a recall on them. I asked if they could see a service bulletin on them and they said they could not. There is definitely an issue with them, which is even more noticeable with the colder weather. Needless to say, my experiences thus far, in the 5 months of ownership have been disheartening. My family has always been loyal buyers of GM products. I had dreamed of owning a Cadillac for the last 7 years and recently made my dream a reality. Now I cannot help but think I made a mistake. I perhaps should have gone with another make.
    I have a appointment with the local dealer to have the recall item repaired. I have a friend that had problems with his struts and they replaced them for him. He was told that not all 2010 vehicles have the problem. He did say in cold weather (which we have been having in Connecticut) the thumping noise is more noticeable.
    Just recently I have been having problems with the tailgate on my 2010 SRX. I had the tailgate open and was about to load some luggage in the vehicle when the tailgate went into a free fall striking me on the side of my head. The speed at which it lowered was faster than the normal close speed. I had the key fob in my jeans and I don't believe I had caused the tailgate to lower. Several days later I was shopping and was returning to my car with my purchases and noriced the tailgate was up when I exited the store. I thought this was strange as the store was some distance from where I parked my car. The same thing happened again about a 1/2 hour later at another parking lot. This time the car was parked a much greater distance from the store. Has anyone experienced this type problem? Again, the key fob was in my coat chest pocket and I don't believe I had hit it in any way. Do you think the key fob is overly sensitive?
  • ndsrx1ndsrx1 Member Posts: 6
    I have not been hit on the head by the lift gate yet, but I will say that last week I came out to my SRX and found the lift gate open. Luckily, it was just outside of my residence, so I was not overly concerned.

I see they have dicontinued production on the 2.8 Turbo, I can only assume this is because of issues.
  • laurielllauriell Member Posts: 1
    2010 SRX FWD PREMIUM -

I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY NOTICE FOR THIS RECALL: POWERING STEERING HOSE/CLAMP, (PARTS HAVE BEEN REPLACED) HOWEVER; FOUND OUT AFTER BEING ASSERTIVE WITH THE SERVICE DEPT IN JAN 2011 REGARDING OTHER ISSUES WITH THE LEMON THAT I OWN. AND ALSO THE STRUT MOUNTS, WHICH I HAVE NOT FOUND A RECALL AS OF YET. PARTS ON BACK ORDER. SERVICE WRITER WOULD NOT PROVIDE ME THE PAPERWORK, BULLETIN OR RECALL REPORT. HOWEVER, I HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THEM ONLINE.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Your post is hard to read. Please unlock your caps key.
  • bobmunbobmun Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering has this issue been corrected? I am having this problem and my dealer can not duplicate it.
    I took my SRX to the dealer at the recommendation of GM. I filed a claim with GM and they needed to have a dealer look at the vehicle to see if there are any mechanical issues. The dealer could not replicate the problem (hatch has worked fine except for the one instance of it falling). They took pictures of the tailgate as requested and sent to GM. Problem has not been resolved as yet. Oh by the way.. there is another recall on my SRX according to the dealer. Will schedule that repair next week.
  • granpa1granpa1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem as you. My dealer could not figure it out either. Did you ever find out how to do it?
    I've had the same problem in my 2010 SRX. I change the time and it stays set until I restart the car. The time reverts back to EST.
    obravada,
    Have you taken it to the dealer to see if they could get it to work correctly?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I took the car to the dealer on Thursday, they had to perform a software update to fix the problem. Other that removing all my presets on my radio everything seems to be working OK. THe problem I had with the HVAC controls was also fixed with the software update.
    obravada,
    Glad to hear this resolved your problems. If you have any other questions comments or concerns please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I lost the ability to manage the HVAC controls on Monday. While I was driving the vehicle the control push buttons stopped working. I could not change the temp, control the seat heating/cooling option or change direction of the airflow. Since I was in the vacinity of the dealer where I have had all my passed warantee items addressed I stopped and had a mechanic verify that indeed there was a problem. I did not turn vehcile off as the problem diappears when I restart the vehicle. THey had the vehicle for 3 days in there attempt to fix..which was done by updating software that controls the HVAC. I was told that if the problem appears again their next option is to replace the entire center dashboard control modules.
  • ridesallyrideridesallyride Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my 2010 SRX . I purchased it new last year. Last week I went out of town and didn't have HVAC on the trip home. It worked fine the next day. Today when I took it to the dealer for repair it was working, the service department was at a loss. I found your message and called them to request they update my HVAC software. Thank you for sharing.
    Since I had the software update I have not had any additional problems with the HVAC controls. I'm always glad to share my experiences as I have benefited from the resolutions of other problems on this board.
    Thanks for posting! My 2 year old 2010 SRX just started sticking to daylight savings time and couldn't keep it set an hour earlier. This is my 1st bug after 2 years. Next time I oil change, I'll have them update my clock software.
    I had the same problem with the clock keeping the correct time when changing to and from daylight saving time. I would reset the time to the correct time, as long as the vehicle was not turned off the clock settings worked OK. Stopping the car would reset the time back (1) hour to DST. Needless to say I don't have the car any longer as I found the ride very uncomfortable. I previously owned a 2007 Chevy Tahoe that I traded in for the Caddy..boy do I regret that deal. I was never pleased the ride. Traded the Caddy for a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT2. I'm enjoying the GMC..but wish I had never given up the Tahoe.
  • sherihaddocksherihaddock Member Posts: 1
    How much does the software update cost?

Thanks
    Hi sherihaddock,

If you are still under warranty the software updates should be free. Please consult with your dealership for any additional information about vehicle updates.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care