Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Cadillac SRX

Comments

• lacolaco Member Posts: 28
    I agree, the spare should be supplied as well as appropreate storage for it. Although its not a sports car, is it too much to ask that it not feel underpowered, and that the transmission not do so much hunting? It is, after all a Cadillac.
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    A spare tire just takes up space and adds weight.The new breed of tires today do not go flat as soon as you pick up a nail. With the TPMS you get an advance warning of a problem. The sealer/tire inflator.should get you to a tire repair facility. If a bigger problem, you have On Star. We have had our 2010 SRX for two weeks and it has plenty of quite power with a smooth shifting transmision. This is a very high fidelty automobile at an absolute bargain price.
  • barry626barry626 Member Posts: 78
    Easy!
    Leave it in my garage!
    Most of my driving is local if I need it call some one or "OnStar" to pick it up for me.
    Out of state driving throw the donut & jack in the back & I'm set to go!
    Driving 36 years & maybe 3 flats total so really not expecting any but set if I do?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    "Leave it in my garage."?? I certainly don't have room in my garage for a spare tire. That's just ridiculous! I've had too many issues with nails in the tires of the cars I have driven in all these years to have to deal with it. Sorry, but although I was really excited about the new Cadillac -- and, yes, it most probably is a bargain compared to the Lexus for what you get for the price, the lack of a spare may keep it out of the ballgame for me.

And as for out-of-state driving, there would certainly be no room to be putting a spare tire loose in the cargo area of this vehicle as I would probably have the cargo area full of luggage and whatnot. I mean, come on, Guys! This is really not a very "intuitive" thing that was thought out here.
  • glmurglmur Member Posts: 4
    Its very irritating, and your right for 42k there is no way this should be happening. I feel like I been ripped off.
  • ussubsussubs Member Posts: 1
    I drove the Lexus RS350, the Acura RDX, the Mercedes GLK and the Audi Q5 and I bought the AWD 2010 SRX. Comfortable, great styling, quiet, with an incredible navigation system. The Audi was the best driver's car in that it felt like a sports car to drive (you felt every bump as well) but the SRX was the second best connection to the road and all of the other features at the most competitive price had me choosing the SRX.

I don't think that the lack of a spare is a serious issue. SImply seal the flat, reinflate and head for a replacement. Flats don't happen enough for this to be a significant factor.

All in all a great car for N. Idaho for the wife and I and with so much better styling than the competition. Buy American!
    No way you should feel ripped off.
    You should of known there was no spare long before buying it.
    If no spare is such a big deal, move on & buy something else!
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    Your criticism is a little harsh. How many other family vehicles don't come with a spare? The salesman should have informed the customer before the purchase.
    Most cars today do not come with a spare, tire kits only.
    BMW comes to mind let along a lot of higher end cars.

Sorry I do not mean to be harsh, but it not the salesman job to fill every detail of a car.
    Consumer should be well aware of what they are buying in fact know more then the sales person!
  • bkpawsatbkpawsat Member Posts: 13
    My 2010 SRX has the nav. I've had it about two weeks. The Traffic part of NAv and the Airport Weather conditions stopped working. I called XM to sign up for 3 years after the free 90 days of XM.

They sent a signal to the car asking me to keep it on for 20 minutes, channel 1 XM and NAV screen pulled up. I've now called and had the reset signal sent 3 separate days but still no Traffic or Weather.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions short of taking it to the dealer? Thanks.
    I've never bought a vehicle that didn't have a spare or donut. I think most take it for granted they have one and wouldn't even think to ask.

If it's not the salesman's job to inform his customer what is his job? That's why more buyers would rather eliminate these sleeze balls and deal over the internet.

If you have a blowout on the Thruway that completely ruins the tire what does a tire kit do for you? Have fun waiting for hours for someone to show up.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    I knew about the lack of spare tire before I bought my SRX. You would think anyone posting on this forum would have thoroughly researched before purchase. Isn't that what we do here?

That said, I am a little worried about the lack of a spare. I have had a blowout before, and a can of air won't help. If that were to happen again, we're talking tow truck to a tire store or dealer. Hassle for sure, and no chance to shop around for the new tire, but otherwise not the end of the world. Overall, not a deal breaker for me.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    And that's assuming the tire store is open.

And that they have a tire in stock that fits.

Been there, done that. I carried around an odd-ball sized tire for several years after I destroyed an OEM tire on a rough road in the middle of nowhere. I purchased the odd-ball sized spare just so I would have one (next town was another couple of hundred miles away on gravel, and there was no guarantee that a shop there would have an OEM sized tire).

I did research the spare situation and had swapped out the spacesaver for a full size tire when I got that car new.

Never did find the hubcap from that flat.
    Salesman job is to sell you a car & make MONEY!
    Surely u can never expect a salesman to know every detail of a car, NO WAY!
    You do your research on everything else you buy in life, why not your car too?
    I've bought 22 new cars in my life & never once did I find out later something was missing.
    Never expect anything in life & you'll NEVER be disappointed later!

SRX is a cheap car for what you get, buy a donut for $295 & be done with it. Comes with jack & all you need to change a flat.
    This is why I have concerns with the lack of a spare on a vehicle.
    I barely had my vehicle a year and luckily since I had a full-sized
    spare, I just switched the spare with the affected tire, which was
    patched, but just in case, since it was close to the sidewall, the
    tire place recommended putting the full-sized spare on.

That saved me from having to purchase a tire that costs north of
    $180.00 to replace,
  • kec11kec11 Member Posts: 11
    I guess I've been lucky living in Downtown Chicago. There's no high speed driving so as long as I've had Michelin Tires-no flats. That includes my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder, my 2000 BMW X5, my 2005 SRX and so I'm fine with no spare in my 2010 SRX (which has had no problamos since purchase on Dec 16 2009). I guess it was worth the wait to get a platinum ice white which were delivered last (after all the other problems in the other color deliveries prior to dec 2009). :)
    Thanks for the lecture. Glad to hear your always right and never make a mistake.

I always ask about the spare when I test drive a vehicle, so stop the nonsense.

I'm just disagreeing with the decision by GM not to include a spare. Gm saves a lot of cash and it brings the weight down for mpg. I guess they assume a typical caddy owner won't change a tire anyway even if they had one.
  • goodtogogoodtogo Member Posts: 5
    Anyone seen or driven the SRX Turbo version yet. I have an 08 SRX V8 which I
    like a lot. Wife would like something smaller though. Read reviews of V6 version
    that complained of the lack of power.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I haven't driven the turbo yet, but I did drive the V6, and it did have a noticeable lack of power. My 08' SRX V6 had much more pickup than the new one.
  • srjacobssrjacobs Member Posts: 6
    We test drove and then ended up buying a Turbo Premium AWD - have had it now for a couple of weeks. The Turbo definitely has an extra kick in the low end. Whether it is worth the premium or not - not sure. We went that direction mainly because this is my wife's car and she was not comfortable with the pickup on the non-turbo.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    The Turbo does seen like it takes care of the big power deficit. Except for the price thing, the vehicle does sound pretty nice. Good luck with it.
  • goodtogogoodtogo Member Posts: 5
    Thanks ericzoom, we will need to replace our V* SRX this June and I did not like
    the power of the regular V6. Can't understand why they just didn't use the performance V6 that is in the CTS.
  • tracerptracerp Member Posts: 3
    Purchased '10 Turbo Performance Gray Fannel w/ebony interior, chrome wheels. Love it. traded '09 SRX White Diamond V6 needed a little more kick.

Would like to know if anyone knows what USB flash drives are compatible. My Transcend flashdrive does not work. I read the manual doesn't mention anything special so I checked at the dealer. They tried my flashdrive in an 09 CTS and it worked fine then they tried it in another '10 SRX and it did not work. They believe it's a compatibility problem They said they would try to find out but did not know how long it would take. patience it not something I have when I want to do something. Thanks
  • space_truckerspace_trucker Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased '10 SRX 3.0 AWD Premium, full load, silver with black interior.
    I am in Canada and love it so far.
    I test drove Q5, XC60, X3, X5, FX35, EX35, GLK, MDX

My question is that I have the U-rail system but did not get a cargo gate.
    What I received instead were 4 sliding tie down clamps that fit in the U-rail track.

When I inquired, I was told that the gate was not available due to poor design.
    Anybody down there get one of these gates or can confirm what I was told??

Also, FYI, up here in Canada, all of the SRX's that I looked at came with a compact spare (as mine did) and not the inflation kit like in the U.S.A.
  • tracerptracerp Member Posts: 3
    Mine came with the same 4 sliding tie down clamps was not aware of any cargo gate. and there was none in my 09 SRX. I have the inflation kit and no spare.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    There are two clocks in the new SRX. For daylight savings, I changed the time on the analog dial with no problem. The digital clock is another story. I change the time on the pop-up touchscreen with no problem. However, every time I restart the car, the time reverts back an hour. It won't hold the change to daylight savings. Any ideas?
  • nichelle02nichelle02 Member Posts: 10
    I didn't get a gate with mine. I didn't inquire as I wasn't interested in the add-on. But no, it didn't come with one.
    Took a recent 1123 mile trip in my 2010 FWD 3.0L SRX. Overall average was 25.2mpg. This was 90% interstate(70-75mph) and 10% city driving.
  • rotti92201rotti92201 Member Posts: 14
    Where would I find information on what people are paying for a 2010 SRX?? How much off of MSRP should I be able to neg.?? :confuse:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2010
    Ask in the Cadillac SRX Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion. Hopefully you'll get some fresh responses in there.

There's always True Market Value too.
    Yes, my salesman was at GM for training and they said the rack wouldn't be ready due to flaws and substituted the mesh tie down instead
  • john436john436 Member Posts: 5
    Does any know if it is possible to buy a spare tire kit for the 2019 SRX? The owner's manual, p 9-84, indicates that one exists.

I have called the Caddillac 800 number twice and the customer service people have not called me back. They did not seem to know much anyway.
    john436, I thought I had read somewhere on these forums where there is a spare tire kit available for the 2010 SRX. I even remember a price of like $300 for it. But I'm not sure if it was in the Edmunds forums. You might also try to check on the cadillacowners.com forums. Have you tried contacting your local Cadillac dealer by any chance? Hopefully, they can answer that question for you. I may be taking a test drive in the near future of the 2010 SRX, as my lease on my Lexus is coming up in August.

I plan on inquiring about the spare tire kit also.
    Hi, Guys. I went by my local Cadillac dealer in Tampa today before they opened up so I could take a look at the 2010 SRX's on the lot. Apparently, this dealership is now offering 18-inch chome wheels for the Luxury model, priced at around $2,495. They look very nice, much better than the regular 18-inchers that have been coming on the Luxury models.

One thing that I did not like that this dealership seems to be doing is adding a bunch of protection packages on a little side slip of paper in addition to the sticker that's on the car. It's unbelievable! There's about $1200 of add-ons such as paint protection, leather seat protection, something called Zylon -- don't know what that's for -- and something else. I'm wondering if those of you who have purchased the 2010 SRX had to deal with these add-ons and if you were able to refuse them.

I also saw a black SRX 2.8 Turbo with 270/45-20-inch spider-type rims on it. It was gorgeous! Reminded me of almost like an Infiniti FX, but prettier.

I really wasn't expecting to feel this way, but it looks like the 2010 SRX has jumped ahead of the 2010 RX350, which is saying a lot, as I'm coming from a 2007 RX350 with four months left on my lease! :shades:
  • bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    I believe that the spare tire comes standard on the SRX in Canada. Have your dealer contact GM Canada and see if they can supply the spare tire kit for you.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited April 2010
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that no one has gotten back with you. The spare tire option is available for the fleet and government vehicles only at this time. However, I would check with your local dealership to see if they have a spare tire for your vehicle. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Cadillac dealers in the Florida panhandle do not have dealer add on's on 2010 SRX's. ( Sam Taylor Ft. Walton Beach, Vince Wiebe Pensacola) They will also discount.
    Thanks for responding, jim1462. The funny thing is, for the 2010
    Lexus RX350, the local Lexus dealer is also doing the little add-ons also, which this dealer did not do back in '06 when I got my Lexus!
    Yes, the spare tire kit is available. I'd planned to pick one up but still haven't done it.There was a price increase and the last quoted price I saw was $336 + shipping.

By the way, I've had my SRX for just over a month now and *love* it.
    That's unfortunate about the add-ons. The dealer I purchased from didn't have the extras. I did opt for a paint protection/3M clear shield kit that was installed after purchase.
  • john436john436 Member Posts: 5
    I followed up on an earlier email and found out today that the kit is available. Apparently the kit includes the encasing, the donut tire and the jacks. The price I was quoted that includes the kit, shipping and installation was $600. I agree this make a great car even better. A note of thanks to the person that shared with me that the kit was available in Canada - this encouraged me to follow-up on the item. The salesman originally told me that a kit was not available.
  • bennett74bennett74 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I just purchased the SRX Luxury Collection w/Nav & Sunroof. The car have a very nice ride and is very comfortable. I went to two dealerships & the salesperson at the first one told me that the car could be set to have the remote in your purse & the car door would open. The second salesperson told me that you pull on the handle once & the second time you pull it, it opens the car (with the remote in your purse). After I had the car for one day, I called the dealership where I purchased the car to find out how to program the keyless entry. The feature that operates the keyless entry is called keyless access. This feature is not even available until you get to the Premium level.
    That's correct. It's only available on the top premium model and is referred to as Passive Entry in the book. There is a little square visible on the door handle for the SRx's that have this feature
  • bennett74bennett74 Member Posts: 2
    Can this feature be added on the luxury srx? I asked my dealership & they said no. After the salesperson gave me the wrong information, I'm not sure about their knowledge.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2010
    Posted somewhere that GMC is releasing 2011 Cadillac SRX as soon as June 2010. Can anyone confirm this release date? For 2011, GMC replaces Caribbean Blue with Mocha Steel and Black Ice.

Wish list for 2011:

1. Better glue for those chrome pieces under the side mirrors (so they are not falling off like the 2010 SRX)

2. Re-tune transmission and engine for better sync and better mileage.

3. Re-tune the Turbo V6 and 94 octane premium fuel so there would be no GMC's "mega blow up" :sick:

4. Driver's seat should wait until the SRX is started to return the seat to the normal set position. The seat move all the way back for "easy exit" then move back to memory position before driver re-enter the car . The reason for "easy exit and entry" is to make it easy to get in/out of the vehicle. Moving the seat forward before entering defeats the whole purpose the seat was moved back in the first place. :confuse:

Wishes that landed on GMC 's deaf ears and will be ignored:

5. Use the CTS 3.6 V6 instead of 3.0 V6 :cry:

6. Include a spare tire
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. The Cadillac 2011 SRX is scheduled to start production mid July of 2010. It usually takes 6-8 weeks before you will see them at the dealerships. Thank you,
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. The keyless access is only available on the 2010 SRX FWD Premium Collection, and the AWD Turbo Premium Collection and Premium Collection. I am not showing that they can add on this feature to other trim levels. Thank you,
    Hi, GMCUSTSVC. Thanks for responding to the questions of the members on this forum. I was wondering if you might be able to tell us what if any changes or improvements will be offered on the 2011 SRX, and any exterior color changes also.

Thanks
    Hello Maximafan,
    You're welcome! :) Right now we don't have any specifics on the 2011 SRX; we will have more information closer to the build out date that I gave you. If you want to talk with me again a little closer to that time frame I should have more information to give you. Thank you,
  • twinmom111twinmom111 Member Posts: 1
    Could you tell me if I am able to order a 2010 SRX or not?