Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for pcullen1. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00044 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Prestige are .00044 and 53%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • evesteeveste Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    From what I understand, the buy rate lease money factor is the starting point for those with top tier credit and anything above that value is dealer profit. On a BMW forum it was even stated that the BMW dealership is not allowed to increase the money factor more than 0.0004 above they buy rate. Is that true also for Audi? Based on my financials and FICO score (763), I should qualify for the top tier.

How should I expect the dealer to respond to my knowledge of these values? In very preliminary discussions with 2 local dealers within the past week, I have been quoted 6% (0.0025 MF) for a 2012 premium plus!! This is without running a credit history, but it's sure a long way away from 0.00044. So my specific question is, practically speaking, how do you walk into a dealership with these values and walk out with a good lease rate? Does the dealer acknowledge the validity of these numbers?

Thanks to all - esp car_man for literally years of posting this invaluable info.
  • diesel41diesel41 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Eveste - check out the money factor section at the following link -http://faircontracts.org/issues/automobiles-vehicle-leasing-contracts where it suggests that dealers can add up to 2.4% to the base lease rate...

Car_man - do residual values change with lease term? I got an S4 quote yesterday and was quoted .00092 lease rate and 55% residual for 39 months. I can see where 55% makes sense given 36 months is 57%. Regarding the lease rate, do you feel this 2x markup of the base lease rate is fair? This is 2.2% vs base of 1.05%. Thanks in advance!
    Yes, diesel41, generally speaking...the longer the term the lower a vehicle's residual value is. Two percentage points is typically the difference between 36 and 39 months for AFS. I personally wouldn't let the dealer mark up my money factor at all on an Audi, but I'm in an area that has a significant level of competition. People who are in areas that only have one or two dealers might now have that luxury,. but it's worth a shot.

Car_man
    Host
  • evesteeveste Member Posts: 2
    Thanks diesel41, that's great information. I would be interested to hear your final money factor when you close the deal.
  • hilfiger4youhilfiger4you Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2012 premium plus s4. I understand that the selling price, residual and money factor is what determines the payments. I have 3 questions.

1. If I want to lease an Audi with 25k miles a year. Would the residual be lowered, or would the residual percentage be fixed and I just prepay for miles? I heard from somewhere beyond 15k miles a year, the residual wouldn't change but you just end up prepaying for the additional miles at 10 cents a mile.

2. My friend leased an infiniti coupe at 25k miles a year and she told me the dealership used their own cars as trade-ins to save on taxes for her, the taxes saved was used to compensate for the 25k miles she needs. Is that legit? I never heard of dealerships doing something like that unless you have your own car as a trade in for tax saving. She even showed me the contract so I was surprised.

3. The Premium Plus S4 I am looking at stickers around 58,000. Assuming I was going to lease the car at 25k miles a year for a 36month lease, and the negotiated price is right around 56,000. and my credit score is 690. How much do you think is a reasonable down payment for my lease to be right around $600 per month? What would be a reasonable money factor for my credit score?

Thank you so much.
  • tperry1972usatperry1972usa Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Can you tell me the June buy rate MF and residual for both a 2013 S4 Prestige and Premium Plus, 10k miles per year, 36 month lease?

I was quoted .00191 for a 36 month lease and .00211 for a 39 month lease, I didn't get residual but would assume its around 55%.

Thanks,

Tperry1972usa
    Hi tperry1972usa. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00141 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the 2013 S4 Prestige is the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

If your credit is in good shape, it looks like the dealer is attempting to mark your vehicle's money factor up to pad your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • nicksemannickseman Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man.

If you have the opportunitiy could you tell me what the mf and residual % currently are on the Audi S4 2012 Premium Plus for 42 months / 10K ? I am looking at one but the numbers do not seem to add up properly. I see you answered a similar question above #207 - however I am guessing that the numbers would have changed for June. Thanks for your assistance.

Nick
  • dailym3dailym3 Member Posts: 4
    nickseman, The one dealer I've been working with recently gave me horrendous example rates on a 36 mo, 12k mi/yr lease for a Premium Plus S4. They really don't add up so I think they're trying to gouge us for looking at the 2013s early. I'll be visiting a different dealer tomorrow.

If the MF is 0.00191, residual 59% for 36k miles, that's not bad. At first visit to this dealer, he stated MF of 0.00262 but when I asked him about it again, he gives me the run around. His quote was in M3 territory which is insane.
  • throbthrob Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,
    Thanks for all your help on these forums!!!

I am looking at a 2013 S4:
    Cap cost : 55,284
    Residual : 31,398.30
    MF : .001610
    $2500 drive off incl 695 acq fee, licese, cap reduction ($467.19)
    Dealer is willing to do $769 inc tax here in CA
    This price includes Audicare. Term is 42 mos.

How is this deal?

Thanks!
  • eastsidewineastsidewin Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Hello. I'm looking to do a lease on a 2013 Audi S4 from NJ. Below are the terms offered by the dealer. He said I can do 9 security deposits to lower down the interests. I'm sure going to do that. Please advise to see if this is a good deal. Thanks so much! =)

msrp 53795
    price after bargain 50593
    42 months
    residual 56%
    money factor 0.00191
    15000 miles
    tax 8.875
    doc fee 299
    bank fee 695

monthly payment 619.38
    down payment 5000

Year 2013
    Audi S4

base price 45570
    destination charge 895
    sport differentialy 1163
    fine leather 1163
    b&0 791
    advanced key 511
  • u235u235 Member Posts: 1
    What lease rates are there for a 2012 (not 13) Prestige. I'm looking for 36 months and 10k miles (could do 39 or 42 months as well).

The car in question is being driven by the dealer manager and currently has 1600 miles on it. I'm wondering how to factor that into the purchase price. It's a loaded prestige 6MT with ADS, Nappa, sunshades, titanium package, so I think original sticker was around $64k.
    Greetings Nick. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00064 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome Throb. The money factor that you mentioned is spot on for a 42-month lease of this car. It's difficult for me to evaluate the cap cost though without knowing what this car's MSRP is. Do you have that figure?

Car_man
    Host
    Hello u235. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00064 and 52%.

In order for me to personally justify purchasing what is essentially a low mileage used vehicle aka demo over a brand new one I personally would have to receive a significant additional discount. Unfortunately, I have found that dealers never seem to be willing to discount demos enough for my taste.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me if this is a good deal?

Northern California Dealer:

2013 S4 Prestige (Auto)
    -Phantom Black Pearl Effect
    -Carbon Atlas Inlay
    -Fine Nappa Leather
    -Audi Quattro w/Sports Differential
    -19" 5-Segment Spoke Wheels

MSRP: $60,420.00
    Sale price: $58,000.00
    -Lease: 36 months
    -10,000 miles per-year
    -Money Factor: .00141
    -Residual: $33,060.00 - (57%)

Down Payment: $5,500.00
    -DMV Fees: $515.75
    -Doc Fee: $55.00
    -Monthly payment with tax: $745.17

Thanks,

Tperry1972usa
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car man,

Here is a revision to my last post, with corrected and additional info:

(Wanted to know if this is a good deal)

Northern California Dealer:

2013 S4 Prestige (Auto)
    -Phantom Black Pearl Effect
    -Carbon Atlas Inlay
    -Fine Nappa Leather
    -Audi Quattro w/Sports Differential
    -19" 5-Segment Spoke Wheels

MSRP: $60,420.00
    Sale price: $57,949.00
    Acquisition fee: $695

-Lease: 36 months
    -10,000 miles per-year
    -Money Factor: .00141
    -Residual: $34,439.40 - (57%)

-Reg Fees: $376.00
    -Title Fee: $98.00
    -Doc prep fee: $45.00
    -Cal tire: $8.75
    -DMV filing fee: $29.00
    -Tax: Doc Chargre: $3.26
    -Tax: Cap Red: $249.15

Drive-off cost: $1,563.44
    Cap cost reduction: $3,436.56

Monthly payment with tax: $754.28

Thanks,

Tperry1972usa
    edited July 2012
    Hello Tperry1972usa. Let me begin by saying that the money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with AFS' buy rate for it. That's always a good thing.

I don't know what this car's exact dealer invoice price is, but I suspect that the selling price that you were quoted is around $1,600 or so over invoice. That's not terrible, but there is some room to work with there. I suspect that this car is in fairly low supply so you may not have a lot of options, but you could always shop around if you want to. Again, this deal isn't bad...I just wouldn't be surprised if someone was able to beat it.

I see that you are considering making a $3,500 capitalized cost reduction on your lease. This doesn't really reflect upon the quality of the deal that you are getting, but I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it would be much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • kasher_khankasher_khan Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I custom ordered a 2013 S4 premium+ model at a NOVA dealership. The car is scheduled to arrive at dealer by the end of month. We negotiated for $500 over invoice. I am interested in leasing the vehicle. Can you please provide the Residual and MF for a 36month lease with 12k miles for month of July. Many Thanks.
    Hi kasher_khan. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

$500 over invoice is a great selling price for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the information Car_man. Truly appreciated. I had one more follow up question. Since my car is scheduled to arrive on the 30th of July (and there is always the chance for delay into August), I was wondering when new monthly rates for AFS take effect. I am afraid that if the August rates are worse I might lose the opportunity to lock in these rates. Thanks again.
    You're very welcome kasher_khan. Sorry for the delay in my response. Audi's July lease program is scheduled to run through September 4th, but companies have been known to make unscheduled changes to their programs from time to time.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man. My dealer said the same thing. Here are my final no.'s. Based on the info provided here, I think I did pretty good. Would you agree?

2013 S4
    Premium+
    MMI,Sports Diff, Adaptive Suspension,19",Bose, Adv Key, SS inlays,SC badges

Invoice 55,155
    +500 over
    Cap cost 56155
    ------------------------
    Fees
    accq fee 699
    processing 199
    registration 106
    electronic reg fee 20
    tires 4
    Total 1028
    ------------------------
    Audicare 800
    Residual 58+1=59% of MSRP 59755 = 35267

36 month 12k rate = 0.00141

Monthly Payment = 808.22 (-600 first month and no deposit = audi of summer)
  • 15ron7715ron77 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_man

Can you tell me the current AFS money factor and residual value for a 36 and 39-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Thanks!
  • bruins2013bruins2013 Member Posts: 2
    Hi car man...yeoman's effort on lease details. Summer of Audi event - for a prestige and platinum +, can you provide the August MF and residual amounts? Also, best place to find invoice for the options? Appreciate the intelligence.
  • bruins2013bruins2013 Member Posts: 2
    ...assuming 36 month leases with 10,000 and 12,000 miles?
    Hello Car_Man and all,

I previously posted:

Can you tell me the current AFS money factor and residual value for a 36 and 39-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Thanks!

Can you also include MF and Residual for a 42 month lease with 15k/mo

I apppreciate the help!
    Hey 15ron77. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00141 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_Man. I truly appreciate your help!
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    Car_man:

What would the money factor and residual be for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 p/y? Does Audi Care add 1% or 2% to the residual? Thank you.
  • jayhawkmdjayhawkmd Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Car_man, could you give me the MF and residual on a 2013 Prem Plus S4 on a 36 and 42 month lease with 10k miles/year? Thank you!
    I was quoted $1,000 over invoice for a factory order 2013 S4 Premium Plus, 36-month lease, 12K miles per year, Money factor .00141, Residual of 59% (with Audi Care). Audi Care is in addition to the negotiated sales price.

I saw a recent post reporting a negotiated sales price of $500 over invoice. Considering my locale of downstate New York, is $1,000 over invoice fair?

Has anyone has any success negotiating in other ways, such as a reduced acquisition fee, discounted Audi Care, etc.?

Thanks in advance.
    You're very welcome 15ron77.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go isles1. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The last time that I checked, Audi Care added 1% to vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2012
    Hi jayhawkmd. Please see my previous post for the 36-month information. The numbers for a 42 month / 12k lease would be .00141 and 56% (this is probably the best term to go with on this model right now).

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi isles1. I personally don't have a problem with $1,000 over invoice on an ordered S4. If you really shopped around you might be able to find a dealer that would be willing to beat that on a unit that they had in stock, but it might be a little more difficult to beat that on an ordered vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man:

Many thanks for the information and replies.

I have a test drive scheduled for the holiday weekend. If I fall in love with the S4, I have to sell my wife on the car (and the price) too. :sick:
  • suntintsuntint Member Posts: 1
    Apologies if this has been asked before but is a 48 month lease doable - I haven't seen anyone asking about longer than 42 months. 42 months is a little short for me and with a 48 month and 12,500 miles/yr the warranty period would just be covered.

How much would it likely lower the residual?
    You're very welcome, isles1. You're not kidding, while it certainly is a nice car the S4 is definitely pretty expensive.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi suntint. The reason why the longest leases that you have seen mentioned here are for 42-months is that this is the longest term that Audi's special lease money factors are available for. Theoretically one could lease an Audi for 48-months, but in order to do so you would have to use Audi's standard lease program and the money factor would increase somewhat. A 42-month lease or shorter would be a better deal.

As far as the difference in residual values, there's probably a 3% spread between 42- and 48-months on most Audis.

Car_man
    Host
    You're telling me!

Any word on the new numbers that came out on Sept. 5, 2012 for 36 month, 12K per year, S4 Premium Plus?

Just to make sure I am negotiating off the correct numbers: Using the Edmunds invoice calculator, I come up with an invoice of $48,814 for a Premium Plus, w/ Sport Differential, 19" wheels, in Monsoon Gray Metallic.

Again, I was quoted $1,000 over invoice. I am going to try to get the dealer to throw in the "Supercharged" badges because the "3.0 T" badges bother me ;) Apparently, the 3.0 T badges will be replaced with the Supercharged badges when the factory runs out of the 3.0 T badges.
    Also interested in the new numbers for a 42-month, 12K per year lease for the S4 Premium Plus. Thanks!
    Sure isles1. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • agershonagershon Member Posts: 3
    Is the money factor still .00141 for a 42-month lease this month?
    I think that the top tier money factor is now .00143 for this car in September.

Car_man
    Host
  • parnelljwparnelljw Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man. Wondering if you can help. I'm trying to buy a 2013 S4 Premium Plus - sticker at $56,570. Dealer is quoting me $54,136 (about $1500 over invoice as best I can guess). He's adding in Audi Care ($800ish) for a 42 month term (10K miles/yr) with $2k at signing. He's saying it's $759/mo. All my calc's are coming in around $650/mo. I believe he's using .00141 for MF and don't know Residual. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P
    Sorry to jump in here ....

You're coming in a touch low, but how can you even make calculations without knowing the residual?

I just leased an S4 and my numbers were similar so hopefully I can give some context. My cap cost was similar to yours but MSRP was $57900. Residual is 31845. Audi care, too. I put more down, $3300 (more on that later). My monthly is $723. Reverse engineering that, looks like MF is .00141.

Verbal deal was $2800 down which included $1000 "conquest cash". I confirmed the availability of this incentive twice with the dealer before coming in to sign papers. Once I'm in his office "oops!" that's only for MY 2012 S4's. After a standoff we agreed to split the diff and I paid $500 more down. Bummer, but oh well. I f***ing luv this car.

Good luck!
  • parnelljwparnelljw Member Posts: 4
    thanks agershon. I'm not worried about a few bucks here/there. I think I used 31800 (ish) for the residual. My point is why I'm SO far off from the dealer's numbers. $100/mo is approximately $3000+ on the price.

Glad to hear you love it - I'm excited to see if I can put this together.

Hope to hear from you car_man!

thanks
    Putting in your numbers, I get $782/mo. Taxes, registration and fees are almost 2k so you're essentially putting no money down. Be sure to include those in your calculations. Your residual (at 55%) is closer to 31100.

http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

This calculator is very accurate for me. When I enter numbers right from my lease contract I get my exact pymt of $723.

OK I'll shut up now, I know you're waiting to hear from car_man ;)
This discussion has been closed.