Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• parnelljwparnelljw Member Posts: 4
    Thanks agershon. Appreciate it. No state sales tax in NH - but registration is very high (probably $1000). I get $669 using that calculator.

Car_man...help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited September 2012
    Hi parnelljw. Using an MSRP of $56,570 and a capitalized cost of $54,936, I estimate that this car's 42-month, 10k, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $691. I used a money factor of .00143 and a residual value of 55% to arrive at this payment.

The dealer is likely adding sales tax to it. That would likely account for much of the difference between what I calculated and what you were quoted, but you still should probably have the dealer walk you through the numbers to find out exactly how they came up with the payment that they quoted you. Are they rolling any other fees into the cap cost?

EDIT: I just noticed that you're in a state that does not charge sales tax on vehicles, so there's definitely something wrong with the payment that the dealer quoted you. Make sure to have them explain to you why your car's payment is so much over $700 per month. They must be adding fees into the cap cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • parnelljwparnelljw Member Posts: 4
    thanks car_man. i knew the numbers simply weren't making sense. as such, i went elsewhere and found the same car for $75/mo less than I was being quoted. deal done. pick it up today! can't wait.
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    car_man

Would you mind posting the October residuals and money factors for 36, 39 and 42 month terms with 12K miles per year.

Looking to order my S4 this month if the interest rates are begining to trend downward as they did last winter. Thanks!
  • ctdwctdw Member Posts: 13
    Car_Man,

Would you have the residual and money factor for a S4 Prestige 24 and 30 month lease (15K miles per year)?

CTDW
    car_man:

I neglected to put Premium Plus...

"Would you mind posting the October residuals and money factors for 36, 39 and 42 month terms with 12K miles per year. "
    You're very welcome parnelljw. Wow, $75 per month is a big difference. Good job.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, isles1. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00143 and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00143 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ctdw. AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00123 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man!
    So this is the current offer I negotiated for the setup I plan to order:

MSRP of $53,400 and a sales price of $50,562 ($836 over invoice) for:

8K254Y - S4 Premium Plus with 7-speed S-Tronic
    P5P5 - Ice Silver Metallic
    Q4Q - Eight-way power S Sport seats...
    N7N - Leather
    SU - Black with Lunar Silver Alcantara
    PDU - Sport Differential
    PQ6 - 19" 5-segment wheels with summer tires
    9VK - B&O Sound System
    Supercharged Badges

$500 deposit to order car. $820 for Audi Care. $695 bank fee. No document fee; no dealer set up fee. Only first month payment and DMV fees due at signing; $500 deposit will be applied to what is due at signing.

If ordered in October 2012, I can take advantage of the October 2012 lease programs -or- the programs in effect when I take delivery, which ever is the better program.

I have all of the above in writing from the dealership.

Comments? Thoughts? Anything sound fishy? I think it sounds like a pretty solid deal.
    You're welcome isles1.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    These are the November 2012 numbers I was provided with. Perhaps Car_man can confirm.

2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12K miles per year:

36 months - MF .00105, Residual 56%
    39 months - MF .00125, Residual 54%
    42 months - MF .00125, Residual 52%

Audi Care adds 1% to the Residual %.
    Greetings isles1. I can confirm that those numbers are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Placed factory order, locking in Nov. programs as worse case scenario:

MSRP of $53,400 and a sales price of $50,562 ($836 over invoice) for:

8K254Y - S4 Premium Plus with 7-speed S-Tronic
    P5P5 - Ice Silver Metallic
    SU - Black with Lunar Silver Alcantara
    PDU - Sport Differential
    PQ6 - 19" 5-segment wheels with summer tires
    9VK - B&O Sound System
    Supercharged Badges

ETA is mid-February 2013. Hoping the programs get a bit better like last winter.

Thanks for all the help Car_man!
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    Hi Car_Man

Can you post MF and residuals for 36 month 15K/year leases for both the S4 prestige and S4 premium plus?

thank you!!
    You're very welcome isles1. Thanks for the update. That's a reasonable selling price on an ordered S4. Let us know what you think when it arrives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jddssc121. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the '13 S4 Prestige are .00105 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2012
    thank you sir!

*PS - those are horrible :) Think I'm back to 335 shopping!
  • ambisme56ambisme56 Member Posts: 1
    Did I get a good deal?

MSPR: $55,250
    36 Months
    10,000 miles
    Fees Rolled In: $2128

Monthly Payments: $658
    Need more info...

Premium Plus or Prestige? What was the sales price? Did you put any money down? Trade-in? What fees resulted in $2,128 being rolled into the payment? Sales tax in the payment? What was due at signing?
  • twinturbo07twinturbo07 Member Posts: 3
    What are the December-2012 buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus for 10K and 12K per month? Currently looking at .0014 and 53% quote on a 2013 over the wkend. Thanks.
  • antgonzantgonz Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone provide the December-2012 buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus for 10K and 12K miles per month?
    Same as November 2012:

MF: .00105
    Residual: 57% for 10K, 56% for 12K

As always, I defer to Car_man to confirm my information.
    Hello twinturbo07. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    I can antgonz. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • antgonzantgonz Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,
    I really appreciate all your help in all of the leases I have committed to in the past. Unfortunately I did not accept the final offer for my most recent deal I was presented at the end of December on a 2013 S4. I will post more information in the near future on the final offer I had on an S4 that took a couple of weeks worth of negotiating. I declined the offer because they were hiding fees and did not show the Audi loyalty bonus in the final numbers of the lease. In the end the dealer and I could not come to terms and their offers seemed to hide fees and gave me the impression that they were attempting to increase their profit unfairly on my behalf.
    I am a long time user of edmunds and really appreciate your assistance.

Antgonz
    Thanks for the update Antgonz. I'm sorry that the dealer was playing games with you. Let me know when you're in the market for something else and I'll be happy to help you out again.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man:

When the January numbers are released this week, would you mind posting the buy rate MF and residuals for 36 months / 12K miles and 42 months / 12K miles for 2013 S4 Premium Plus.

Thank you!
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    ant.....just a little tip (OK suggestion). Why not put your own spreadsheet together with all fees, payments, lease terms you want. Present it to the dealer and tell them you will make the deal on their car using your spreadsheet.

BTW....I've done that before on purchases, not leases. It works well. If they don't accept my terms, I move on to the next dealer.

In truth, you should let the dealer know the terms and pricing they have to hit to get your business.

Leases are more complex as there are bank fees, acquisition fees, disposition fees, mileage overage fees, etc that don't exist with a purchase. It can be a bit confusing if you're not used to negotiating a lease.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • dlajoiedlajoie Member Posts: 2
    Looking for Jan lease rate for 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 15K miles per year for 36 months - with Audi Care, which the dealer gave me for free. I custom ordered my car in Nov and it's supposed to arrive at the dealer in Feb. The lease rate in Nov is my ceiling, however if it goes down between when I placed the order and when I take delivery I will get the lower rate. Was wondering if the rate had changed since Nov?
    Lease programs in effect as of January 2013 through early April 2013 for 2013 S4 Premium Plus 36 months 15K is:

MF: .00068
    Residual: 53% (add 2% for 12K; add 3% for 10K)
    AudiCare adds 1%

Residuals seem low (down 3% from this time last year for MY2012)...perhaps I was given the residuals for Prestige. For that reason, I always defer to Car_man to confirm the numbers I obtain and post.
    I wouldn't mind at all isles1. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00088 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dlajoie. Audi Financial Services' January lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I believe that the addition of Audi Care boosts the car's residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dlajoiedlajoie Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, would you know if this would be the same rate as in Nov?
    November 2012 lease program for 36 months 15K was:

MF: .00105
    Residual: 54% (add 2% for 12K; 3% for 10K)
  • quattroringsquattrorings Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_man. I'm looking to get an S4 premium plus, 36 mo, 12k mi/yr, lease in April. Will rates fluctuate much by then? Also, what is considered top-tier credit? I'd like to see if there are things I can do to my credit to improve it by then. Thanks
  • hraphrap Member Posts: 1
    The original Audi S4, built from 1991 until 1994, was a performance-oriented version of Audi's 100 saloon/sedan.
  • newtoaudi3newtoaudi3 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    am I getting an good deal?
    msrp - 57050 premium plus with alcantara black, navi, advanced key, sports diff

with all taxes and audi care - 777 out the door, 15k 42 month, no money down?
    anyone have thoughts on alcantara vs napa leather?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    We have the Alcantara in our S4. Test drove the nappa leather model too.

It's really up to you. We find the Alcantara to be extremely durable. Of course, you never know until 5-6 years down the road. But, it sure does look and feel more durable.

Plus, the alcantara won't "crinkle" like the nappa leather will over time.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    What were you quoted for sales price, money factor and residual value? That's the only way to really know if the numbers are good. Any cap cost reductions/incentives?

Depending on your sales tax rate, the monthly payment seems pretty good. Sounds like you may have qualified for a $1,000 conquest cash incentive.
    53,400. MF .001365 and residual at 50 percent with the Audi Care factored in
    edited January 2013
    Current "buy rate" money factor for a 42 month term is .00088. Dealer is padding the money factor for profit or Audi Financial has raise it for reasons due to your credit.

The residual value is correct with AudiCare factored in.

Sales price seems okay based on MSRP of ~ 57K...but you should check the actual invoice here on Edmunds.com and aim for $500 over invoice (or less...start at or below invoice). That is not always possible depending on locale, but if this car is on the lot, you may have some leverage.

The payment you posted still seems low with that sales price and quoted MF, especially since sales tax in rolled into the payment. Are you sure that number is not based on money down? You need to get the MF lowered, then make sure dealer is not adding fees that you are expected to pay up front.
  • mchotdogmchotdog Member Posts: 2
    2013 Audi S4
    Estorial Blue Crystal Effect
    Black Interior
    Options:
    - Audi Damping Suspension
    - Audi Advanced Key
    - Carbon Fiber Trim
    - Bang & Olufsen Sound
    - Quattro Sport Rear Differential
    - Audi Navigation
    - 19 inch Wheel
    - All Weather Floor Mats & Trunk Liner
    - Wheel Locks

MSRP $59,570
    Internet Sale Price $55,955
    36 month lease 10k miles per year

Residual value $31,572.10
    Drive Off $3,500
    Monthly Payment $699 + tax a month
    edited January 2013
    Payment seems high with such a large drive off amount. What is being paid at signing besides first month payment?

What is the quoted money factor?

What fees are being charged in addition to the sales price?

Did you check invoice in the new car section of Edmunds.com? Shoot for a sales price about $500 above invoice for an in-stock car. So offer $1K under invoice and try to get AudiCare thrown in or discounted. Bumps residual value by 1%
  • mchotdogmchotdog Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    I just checked the invoice price, edmunds.com gave me: Invoice
    $57,466 with all those options.
    The price they offer is $55,950.
    I dont know their MF and Residual, but with the numbers you provided last page:
    MF: 0.00068
    Residual: 56% (since it's 10,000mi/y, $31334.8 compare to their $31,572.10 )
    DP: $3500

The lease calculator:
    Total Loan Amount $52,455
    Monthly Payment (tax included) $697
    Security Deposit $500

I guess 699 w/o tax is a little high... about $62 more a month...
    edited January 2013
    Invoice on an S4 with MSRP of $59700 is not $57466. Recheck the options that you are selecting. You'll have to approximate for the CF inlays, as Edmunds does not list them as an option.

$3500 due at signing is not the same as a 3500 down payment.
  • jauri7788jauri7788 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 S4 Prestige for 36 months with 10k miles a year. The MSRP is $62,270.

The dealer gave me these numbers:

Selling price - $60,365
    Title and registration - $221.65
    Money Factor - 0.00098
    Residual - 55% (10,000 miles)
    Wear and tear insurance and Audi Care - $1,679

$4696.88 of negative equity rolled into the payments.

$0 out of pocket.

The dealer is quoting $1113.00 per month including tax (PA). Does this look okay? Is the residual and mf look normal?

Thanks for your help!
    Selling price is too high, at least $1K too high. Look up invoice here on Edmunds.com. Shoot for sales price of $500 over invoice by offering $1K under invoice, especially if the car is on the lot.

Money factor should be .00068 for a 36 month term if you qualify for top tier credit. Residual is spot on with AudiCare.

IMHO, drop the wear and tear insurance. AudiCare MSRP is $880; at best, you'll get $50 off that price.

Not sure where the negative equity is coming from, but you may want sell that car privately, or push for a better trade in value. When you start throwing trades in the mix, you muddy the waters and it is harder to tell what kind of deal you are actually getting.

With all that said, that monthly payment is downright scary.
This discussion has been closed.