Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
Ask your Audi S4 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• s4ces4ce Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone have the August residuals and MF for the 2010 S4? Specifically an S-tronic Prestige Package with 15K mi/yr + Audi Care?

Thanks in advance!
  • rich30rich30 Member Posts: 5
    I am in need of the Audi MF and resid % values for:

New Audi 09, cab, Spec Ed.
    12,000 and also 15,000/y
    2 and also 3 year lease

Please advise soonest, trying to deal today.

I am a big fan of these blogs and of your help. I leased 3 Bimmers and 1 Toyota with your very important. Hope you are appreciated!
    Thanks
    Rich
  • rich30rich30 Member Posts: 5
    hI

Sorry, kyfdx, my request is not for a S4. Please post reply in A4 or S4. I will check both.

Tks
    Rich
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, s4ce. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • scrooge276scrooge276 Member Posts: 3
    I was just at one of the dealers this weekend and was quoted the following on a lease for a 2010 Audi S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles for 42 months:

MSRP $48,625 (only adds are for auto and inlays)
    SP $47,625 (the car has to be built so I thought $1000 off wasn't too bad)
    MF .00222
    Residual 52% (with Audi Care)

Monthly $770 (includes 6% CT sales tax)

Quoted putting $1500 into the deal which probably covers most of the fees

They say the 42 month term is the most attractive right now, although the money factor seems to be higher than what I just read from Car_man on the 36 month term. Perhaps because this is only a Prem Plus, not Prestige?
  • neil41487neil41487 Member Posts: 7
    Can I get info for November 2009:

2010 S4 Premium Plus
    36 Months
    15,000 Miles / Year
  • fg1853fg1853 Member Posts: 1
    S4 auto premium plus with navigation on the lot MSRP $52,100

After test drive, I was "casually" given lease numbers of what I had driven while I was requesting inventory availability of other colors, configurations, etc.

42mo lease; 10K miles/yr; approx $2500 due @ signing; Approx $870/mo

After intial protests without actual counter offers on my part, finally got some details:

MSRP down to $50,900 (from $52,100)
    Residual 0.55 ($28,655); Money factor 0.00164
    Total due @ signing $1604 (fees w/out down payment: 1st month, dealer fee,tag)
    10k miles/yr
    $819/mo (tax included)

Good deal? I am thinking of asking for them to take over the last month of my current lease ($628) and disposal fee ($350) and/or ask for additional $1000-500 off current offering price. Too much too little? Thanks in advance for thoughts.
    Neil41487, Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00144 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • neil41487neil41487 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks,

Does the MF change for 10k miles?

And whats the residual?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak to a recent buyer of a new Audi vehicle over the past year and get comments on why they chose their vehicle over a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, November 17, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

You're welcome neil41487. This car's money factor is exactly the same for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year, but its residual value is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    Hi All,

I am interested in leasing this vehicle. Here are the best figures I have been offered so far:

MSRP $48,600
    MF .00131
    Zero down

12k/yr 36 mo.
    $669/mo + tax

12k/yr 42 mo.
    $635/mo + tax

The monthly payments still seem pretty high for a car that has an MSRP under $50K. Does anyone know how good of a deal this is an how much more it can go down? Right now Porsche Cayman's with MSRP of close to $60K can be leased for $600/mo with zero down! I am considering waiting a month or two to see if the leasing terms will be more favorable.

Please feel free to share your inputs.
  • cruzeiro10cruzeiro10 Member Posts: 1
    Please quote me the monthly lease payment for a 2010 Audi S4 w/navi. Putting 5000k down, on a 12k miles/36month and/or 12k miles/48month. This is an urgent request.

Thanks.
    Hi cruzeiro10. I would be happy to use Audi's current lease program to work up a sample payment on the S4 that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at leeast its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • peekay1peekay1 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2010
    Car_man,

Do you have current information on the latest money factors, residual values for the S4?

I'm looking at 36 months, 15K yr.

Thanks.
    I certainly do, peekay1. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Audi S4 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 00098 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • izzy77izzy77 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    hey folks,
    I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've been looking at the s4 with premium plus package, B&O sound and nav, MSRP ~53k. I've noticed a varying residual for a 42 month lease, 12,000 mi among the local dealers, 50-52%. I'm getting quotes anywhere from 730 no OP expenses to, more commonly, 680-700 a month with 4200 TOP. This seems to be quite a difference, and those who ask the latter(and this is after 2h of haggling) they say its due to the "super specialty" nature of the vehicle. Do these numbers sound common or accurate?

Thanks!
    Izzy
  • speedgal2speedgal2 Member Posts: 2
    Do you happen to have the lease numbers for 2010 S4 prestige, 15k miles, 36 mo? Does audicare still up the residual value by 1? Thx!
  • speedgal2speedgal2 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when STasis will be avail for 2010 S4?
    I certainly do, speedgal2. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 49%, respectively.

I believe that the addition of AudiCare does still improve vehicles' residual values by 1%, but I haven't checked to make sure that is still the case in a while.

Car_man
    Host
  • kstrike155kstrike155 Member Posts: 20
    Here's what I'm looking at:

2010 S4 Premium Plus
    42 month lease w/ 15k per year
    AudiCare
    Sports rear differential
    Quartz Gray
    B&O Sound
    Carbon Fiber dash
    19" wheels
    Wheel lock kit

My trade:
    2007 A4 2.0T Sline w/ 46k on the odometer
    They are giving me $20,200, I owe $12,200 (supposedly only worth $18,500)

Down payment:
    Using $4k from the trade down towards the lease, getting $4k cash back
    $750 Audi loyalty
    First month's payment
    (so approximately $5350 down)

Total price: $629.28 per month after taxes

Thoughts?
    Brian
  • andysmdandysmd Member Posts: 2
    What is the purchase price, money factor and residual they are offering? Without this info hard to determine if deal is good or not.
  • kstrike155kstrike155 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2010
    I instead decided to do this:

$750 loyalty, plus $600 down
    $8000 cash back
    MF .00138 (could only get C tier credit w/ no money down)
    Residual 48%
    Sale price: $49224.21 (plus 625 acq. and 790 AudiCare)
    42 months/15k miles
    $743.99/month

I know the sale price is high, but they are giving me $1700 over normal trade value for my car. I saw their profit screen and they are losing around $700 on the sale when all is said and done. I'm sure they make it up elsewhere, and that the "normal" trade value is low. I signed the papers last night, though. I think it's a pretty good deal for no money down. Invoice on the vehicle is $47,890, MSRP is $50,630.

Brian
  • levesshlevessh Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man,

Could you post the money factor and residual for a 2010 S4 Premium Plus with 12K per year.

Thanks for your help.
    Here you go, levessh. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • scooter260scooter260 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, rookie leaser here. Can you tell me how I use the above cost of money data from Car_man? Thanks!
  • scooter260scooter260 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    I have one more question, too! Is it reasonable for me to believe I will be able to lease a new 2010 Premium Plus S4 for 12,000 miles/yr for no more than $650/mo with $0 down? I could lower the annual mileage to 10,000 if I needed to. I live in Minneapolis (55424).

As you might presume, I have never leased (or bought!) a car before. I do know I want to lease though.

Thanks!
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    No
    There's no need to apologize, scooter260. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • redsushiredsushi Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please post the current money factor and residual for a 2010 S4 Premium Plus @ 10K per year 36 months? Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out, redsushi.

Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00107 and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that's available on leases of it to current Audi, BMW, and Mercedes owners.

Car_man
    Host
  • alexbergeralexberger Member Posts: 1
    Help! I recently leased a 2010 S4 in March. After having terrible experiences with the dealership (car came not as promised, car was supposed to be fixed, dealership screwed up fixing it 6 times), the owner of the dealership gave me AudiCare to compensate. This is supposed to INCREASE my RESIDUAL from 51% to 52% (and therefore decreased lease payments), but after 4 weeks of phone calls with Audi Corporate, they're refusing to do this. Apparently they say they've called the dealership who won't rework my original contract to reflect that I have audi care, and without a reworked contract, I can't get the increased residual (and therefore decreased lease payments).

What do I do? Doesn't Audi Corporate and/or Audi Financial HAVE to honor this with lowered payments? Everyone says Audi Care is in the system as applied to my car, but no one will say my payments can be decreased!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    The dealership gave you the free service, but I doubt that will affect your lease contract..

Yes, if you purchase Audicare at lease inception, they write the lease with a one point higher residual... But, what the dealership does to compensate you for some other issue isn't binding on Audi Finance...

They are giving you free service.... that's great.. Doubt you'll get more from the bank, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kocsi1kocsi1 Member Posts: 11
    HEy Scooter, I'm in the MN area and wanted to touch base with you directly so we could compare notes! Your email isn't listed, not sure of a good way to contact each other though? Friend request?
  • aklugaklug Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man:

I've got a 2011 S4 ordered and am wondering if you have leasing info on it yet?

Its a prestige 36 month with 12,000 miles and will do audi care if it makes sense so let me know residual both ways if you could please. Thanks!
  • frank146frank146 Member Posts: 2
    car_man,

If you have a second would you mind posting the 2011 S4 lease rates.

many thanks
    Nice car, aklug. I have seen the program for the 2011 model.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00174 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I believe that Audi Care adds 1% to vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Frank. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • kstricker22kstricker22 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Hey all, thought I would share my experience from leasing an S4 tonight and maybe get some advice.

I have been looking at a 2011 Black MT6 Premium Plus S4 the last couple nights. The car has Nav, Limited Slip and that's about it. The MSRP was $53k I believe. It does not have the advanced keyless or upgraded stereo.

I got in around 6:30p, and talked to the sales manager about the car. I am returning a 335i lease return on 8/2 and am ready/need to buy a car. No trade, perfect credit, super easy deal. The sales manager gives me a quote of $640 per month w/5K down @ 42 mos. He said I was getting 6% off of MSRP due to my employer discount, but must show paystub to prove I work for Microsoft. I said fine and and took the car for a test drive.

I come back and decide to buy the car, the sales manager I chatted with has gone home and new sales manager is taking over. I am assured that he is aware of the deal that was discussed with previous sales manager.

I go back to finance..

1) They never asked to see a paystub, after stating several times prior- I needed to show it as proof
    2) Finance starts going over the paperwork and the payment is around $830ish and the cap cost is back at full MSRP. "oops" their mistake, sales manager comes in and tells finance to change msrp to $50k
    3) Payment now comes out to $720.69; I say that I was actually told $640+ tax for a total of $702
    4) She tells me, "he must not have calculated the "document service fee" of $150 or the $625 acquisition fee. "its normal that the price can change from what you were told by "sales".
    5) What the?
    6) Everyones obviously in a rush to get out of the office because its now 9:00pm, an hour after closing and everyone wants to go home
    7) I said fine, it's not a big deal, $15 a month and sign paperwork.
    8) Sales manager says if I am around this weekend he can "make it right"
    9) I am handed temp plate and walk out the door
    10) I stood in front of the new S4, which I really like and was kind of mad. Felt like I didnt get the deal I was told. maybe its just principle instead of the lousy $15 but, I wasn't happy.
    11) Got in my BMW and left the new car in the parking lot.
    12) Tomorrow not sure what I am going to tell the dealer, when we obviously talk and they wonder why the new S4 is still sitting at the front of the dealership

Does it seem like this is petty and I should be happy with the deal? I was told the residual is 55%, didnt take audi care or any other finance options. I do not know what the MF is. I did ask for and see the invoice it was $49,809 I believe.

Also realized driving home they forget to ask for me to write the check for the down.

Any comments are helpful and thanks for reading.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I wouldn't be happy with that, either...

Although, I'm not sure I would have waited till the dealership closed to decide not to take the car.. :surprise:

If you talk to your original guy, tell him what happened, and assuming you still want to do the deal, stipulate that it has to be exactly as agreed to...or no deal.

Or, just call them up and tell them you didn't like the changes to the price, the way you were treated, and you won't take the car.. Since you haven't given them any money, and didn't take the car off the lot, there isn't really anything they can do..

Good luck, and let us know... should be interesting..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• frank146frank146 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Thanks for providing the July numbers. Do you know if the August numbers changed?

Best,

Frank
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    if you haven't driven the car off the lot, you haven't taken delivery, no deal. I'm pretty sure they will eat the 15 bucks
  • mattndmattnd Member Posts: 3
    I too, would like to know the money factor and residual values for August. I am looking at an 2011 Prestige. Haven't decided on a 36 or 42 month lease yet. I am also doing the college grad lease program if it makes any difference.
  • carnuts3carnuts3 Member Posts: 8
    August lease rates for 2011 S4 Prem Plus:

For 36 mos - MF .00174; RV 56% (15K), 58% (12K), 59% (10K) add 1% to RV if you buy AudiCare ($790 + tx) which will be included in the lease price
  • mm91mm91 Member Posts: 12
    I want to lease the 2011 S4 but I have some questions.

Does anyone know if the dealerships are getting titanium pkg. S4's in yet? I saw the package and loved it and really want to get it but I haven't seen any on the lots in SoCal yet.

Anyone who has leased an S4 recently, especially a MY11, I would love to hear your experience.

I built the S4 online with all the options I want and the MSRP came out to be $54,750. I want a 36 mo. lease, 5k down, 12k miles per yr. I calculated the lease using the factors in the post above and it seemed good. Anyone who knows '11 S4 leases do you think it reasonable for me to believe that I could pay low to mid 600's per month?

How much off MSRP should I expect a dealer to give me?

-Thanks
    Hi Frank . I believe that the August lease program is fairly similar to the July program.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mattnd. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00194 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kfulbeckkfulbeck Member Posts: 3
    I leased a 2010 S4 this weekend at Rusnak Westlake (CA) -- Premium Plus, navigation and MMI, sports differential package, nappa leather upgrade, carbon fiber accents, 19" wheel package.

36 month, 10K/year. Paid $2000 drive off fee and got a monthly fee of $755 tax included. This includes Audi Care and excess wear & tear coverage ($690 & $650, respectively). Traded in my A3 which had a few months left on the lease and got the buyout fee for it so that was a wash. Overall experience was good. Seems there are quite a few 2010's left around so deals are around.

BTW, I went to Rusnak Pasadena first, walked into the Porsche showroom to use the restroom where a salesman looked me up and down and said their restroom was for clients. There went that sale.

The S4 is fantastic. Very happy with it. Much quieter than my A3.
  • kfulbeckkfulbeck Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help, Car_man. Knowing all the info helped me get a better deal.
    You're very welcome kfulbeck. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.