Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited June 2013
    Greetings klc3757. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The addition of Audi Care boosts the residual value by 1%.

The numbers for a lease of an A5 or S5 would be different. They vary by trim level as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • klc3757klc3757 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks car_man.

Didn't know there's a trim level difference but premium plus rate that you mentioned is the most common trim I've seen.
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    thank you, car_man!
    Still question about residual value-> 56% Is this number set by manufacture, if so than audi dealer not should be change/modify that number, correct? I just got an offer where it says 53% and they claimed thats it, nothing they can do?! :confuse:
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    edited June 2013
    The residual is set by Audi Financial Services and varies by trim level, lease term and mileage.

36/10K is 56% residual. What is the term and mileage and trim level (P+ or Prestige) for the lease you were quoted 53%? Does the quote include AudiCare (which bumps residual up by 1%)?
    here are the updated info:

MSRP $54565
    Sale price: $51800
    Taxes: 6.5%
    Residual: 56%
    MF: .00068

0 down/36 months/10k miles “sign and drive” $824 per month, all fees are in
    edited June 2013
    The payment seems high to me, but I can't run the numbers because you need to post what comprises "all fees are in". Were you given a credit for the Advanced Key which is standard on 2014 models? Your payment has gone up about $25 since you post on May 28, 2013, so all else equal, you are moving in the wrong direction.

I strongly suggest that you add AudiCare, which bumps the residual by 1%. So the $880 cost of AudiCare only adds ~$330 (plus interest) over the term of 36-months.

That sales price is only 5% off MSRP or right around $800 over invoice. Not sure what inventory is like in your area, but that's what I'd expect to pay for an ordered S4, not one on the lot.
    I have audi supplier eligibility with 6% off msrp (I'll make sure the nav/tech credit is applied before the supplier discount is applied) and the dealer is saying that's the best they can do. How true is that?
    edited June 2013
    I have no idea. Depends if you trust the dealer and/or believe the posts from other S4 buyers about getting larger discounts. Dealers that sell a larger volume of cars can often afford to give larger discounts because of incentives it receives from Audi. There are many that do not care for the 6% off MSRP supplier discount because they feel they can negotiate a better price without locking into that pricing program.

Often the best way to find out if the dealer can/will do better on price is to leave your contact info, tell them to call you if they can do better and walk away.
    Thanks for the advice isles1. Lets see if I can get something better than the 6%.
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for your reply isles1.
    Since Im getting a car out of state, new way to pay taxes in GA confusing the dealer thats why differances of monthly payments. Any way I went back to them and offered $49,565 + Audicare... according to dealer it is way below invoice and not going to happend
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    bear in mind, I was able to negotiate to 11.25% off 6 weeks ago on a 2013 Stronic S4, msrp 58625. You know that invoice is fiction right
    m4m which state/city are you in? Market there may be different.
    IMO, invoice is no more of a fiction than MSRP. They are both reference points for negotiation. Most people know the dealer does not pay invoice for the car.

The fuzzy math comes into play when dealers add fees on top of the negotiated sales price, and buyers/lessee report paying X below invoice/MSRP and neglect to mention Audi incentives and trade value that further reduced the capitalized cost. The price you paid is the negotiated sales price before any incentives or trade value. Otherwise it is comparing apples to oranges because not everyone qualifies for incentives or has trade value toward the purchase/lease.
    Im in Atl GA, but the car at the FL dealer - I was looking at local dealer’s inventory but they didn't have what I'm looking for.
  • govmentcheesegovmentcheese Member Posts: 12
    Be gentle i'm new to the forum and this is my first time leasing. Below is what i'm shooting for….

MSRP: $53620
    Sale price: $48300
    Taxes: 9%

I'm hoping to put zero down for a 36 month lease with 10k a year. Is this deal even close to doable or is it too aggressive.
  • dfd3dfd3 Member Posts: 57
    Hi car-man:

Asked about a month ago, but you didn't have the info yet. Anything yet on MF/residuals on 2014 models? Specifically looking at 2014 Prestige, 36 month 15K lease factors. I've placed the order and production should be around the 24th of June.

In addition, can you post the June '13 factors for the same scenerio?

Much appreciated!
    There is no pricing available for 2014 models. My suggestion would be to look at past posts in this forum that list the numbers you are looking for as they applied to S4s back in June and July of 2012. That should give you approximate numbers until the officials are released.
  • jdomasijdomasi Member Posts: 20
    I am in NJ thinking about leasing an S4. The person that I talked to said they are selling the 2013 S4s at invoice, but then add on the other chargers, like destination, doc fees, ext.

If I get them down to a selling price I want (assume invoice), the standard buy rate and residual %, what else is negotiable? Can I say I don’t want to pay destination or doc fees? One or the other? I understand the taxes are not negotiable as well. are "supplemental title fees"? Assignment fee?
    I posted this in the other s4 buying thread and thought I would post it here too...

I am in NJ thinking about leasing an S4. The person that I talked to said they are selling the 2013 S4s at invoice, but then add on the other chargers, like destination, doc fees, ext.

If I get them down to a selling price I want (assume invoice), the standard buy rate and residual %, what else is negotiable? Can I say I don’t want to pay destination or doc fees? One or the other? I understand the taxes are not negotiable as well. are "supplemental title fees"? Assignment fee?
    Destination fee is included in vehicle pricing (see window sticker). Should not be an additional fee (unless the vehicle is being shipped directly to you from out-of-state).

Title and registration (costs vary by state), sales tax, and Audi Financial Lease Acquisition Fee ($695) are non-negotiable.

Anything else, for example, doc fee, prep fee, dealer fee, are fees tacked on by dealer for additional profit. Refuse to pay.

Have dealer break down all fees, and provide to you negotiated sales price, residual and money factor. In the tri-state area, you have tons of options for Audi dealers. If the salesperson is less than transparent as to the figures that comprise the deal, walk away.
    Thank you! this is exactly what i was looking for (and i bet other people too). Yea, the first audi dealership person was terrible and would ignore my questions so I have contacted a few others.
    When you say the destination fee is included, do you mean after MSRP? for example, the s4 MSRP is 49,000, is the price included in that or is it in addition to that and non-negotiable?
    edited June 2013
    I do not believe that the base price of $49,000 for the P+ with DSG transmission reflects the Destination Fee. Audi website used to make this clear...I'd have to look at my window sticker. Regardless, Destination Fee of $895 is included in the final MSRP, and therefore included in invoice price. So you should not be paying an additional destination fee.

CONFIRMED: Edmunds Invoice and True Market Pricing Tool -- 2013 S4"
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. I got a breakdown and its the same as true car: 49,000 + destination fee.

Another quick question. I have heard people are getting a $550 credit for audi Advanced Key since the 2014 models come with it. The quote i got has the Nav+Tech credit as $1600 (which is right based on what I have seen other reputable forums online) however, should i request that i get the Navi credit only $1350 and $550 advance key separately ($300 diff)? Is that asking too much? Also the buy price is 6% under MSRP, should i fight for more given the month end, quarter end and 2014 models coming in aug?

To be specific, 49,000 + 550 advance key + 3050 Navi - tech credit + destination fee to get 51,895 down 6% to 48,835 buy price...still have a 299 doc fee i need to negotiate.
    You're welcome klc3757.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dfd3. Audi still hasn't published a lease program for the 2014 S4, but...I've heard that it is scheduled to do so sometime in mid-June.

Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I am not familiar with the Tech credit or how the Advanced Key credit does or does not overlap with the former.

Personally, I would have approached this by negotiating the sales price BEFORE the credits related to the standard options for the new model year. The source of the credits are from Audi, not the dealer; sort of like a conquest or loyalty incentive. So your negotiated sales price is not really 6% off MSRP.

As a matter of principal, I would not pay a document fee, regardless of the amount.

And are you sure you want an S4 without the Sport Differential option? You head over to the AudiZine.com forums for lots of threads about the Sport Diff / PDU option.
    Thank you, car_man. That residual is fairly low. I would hope that a 2014 model would have a higher residual, no? I also understand that the residuals are lower on the Prestige versus the Premium +, although I have no idea as to the logic of this. Just for kicks, what is the residual for Premium +?

Let us know if and when you get the 2014 model lease programs. Although the car will not arrive until sometime in September, Audi will allow lessees to "lock in" existing programs. Didn't know if everyone knew that or not!
    The new model years tends to start out with higher residuals paired with a higher money factor / interest rate. That usually translates to monthly payments that are higher than if you lease during the last 3 or 4 months of the model year.

A low residual is not necessarily a bad thing because, everything else equal (e.g. no accidents), at the end of the lease term, there is a better chance of having equity in the car based upon the cost of the end of term buyout figure (the residual value). Use the equity to make a profit on a private sale or trade it in and apply the equity to another lease/purchase.
    isles1:

Yes, I understand all of that. Been leasing cars for years and believe me, I know how to negotiate, calculate, and decipher an auto lease. The only difficulty I have is actually finding a reliable source for manufacturer's lease programs. Car-man has been awesome at that - I'm glad I found this forum.

I've ordered my 2014 S4 and I suspect it will be here at the dealer sometime in September. Audi, and BMW for that matter, will allow the lessee to lock in rates that are in effect when the car is ordered and then either elect to use those old rates and factors, or if they have improved, allow the lessee to use the rates/factors that are current at the month of delivery. I just like to stay informed on these rates/factors as I'm waiting for delivery. And, I may elect to purchase this 2014 as opposed to leasing it. Just helps to have all the information I can get my hands on prior to making the decision. :D
    Agreed!

car_man and this forum are a great resource.

Your SA should also be willing to keep you apprised of the 2014 programs as they are released. I suspect the numbers will be a bit better in September when you take delivery.

Best of luck and enjoy the S4. The waiting is the hardest part...I waited 4 months for my 2013, but the wait is completely worth it. The car is a well-refined beast yet flies under the radar.
    Getting close to sign on 36mo lease to get my first German car!
    New to lease as well, but I think I did good.
    Question: Anything in particular do I need to check on? Any fees they may sneak in like when time comes to return car?
    Waiting to get all my final numbers, but here is what I have:

MSRP $54,565
    Taxes (6.5%):
    0 down/36 months/10K: $728 a month (nothing upfront at signing. all fees are in.)
    Seems to be in the ballpark of what I'd expect for a monthly payment. Run all your numbers through a lease calculator to make sure it adds up.

There is a lease termination fee ($350 I think). Pretty sure it is waived if you buy the car at lease end or lease another Audi.
    thank you for prompt reply!
    Unfortunately it does not including Audicare, but Im getting manual, so beside oil change at 15k so may not be worth of fight to get it, but since Im getting car out of state, there is a $500 transport fee, so may ask dealer to cover...
    AudiCare is less of a value for a manual trans car versus the 7-speed trans. Just remember the 1% bump in residual value drops the actual cost of AudiCare to about $350 over the lease term. For a 10K per year lease, this still not make sense because of the service intervals. There is a thread over at Audizine or Audiworld that breaks down the cost of each scheduled service.

Make sure that the car will be transported (truck, flatbed) rather than driven to you.
    edited June 2013
    oh yes, it will be tranported
    do you recommend any particular lease calculator?
    You can reduce your money factor to as low as .00006 with multiple security deposits. Will save somewhere around $40 a month. You will have around 7k tied up for three years but it works out to about 9% annualized risk free return....and not to cause an argument, but no one should buy a 50k car if they don't have 7k in the bank.....just my .02
    edited June 2013
    This is NOT a lease I got, however, is very possible if you found a car without any options or ordered a 2014.

Net capitalized cost = 6% off MSRP from supplier discount (might be able to negotiate further) + $310 motor vehicle cost +$7.5 tire tax + 695 Bank Fee (assume negotiated zero doc fee)

1. Sticker Price of the car + options 48495.00 (base MSRP + 895 destination charge)
    2. Times the residual value percentage 56%
    3. Equals the residual value 27157.20
    4. Invoice price of car minus incentives (net capitalized cost) 46597.80
    5. Minus the residual (From line 3) -27157.20
    6. Equals the depreciation over 36 months 19440.60
    7. Depreciation (Line 6) divided by term in months 36.00
    8. Equals the monthly depreciation payment 540.02
    9. Net capitalized cost (From line 4) 46597.80
    10. Plus the residual (From line 3) 27157.20
    11. Equals 73755.00
    12. Times the money factor 0.00006 (.00078 - .00072 for MSD)
    13. Equals money factor payment portion 4.43
    14. Monthly depreciation payment (from line 8) 540.02
    15. Equals bottom-line monthly lease payment 544.44
    Monthly Payment - $582.55 (off by $2 or $3 because you would have to pay interest on the 7% tax you are bundling in)

if you got another $1000 off for audi's loyalty program, the monthly payment would go down to $553
    edited June 2013
    Multiple Security Deposits (MSD) if allowed in your state are a great way to save on the interest rate. That is a great point you brought up. There is, however, an Audi imposed cap on how much you can reduce the MF by; off the top of my head I forget what that cap is.

I would have opted for MSDs, but they are not allowed in New York State.
    Thank you guys for all your info!

I have asked sales person for extra pics of interior and notice mileage on odometer is 114 miles, – not happy about, I know, I know it is a lease but still…
    Yea, I found a post from 2011 that says .00006 is the lowest you can go. Might have changed...
  • alldayleoalldayleo Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking into pursuing a lease for either a 2013 or 2014 S4. But I don't want my monthly payments over $400. How much of a down payment I would have to place, in order for me to get a # like that. Please and thank you.
    I'm looking into pursuing a lease for either a 2013 or 2014 S4. But I don't want my monthly payments over $400. How much of a down payment I would have to place, in order for me to get a # like that. Please and thank you.
  • mbl_carguymbl_carguy Member Posts: 11
    A friend of mine just leased an S4. Depends where you are, but to get your payment that low, you'd need at least $7,000 down. They have a deal now where it's about $479/month + taxes and fees with $4,200 out of pocket, but that's just with the dual clutch trans and 19 inch wheels.
    Around $7,000? Maybe some negotiating with the dealership. Down payment may even drop a bit. No? Because if I can't get a deal on the S4, I'm going to go with all new infiniti Q50. Much cheaper.
  • edwawill5edwawill5 Member Posts: 37
    Carman:

You have helped in the past and I need some clarification if you can provide:

Has Audi published the lease factor and residuals for a 2014 Audi S4?

I'm currently dealing with a dealer for a 39 month lease, 15,000 miles, with a sales price of $58,145.00, MSRP $59,025.00 and a lease factor of .00212 and a residual of 52%.

Also, I'm a BMW owner and I wanted to know if they have any incentives to lure BMW or other luxury brand owners over as they did forselect 2013 models?
  • edwawill5edwawill5 Member Posts: 37
    Carman..I forgot to add that it is 2014 Audi S4 Premium Prestige and they have change the lease factor to .00177 now...

You have helped in the past and I need some clarification if you can provide:

Has Audi published the lease factor and residuals for a 2014 Audi S4?

I'm currently dealing with a dealer for a 39 month lease, 15,000 miles, with a sales price of $58,145.00, MSRP $59,025.00 and a lease factor of .00212 and a residual of 52%.

Also, I'm a BMW owner and I wanted to know if they have any incentives to lure BMW or other luxury brand owners over as they did forselect 2013 models?
  • bruins4bruins4 Member Posts: 4
    Carman . . . can you give me some advice on this . . . I am looking at a 2013 S4 Premium Plus, Moonlight Blue, Black/Silver Leather, automatic, Nav, Bang & Oluf sound, Keyless entry/start, total MSRP: $56,420. I asked for price to buy and some lease options. Buy price: $51,420. Some lease options: All pymts on 36/mo, 10k miles/yr. O down: $747, $1,225 down, $708, $3,500 down, $642. same buyout for all 3 scenarios of $31,595. My plan is to keep this car long term, so I either buy it, or lease and plan to buy out at lease end. I drove the car the other day, and really loved the engine and feel of the car. Not crazy about the steering, but I'm not sure there's a competing car out there for me to choose. I am not a fan of the BMW 335. I can live with the steering because I LOVE the engine, and the car itself. Love the moonlight blue. would prefer straight black interior, but don't mind the black/silver. thoughts on the sale price? lease price quotes? residual? Anyone with any advice . . . please let me know, and if you already own an S4, let me know what you like or don't like, and if there is a competing car that I am not thinking of. Thanks everyone!
    edited July 2013
    So I finally got my 2013 s4...here is an update to my previous posts.

MSD only reduce the money factor by .0005 each, not .0008 and you can do up to 9 (they even showed me Audi's 2013 policy)

(39m/10k) I forget the exact numbers, but MSRP was 53,995 (black on black, navi, sports diff, B&O). Payment with all fees and taxes included (true zero down lease), $647 a month. Its actually a little less given that the first month is free, so without a calculator handy, its (647*35)/36...also got free red media cable and supercharger badges.

Positives - free stuff and the salesman has been very responsive. I Believe I did the best I could with negotiations given the fact that there was no other car in the entire eastern region with the options I wanted (well, at least without the options I didn't want to pay for). Salesman reduced buy price and increased doc fees, ext. - effectively lowering my buy out price at the end.

Negatives - Totally forgot about the $350 fee if I decide not to lease a new Audi - really stupid of me, I know I could have negotiated that down. Car had a check engine light on 3 days after I got it and a locking issue. Dealership is 40 mins away. Tried to negotiate free oil changes but it didn't work.

As is relates to the 2014 s4, I cant remember what I was quoted exactly, but residual is a little higher (I think around 58) but money factor something like .0141 or .0121. (36m/10k). Given the mentioned numbers, I remember comparing the 2013 to the 2014 and calculated a roughly $65 difference for the same car.
This discussion has been closed.