Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• milazzo1milazzo1 Member Posts: 8
    Hey Car man can you give me thoughts on this lease offer.
    2011 S4 Prem Plus Nav. B&O,Sports Rear Diff, 19" Titanium Sports Pkg., Supercharged badge, wheel locks. MSRP$54,630,Invoice$51,332 Offer $52,830.
    42mos. 15K Taxes(8.625%) and Audicare paid upfront. Lease rate.00194, Residual 53% w/Audicare. $727 per mos.
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi milazzo1. $1,500 over dealer invoice isn't bad. If you have the time and you are so inclined, you might be able to beat this offer by shopping around at a few other dealers, but again this price isn't unreasonable...especially considering that the dealer is using your car's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks Car man. Just want to make sure the numbers were right for the monthly. I've shopped it and most places were right around there. The ones that were cheaper on price were more expensive on dealer doc fees. I felt comfortable with this deal, I just wanted to make sure that the monthly was inline with the figures I gave you. Thanks again youve been a great help.
    You're very welcome, milazzo1. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • bubulakebubulake Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2010
    I was actualy looking to lease an S4 white for 36mo with all the options in premium plus or whatever thats called.but they whay it looks on paper and from your experience mo. payments will be around 700 /750+ .
    Trying to get European delivery , me and my wife originaly from Europe and we wike to travel a lot so that will be another reason.
    When i checked forums about european deliveries , this one has been very enlighting ,
    [http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/810458/?start=100]
    i wonder how come leasing a bmw (witch i dont personaly like you can see one very street corner)335i for around 400 max $500/mo with european delivery its almost half the price of leasing an S4 witch MSRP is cheaper than the bimmer
    . I guess residual value has something to do with? :mad: :cry:
    Not im not so sure if i should spend that much money montly or just go for another german car but with a better ED program and save some $$ in process.
    I test drive the s4 yesterday and the car is outathisworld!
  • req68027req68027 Member Posts: 4
    Hi there. My husband works for microsoft and I have a 2011 S4 on order as we speak. How did you find out about the microsoft discount? Is it at all Audi dealers or just yours?
    Thanks so much in advance!
  • aiki_daiki_d Member Posts: 2
    I am in the process of getting an S4 Prestige, Rear Dif, Carbon, Side Assist, Red/Back from Barrier. When I mentioned the MS discount the sales person told me this only applied to purchases and not leases. The discount is listed on the Prime web site as Retail - 6%. I won't be negotiating price until the car shows up in a few weeks ( on the way ).

The full retail is 58,400. They quoted me a lease of $975 + tax/mo without looking at my credit while I was there. I don't know the lease rate they used but the residual was 32.5k, 12k/mo. After doing some research I think I should be able to get this down to ~850 - 900 ( including tax ).

Does anyone have the lease rates for Sep?

We own a mercedes ( from barrier as well ). I saw another post that there was a $750 cash back for audi/porsche/merc owners. Is that still in effect, and offered by Audi?
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2010
    No way you can lease a 335i for less than $500 unless with a huge down payment. Although the S4 lease deal above your post did seem very expensive for the MSRP and the $15k down. I heard great reviews about the S4 against the 335i, but not at these numbers.

A4 2.0T on the other hand was a little lacking in drivetrain refinement compared to the base 328i, but A4 is a much better looking car :)
    The post above bubulake was not MSRP and it's 15K miles not $15k down. Just want to clarify.
  • mm91mm91 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have the September lease factors for the 2011 S4, Premium Plus, 12k, 36 months.

Thanks in advance!
  • abudoggieabudoggie Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Carman...

I'm looking at a 2011 S4 PremPlus with Nav, Sport diff, B&O sound, 19" wheel pkg msrp $55,250.

I'd like to know the September 15K mile lease factors for 36 and 42 months.

Thank you.
    Hello aiki_d. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Prestige Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 54%, respectively.

I am not aware of any conquest cash for current owners of competitive models on the S4 right now. Perhaps this was a direct mail piece that someone received. Automakers send out this sort of offer directly to consumers all the time.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go mm91.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Premium Plus Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings abudoggie.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00188 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • aiki_daiki_d Member Posts: 2
    Interesting. I did get the car, but I ended up not leasing. The lease base he quoted me was 48% and he said that was set by Audi. I got a loan for 3.75%/60mo which I am happy with. The payments are a bit more ($60) than the lease quote they gave me. But the residual is 4k less so by my math that works in my favor :). He gave me 3% off the retail price of the car. Not great, not bad. He did say that Prestige versions were rare, and my searches online seemed to prove that out.

Thanks for getting back to me with the numbers. I wonder why my dealership quoted such a low residual.

~derek
    So I am about to lease a MY11 S4 and had a question on Audi's invoice pricing. I am working with a car broker (family friend) so he doesn't have a piece of paper with the actually invoice on it. He is telling me that the S4 doesn't have a whole lot of mark up between invoice and MSRP and the car I want is MSRP $55,825 and the invoice price is ONLY $53,000. Does this seem right? I looked on yahoo cars and it said invoice should be $51,000 and change. Is he trying to pull a fast one or is this accurate?

-Thanks
    Hi mm91. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of this car right here at Edmunds.com over in the New Vehicle Pricing section.

Car_man
    Host
  • kkdinlakkdinla Member Posts: 3
    Great forum. Very helpful.

I'm looking at a 2011 S4 Prestige Automatic with the following options:
    Nappa Silk Leather, Side Assist, Titanium Package, Stainless Steel Inlays, Aluminum Optic Kit, Sport Rear Differential

MSRP = $59525, Invoice = $55423
    Negotiated Price = $56423

The lease I'm being offered is 42 month, 12K miles, $875 including CA tax/month with no cap cost reduction. That is a residual of 50% and Money Factor of 0.00203.

I was ready to do the deal until I saw on this forum that perhaps the residual is too low and the MF too high.

Please help!

Thanks.
  • daman92daman92 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Here is the complete list of all lease rates for the A4/S4 line up.

2010 Audi S4

2010 Audi S4 Premium Plus Sedan.
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 60% | .00187 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 53% | .00187 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 46% | .00270 base money factor

2010 Audi S4 Prestige Sedan.

24-month | 15k miles | residual 57% | .00187 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 50% | .00187 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 43% | .00270 base money factor
    :surprise:
    I am leasing a 2011 S4 premium plus 12k/yr, 36 mos. Its an stronic brilliant black with black nappa leather, rear sports differential, nav, B&O stereo, carbon atlas inlays, and 19" rims. MSRP $55,980. $5,700 drive off. 735/mo. Includes Ca tax, registration, first month's payment, and everything else. Residual is 58% and money factor is .00168 Is this a decent deal?
    I'm glad that you like this forum so much, kkdinla. $1,000 over dealer invoice seems like a reasonable selling price for this car to me.

The money factor that you were quoted is slightly high though. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 42 month lease of a 2011 S4 Prestige is only .00188 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers. If your credit is in good shape, try to get the dealer to use this factor to calculate your payment.

The residual value looks about right.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mm91. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Audi's current buy rate for this model. That's a good thing.

You never mentioned this car's selling price though. This is a very important number to know when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you were given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • rkdiddyrkdiddy Member Posts: 45
    I was looking at an S4, ready to make a purchase and was examining the additional 'fees' added to the invoice side (missing from the MSRP side).

- Destination Fee - $875
    - LA DAG - $446.40
    - SCADA2 Audi DAA - $270.53
    - Prep and Inspection - $195

Invoice was stated at $52,105 and MSRP at $54,980

Then,

- Bank Fee - $695
    - License Fees - $707.75
    - Other Fee - $45

Does this seem right? I'm hoping to find out soon so I can move on a purchase/dealer selection.

Cheers!
  • req68027req68027 Member Posts: 4
    This does not seem right to me. I just purchased a 2011 S4 last Thursday. The only fees I had besides the actual vehicle were a destination fee of $875 and a "doc fee" from the dealership of $199. The rest of the cost was pure MSRP sticker for the car. I think the "license fee" might be that in your state maybe the dealer is required to collect that for the state? Other than that, I have no idea what those other fees might be. The "prep and inspection fee" is probably them taking the wrapping off the car and doing the checklist inspection of the car to make sure nothing was damaged in shipping, but my dealer did not charge me anything for that. It sounds to me like your dealership might be tacking on some fees to increase their profit margin! Hope that helps. If you need, I can send you my exact numbers...just let me know.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. The dealer advertised how they would show you the invoice and give you a deal of X over invoice. I did a lot of homework before going in so I wasn't getting why my invoice price was $1000 less than their stated invoice. Upon further inspection, it appears to be these random fees. Ugh!
    Hi rkdiddy. The license fee that the dealer mentioned is likely charged by your state and has nothing to do with them. The same goes for the bank fee. Audi Financial Services charges a $695 bank fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this fee at lease signing or have it rolled into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment, but it cannot be waived.

Car_man
    Host
  • zarusszaruss Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I'm looking to possibly lease an S4. Based on the numbers I've worked out with the dealer- they look very attractive. I'll be putting 4-5K down to ease the monthly payment. I have not had my credit ran by Audi Financial yet, but last time I checked (few weeks ago) I was in the Mid 700's. I recently graduated college and qualify for Audi's Grad program so I may use that. I wonder if that program is to be less restrictive when approving leases loans?

Question:
    Hypothetically thinking, if I do not qualify for their top tier of credit, what sort of money factor would I be looking at. Are we talking $5-15/ month (based on a $540/monthly payment) or something like $30-50 more per month. I really don't want a co signer, so would just more money down help anything. Is there a chance they can deny me all together?

How much can money factor change, based on credit?
    Hi Zaruss: The S4 is an amazing car. I actually just picked mine up on Sunday. I couldn't be happier.

Since I did a lot of research prior to purchasing (including lease options), I thought I would help provide some information for you.

I actually didn't find the lease rates very attractive compared to Audi's competitors.

Example (October's rates):
    For a 3-year lease @ 12k miles the residual is 58%. If you look at the 335i, the residual is 61%, on a $55k car for 36-months that is roughly $50 extra a month.

I would also caution you there is a 4% penalty on the residual for lease the Prestige package over the Premium plus (roughly $100/month).

The last 'pearl of wisdom' I have - many will agree, for numerous reasons, you should never put money down on a lease. On the S4, the minimum down was roughly $1600 (first month's payment and license) - some dealers tried to lump the dealers fee on top of that. Trust me I know, a large monthly payment isn't very appealing, especially when you have cash to put down on the car. You would be much better off, finding out there multiple security deposits (MSD) program. Basically you put your money towards security deposits that 'buy down' your Money Factor (lease interest rate) - you are then returned this money at the end of your lease.

When I went in last weekend, my intention was to do the 36-month lease on a 2011 Premium Plus. They ended up having the exact car I wanted as a 2010, that they were eager to get rid of. With 1.9% financing for 60 months and a significant discount under invoice, it made sense to purchase over leasing.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

R :shades:
  • don482don482 Member Posts: 4
    At a Audi dealer today I was given a quote on a 36 month lease for an S4 with about $2,500 down. My price was about $52,000 with monthly payments about $780 a month with one month free. He said that Audi currently wasn't giving the best lease deals. He indicated that a BMW 335XI with the same list price would cost about $200 a month less. Does this sound right?
  • don482don482 Member Posts: 4
    In regard to the previous post i wish to clarify that the cash due on signing was for the first month's lease payment and for license fees etc. and the amoumt is 2,100 not 2,500.
    Hey Car Man, what is the money factor for 2011 S4 Premium Plus 15k miles 42 mos. Thanks.
    Hey milazzo1. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man, Thanks. I ordered this in August, MF.00194 residual w/Audicare 53%. I pick it up in about a week. What savings should I see if they go by Novembers lease rate and residual. MSRP $54,630, selling price $52,830.
    Thanks
  • drgumsdrgums Member Posts: 51
    Is this a good deal?

42 months
    15K miles per year
    2011 S4
    premium plus, Navig, B&O

$680 per month .. I pay taxes upfront+ MV+Fees
    waived security deposit, 1st month credited towards next months bill cycle

I don't have exact selling price, but it is certainly above invoice and below MSRP of 52K

Form what I am hearing , at lease end with these cars, it pays to but them and either certify them or sell them for a small profit.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Any thoughts on whether the increased price is worth it?

Here is what I'm deciding between:

Loaded S4 Prestige
    $59,525 MSRP
    $56,653 Selling Price ($1,000 over invoice)
    Residual 51% with audi care and 12K
    0.0019 Money factor
    $1,597 Drive off
    42 months $874 including CA tax

vs.

Minimal optioned S4 Premium Plus
    $54,950 MSRP
    $53,077.78 Selling price ($1,000 over invoice)
    Residual 55% with audi care and 12K
    0.0019 money factor
    $1,597 drive off
    42 months $772 including CA tax
    I would get the MSRP, true selling price, money factor and residual value. Also, make sure that all fees are spelled out. Without this info, you can't judge what kind of deal you're getting. Even with this info, it's tough...

As others have mentioned, I wouldn't pay any cap cost reduction and paying tax "up front" is essentially cap cost reduction.
  • dan234dan234 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    This is so helpful. I'm also really excited about getting an S4. I'm in CA (Bay Area). I was able to negotiate $750 over Invoice. HOWEVER, I see they have added $450 in Port and Dealer Ad Group (DAG) fees. This is in addition to the Destination Charge ($875), DMV ($633) and "Doc Fees" ($55). Is this standard? Or is this just a way for the dealer to get more out of the deal?
    Hi milazzo1. Using the numbers that were available at the time that you placed your order, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $822.

Using AFS' November numbers for this car, .00170 / 51%, I come up with a payment of around $831.

The month factor is slightly better right now, but this is more than offset by the 2% drop in this car's residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car man
  • leijleij Member Posts: 2
    Calculated this roughly.. (I have 6% off MSRP with the Audi Supplier Program), was given these MF and Residual Numbers for a 12k/yr Lease 36mo at the dealer today. I'm weighin this with a A4 (I posted it earlier), and IS350 actually.. so many decisions to consider!!

2011 Audi S4 (57% Residual, .00154 MF)

Capitalized Cost:$48979.50
    52050.00 MSRP minus discount
    Lease Price:$47479.50 minus $ 1500.00 down payment
    Residual Value:$27918.32
    after 36 months
    Depreciation Fee:$543.37
    part of lease payment
    Lease Fee:$116.11 part of lease payment
    Monthly Payment:$659.48 without tax
    Usage Tax:$57.708.75 % of 19561.19
    Total Monthly Payment:$717.18 - What you pay
    You're very welcome, milazzo1.

Car_man
    Host
  • beldeenbeldeen Member Posts: 1
    Not sure how many details you need. but can someone figure out the money factor from this information? Also looking for any information on your opinion on the deal.

2011 S4 Premium Plus, Nav, B & O, 19" wheel w/Titanium Package

$52,725 Purchase price

36 months/ 10k miles a year /$723 a month/ 5k down, covers all tax title and license
    42 months/10k miles a year /$694 a month/5k down covers all tax title and license

58% residual value
  • first_audifirst_audi Member Posts: 2
    Hi All, I ordered an S4 2 months ago and put a deposit but feel like I am paying a lot so wanted to confirm here.
    The car is Prestige, auto, drive select, Titanium package, rear airbags, adaptive cruise.

msrp $63,450
    my price $62,000

MF is 0.0015
    Residual 54%

My monthly is $940 with Audicare (36 months, 12K miles?). However, I also have a down payment of $4600. Does this sound right? Appreciate any input.
  • first_audifirst_audi Member Posts: 2
    Hi car man, hope you or others can chime in here. I was told car wil be delivered soon. I am in manhatthan New York. punching the numbers into a lease calculator puts me at even higher monthly so maybe the price is ok after all?
  • importkingimportking Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    2011 S4 Premium Plus, Deep Sea Blue, Manual, sports diff, nav and back-up camera, and some other goodies bringing the MSRP to over 52k.

42 months, 15k a year
    $948 down
    with Audi Care
    $732 a month
    in New jersey

I wanted a true sign and drive but at the end of the day the numbers seemed good so I pulled the trigger. Thoughts?
    Hi first_audi. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 50%, respectively. This residual value is 1% higher on vehicles that are equipped with Audi Care.

The program that you were quoted previously is better than this, so if the dealer locked it in try to use it.

You aren't being given a huge discount off of MSRP, but A) this is a low volume vehicle and B) you ordered it so this may be as good as it gets.

Car_man
    Host
  • jca551jca551 Member Posts: 2
    I recently went in to test drive an S4. It is black with the sport diff and 19" wheels. MSRP is 50,305.

Just to start off we ran the lease numbers off of the MSRP with a 57% resid and a MF of .00185. With 1k down the monthly payments come to 884/mo for a 10k mile/36 mo lease. At this point I was just trying to get a general feel for the payments and didn't negotiate at all (I just started looking).

The dealer said that Audi no longer does multiple security deposits like BMW does, is this true? I thought I had read online somewhere that they were doing them. Also do the MF and residual sound reasonable. This is my first lease, I've always bought cars outright and I'd appreciate any help.
    Hi jca551. The money factor that you were quoted looks slightly high to me. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' January buy rate for the 2011 S4 Sedan is .00145 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • redsoxcaneredsoxcane Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a S4 titianium package Premium Plus with the Bang audio. Here is my quote:

MSRP 49,875
    Selling price 48,875
    Money factor: .00215
    Residual: 53%

$1000 due on delivery
    12,000 miles/42 months

$735 plus tax

Thoughts? Money factor seems high, residual seems low. Will they throw in Audi Care.
  • dang81dang81 Member Posts: 13
    very high lease numbers.

MF should be .00145 for tier 1 credit. If you have tier 2 credit you are looking at .002 or higher, which is where you are at. This can increase the lease by 70 or so per month so check to make sure what MF is based on. If you are Tier 1 and they are increasing your MF by that much, get another quote.

I was just quoted S4 titanium, nav, B&O, rear differential with the following:

Money Factor: .00165
    Residual: 54%

690 per month - 3500 total out of pocket. 42 months. 12k miles.

This is a very good deal.
This discussion has been closed.