Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mysterious eletrical problem in 2000 Toyota Sienna

zombieraptorzombieraptor Member Posts: 2
I was getting in my van to go run an emergency errand, and as I approached the van I heard a strange, repetitive clicking sound that I had never heard before. I didn't know what to think of it and as I have other problems and didn't want another, I decided to ignore it. As I got into the van, I noticed that the dash lights and the lights on the door panels were flashing and blinking in rhythm with the clicking. They were also far dimmer than they should be, the lights. I tried cranking it, and of course, it did not turn over. I popped the hood and tried to find the mysterious metronome. It seemed to come from my electrical box-thing. I opened it, and the clicking seemed to be coming from one reddish-brown cube in the circuit box. I messed around with it a little, and when nothing came of it, I got back into the vehicle and tried messing with stuff to try and get to the bottom of it. I turned off the electrical door; nothing happened. I kept turning knobs and pushing buttons; nothing happened. Then I put my foot on the brake. The clicking stopped. The lights were steady. I took my foot off of the brake, and it started again, the clicking, the blinking. My brother was driving it earlier and said then that the brake pedal didn't feel right. So I am very confused. Is it an electrical issue or a brake issue? Both? Something on the battery? I have no idea, and if I don't get a running vehicle by midnight I will be in some deep trouble, as the emergency errand I need to run requires a vehicle. Please, help me out if you can. Any suggestion is welcomed.

Comments

• zombieraptorzombieraptor Member Posts: 2
    Nevermind, it was a battery issue. Not that this forum gives a damn.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You gave us a couple of hours to respond, gimme a break! :P
  • xcentrickxcentrick Member Posts: 16
    I have a similar problem. All of a sudden my remote wouldn't activate the doors locks. So, I checked my new battery, it checked out as good. Then, I removed and cleaned both terminals and cable connectors. After reconnecting the battery, I tried to start the van and it started immediately. Now, all electrical assessories work EXCEPT the door locks and rear sliding door on passenger side. When I try to activate the door locks internally I hear a clicking sound. Also, the courtesy lights are flickering very dimly. When I tried to manually lock the doors, a continuous clicking sound was heard.

I would appreciate any help.
    I fixed mine. I replaced the Integrated Circuit Relay with Door Control, P/N 82641-08020.. Part costs $200 @ dealer only. It took me about 4 hours to put it in. Don't try this unless you have infinite patience, an advanced set of tools and skills with auto electrical. You have to disconnect the battery, remove the two dash panels under the steering wheel, the driver seat and the driver's running panel and the kick panel. Then, you have to completely disconnect most of the connectors to the fuse box so you can drop it down. Once the fuse box is down remove the old unit which is mounted on top of the fuse box and mount the new one. This is one of the more challenging ones I've tackled because of the tight space you're working in and compactness of the wiring.
    rr
  • rcintronrcintron Member Posts: 1
    I need to know where could I buy the Integration Relay for a 2000 Sienna.
    I purchased my integrated relay from the local Toyota dealer.
    rr
  • whileywhiley Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting an obd code p1150 and eventual {p1155pd pending?} from what I have read this refers to a oxygen-sensor bank 2 sensor 1 which I believe { I wanna believe because" I think "this is the one (p1150)on the radiator side not the firewall side which is harder to access} the "pending"p1155pd is a result of the faulty p1150 again I think,before spending hard to get cash and time I was wodereing if anybody had any advice which would help me I've read that it "re setting?" the EIF relay will fix the problem,looked for a reset on the relay and could'nt find it . prior to getting this error I had just changed the oil and filter (checked area for loose electrical connectors) and my wife said the gas level was low and vehicle was running sloppy "prior" to error code coming on...any help/suggestins would be greatly appreciated
  • mikessiennamikessienna Member Posts: 1
    I have a Toyota Sienna 2000 and it has serious electrical problems. When I open the door with the key or the remote the alarm sets off every time. Also while I am driving the door lock unlocks and locks by itself, then my left turn signal does not work properly. It flashes rapidly and the signal does not show for other drivers to see. Whoever has or had a similar problem before and fixed this problem please contact me and inform me to fix this issue. I will greatly appreciate your help, my email address is maggicanada@hotmail.com. Thank you very much.
  • jabrownjabrown Member Posts: 1
    I have a 200 Toyota Sienna XLE it has been a great third car. Last week my seat belt light on dash came on while it was locked in. Then I noticed the door adjar symbol on dash, these issues are new and it seems to be setting the alarm off randomly. Any advise before I head to dealer??
    Chances are it's the Integrated Circuit Relay which seems to fail and causes strange electrical issues(side door won't open/close, seat belt lights stay on, overhead lights stay on, et al)

I replaced the Integrated Circuit Relay with Door Control, P/N 82641-08020 because of similar electrical problems. Part costs $200 dealer only. If you are military, ex-military or senior citizen, many Toyota dealers offer a 10% discount on parts, so ask for it.

It took me about 4 hours to put it in. Don't try this unless you have infinite patience, an advanced set of tools, a LED trouble light, a thick sleeping bag to lay on, and some basic knowledge about auto electrical. You will have to disconnect the battery, remove the two dash panels under the steering wheel, remove the driver seat, the driver's side running panel and the driver's side kick panel. Then, laying on your back (on the sleeping bag) with your head under the driver's side dash compartment, you have to completely disconnect most of the connectors to the fuse box (located on the firewall) so you can drop it down. Once the fuse box is down, remove the old unit which is mounted on top of the fuse box. Then, mount the new one. This is one of the more challenging ones I've tackled because of the tight space you're working in and compactness of the wiring. It did fix my problem and I haven't had electrical issues since (knock on wood). PM if you wish.
    rr

facebook connect
  • themanindboxthemanindbox Member Posts: 11
    I don't know if this is the integrated switch that everyone is talking about.. It might be.. But i do know that there were odd issues on mine too, and it turned out to be an issue with water seeping into the van through the rear hatch. After cleaning up the water, and adjusting the rear door.. the problem went away... I would check to see if your carpets are wet... Good luck..