Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Please Help Me with This!

avo3avo3 Member Posts: 2
Ok so I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. Sometimes when you are first starting to take off, you can be barley pressing the pedal, & the RPM will lik max to like 4 - 5 RPM's. So i guess what im asking is what is this & what is causeing this, I guess what im saying is, is that the car is over powering itself for no reason. Answer this question please!

Comments

• ruckus02140ruckus02140 Member Posts: 3
    sometimes when i start the car it starts all the gauges go up but then the car putts and shuts off but if i give it gas it will stay running.. what could the problem be?
  • ruckus02140ruckus02140 Member Posts: 3
    when i press my break and come to a stop my headlights get dim and the fan blower for heat/ac on high gets weak and RPM's drop a little bit.. could it be my battery
  • jeves715jeves715 Member Posts: 6
    It's the Mass Air Flow Sensor
  • jeves715jeves715 Member Posts: 6
    MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR
  • roxy18roxy18 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem as above, but the only difference is after I drive and the car is warmed up it happens to me..(car will turn over but bog out right away). I changed my mass air flow sensor and the problem didnt change. Please help!!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    roxy18,
    Thank you for taking the time to post. If you are still having concerns with the vehicle I would consider taking it to the dealer if only for diagnostics. If you would like please feel free to email me directly with more information about your vehicle (i.e. VIN, current mileage) and I would be happy to look into it for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service