Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Tahoe Battery Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Houghrog,
    I apologize that you had a problem with your vehicle. Unfortunately I can't diagnose why your battery died over the internet usually the battery is covered under the 3K/3year bumper to bumper warranty unless you have a brand such as a Cadillac then it falls under their warranty. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • shadetree88shadetree88 Member Posts: 8
    I had dead battery problem on my 07 Silverado, truck would have a dead battery, jump start it and it would be good for 2 or 3 months. Started my truck moved near the house to load up to go out of town and dead battery. Did not jump start it had it towed to dealer, tested batter it had a short in one of the cells. They put in a new AC DELCO under warranty. 6 months latter same problem, when to Auto Zone bought a Duralast 1 1/2 yrs latter still no problems.
    Hello Shadetree88,
    I am sorry that you had to go through the battery issues but I'm glad to hear you are no longer experiencing these problems. I'm not able to determine what was causing the problem with the battery but as I stated earlier I'm glad you are no longer having the problem. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • nattyk613nattyk613 Member Posts: 1
    i have had the issue of my battery draining once, until this week. The only thing that i dont see anyone else mentioning is that when i go to start my vehicle, i turn the key and even though i release it, it sounds as if the starter is trying to turn over but doesnt. I turn the key back and on again and it starts with no problem. Do you think this may all be related to the bulletin on getting the ecm system. Another thing that i am unsure of is, the DAY i activated my Onstar, it was the first time i had trouble with my vehicle starting. Coincidence or not, the day i deactivated it, i am now currently having these problems. any suggestions, recommendations etc. are appreciated! :cry:
  • zoesamzoesam Member Posts: 33
    Tried to start my 2007 Tahoe today, started a couple of times with hesitation but on the 3rd attempt, won't start. Battery dead (lights come on but they go off right away). I don't use my MP3 or Ipod in the car . I drive the car daily. I can't have left anything on, b/c the vehicle shuts off anything you leave on after 10 minutes.

Unlike others here, this is the first time ever it won't start HOWEVER I've had weirdness upon startup every few months. I will start the car & a whole bunch of the fan controls (passenger, aux, a/c, high fan speed) will suddenly be on. I never turn on passenger or aux as I'm always the only one in the vehicle. Usually it's just the A/C & fan controls, but in the last 3 days, this startup weirdness starting happening more often & yesterday it set my Parking Assist off & occasionally it will cause the SERVICE TPMS notice to go on. Occasionally it will change the date & time to default.

These are minor annoyances & the fix that virtually always works is to shut off the car & turn it back on & everything is normal. The only reason I re-started today 3x is b/c all my A/C & fan controls were magically on & the TPMS Service message. Today they wouldn't shut off, that's why I kept restarting the car & on the 3rd time it died. Battery is only 3 yrs old, so I'm suspecting some kind of drain, caused by GM's system, not user caused. Has anyone gotten any more recent info on this??

Any system updates that might fix it? I really don't think it's the actual battery.
  • dyno1973dyno1973 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    My 07 tahoe battery drains completly dead overnight. Wake up next morning and cant start vehicle. I narrowed the problem down to the radio. if i remove the fuse for the radio or unplug the radio it does not drian the battery. I did an amperage check and it is drawing about 2 amps with nothing on in the car. The radio is a replacement that was given to me when my original unit was making a whine when you rev the engine. It really annoying that I am not able to have radio and would have to pay to get something fixed that is a factory defect.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    too much draw. Really maybe 400 milliamps should be tops and more like 100 would be desirable.
  • bobnhbobnh Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Tahoe Battery went Dead today, 1st time. Jumped the car to get it started. After running 5 minutes it smelled like hot plastic. Then the battery drained down to 9 volts in about 10 minutes or less. What is wrong with my Tahoe? :sick:
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2010
    Could be a defective cell (or two) in the battery, or something is doing a serious drain on it. Alternator was trying to charge it up, putting 100+ amps thru it, would make it warm.

Take it to an autoparts chain, who can run a battery and alternator load test on it. Most do that free of charge.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It's never a good idea to jump start a completely dead battery, if that was the case---and even if you do, it's best to get it to a charging station ASAP. The alternator, trying to charge a completely dead battery, can harm itself and the battery as well, if the battery is defective. Every time a battery in a car goes dead, it shortens its life.
  • thrownjokerthrownjoker Member Posts: 4
    My 07 Tahoe was towed back to the dealer the day after i bought it .4 batteries later i still have the problem . Now the rear lift gate no longer works , and the inside door handles cut your hand when you exit the Tahoe . also when you hit a bump wile listing to the radio , the radio shorts out . oh yea the backup sensors have gone out. This was my first Chevrolet and my last . let me guess they are so sorry Im having problems with my Tahoe and i know they cant diagnose it over the internet,like i still have trust in this company to fix any thing they make. the Tahoe will be in the shop tomorrow, hopefully they can put a bandage on these problems SO I CAN TRADE IT IN ! I am just another unsatisfied customer :lemon:
  • carcurious54carcurious54 Member Posts: 6
    It's pretty amazing to think that so many of us have the same problems and it hasn't been diagnosed or recalled. At the dealership they act like it's never happened and they have no idea - guess they ought to read these posts. Anyway, since we replaced the battery cables themselves the issue seems to have resolved - finally. I don't know if that will be of any help to you or not. Ours has every possible electronic gadget on the vehicle and I keep thinking it's the backup camera or something, but... so far, we have gone 1 month without calling the tow tuck driver that we know by name. This is a first! Also, this 4th battery is not the Delta they installed, we went with a Sears DieHard this time.
    thrownjoker,
    I apologize for your experience and I understand your frustration. What is the specific problem you had it towed back to the dealer for? Has the dealer involved Technical Assistance? Have any of these issues been corrected? I would like to look into this for you. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I had a 2007 Silverado and the battery kept dying (4 to 5 times) and finally had towed to the dealer without jumpstarting it and they diagnosed a shorted cell in the DELCO battery. They installed a new battery and within 3 months I had the same problem, Truck was still under warranty but I did not want to have them put in another DELCO. Went to Auto Zone bought a Duralast and never had another problem. I could drive my truck out of the garage park it for 10 min and it would be totally dead. Jump start it any it would be ok for a while. I still have the new DELCO they put in, nice new shiny battery not even good for a paper weight. I am glad DELCO did away with the side terminals as I had two of those batteries that the positive terminal rotted and fell right off the battery but GM would not admit to this issue either. DELCO has cost me time and money due to a poor product. $50,000 for a vehicle and they put a $2.00 battery in it. Hope the DELCO in my new GMC hold up better!
    Well Christina i forgot to mention that along with the other problems the rear back up senors also stopped working, the car is still at the dealer.I truly think the idea of the Tahoe is awesome it to bad the engineering if the actual car is lacking. So come to find out 2 years ago when the car went in to get the washer recall taken care of (by the dearer) they never did it! They were paid . the new dealer told me it had never been touched . i have owned this car sense 07 , bought it new was told it was safe... i am glad it hasn't burst into flames with my kids in the car . so now the car is out of warranty by 5 or 6 hundred miles . so to date 4 batteries ,4 inside door handles,back up sensors,rear lift gate handle controller,shorting out stereo and nav and a washer heater . So you to can own a LTZ Tahoe for as little as 50,000 and have a little slice of heaven just like me
  • bryanm1bryanm1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Suburban and have the same problem you had with your Tahoe. Did this really work for you? There are so many other so called solutions out there. What does the HSBB cost? Have 77K miles on my truck.
    thrownjoker,
    What was the specific problem that had the vehicle towed back to the dealer? Has the dealer involved Technical Assistance? Have any of these issues been corrected? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    The specific problem was the charging system . now its the rear hatch is not working. the dealer just fixed the inside door handles so they don't cut your hands but they don't open the door from the inside so i have to take it back. Only 2 of the 5 doors will open now . Every time you hit a bump in the road the factory nav and stereo shorts out. The rear window defrost power supply cables melted off. my 15 year old truck that has less problems than my LTZ Tahoe . I am in the process with customer service but that's going nowhere . My plan is to fix every thing and sell this car This was my first Chevrolet I wont make this mistake again
  • mozartxximozartxxi Member Posts: 7
    Christina:
    I joined this forum trying to find out if there were other GM customers having the same problem I have with my 2007 Chevy Tahoe, and I confirmed I am not alone. My battery died the next day I bought my car and continues dying every three days every time I do not start it. I am now on my third battery and I am so tired of jumpstarting my Tahoe every time I need to take it out of my garage. Having only 28,000 miles on it and after many trips to the dealer I am very disappointed. The battery problem continues and now the low quality handle sharp chromes cut both my wife and my 6 year old daughter’s fingers when they open the door. I just found out it is also a known problem.
    If you are serious on helping with this, let me know when you want me to take it to National City, CA Mile of Cars GM dealer. You can email me directly for directions.
    Thank you.
    mozartxxi,
    Can you please email me with your contact information including mailing address and a good number to reach you, VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and Edmunds user name? I would like to look into this for you. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • buygmbuygm Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    I've owned my 2007 Chevy Tahoe since new and it has under 50k miles on it. I have drained the battery 3 times while using the radio with the vehicle off in under 20 minutes and chock it up to an undersized battery. In the last 3 weeks however, the battery has gone dead 4 times without using it. Three of the instances were found first thing in the morning and the last happened when we went out to dinner. We were in the restaurant about 2 hours and when we came out the battery was dead. We had an individual that was driving behind us tell us that our backup lights were on once, but I couldn't get it to repeat right after that. A few days ago, a family member told us the backup lights were on and the Tahoe was sitting in the driveway, turned off. The vehicle had to be started and shifted into gear before the lights went out. It went to the dealership yesterday and they found nothing. I know it has to be a stuck switch or relay, but the "Users Manual" does not have a wiring diagram. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi,
    Sorry, don't have any info for you on wiring....we have been lucky now since ours went back to dealership and they supposedly changed the battery cable out - we haven't come out to a dead battery in over 2 months now - this is first time since we've owned the car (also original owner's) that we have gone this long without a tow truck being called. I really can't believe that a battery cable was the culprit - since it started on day 1 of bringing the vehicle home. I think they know what the problem is, that they fixed it, and just don't want to say so because it's going to be a huge recall if they acknowledge it. I agree that it is probably a wiring issue. Wish you the best of luck. Somebody from GM will probably contact you via email.....
  • bigdawg52bigdawg52 Member Posts: 1
    I simply cannot believe that I have a bad battery after only 32K miles. I am the original owner of this 2007 Tahoe LTZ and have now had my battery jumped twice. AC Delco used to be the best on the block when it came to batteries, but now I would not give you 2 cents for one. I took my Tahoe to the dealership for oil change and tire rotation. They did a good inspection and told me that my battery was going out. I said really, I have not driven that much. Their response was that this happens sometimes and all I could do about it was replace the battery. After reading the posts on this site, you can bet that I won't be buying a battery from Chevy. I will be going to Sears for their Die Hard Battery. I have had great success with them and they last a very long time.

Chevy really needs to do something about these problems with the 2007 Tahoe LTZ. A $100 for the heated windshield washer disconnection is not the answer. Make it work, like the product was sold.
  • mlee5mlee5 Member Posts: 1
    I own an 07 tahoe and have issues with battery, leaving radio on while cleaning interior or leaving key in ignition for 5 minutes battery is dead. I just googled issue and seems other people have same problem. Another issue is the hinges have rusted out and been replaced and are rusting again.
  • angieloutxangieloutx Member Posts: 1
    I sent an email to you (or what's listed in your profile) and hope to hear back from you as to what my options are for getting this fixed. I'm hoping GM realizes this is a major issue that borders on being very unsafe (stranded motorists, especially female like myself!).

Please see if my email made it to you and let me know what you think should be done!
  • hwhealthhwhealth Member Posts: 1
    I've experiencing the same challenges as everyone else here with my 2007 LTZ, and maybe this has been covered, but it seems to me that this may be as much of a software issue as it is a battery issue. Case in point, we continue to be cursed by the dead battery scenario after leaving a door open for 5-10 minutes. I mean seriously, you can't leave the rear hatch open to load it full of whatever it is you're wanting to carry without having a dead battery? Dare I digress. But that is where we are at. Just turned 40K miles, have had this issue into the dealership a few times already where it supposedly was "addressed" and the issue still continues. The reason I think it is software related it because after getting a jump start to revive it, I can immediately turn off the truck, and turn it back on. Now if it were a dead battery, with all of the systems running, and less than 10 seconds of recharge time, there is no way the battery would start the vehicle. So I am starting to think that the computer software has a fail-over circuit that is supposed to protect the battery from being drained from all of the systems that run (like the NAV that spins up when you open a door) that is shutting down the power to the computer and causing this issue. I owned a 2002 Tahoe before this and loved it. When this truck is running, I have no issues with it, but within the last week I have had this issue 4 times as we were loading and unloading things for the holidays on numerous occasions. For the GM Customer Service person monitoring this forum, I'd love to know what my options are to resolve this once and for all. To add insult to injury, my rear defrost cable disconnected from the rear window last night, connector and all. Can someone point me in the right direction other than another brand?
  • socalmx7socalmx7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 07 Tahoe LT Flex Fuel and have had nothing but dead battery problems. It has left my children and I stranded many times and I always have to call AAA for a jump start. If I leave it parked for more then one day it will not start and the battery is drained. I thought the battery was the culprit but just bought a brand new one and I am having the same problems with the battery going dead. It is !00% stock and I make sure everything is turned off and I still keep getting this problem. Obviously this is a huge issue as I have read so many people having the same issue. They need to make a recall and get this problem fixed. I have been a loyal Chevy and GM customer but if this problem isn't resolved asap I will definitely not buy or recommend Chevy or GMC again. I will let you all know if this problem does not get resolved.
    This 2007 model seems to be the culprit - and after thinking about it, you are right on the battery issue - it is stone dead when they jump it, but it starts right back up if you turn the car off - that doesn't make sense. Like I said in earlier post - they claimed it was a corroded battery cable and we haven't been jump started since the last visit to the dealership when the "repair" was done. And again, problem started day 1 when we brought it home so the battery cable was brand new - so it wasn't the problem that day - which makes me think you are on to something.... I still think they did a different repair and just aren't saying so.....
  • sly906sly906 Member Posts: 1
    By reading all of these posts, I see that I am not alone in the dead tahoe battery issues. I currently own a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, which occasionally does not start. I have a new battery, new alternator, and new battery cables all replaced, only to have it not start again. Once boosted it can be turned off and started right up again. You can listen to the radio, or lock and unlock the doors, but all you get is a click and the clock re sets itself and you can hear that there is power to the vehicle. The dealer has said they did an update to the (BCM) and now say we should change the fuse panel box!! I am very frustrated and have no intention of changing this! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done??
  • mogas1mogas1 Member Posts: 1
    I have an '07 Suburban that if you leave the key in even for as short of a time as filling the fuel tank, it will need a jump. I hope GM addresses this. I came from Toyotas and I may just go back.

Dave
  • tahoeboytahoeboy Member Posts: 1
    Man, I had no idea that so many people were experienceing the same problem.
    About a month ago, I was waiting for my wife, the car was off with the keys in the switch. Everything on the dash blinked and then it went dead. I could net get it started. I finally got a jump/ however, it took some time before it would start. After is started I too it to the dealer and they said the battery was fine, however, they said I needed to change a relay switch wich would cost me about $400. I could not do that at the time, but they did charge me $110. to chech out the problem. WOW, this is a rip off. Please any suggestion what I can do to get this fixed?
  • richard7564richard7564 Member Posts: 8
    My 2004 Chevy Suburban has been draining the battery to dead overnight if I leave it unstarted for about 12 hours. Have jump started successfully. Replaced battery with brand new one. It too went completely dead overnight. Suspect an electrical short so I dropped it off at the Chevy dealer who has had it now for 3 days. When I get it back, I will post here what they found out. I just hope it's not something stupid like a loose wire in the door panel or something. I have only 89000 miles and this headache pops up? Other problems I've had with this Suburban is a faulty dashboard instrument cluster panel which had to be completely replaced. Also an electric swing-door under the dash for the ventilation ducts failed so I had no heater !!! That was a $400.00 repair. Also the anti-sway has intermittent grinding noise at front left wheel well during curvy roads and cold weather. I've had to push the button on the dash to bypass it which temporarily cures the problem. Still I love my Suburban for its size, trailer hauling, and can seat 9 passengers.
  • mrhalfadaymrhalfaday Member Posts: 1
    To all others that have posted, I am also having the same issue. I sat in the car with the key in the on position while on a phone call for about 10 minutes. When I went to start the car again it wouldn't start. Later in the week while loading the car for a trip out of town, by the time I got the car loaded and closed the hatch the car wouldn't start again. It will immediately start from a jump, and if you turn it off it will immediately start again. So the battery seems to have juice, but the car will not engage the starter and turn over if the battery has been used briefly while the car isn't on. I called the dealership and they suggested to bring it in. I am tempted to replace the battery, but not sure that is the issue here. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION? PLEASE REPLY. We love the car in all other areas, but when you can't drive it and get stranded, it's a bummer!
    Thanks, sH
  • asignetasignet Member Posts: 3
    I need help. I am the original owner of a 2007 Tahoe. On many occasions, it will not start. The starter does not engage. It appears as though the battery is dead. At first I thought I must have left a door open or left something else “on” resulting in a dead battery. After a few times, I confirmed that this problem was not caused by something like an open door or something else left on. On several occasions when the Tahoe would not start, I noticed that I could turn on both the radio and the headlights, so the battery was not completely dead. I only drive this Tahoe for about five months per year. Almost every time the car won’t start, I am stuck in a very remote spot in the mountains of Montana without cell phone coverage, so it is a serious problem. This problem started within three months of purchasing this car. Sometimes the car runs without a problem for weeks.

Is this a known problem? Have there been recalls for this problem? Should there be a recall for this problem?

My GM dealership: They have been great, but they don’t have a fix for me because they don’t know what is causing the problem.
  • richard7564richard7564 Member Posts: 8
    Well I got my Suburban back. The Chevrolet Dealer said they tried but ultimately, no luck at all finding the electrical short. However, they jiggled some wire under the hood, said their meter spiked for a second. And the battery did not go dead anymore for the 4 days they had the truck. They were honest and did not charge me too much for the exploratory repairs.
  • pvuepvue Member Posts: 2
    Holy COW! I was just gonna replace my Delco battery, but went on a hunch and decided to google this first. And I must say, I didn't think it'd be like this. I bought the car used and thought that it was an original battery and just needed to be replaced, but after reading this I don't know what to think. Sounds like thats what folks have been doing and still no confirmed solution. I don't want to go and spend $100+ and have it happen again the day after. Another thing is the rear defroster tabs have been broken and replaced but it still doesn't work. What's up with that? Oh yeah, my car came with the stock engine starter, and guess what.....that doesn't work either! When I go through the process that is on the back of the FOB, it opens my rear liftgate glass instead. This is not my first GM car but it is my first Chevy. I'm kind of regretting the trade-in with my Jeep Commander. GM! Please RECALL! :sick:
  • wessywessy Member Posts: 8
    Add me to the list. 07 Hoe bought new. 11 months later battery would die after for no reason. Made dealer replace battery under warranty now two years later same thing is happening. Dealer still insists they are unaware of any battery issue with the 07 Tahoe's. They must have been told not to let on there is an issue to customers from GM reps. One thing I have done to reduce the possibility of the battery draining is to never leave anything plugged into the cig lighters and take the key out of the ignition everytime you turn the truck off.
    1st battery acted up with a bad shoted cell within the first year , dealer replace it with another AC Delco and with in 4 month same thing. Put in a Duralast from Auto Zone no more problems. GM has charging problem and battery problems. I would pull my truck out of the garage shut it off come back 5 min latter and everthing would be dead.
    Don't know what Delco did to thier battery design but my 01 Tahoe Delco battery lasted 6 years with no issues. I will replace the Delco battery with an Interstate next time it goes dead. I have noticed lately the engine doesn't spin over as fast.
    I have a spare battery I'm going to strap in to the other tray and use as a backup.
    Delco has changed their manufacturer of their batteries around 2000 , that is when they started having problems. Mainly the side terminal batteries (Positive terminal rotting off).I had 2 of these! 2007 new body style trucks is when the started having problems with the top terminal batteries(Cells shorting out).
    007 truck also originally had charging problems, (dealer would have to reprogram charging system).
    The problem I'm having with this whole deal is that my service dept says there is no reprogram update available for my truck. They say they are unaware of any issue with a charging system or battery problem. I have talked to other dealers in the area too who have the same story like they have been told to say this from Chevrolet.
    Wessy,
    Can you please email me your VIN and involved dealer?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • buygmbuygm Member Posts: 2
    It has died again and also had another instance where the backup lights were stuck on. It went to the local GM dealership and they said they would be replacing the engine comparment fuse block under warranty. I have a friend with GM that said there is a BCM update from Sept. '09 that addresses a battery drain issue. My Tahoe had a BCM update in April '09, so I am going to have them do the newer update when the vehicle is scheduled for the fuse block replacement.
  • kungfujoekungfujoe Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem. 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT. Been happening since Day 1 but I always thought it was something else or I had left the lights on, etc so I just went about jumping/charging and now I'm left with a battery that is completely dead. I finally called the dealer but was told that I was 4 months out of my 3 year warranty and they wouldn't cover me under warranty. I called GM directly and was told to get my car to the dealer and then they would figure out what could be one. My dilemma is that it appears there is no fix for this and ultimately, I'm going to take my car to the dealer only to have them tell me they don't know what the problem is or I just need a new battery, charge me, and the problem will just occur again several months down the line. I asked about a BCM update, but both the dealer and GM said there are no recalls or updates for my vehicle.
    Email sent.
    kungfujoe,
    If you have spoke with Customer Assistance I would definitely recommend working with customer assistance. They need to have the vehicle into the dealer for diagnosis in order to assist you. Please keep me updated on your progress.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jfjordanjfjordan Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have an answer?!? Short and long of it our 2007 Tahoe intermittenly went dead and needed a jump start. Finally had it towed to the dealer 12/30/09 when it broke down half an hour away from home and they said it needed the radio reprogrammed. Did that, but problem persisted. On 4/22/ 09 I brought it into dealer and bought a new battery and had it installed. Problem seemed to stop for a while but then it started acting up again that winter. In April 2010 I returned to the dealer and they checked everything out and said all OK. I am now careful to NEVER run the radio if the car is not running. NOW the car battery just drains down when the car sits in the driveway. Every time I need to use it I have to get a jump start. So, basically, my car hass been sitting there for months because it is unreliable and I opt to take one of the other cars than to risk breaking down somewhere. Has anyone received any explanation on what is draining the car? I leave NOTHING on...I am sure! GM help me please.
  • mozartxximozartxxi Member Posts: 7
    Dear Christina:
    I started today Sunday January 30th, 2011 jump starting my Tahoe after only 1 day in the garage. My new battery is only 3 months old. I had to travel to Oceanside,CA about 50 miles from Home, I went there back and forth twice so I am pretty sure I put up around 200 miles in my Tahoe today and battery should be charged fully so after that I went with my family out for Dinner and on our way back I decided to fill my tank at a Gas Station and -guess what- my Tahoe did not started. It took me only 5 minutes to fill out my tank. Solution: Jump start my car again thanks to a guy who had an old 1970 model but -he said- runs better that latest new models.
    I had enough, I am emailing you the info you requested so you can please make sure I can finally get my car fixed. I am pretty sure this is a Car problem and not a battery problem. Please help.
    Regards.
    Mozartxxi
  • 08tahoehybrid08tahoehybrid Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Hi
    I saw your post - I had to respond.
    I have the same issue.
    2008 Hybrid 28k miles
    Love the car - no other problems.

I thought my wife or kids left a door open etc.. - I jumped it started right up. a week later same-thing.
    I brought to dealership 12/20/10- said that the computer needed to be updated with latest software - said no battery problems - they ran a test on battery said perfect.
    2 weeks later same thing jumped it no problem.
    3 days later would not start - called dealer after - 4 days in the shop, they said they don't know why its doing it - but after my complaining - they put in a new battery.
    BUT is the battery the problem?
    My Cars warranty is up in June 11. I am looking to extend my warranty now, cause I cant deal with going through this and paying out of pocket.
    I am looking for a extended GMPP to add 30k more miles and 36more months -I found it for $950which sounds good . any help from anyone on battery issues or extended warranty that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.
    ALSO if this is an ongoing problem with " TAHOE'S" they should put out a recall so we can have it covered with or without a warranty.
    Thanks Mike
  • 08tahoehybrid08tahoehybrid Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid
    w/ 29,000 Miles -
    My Cars warranty is up in June 2011.
    I am looking for a extended GMPP to add 30k more miles and 36more months -I found it for $950 which sounds good . Any help from anyone on extended warranty that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.
    So Far Greg Bell's Chevy dealership has best price. (Google it)
    1877-265-3140
    I don't work for them - I just want to pass along the research.
    Hopefully there is a better deal out there. My dealer wants $1300 for same warranty.