Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Equus Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,199
Ask your Equus lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• Options
    aseetaseet Member Posts: 8
    does anybody know what the lease deal is on the equus
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi aseet. The Equus is a nice car, but it's definitely not cheap. Hyundai is currently advertising the "Signature" trim level for $739/month for 36 months with $4,260 down. Manufacturers' official advertised payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to do a little better than this on this car right now. I have to think that Hyundai will be forced to increase its lease support on this car at some point in the future if it has any volume aspirations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    gjruddengjrudden Member Posts: 7
    Any idea as to the residual value and money factor's for the Equus, as it's been a few months since you have posted your last post.

Looking at the Signature with 12,000 or 15,000 miles.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi gjrudden. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Equus Signature with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 54%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    cutecaroletxcutecaroletx Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to figure out if I should purchase with cash the Equus or lease...the dealer said that they would reduce the price of the Equus by $3500 if I lease...and we could purchase the car at the end of the lease...I am interested in the cash difference...do I save cash if I lease?
  • Options
    aohurstaohurst Member Posts: 8
    Do we know the money factor and residual for the 2012 Equus
  • Options
    cr1t1calm4sscr1t1calm4ss Member Posts: 8
    Lets please get an update on May and June Lease deals for the Equus.

Id like to know what they are offering, anyone getting invoice and below on price prior to lease special etc.

The 739 Lease special isnt attractive with 4000 down (signature)...

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi cr1t1calm4ss. Hyundai's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Equus Signature with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

I'm not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Equus right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the available cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mattywmattyw Member Posts: 6
    I got money factor of 00072 and residual at 43% for the 48 month special lease, which makes the whole thing fall apart. Not sure why they're not goosing the residual guarantee to 53% to 55%, which is what they need (at that money factor) to move these things in the context of the Audi, BMW and Lexus (not to mention MB) comparables, if they intend on really buying market share for a new entrant. We are taking the market risk here by paying so much in depreciation, and they should be taking this risk for a new and unproved entrant.

Anyone know of more aggressive leasing companies/lenders that may want to play here?
  • Options
    aohurstaohurst Member Posts: 8
    Don't they have $0/$0/$0 lease running now?