Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Crosstour

Comments

• jigsyjigsy Member Posts: 1
    I looked at an EX-L last weekend, and I must say I like the way it looks, and drives. We looked at an accord last year, and decided against it (while the economy recovered)- I'm glad we waited, as this is almost THE perfect Accord for us.

I had an '87 accord with a 96hp 4cyl, lasted 12 yrs (for me) and 215,000 miles, only 1 clutch, 1 timing belt, brakes and oil, that was it for maintenance. I gave it to my niece and she drove another 20K miles out of it! Don't know why I didn't go right back to the accords after that, but I strayed.

With the crosstour, we're ready to come back.

Likes: Looks (yes, we actually did), 4WD, height, room in the back, V6.
    Dislikes: Rear view (will get Nav with rear camera), seats might need more fiddling to find the most comfortable setting.

We are in no hurry, but with a good price we'll buy now- if not, we can wait it out. Apparently the NAV systems are hard to come by (so says my dealer)- likely not in "their" inventory, but as I said, I can wait it out.

:)
  • albusalbus Member Posts: 4
    We just purchased Honda's awesome new 2010 Crosstour and absolutely love the way it drives. So quiet, so comfortable, solid and soundproof. Maybe too soundproof. 2 days ago my wife was driving happily in her new Honda Crosstour when all of a sudden KABOOM!!! :mad: The sunroof imploded :( . At first my wife looked around to see if she was hit. Ofcourse she was in shock and while still driving if it had been a rock it would have bounced or caused other evidence of damage. Or worse, caused her to loose control of the vehicle. She immediately called home and I met her in the garage to observe the damage. I expected to see a rock or other debris caught in the space left by the missing glass. There was not a hole, dents, scratch, or any other evidence that the car was hit by anything. It just looked to have self destructed on its own. I am in Internet Marketing as my profession, so I did a little research. It turns out that there have been reported cases where physics can cause the sunroof to liftoff if not properly fit or engineered to handle wind current at freeway speed. Especially in cars designed to be airtight and quiet. While Honda has done an amazing job in building what I consider to be a great car, they may have cut corners by sharing parts with the Accord it's namesake. If that is true, then Honda is going to be facing alot of broken sunroofs.

So here is where I get angry. We take the car back to the dealer where we purchased and they take sides with us that this is obviously a warranty item and Honda will take care of it. Even provide us a courtesy rental car while the part is ordered. They could not be any nicer--we swore that all of our cars would be Hondas from then on. But that was too good to be true--Norm Reeves Honda said that the Honda Division Manager will not authorize the repairs under warranty and they want us to pay $1,400 to have it replaced. Are you kidding me? We have not even made a car payment yet! I am sure that if it is not under warranty then Lemon Law would certainly protect us. Of course, this car is so new that not enough have been sold to determine there is a problem. I hope that If by reporting this issue on this board does anything to alert Honda to the problem-or cause them to loose a few million dollars in lost revenue then perhaps they should take better care of their car buyers. The next time this happens, someone may die. So Honda, are you ready to talk? See you on FOX. I can see the teaser now "Beware of Exploding Sunroofs, Are you Safe? Find out at 10!
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    I recently got this quote from a dealership in Maryland.

2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD with Navigation System
    $33,250.00 + $710 destination charge, $89 processing fee, 6% sales tax, and tags.

Good price or should I shop elsewhere?

Thanks
    That is pretty good. We paid $30,000 for the 2WD and no NAV. We are still upset about the exploding sunroof though.
  • vikingsin2010vikingsin2010 Member Posts: 11
    I had high hopes for the Crosstour as a means to transport our two small dogs around town. I considered the RDX and MDX models (current RL Owner) but ruled them out for various reasons, including size, bulk, turbo engine, etc. So I brought the dog crates to a local Chicago dealer for a fitting. I'm disappointed to report that the rear hatch will not close to accommodate these small carriers. The hatch slopes back at such a radical angle that this area has very little utility. I understand an Acura TSX wagon is forthcoming. If it conforms to the European version with a squared off rear end then it will more likely serve my needs.
    I wanted to update this board on the latest on my 2010 Honda Crosstour Exploding Sunroof incident.

After escalating with Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in Cerritos Auto Square, they were able to go up the foodchain with Honda. The good news is they insisted that Honda make good on covering the exploding sunroof and cover the cost at no charge to us. Way to go Norm Reeves! The rental car will be covered too. Special thanks to the entire team at Norm Reeves Honda. They were extremely nice during the entire process and really went the extra mile to make the customer satisfied. Kudos to Honda too for finally coming to their senses and honoring their warranty on what we think is a great new car in their 2010 line up. I only hope that this never happens again to us or to anyone else. We get the car back tomorrow. My wife and I can't wait! One little side note, it seems that if you speak up and fight for the right thing, people will listen. The key here is to be nice about it even though your are firm about what is right. Many people just get angry and that does not help anyone. Oh, and blogging on social media websites is a good way to get action too. Now we are happy Honda owners once more.:D
  • slipcarbslipcarb Member Posts: 2
    Ended up paying 35371.88 for a 2WD Crosstour w/Navigation. So far I'm absolutely loving this vehicle.
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    $35000 for an 2wd Accord? I just don't see it. There are better options out there.
  • stevarenostevareno Member Posts: 1
    What dealership in Maryland did you get this from?
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    I'm happy you are happy, but had I got blown off the first time like you did, I would have left it there and told them to keep it and not be so kind about it. And yes, I also own an Accord.
  • linkfeeney3linkfeeney3 Member Posts: 19
    I dont want to say this... but u got ripped off

for that price, u could gotten a infiniti G35 Awd...

my friend got his for $31K...

Honda is not a luxury brand! Hopefully you are enjoying it, cause i got in one... and I can not see the back!!! Time to look at Subaru
  • mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    I agree, 35 grand for an Accord, too much
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Agree too, which is why we gave up on the Crosstour and bought an EX-L V6 Sedan for $7000 less.

While we liked the versatility of the Crosstour, $7000 for AWD and a hatch seems excessive. Plus, our local dealer was willing to deal on the sedan, but not on the Crosstour. Full retail on it!
    the car looks great, got a big [non-permissible content removed] thou....if I had that, I would be like Kramer with a NJ License plate that says... ASSMAN,
    but I can't believe I can't see the back...
    the back window so was small that they had to use that black part as a window so you can see... the black part that I'm talking about is, when you look at the back there's is Honda Emblem that was a black trim.... that's the part you can see from the inside out... it must be hard to see the blind spot... almost like a Fj crusier!

come on Honda, I'm sure you can do better... they should've made a wagon, it least that made sense!
  • accursojoeaccursojoe Member Posts: 3
    ...hmmmm I'm curious about all of this negative talk about the CT. I got my EX-L with Navi (AWD) for 32,900. And I still love it (see previous note) Whoever said you could get an Infiniti for that price hasn't really looked at equivalent Infinitis. I got rid of my Infiniti 37 Coupe and was planning to get either a ZDX or a EX 35. I priced and drove them all.. Infiniti EX35, Acura ZDX, Toyota Venza, BMW MX6, etc. Nothing came even close to the pricing for the CT and it has just about everything on it you could possible want. Basic ZDX (45K), equivalent EX35 (55K), Basic MX6 (60-90K), and the list goes on and on.... Configured like the CT, all of these luxury brands run between 55 and 65K. Makes the 32,900 CT look pretty good to me. I'm used to Infiniti luxury and the CT lives up to it.
  • slipcarbslipcarb Member Posts: 2
    He got the exact same thing I got for 31k? Where exactly did he get that deal at? Any trade in? Also bottom of the line base model Infiniti or top of the line loaded Crosstour? Choice was easy for me. Just getting the version with a USB port and Bluetooth would put me over the price of the Crosstour. I could have gotten a BMW 3 Series without a radio for cheaper too...
    Nobody is discounting this car. I haggeled for 8 hours to get them at below COST. They did it cause I wore them down and I am sure i got screwed somewhere else. My tade-in was a lease termination on a Landrover LR2. Great car except that no one wanted it...not even the dealerr. I had to cough up $2k due to mileage.
    Sport Honda

I Assume you think this is a good price?
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    Your description sounds like it may have come from faux news. If it in fact exploded, did the shrapnel hurt your wife? Big lawsuit right?

Unless you mean the sunroof fractured, but stayed in place.

Kind of like automotive safety glass?

Time will tell if this is a fluke or an issue with body/roof flex or ???
    well, it was towards the end of the year thing...
    it had everything except nav and he has AWD
    AWD is so much better than Nav, safety and control is important!
    the weird thing is that in order to get back up camera, u need the nav for honda
    my truck has the back up camera in the rear-view mirror standard!

I hate it when you need nav for back up camera... a ripped off just because of safey... you can put a GPS in your car and it works fine!
    I know what you mean, it's a scam that Honda does with the Odyssey too. The backup camera is extremely helpful and should be standard. I don't know if Honda's GPS has improved since 2007, but it is one of the worst I've seen. Terrible resolution, terrible points of interest guide, terrible interface.
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Maybe not. Our 2008 Odyssey EX-L did NOT have the NAV, and yet it DID have the back-up camera, which had its display in the rear view mirror. I grew to like that camera very much, and was really sorry to see that Honda didn't bother putting a similar system in the Crosstour. They really should have. Its practically mandatory IMHO, when you can't see anything behind you.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Drove one again yesterday and decided it was going to be on my short list. Accord Sedan just was not right for me.

Car Man, Can you tell me MF and Residual on the EXL 2WD and EXL4WD?

No Nav on either 3 yr 36k

Also - the salesman seemed to think deals will get better on this car (and the Pilot) in Feb and / or March. Anyone have any insight into this?
  • nmctownernmctowner Member Posts: 9
    We have had our EX-L AWD for two months. Last two tanks were 21.5 and 22.1 mpg mostly around town with some interstate miles on each trip. No problems to report. Still impressed. :)
  • jjcbphllcjjcbphllc Member Posts: 3
    My 2010 Accord's Navigation System Time-of-Arrival is off by 3 hours / every 500 Miles? Why? --Honda has no answer and blames it on NavTech Software. The brakes are sluggish and slow to stop. The Hands Free Link is terrible with Voice Recognition. The Gas Door does not always open. My First and Last Honda -- going soon only 3000 miles and it's junk already. Many rattles.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    How many times have you had it at your dealer for these issues? They don't have to have an answer; they have to replace it.

Do you have an Accord or the Crosstour? If you're looking for answers on Accord maintenance & repairs, there is a dedicated forum for that; you might try there. This forum is mainly for the 2010 Crosstour.
    5 times. They won;t replace the NAV Sys or fix the gas door. The story is this is how all Honda Accords 2010 work, and Honda American in Calif. supports that claim. Probably going back to Ford. I just got rid of a 2007 Toyota Camry. White dust in cabin d/t back AC. Brake were bad., tires bald at 7000 and 12000 miles with 3 bad brake calibers, and 2 bad struts replace under warranty. Air bags falling off. But the Honda is just as bad as the 2007 Camry. The Nav Sys off by 3 hours estimated time or arrival every 500 miles. Handfree link terrible. Rattles in back and left side of car. Brakes sluggish. American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Honda Automobile Customer Srvc 1919 Torrance Blvd. MS:500-2N-7D, Torrance, Ca. 90901-2746 no help. Piazza Honda Limerick/Pottstown PA said that how all Honds'a work. Driver seat bumps. Report to Attorney General PA, going for Lemon Law Suit now 4200 miles on vehicle bought Nov 09. :sick:
    5 times. They won;t replace the NAV Sys or fix the gas door. The story is this is how all Honda Accords 2010 work, and Honda American in Calif. supports that claim. Probably going back to Ford. ( I just got rid of a 2007 Toyota Camry. White dust in cabin d/t bad AC sub-assembly). Brake were bad, tires bald at 7000 and 12000 miles with 3 bad brake calibers, and 2 bad struts replace under warranty. Air bags falling off.) But the Honda Accord 2010 :sick: :sick: is just as bad as the 2007 Camry. The Nav Sys off by 3 hours estimated time or arrival every 500 miles. Handfree link terrible. Rattles in back and left side of car. Brakes sluggish. American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Honda Automobile Customer Srvc 1919 Torrance Blvd. MS:500-2N-7D, Torrance, Ca. 90901-2746 no help. Piazza Honda Limerick/Pottstown PA said that how all Honds'a work. Driver seat bumps. Report to Attorney General PA, going for Lemon Law Suit now 4200 miles on vehicle bought Nov 09. :sick:
  • alorstaralorstar Member Posts: 4
    I would also like to know if you are talking about the Accord CROSSTOUR, or do you have a regular Accord? They are 2 very different vehicles, so we would all appreciate if you would clearify which vehicle you have.
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    7000 and 5000mi on a set of tires, bad struts, brakes, Pardon me but it sounds like your hot rodding the car. What brand tires were they?
    how do you guys see out of the back?!?! the Window is Ridiculusly Small!!!
    it is a horrible design... I dont know how you guys would like it, like this!!
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Rear visibility is an issue in many vehicles. So you do what people do, either get the model with the rear view camera, or learn how to use the side mirrors. It's pretty simple. It's not like the Cross tour is the first vehicle with limited visibility through the rear windshield. Some even use the side mirrors with trailers attached to the rear. :surprise: Amazing, but true.
  • davehecdavehec Member Posts: 2
    I'm amazed that so many people don't gets this car... I read the yahoo list of car not to buy. There was my CT. No complaint about the car really. Price was an issue and the fact that it didn't offer as much rear cargo space as other suv's. I bought the CT because of what it is, not for what it isn't. I just got rid of an suv. it's a box.. The other suv's I looked at. Boxes. I don't even consider this an suv. It a tricked out AWD touring sedan. I've gotten more complements on this thing than any car or suv i've ever owned.
    Price? By the time you deal on the thing it's a better value than most in it's class, I've seen it compared to some pretty exclusive rides. Price them out with similar equipment as my CT AWD EXL with nav, The Honda's a good buy. Good job Honda
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    A car purchase may be the most personal purchase you will ever make. If it floats your boat, go for it!! My problem is I tire of cars quickly. I only lease and I rarely make it 3 years!! Enjoy your ride and who the hell cares what others think!
  • sjdesjde Member Posts: 3
    Is there any information on safety for this car? Probably as good as the regular Accord? I don't think crash tests have been done.
    We are wondering if this car is for us. My husband has a Pilot and we don't want/need another SUV. I have an Audi A4 and love it but the lease is about over and if we buy it I'm afraid of the high maintenance/repair costs. In Colorado I definitely want AWD.
  • davehecdavehec Member Posts: 2
    I havn't seen saftey data yet. Most Honda product is good. I also figured it must be as good as Accord. I live in the snow belt near Buffalo NY. Drove this in a blizzard the other nite. Rock solid. Can't wait to long road trip it.
  • schocktopschocktop Member Posts: 2
    We finally picked up the AWD w/ Navigation and are VERY HAPPY with the car. The car handles better and seems to have better interior finish than our Acura. The only problem is the number of people who come up to the car and want to know what it is all about.

I will post more after I get a few more miles on it.
    Does the 4WD Crosstour have the same transmission as the Pilot?

Does the 4WD Crosstour's differential require the fluid to be changed every 15k and if so, any guesses as to how much it costs?

Has anyone heard if the deals will be better come March 2nd? Typically new Honda models have much higher prices during the initial launch phase.

Schocktop - The Crosstour and new Acura model are both built at the Honda plant in East Liberty Ohio.

Crosstour definitely seemed more solid than the '10 Accord Sedan.
  • leilani3leilani3 Member Posts: 3
    I just got my Glacier Blue 2WD with Navi and after seeing all the negativity on the web was starting to doubt my mind but I walked out to the parking lot today and someone was eyeing it and asked me about it and seemed to like it. I don't care - I love it and it's so much better than my 06 Accord Ex and taste is so subjective anyway.

I haven't seen any others yet around.
  • ddobddob Member Posts: 11
    Can you give us price, OTD, location and specifics, please? I haven't seen any 2WDs here in NJ and it doesn't look like they'll be playing nice with price for a while.
    Can anyone comment on limited visibility with the low beam headlights?

Had heard that with low beams, there is an abrupt point at which the light from the head lights stops so if you are going up a hill, you really cannot see ahead.
  • ttranrxttranrx Member Posts: 1
    Just got my crosstour 4WD and love it. Got the car for $33,515 with added window tink, color door guards, mud guards, tire locks, and cargo mat. Looking forward to years of fun.
  • wemburkewemburke Member Posts: 5
    I read in one of the car mag's review of the Crosstour that the brakes on the Crosstour are the same as on the CRV. I went to the Honda site and checked the detailed spec's and this seems to confirm they are the same. To my thinking, the much heavier Crosstour with a hefty V6 should have bigger brakes than the CRV. Maybe this situation leads to the symptoms you have experienced. My 2 cents.
    The guy you are responding to was complaining about an Accord, not a Cross tour, even though this thread is about the Cross tour. Seems he has problems with cars, and car forums.
  • wemburkewemburke Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Question, then: Do you or anyone think brakes are an issue with the CT? With the Crosstour EXL some 516 lbs. heavier than a CRV EXL but both having the same brakes, should anyone (me) be concerned about the long term brake performance and wear/pad life of the Crosstour's brakes?
    edited February 2010
    I just picked up an EXL / 4WD a couple of days ago. Drives very nice - significantly quieter than my Accord Sedan and in some ways, is closer to an Acura than Honda. Assuming it provides Honda reliability, I will be satisfied.

It feels (because it is) much heavier than the sedan and by default, if the brakes are the same as a CRV, then pads and perhaps rotors won't last as long. I would think if pad/rotor life becomes an issue, Honda will address it. Too new to comment on braking distance or acceleration as I have done neither in an aggressive fashion yet.

I know several Pilot owners who put on two sets of brakes in less than 50k miles. Perhaps above a certain weight, vehicles will burn up brakes faster - not sure as I am not an expert.
    Question, then: Do you or anyone think brakes are an issue with the CT? With the Crosstour EXL some 516 lbs. heavier than a CRV EXL but both having the same brakes, should anyone (me) be concerned about the long term brake performance and wear/pad life of the Crosstour's brakes?

I would not be concerned, but then I've never had brake problems with any car or truck. The fact that I do the work myself, so all I pay for is pads, is another reason pads wearing a little early doesn't bother me. I would have a problem with squealing, but the organic compound used in the Honda pads is pretty quiet. I will gladly change them early, if they don't give me any other problems.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    elroy5 -- when you install new pads do you also turn the rotors or just buy new ones.
    elroy5 -- when you install new pads do you also turn the rotors or just buy new ones.

I just change the pads. That's it. It has been working for me since 1981, when I got my first car. I'm pretty easy on brakes, I guess. :D
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Turning rotors is a big profit area so most shops insist on it. Your approach makes sense. Had 73k miles on my 02 chrysler and still had plenty of pad left. The rotors were warped a bit when I traded it in.